PDA

View Full Version : Phoenix Suns - Where nothing happens

Retired_Member_001
03-18-2008, 10:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvJaOvF1AKA

Escobar
03-23-2008, 02:01 PM
''what? jealous because Suns beat Lakers in the Playoff First Round two years in a row?''

ahh so true.. when was the last time you guys won a first round playoff matchup?? Was it with shaq?? I don't remember :D

I hope we play your pathetic team in the playoffs ...knock them out for the 3rd straight year...pathetic fans think your team is actually good...*laughs* watch them lose against golden state today :coffee::coffee:

Escobar
03-23-2008, 11:11 PM
watch them lose against golden state today :coffee::coffee:

''Where nothing happens against the Warriors'' :coffee::coffee:

Retired_Member_001
03-24-2008, 04:37 PM
''Where nothing happens against the Warriors'' :coffee::coffee:

We had no Gasol and no Bynum, those are our two best big men. I mean come on, we only had 8 players fit to play.

Where would the Suns be without Amare, Shaq and with Nash's pinky taped up? Let me tell you where they would not be, the playoffs.

YOUR just jealous that MY team is doing so well without it's best defender (Bynum), best offensive post player (Gasol), highest % shooter in the league (Bynum), second best peremeter defender (Ariza), backup center (Mihm) and offesnive 2nd and 3rd option (Gasol and Bynum). Do you see? The guys we are missing are big players for us.

.With Gasol, Bynum and Ariza back, it's not even going to be funny how better the Lakers are compared to the Suns.

Escobar
03-24-2008, 04:54 PM
We had no Gasol and no Bynum, those are our two best big men. I mean come on, we only had 8 players fit to play.

Where would the Suns be without Amare, Shaq and with Nash's pinky taped up? Let me tell you where they would not be, the playoffs.

YOUR just jealous that MY team is doing so well without it's best defender (Bynum), best offensive post player (Gasol), highest % shooter in the league (Bynum), second best peremeter defender (Ariza), backup center (Mihm) and offesnive 2nd and 3rd option (Gasol and Bynum). Do you see? The guys we are missing are big players for us.

.With Gasol, Bynum and Ariza back, it's not even going to be funny how better the Lakers are compared to the Suns.
man, you don't have to be a complete idiot to live in L.A ....proof up here ^^

Retired_Member_001
03-24-2008, 05:08 PM
man, you don't have to be a complete idiot to live in L.A ....proof up here ^^

What?

I'm merely stating the truth. I hate to make excuses but I've got a point, the Lakers are missing 3 key players at the moment.

Anyway you enjoy yourself whilst you can because if we meet in the playoffs (if the Suns don't get knocked out of the first round), this Laker team is alot different to the one you faced the last two years in the playoffs.

By the way, whenever I talk smack with you whether it be football or Basketball, all you ever say is "Your pathetic team". There's never any points or facts being thrown out there, it's just "your pathetic team". Just putting that out there.

Escobar
03-24-2008, 05:12 PM
What?

I'm merely stating the truth. I hate to make excuses but I've got a point, the Lakers are missing 3 key players at the moment.

Anyway you enjoy yourself whilst you can because if we meet in the playoffs (if the Suns don't get knocked out of the first round), this Laker team is alot different to the one you faced the last two years in the playoffs.

By the way, whenever I talk smack with you whether it be football or Basketball, all you ever say is "Your pathetic team". There's never any points or facts being thrown out there, it's just "your pathetic team". Just putting that out there.
watch your pathetic team lose again today :lol::lol::lol:

Retired_Member_001
03-24-2008, 05:18 PM
watch your pathetic team lose again today :lol::lol::lol:

And then I'll watch your pathetic team lose the Pacific Division, :lol:.

I think those damn Los Laker jerseys cursed us yesterday ;).

Escobar
03-24-2008, 05:21 PM
And then I'll watch your pathetic team lose the Pacific Division, :lol:.

I think those damn Los Laker jerseys cursed us yesterday ;).

We'll be ahead today, after we woop the pistons, golden state should handle you guys easy today.

Benetto
03-24-2008, 06:15 PM
Suns blow.....SHOW ME THE RINGS!!!

I'll show you 14 of them if you want Esco...Pfft, talking bout you beat us in the playoffs 2 years in a row...What came out of those 2 series wins, Homer?

broncosfanscott
03-24-2008, 08:12 PM

And with those players out we still managed to erase a 23 point defecit even though we still lost. We might have won that game if the Lakers didn't leave Stephen Jackson wide open for those two three pointers at the end.

They better get revenge tonight.

Suns blow.....SHOW ME THE RINGS!!!

I'll show you 14 of them if you want Esco...Pfft, talking bout you beat us in the playoffs 2 years in a row...What came out of those 2 series wins, Homer?

Checkmate! :D

Benetto
03-24-2008, 10:15 PM
We'll be ahead today, after we woop the pistons, golden state should handle you guys easy today.
Nice prediction, Homer...:coffee:

I bet the crow tastes bitter....Tell me, does it?

Retired_Member_001
03-25-2008, 04:05 AM
Hey Escobar, how does it feel?

Let me guess, probably like your are second best against an unhealthy team.

Rumor is Gasol is back for our next game.

Who wants to bet Escobar says "Pathetic team" in his reply?

Escobar
03-25-2008, 10:50 AM
god how i hope we play your pathetic team in the playoffs again...we got cheated out in detroit, but doesn't matter...we are still going to win the pacific and hopefully we play the fakers in the playoffs, god i ******* hope we do. knock the POS team off

MOtorboat
03-25-2008, 10:54 AM
:dancing::marchmellow:

Who wants to play San Antonio?

Escobar
03-25-2008, 11:06 AM
funny how the bandwagners show up after you guys win and phx loses, just make sure to show up when the lakers lose in the first round for the 3rd time

Escobar
03-25-2008, 11:07 AM
:dancing::marchmellow:

Who wants to play San Antonio?

i wouldn't mind........but i really wanna play the fakers......

Retired_Member_001
03-25-2008, 06:26 PM
god how i hope we play your pathetic team in the playoffs again...we got cheated out in detroit, but doesn't matter...we are still going to win the pacific and hopefully we play the fakers in the playoffs, god i ******* hope we do. knock the POS team off

Fisher
Bryant
Odom
Gasol
Bynum

would eat

Nash
Barbosa
Bell
Stoudinwhiner
Snaq O'Neal

for breakfast and still be hungry.

broncosfanscott
03-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Who wants to bet Escobar says "Pathetic team" in his reply?

Wookie, well that only took 7 hrs and 45 min.

Hey Escobar, bandwagon Laker fans here.......yeah whatever dude.

Benetto
03-26-2008, 12:11 PM
I guess the crow really does taste bitter. I can tell with your responses...You are tasting the crow now, but in the playoffs you will choke on it. :lol:

Escobar
03-26-2008, 03:16 PM
I guess the crow really does taste bitter. I can tell with your responses...You are tasting the crow now, but in the playoffs you will choke on it. :lol:

gee, the way you guys talk, yall act like you already won the championship......:lol::lol:

Just come back and eat mad crow when you guys lose in the playoffs...k ?

Benetto
03-26-2008, 04:36 PM
gee, the way you guys talk, yall act like you already won the championship......:lol::lol:

We did already win it...14 times...

What about them Suns?

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/Benetto00/flop11.jpg

Retired_Member_001
03-26-2008, 05:32 PM

I know championship is a big word for a Suns fan.

Are you sure you don't need a little rest now you said the C word?

Colorado4Life
04-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Suns Suck! Go Nuggets!

Escobar
04-04-2008, 12:40 PM
Suns Suck! Go Nuggets!

whose this clown? nuggets?? are you serious?

Colorado4Life
04-05-2008, 12:27 PM

Yes thats correct, Suns Suck Go Nuggets!

Colorado4Life
04-05-2008, 12:27 PM

Clown am I.

Denver Native (Carol)
04-30-2008, 08:50 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/jack_mccallum/04/30/suns.dantonio/index.html?eref=T1

D'Antoni's tenure in Phoenix over

SAN ANTONIO -- Mike D'Antoni, the NBA's Coach of the Year for the 2004-05 season and the man credited with reinvigorating fast-break basketball in a league gone stale, will not be back to coach the Phoenix Suns for the 2008-09 season, SI.com has learned.

D'Antoni deferred questions about his job status after the Suns were eliminated by the San Antonio Spurs in Game 5 of their Western Conference first-round playoff series on Wednesday night.

"I'm just really proud of my guys," D'Antoni said after the Spurs' 92-87 win that marked the third time in four years that San Antonio has ended the Suns' season.

D'Antoni did not address his own situation. But sources within the organization confirm that D'Antoni feels he does not have the backing of upper management --specifically owner Robert Sarver and general manager Steve Kerr -- and considers the situation irredeemable.

The Suns have long been one of the NBA's model franchises, and both D'Antoni and Kerr, for whatever differences they might have about the direction of the team, are respected around the league. It's hard to believe, then, that D'Antoni's situation would devolve into an ugly, protracted war, New York Knicks style.

How exactly the scenario unfolds depends largely on whether D'Antoni gets another job offer. The most palatable scenario for all in Phoenix would be this: Team A asks the Suns for permission to talk to D'Antoni, who has two years left on his contract; Suns say OK; D'Antoni interviews and is hired.

One landing spot for him would seem to be Chicago, where general manager John Paxson has not yet replaced Jim Boylan, who himself replaced Scott Skiles (now in charge in Milwaukee). The Bulls underachieved this season under both coaches but would seem to have the kind of offensive nucleus (Ben Gordon, Luol Deng, Kirk Hinrich, Andres Nocioni) with which D'Antoni could build.

One other possibility is New York, where new president Donnie Walsh is taking his time making a head-coaching decision despite speculation that the hiring of former point guard Mark Jackson is a done deal. There has also been whispers of D'Antoni's taking over in Toronto, where Sam Mitchell's coaching future is an ongoing discussion and where Bryan Colangelo, D'Antoni's former boss in Phoenix and still a close friend, is calling the shots. But Toronto doesn't seem as comfortable a fit for D'Antoni as Chicago or even New York. Don't look for that to happen.

As is the custom with all NBA teams, D'Antoni will meet soon with Sarver and Kerr, together or separately. Kerr said before Sunday's Game 4, which turned out to be the Suns' lone series win, that D'Antoni's departure was not a fait accompli as far as he is concerned. He would not comment on D'Antoni's status after Game 5. But a source said that Kerr would make a few demands in the postseason debriefing: that D'Antoni devote more practice time to defense; have more confidence in his bench players, i.e., go to an expanded rotation; develop a clearer plan for a point guard to back up Steve Nash; and get more planned touches out of Amaré Stoudemire in post-up situations.

D'Antoni, sources say, believes that the situation has been festering all season and that nothing would be accomplished in the meeting. Whatever the circumstances of his departure, it will probably be presented as as a rift between coach and GM, and to a large extent that's true. But when Colangelo left for Toronto, mostly because he and Sarver were doomed not to coexist harmoniously, D'Antoni lost his biggest booster in the front office, as well as a friend. It's what happens in the NBA and in all pro sports.

Over four full seasons D'Antoni racked up a 232-96 record, made the Western finals twice and changed the way that observers both in and out of the league thought about the game. Management might have some legitimate gripes about his defensive coaching, and remember that D'Antoni was a bigger booster of the trade for Shaquille O'Neal than Kerr was.

But Suns management now faces one extremely formidable challenge in l'affaire D'Antoni: finding someone better.

Retired_Member_001
04-30-2008, 09:37 AM
http://www.orbitcast.com/archives/phil-jackson.jpg

"You're Fired!

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/nba/img9430616.jpg

:laugh:

In all serious, I think the Suns will find a really good guy. I don't know who, but he will be a good coach. They won't settle for anything less.

D1g1tal j1m
04-30-2008, 10:38 AM
When the Suns (Kerr) made the move for Shaq it destroyed the chemistry of the team and completely changed the style of play that made them so successful the last few years. Instead of allowing Steve to run up the court and set up open shooters or dump to a trailing Marion he had to wait for the lumbering Shaq and then throw it into the post and then wait out by the 3 point line for the kickout from Shaq. The Suns tried to fix their defensive flaws with a washed up and aged Shaq and now will be saddled with his contract and moody attitude (now that they are flameouts in the 1st round).
D'Antoni is a good coach and has a fun offensive philosophy to watch. He needs to have a defensive mind as his assistant coach and a patient GM.

D1g1tal j1m
04-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Oh, and go Spurs go...

Retired_Member_001
04-30-2008, 11:14 AM
When the Suns (Kerr) made the move for Shaq it destroyed the chemistry of the team and completely changed the style of play that made them so successful the last few years. Instead of allowing Steve to run up the court and set up open shooters or dump to a trailing Marion he had to wait for the lumbering Shaq and then throw it into the post and then wait out by the 3 point line for the kickout from Shaq. The Suns tried to fix their defensive flaws with a washed up and aged Shaq and now will be saddled with his contract and moody attitude (now that they are flameouts in the 1st round).
D'Antoni is a good coach and has a fun offensive philosophy to watch. He needs to have a defensive mind as his assistant coach and a patient GM.

The Shaq trade was possibly set up to force Pringles guy to get the blame. Trade for the big contract, then blame it on the Head Coach when it goes wrong. A GM couldn't plan it more perfectlly.

Watch the Suns pull a Kwame (Trade a fat contract for a great player) in a couple of years. The Suns will be a lottery team next year though, mark my words.

D1g1tal j1m
04-30-2008, 11:24 AM
Even Shaq's horrible free throw shooting infected the rest of the team. How one man can change the shape of a franchise is amazing.

Retired_Member_001
04-30-2008, 11:32 AM
Even Shaq's horrible free throw shooting infected the rest of the team. How one man can change the shape of a franchise is amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgeFmmtFbnM

^ This is classic.

Astrass
04-30-2008, 12:57 PM
That coach was the only thing getting them to the play-offs every season.

This begins the temporary decline of the Suns. That's too bad though, it was fun to watch us match up against them. Suns will be nothing for the next couple years.

Next!