PDA

View Full Version : Dewayne Robertson in Denver for a physical.

WARHORSE
03-18-2008, 04:13 AM
Easy on Peppers.
Carolina defensive end Julius Peppers may have been at the Pepsi Center watching the Nuggets play Sunday, but it was De- wayne Robertson who was in town taking a physical last week. Unlike Robertson, Peppers isn't available for trade.
Carolina general manager Marty Hurney was adamant while telling The Charlotte Observer that speculation connecting Peppers' appearance in Denver to a Peppers trade to the Broncos is unfounded. Denver is trying to acquire Robertson, a defensive tackle, from the Jets. His troublesome knee is a hang-up, but he has missed only three games in five seasons, none since 2005.

fcspikeit
03-18-2008, 04:31 AM
Easy on Peppers.
Carolina defensive end Julius Peppers may have been at the Pepsi Center watching the Nuggets play Sunday, but it was De- wayne Robertson who was in town taking a physical last week. Unlike Robertson, Peppers isn't available for trade.
Carolina general manager Marty Hurney was adamant while telling The Charlotte Observer that speculation connecting Peppers' appearance in Denver to a Peppers trade to the Broncos is unfounded. Denver is trying to acquire Robertson, a defensive tackle, from the Jets. His troublesome knee is a hang-up, but he has missed only three games in five seasons, none since 2005.

Thanks for posting..:salute:

This is good news!! :elefant:

It first listed Robertson as a DE... Must have been a miss print..

Do you have the link? Not that I don't trust you but we have had a couple bogus stories as of late..

fcspikeit
03-18-2008, 04:48 AM
The best thing about this is that Mikey seems to be serious about fixing the DT position...

I still hope we draft Laws but I realise if we get Robertson that is probably not going to happen :tsk:

On the bright side, if Robertson fails the physical we will more then likely draft a DT high in the draft.. Either way it's good news in Broncos country.. :elefant:

Retired_Member_001
03-18-2008, 04:58 AM
Great news!

He is a massive upgrade over Alvin McKinley. Hopefully we get him wrapped up by the end of the day.

A link would be nice though.

fcspikeit
03-18-2008, 05:07 AM
Great news!

He is a massive upgrade over Alvin McKinley. Hopefully we get him wrapped up by the end of the day.

A link would be nice though.

Assuming he passes the Physical ;)

I really hope the Bungles were just using his knee as an excuse not to sign him.. I can imagine if he goes down in the first of the season with a knee injury... IMO 11 Mill is to much to pay for a guy with health concerns.

Like I said, hopefully the health concerns was all bunk... He hasn't shown any reason for concern his entire carrier, but still, its out there... He can't help us win games sitting on the bench.

BroncoBJ
03-18-2008, 05:23 AM
Heres the link:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8607921

And hopefully we get him. I want a DT Badly.
Hopefully his knees are fine as well.

Retired_Member_001
03-18-2008, 05:25 AM

I really hope the Bungles were just using his knee as an excuse not to sign him.. I can imagine if he goes down in the first of the season with a knee injury... IMO 11 Mill is to much to pay for a guy with health concerns.

Like I said, hopefully the health concerns was all bunk... He hasn't shown any reason for concern his entire carrier, but still, its out there... He can't help us win games sitting on the bench.

I reckon the that the Broncos are going to be very cautious (even Shanny) when it comes to signing bigger name players. For them to be looking at Robertson means he must be looking quite healthy.

Of course the Bungles were using the knee as an excuse. Maybe it was a little banged up but most probably not much. What else do you expect from such a classless organization? They're not exactly going to admit " We couldn't pull of a trade". They are obviously going to make an excuse.

Retired_Member_001
03-18-2008, 05:26 AM
Heres the link:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_8607921

And hopefully we get him. I want a DT Badly.
Hopefully his knees are fine as well.

Nice one!

:beer:

dogfish
03-18-2008, 05:48 AM
if his knees are completely healthy, this could work out exceptionally well-- if they're not, it has the pontial to be a huge cluster****. . . .

gah, i'm afraid! i want so badly for the DT position to be fixed, and beyond ellis and dorsey (a growing injury concern himself now), i have about NO confidence in the guys of this year's draft class. . . .

IMO, it's not worth taking a risk on. . . . we've been burned too many times. . . if the knee looks 100% healthy, then go for it, but if the medical staff finds ANYTHING to even potentially be alarmed about, let it go and spend those draft picks on some healthy guys-- 4th and 5th round picks have been quite good to denver. . . worse case scenario, i'd even wait 'til next year to fix the position before taking the risk of throwing away more picks and money/cap space on damaged goods. . . . if we do trade for him, i'll keep my fingers crossed that we're smart enough to protect ourselves by making it a conditional pick. . . . learn something from travis henry, shenanigans-- always be concerned about protection!

Requiem / The Dagda
03-18-2008, 07:52 AM
I don't know how bad his bone on bone condition is; but if we're just swapping mid-round picks and giving a conditional choice (based on performance) I'd say it's worth it. As the article has said, he hasn't missed any game since 2005; I don't see why it's such a big issue. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. It's a risk we'll have to take, IMHO -- more like need to take.

HolyDiver
03-18-2008, 07:59 AM

Sounds nice and all, but we just need to draft two DT's and be done with it..................Trevor Laws and Pat Sims.............Both would start over Thomas IMO...........I would be more interested in Roy Williams at this point................Trade for Williams and then draft atleast one good DT if not two, if possible, depending on what we would have to give up for Williams.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-18-2008, 08:02 AM
Drafting a defensive tackle or two is not a bad idea, but it's a position where you rarely get quality production in the first year because it's so hard for players to translate their college game to the NFL.

I like Laws; and Sims is okay - but those two guys will best serve as wave players their first year. They're not ready for starting roles, despite the lack of our depth. Heck, even Marcus Thomas as a starter is questionable. That's why getting Robertson and one of those guys is so paramount, because we need more than just Alvin McKinley as our "veteran" guy on the inside.

Give me Dewayne Robertson; and a couple of Day 2 picks on the line and I'm fine. I'm convinced we'll go OT in round one and WR in round two. If Denver gets Robertson; we're not going DT in the top two rounds. I think it'd be nice if we did; but I think it's a given that if we get D-R. . . that'd lessen the need a bit.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-18-2008, 08:42 AM
Thomas will be a stud. I think he'll end up being better than both Laws and Sims. Add the fact that Laws and Sims are both gonna be taken in the same area of the draft and that makes getting em both basically impossible.

I was basically gonna write what Dreram said..swaping #4s and sending a pick based on performance is awesome...as long as it's not a #1. I don't care how he plays. But if he helps solidify the middle of our DL, I'd gladly give up a #2 in 2009.

claymore
03-18-2008, 08:45 AM
I have no faith he is going to work out. I have supported all the other rejects and none have worked.

If I have a bad attitude about him maybe he will be a stud.

Davii
03-18-2008, 08:52 AM
Hopefully they do a better job looking at his knee than they did Simeon's shoulder.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-18-2008, 08:56 AM
I have no faith he is going to work out. I have supported all the other rejects and none have worked.

If I have a bad attitude about him maybe he will be a stud.

Tell me specifically what makes him a reject. What in his history tells you he won't work out?

BOSSHOGG30
03-18-2008, 09:01 AM
Thanks for posting..:salute:

This is good news!! :elefant:

It first listed Robertson as a DE... Must have been a miss print..

Do you have the link? Not that I don't trust you but we have had a couple bogus stories as of late..

Roberston would play DE if the Jets keep him.

lex
03-18-2008, 09:03 AM
Everyone wants to build through the draft and simultaneously improve right away. Good luck with that. DTs often dont work like that. Pinning all your hopes on the draft is going to extend the learning curve. I have reservations if its true about his knee but a part of me would just like to get a good DT that is in his prime and move on.

claymore
03-18-2008, 09:17 AM
Tell me specifically what makes him a reject. What in his history tells you he won't work out?Bad knees, team wants to trade a former 4th overall pick for nothing. And noone else is trying to get him.

Mainly knees though. We just havent had the luck in the past for this to work.

All in all Im trying to reverse Jinx myself.

ydave77
03-18-2008, 09:18 AM
I dont know...the fact that he was in town last wk for his physical...and we still havent gotten anything done makes it seem likely we cant come to terms with dewayne. I am sure the Jets would be more than happy to take just a4th for him at this point.
The bigger issue likely is that Dewayne wants the big contract...and wants to get into FA to get it. He probably knows that this is his last chance at a big contract, especially if he really does have a knee issue.
If we can say that he really is completely healthy I am all for it. But if he is damaged goods, we have been burned too many times. I am sick of it. The only way I trade for him if he does have any knee issues, is if we give up a 5th or less, and sign him to a contract thats less than 3 mill/yr (<---no chance he will accept that).

underrated29
03-18-2008, 09:19 AM
i dont care if both knees are bad and will give out in the next year or two. We nedd DT and we need it know. Pull the trigger. No 4th or 5th rdr will equal what he has got.

We just need somebody in the middle there to stuff the dam run. If he has to hoble around or just fall down i doesnt matter to me as long as it stops the olineman intheir tracks so our LBs can clean up. At the line of scrimmage that is, not clean up like they did last year 10 yards down the field.

:elefant: <-- robertson without knee problems.

atwater27
03-18-2008, 09:28 AM
Sounds nice and all, but we just need to draft two DT's and be done with it..................Trevor Laws and Pat Sims.............Both would start over Thomas IMO...........I would be more interested in Roy Williams at this point................Trade for Williams and then draft atleast one good DT if not two, if possible, depending on what we would have to give up for Williams.

Laws and Sims would be outstanding!

SmilinAssasSin27
03-18-2008, 09:33 AM
Bad knees, team wants to trade a former 4th overall pick for nothing. And noone else is trying to get him.

Mainly knees though. We just havent had the luck in the past for this to work.

All in all Im trying to reverse Jinx myself.

I think the idea of the performance based compensation is the key. Bone to bone condition or not, there is zero evidence that his perfromance, ability to play is effected by the "knee issue". There are also some who believe that Cincy simply used that to back out of the trade after they refused to pay the guy their fans wanted.

Bronco9798
03-18-2008, 09:47 AM
And with our luck, they will get him through the physical and he will blow his knee out this year. I just wish we would pass and move on here and use the draft. Here we go with another possible dead money deal in the future that hurts us down the road. Save the big dollars this year and go after someone with less injury problems next year and let this one ride.

Bronco9798
03-18-2008, 09:48 AM
For all you Peppers junkies, tried telling you he wasn't here to see the Broncos. So the guy was in town, big deal.

atwater27
03-18-2008, 09:49 AM
As much as I want an impact DT, I certainly don't want anyone with a degenerative knee. I trust Denver will figure out what the quality of his knee is. I am not optimistic about it though. I don't think Robertson will end up being a Bronco.

HolyDiver
03-18-2008, 10:00 AM
For all you Peppers junkies, tried telling you he wasn't here to see the Broncos. So the guy was in town, big deal.

I do not recall you trying to tell us that..............Are you sure you didn't dream it?

Bronco9798
03-18-2008, 10:11 AM
I do not recall you trying to tell us that..............Are you sure you didn't dream it?

Here,,start reading:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11620

mclark
03-18-2008, 10:19 AM
The best thing about this is that Mikey seems to be serious about fixing the DT position...

I still hope we draft Laws but I realise if we get Robertson that is probably not going to happen :tsk:

On the bright side, if Robertson fails the physical we will more then likely draft a DT high in the draft.. Either way it's good news in Broncos country.. :elefant:

With our DT depth, we need 2 players there, not 1. If we get Robertson, we might also get Laws.

HolyDiver
03-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Here,,start reading:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11620

You better re-read your quote there buddy boy.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11620&page=4

Rick
03-18-2008, 11:02 AM
Thomas should be improved this season after playing his first year, and with Robertson, Thomas, Doom, Moss, Crowder all rushing the QB this should make our pass D much better.

With Robertson and Thomas's speed we should be able to get to the RB quicker as well. I realize the philosophy for a DT against the run is a bit hold up the blockers for the LBers but I believe more in the approach of the faster you can get to the RB the faster he goes down...

Then we have Boss who is an upgrade at SLB, and Williams a major upgrade at WLB. ? is Niko on whtehr we will be downgraded to much at MLB but to me if he can just play solid there we will be fine, DJ will get his big numbers. I just don't want Niko to be someone who should have never left ST for a starting roll.

WARHORSE
03-18-2008, 11:48 AM
If we do give up a conditional pick, it wont be very high. They already had a deal in place for a fourth and fifth I believe.

It means Denver is trying to hold onto their picks this year. If anything, perhaps its a fourth this year, and if he does well, a fourth next year.

shank
03-18-2008, 12:02 PM
If we do give up a conditional pick, it wont be very high. They already had a deal in place for a fourth and fifth I believe.

It means Denver is trying to hold onto their picks this year. If anything, perhaps its a fourth this year, and if he does well, a fourth next year.

a rumor yesterday said that we'd potentially be swapping 4ths this year, with robertson coming here and a conditional pick in 09 going to the jets.

if we swap, it raises the potential of the conditional pick. add to that that future picks are worth less, and i could see it being as high as a 2nd rounder in 09 if he plays well and stays healthy. and if that happens, i wouldn't complain... i would hope for a conditional 09 3rd at the most because of how much trouble they've had unloading his contract though... wood-knock.

underrated29
03-18-2008, 12:38 PM
does anyone have any speculation as to when the deal might be done, if we like his knee?

turftoad
03-18-2008, 12:40 PM
does anyone have any speculation as to when the deal might be done, if we like his knee?

If his knee looks good, their probably trying to work out contract details. So who knows.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-18-2008, 12:40 PM
I think Denver swapping in round four #104 to #110 (or #109 via the Saints) and a possible swap in round five #130 to their conditional pick (either from Washington or Minnesota) would be the deals this year; and at the very most as high as a third (conditional) in 2009.

Usually the third round is the end of the line for "conditional selections" -- but we'll see.

Those two swaps, and probably a conditional that can go up to a third (if he reaches certain playing time requirements, stays healthy, etc.) in 2009. That's my guess.

Drill-N-Fill
03-18-2008, 12:41 PM
a rumor yesterday said that we'd potentially be swapping 4ths this year, with robertson coming here and a conditional pick in 09 going to the jets.

if we swap, it raises the potential of the conditional pick. add to that that future picks are worth less, and i could see it being as high as a 2nd rounder in 09 if he plays well and stays healthy. and if that happens, i wouldn't complain... i would hope for a conditional 09 3rd at the most because of how much trouble they've had unloading his contract though... wood-knock.

I don't think it will be a swap of 4ths. Thats only like 6 picks apart (I think). Its more going to be giving up a 4th and getting their 5th or 6th.

I think the highest 2009 will be a 3rd. That will be better than what they got from the Bungles.

Stargazer
03-18-2008, 01:05 PM
Yes! bring damage goods to Denver!:beer:

WARHORSE
03-18-2008, 01:36 PM

Perhaps, you may be correct, but in that scenario a third would be the most imo. I cant see them asking for a fourth and fifth from Cincy, and then asking for a second from us on a conditional. I would think it would be a third if the only other thing we got was a swap of fourths.

Speculation on my part.

lex
03-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Perhaps, you may be correct, but in that scenario a third would be the most imo. I cant see them asking for a fourth and fifth from Cincy, and then asking for a second from us on a conditional. I would think it would be a third if the only other thing we got was a swap of fourths.

Speculation on my part.

Maybe we're moving up in the 2nd?

WARHORSE
03-18-2008, 02:08 PM
I will add this to the mix though: I think if we get Robertson, and Mendenhall is there at 12 and we have to pick, thats our pick.

There are way too many OTs in this draft to take another at 12 with Harris sitting on our roster already, and theres no LB that warrants a selection there. There will be some very good tackles in round two if thats somewhere that Denver wants to add some meat. Even Brandon Albert may be an option.

Denver may also consider trading down in the second round.

Picking up a WR will happen, and I would think in the latter rounds that Denver may spend multiple picks on that position. Probably a little gun shy on taking a WR in the first.

NameUsedBefore
03-18-2008, 02:09 PM
I honestly have no idea who Dewayne Robertson is but apparently he's injured or has bad knees which is a scratchy song I've heard a little too often...

Requiem / The Dagda
03-18-2008, 02:13 PM
Offensive tackle is going to be our first round pick. Who is the question.

shank
03-18-2008, 02:14 PM
I honestly have no idea who Dewayne Robertson is but apparently he's injured or has bad knees which is a scratchy song I've heard a little too often...

he has missed 3 games in 5 years.

WARHORSE
03-18-2008, 02:15 PM
Offensive tackle is going to be our first round pick. Who is the question.

You may be right Dream.

Especially if Clady is there.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-18-2008, 02:18 PM
You may be right Dream.

Since I knew Mike Klis of the post was a big fan of DeSean Jackson; I sent him the link to my article; he read - gave me his thoughts and then shared some draft information with me. It's not really surprising, because I had heard it before Lepsis retired that we were scouting OT's really hard -- but he believes it's pretty much a virtual lock we take an offensive tackle; unless there's someway we trade down into the middle of the first round (say with Dallas) and get more selections. (He noted that minds do change in Dove Valley, but that seems like the plan for now.)

He said then, and only then - would the possibility of a DeSean Jackson become a reality. Basically, it was stated the Broncos like Jackson; but his lack of size is just too concerning to pick him at #12; despite his amazing ability.

It just really seems like the Broncos want to trade out of that pick; I'm not sure how high they value Williams after Clady; but I don't know if it's high enough to pick him at 12. We'll see though.

I just thought I'd share that. Klis is a real nice guy.

Of course, Mike could be wrong -- but nonetheless, always interesting.

(It almost makes too much sense to pick an OT; considering our lack of depth and how we haven't really pursued anyone to fill the void this off-season, besides Green and Kwame; who are now Raiders.)

Bronco9798
03-18-2008, 02:22 PM
I hope Clady falls to 12 and we take him. If not, I would love to see us trade down and get some more picks.

shank
03-18-2008, 02:23 PM
You may be right Dream.

if clady is gone we have to reach for someone...

WR, RB, or OT.

none of the three would be a HUGE reach, but we could "easily" trade back a few spots and get kelly/sweed, stewart/mendenhall, or chris williams a couple spots later... if at all possible, i'd like us to try and do that, if not, i'd be happy with RB or chris williams.

Buff
03-18-2008, 02:25 PM
I agree that Clady is our ideal pick at #12, he's a great fit for the zone blocking scheme, and has the frame to plug him in at LT for the next decade. Though, I'm also wondering how highly we value Williams after Clady. Same goes for Otah-- is he on our radar? He doesn't seem to fit the mold of a zone blocker, but is a huge mauler nonetheless.

Either way, I expect us to target OL like we did with CB 3 years ago and DE last year.

BOSSHOGG30
03-18-2008, 02:30 PM
ESPN Insider:

Trade talks between the Broncos and Jets continue for Robertson, but don't expect something to happen soon, writes John Clayton.
It would require a late draft choice to get the deal done with the Jets, but the Broncos would have to work out a new contract for Robertson before the trade happens. As of Monday, things were growing more apart than together.

The Jets are trying to deal Robertson, who carries an $11.2 million cap number and is a poor fit for their 3-4 scheme.

Robertson is scheduled to make $9.8 million in 2008 and is signed through 2009. The 26-year-old defensive tackle produced only 14.5 sacks in five seasons, but many scouts and personnel people believe Robertson could thrive in the right 4-3 system.

Bronco9798
OT is the one of the strengths of the draft. I think it would be foolish to go away from that and take another position at #12. If you have to drop back, then find somebody that wants to move up and get the hell out and don't make a reach with a best available athlete thing.

Requiem / The Dagda
I agree that Clady is our ideal pick at #12, he's a great fit for the zone blocking scheme, and has the frame to plug him in at LT for the next decade. Though, I'm also wondering how highly we value Williams after Clady. Same goes for Otah-- is he on our radar? He doesn't seem to fit the mold of a zone blocker, but is a huge mauler nonetheless.

Either way, I expect us to target OL like we did with CB 3 years ago and DE last year.

For some reason, I just have this gut instinct that Denver wants to give Harris a chance at LT before they throw him underneath the rug. It's quite possible that a trade down could put Otah or Cherilus on or radar -- who would make good right tackles in our scheme. Harris is a natural LT and we know that Pears sucks at RT. I just don't see how we take another LT early on. . . unless the Broncos feel comfortable in one of the three playing right tackle. . . *sigh* I just don't know. . .

Bronco9798
03-18-2008, 02:31 PM
ESPN Insider:

Trade talks between the Broncos and Jets continue for Robertson, but don't expect something to happen soon, writes John Clayton.
It would require a late draft choice to get the deal done with the Jets, but the Broncos would have to work out a new contract for Robertson before the trade happens. As of Monday, things were growing more apart than together.

The Jets are trying to deal Robertson, who carries an $11.2 million cap number and is a poor fit for their 3-4 scheme.

Robertson is scheduled to make $9.8 million in 2008 and is signed through 2009. The 26-year-old defensive tackle produced only 14.5 sacks in five seasons, but many scouts and personnel people believe Robertson could thrive in the right 4-3 system.

Good, I hope it all falls through. I just don't personally like this move if it were to happen. Just my thought.

Bronco9798
03-18-2008, 02:32 PM
For some reason, I just have this gut instinct that Denver wants to give Harris a chance at LT before they throw him underneath the rug. It's quite possible that a trade down could put Otah or Cherilus on or radar -- who would make good right tackles in our scheme. Harris is a natural LT and we know that Pears sucks at RT. I just don't see how we take another LT early on. . . unless the Broncos feel comfortable in one of the three playing right tackle. . . *sigh* I just don't know. . .

I'd draft Clady and move Harris to RT.

BOSSHOGG30
03-18-2008, 02:35 PM
I'd draft Clady and move Harris to RT.

What if Clady and Jake Long are already off the board before we pick at 12? Then what? do you reach for Chris Williams or Jeff Otah?

Bronco9798
03-18-2008, 02:39 PM
What if Clady and Jake Long are already off the board before we pick at 12? Then what? do you reach for Chris Williams or Jeff Otah?

If Clady isn't available, I work the phones and get someone who wants that spot and move back. You need to look at the teams behind us and see what their needs are. Most teams have a good idea, not always, but almost. If you think one of the other two will fall back and you can grab them later, then save some huge money and get them at a better value. I just think Clady would work well in Denver in our system.

underrated29
03-18-2008, 02:51 PM
I just am not so sure we are going to take 1 at 12- i think they are going to do everything they can to move down to atleast 15. I think seattle would move up to ensure they get stewart, but with his surgery now, he might just fall to them...

If we cant trade back i say we take stewart, or if somehow D.T. makes it past buffalo, or otah if there.

BOSSHOGG30
03-18-2008, 02:52 PM
If Clady isn't available, I work the phones and get someone who wants that spot and move back. You need to look at the teams behind us and see what their needs are. Most teams have a good idea, not always, but almost. If you think one of the other two will fall back and you can grab them later, then save some huge money and get them at a better value. I just think Clady would work well in Denver in our system.

i hope Denver is thinking on the same lines as you. I also hope Clady is off the board before we pick. We would be much better off trading back.

shank
03-18-2008, 02:54 PM
i hope Denver is thinking on the same lines as you. I also hope Clady is off the board before we pick. We would be much better off trading back.

i agreee 110%. if you gave me a choice between clady at 12, or being able to trade back, get a 3rd, and get chris williams, it's a no-brainer to me.

NameUsedBefore
03-18-2008, 02:56 PM
he has missed 3 games in 5 years.

Yes, but many players were "Iron Men" for the longest of times before they fell apart into the kind who just kept getting injured over and over again. It has to start somewhere; I'm just hoping the Broncos do their research on this to make sure Robertson checks out completely.

dogfish
03-18-2008, 02:58 PM
*laughs*

here everyone sits, thinking they've got shenanigans figured out. . . . haven't you all learned?

Bronco9798
03-18-2008, 03:00 PM
*laughs*

here everyone sits, thinking they've got shenanigans figured out. . . . haven't you all learned?

Nobody can figure out Shanny during the draft. He'll totally baffle us again this year. He never does what we think.

shank
03-18-2008, 03:01 PM
we're going to saturation draft kickers and long snappers.

HolyDiver
03-18-2008, 03:03 PM
Nobody can figure out Shanny during the draft. He'll totally baffle us again this year. He never does what we think.

Moss was pretty predictable though.

Bronco9798
03-18-2008, 03:04 PM

True, one of a few.

BOSSHOGG30
03-18-2008, 03:06 PM

Yeah, but who thought he would trade up like that to grab him?

Buff
03-18-2008, 03:17 PM
The bottom line is that we have to find someone who can come in and contribute this year at DT... That's the one thing I like about Robertson, but then again, he's way overpaid, so who has the leverage? How much will the Jets be on the hook for if he's cut? Can Robertson just take a hard line to try and get paid?

HolyDiver
03-18-2008, 03:19 PM

I really wanted Spencer................But, I think Moss will be good.

BOSSHOGG30
03-18-2008, 03:21 PM
I really wanted Spencer................But, I think Moss will be good.

I didn't care which guy we got, I felt they were about the same as far as talent goes. I also though both were 3-4 type athletes. I figured if Moss went before we picked we would be ok with Spencer and if Spencer went first we would be ok with Moss. I didn't think we need to trade up like we did... what a waste of picks.

topscribe
03-18-2008, 03:21 PM

Well, the jury is still out on Moss, of course. It's funny how an injury tends to
diminish a player's value in the minds of many, but he is still the same guy
they thought so much of last year about this time.

Nonetheless, ever since they took Cutler, I have had a little more faith in their
trading up if they see an opportunity or necessity.

Having said that, I personally would like to see them perhaps trade down.

But what do I know? :confused:

-----

nevcraw
03-18-2008, 03:25 PM
Robertson trade unraveling?
Dewayne Robertson | Jets | Interested: Broncos?

Requiem / The Dagda
03-18-2008, 03:28 PM
People were pissed off about trading up for Moss because he was a walking injury at Florida. He proved it again in his first season in the NFL.

topscribe
03-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Robertson trade unraveling?
Dewayne Robertson | Jets | Interested: Broncos?

Thank you for that.

I don't know . . . I would like to have Roberston, but if he wants that kind
of money, I'm thinking let somebody else pay it . . .

-----

topscribe
03-18-2008, 03:40 PM
People were pissed off about trading up for Moss because he was a walking injury at Florida. He proved it again in his first season in the NFL.

To tell the truth, I wasn't crazy about it myself at the time. I'm just hoping he
now gets a fresh start and lives up to his substantial upside.

Actually, I was more excited about Thomas than I was Moss (still am if he can
behave himself). I am more appreciative of Crowder's selection, too. But Moss
still has considerable potential. *crosses fingers*

-----

turftoad
03-18-2008, 03:45 PM
Thank you for that.

I don't know . . . I would like to have Roberston, but if he want's that kind
of money, I'm thinking let somebody else pay it . . .

-----

Exactly. It sounds like Robertson (or his agent) is the problem here not the Jets or the Broncos.

I would love to have him. He's good and fills a big hole. If he doesn't restructure, he'll wait it out, get cut and some team will sign him to a big $ contract.
That being said, if we do trade and sign him, it's not going to be cheap but not as much as he's owed on his present contract..

powderaddict
03-18-2008, 04:15 PM
To tell the truth, I wasn't crazy about it myself at the time. I'm just hoping he
now gets a fresh start and lives up to his substantial upside.

Actually, I was more excited about Thomas than I was Moss (still am if he can
behave himself). I am more appreciative of Crowder's selection, too. But Moss
still has considerable potential. *crosses fingers*

-----

I though Moss was coming along pretty well before his unfortunate injury.

His numbers don't tell the story, but he was all over the place, and getting good pressure (I thought he was a highlight of the Indy game).

I'm not going to expect too much from Moss, I just hope he reaches his potential!!

Bronco9798
03-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Moss is still an undersized project who lost valuable playing time last year. I don't think he's going to be special, but he can contribute and hopefully play good at times.

underrated29
03-18-2008, 05:04 PM
moss is only undersized because he had the plague or whatever it was, and he lost a shit ton of weight. The dude has a solid frame to build on, he just needs to get back what he lost- No one can control getting a staph infection.

I really think he will be a good player, good to great. Once his strength is back he is money. Him, doom and crowder should be a pretty deadly lineup of guys to rush the ends.

mclark
03-18-2008, 05:30 PM
I think Bate's defense last year had everyone thinking too much, and not reacting with a lot of aggressiveness. I hope we'll see more attacking this year. I have hopes that Moss will be effective when he gets a little more experience. It takes some guys a year or two. Rookies often are like freshmen in college again. If they aren't domingating by year 3 and 4, it probably isn't going to happen.

Lonestar
03-18-2008, 06:03 PM
moss is only undersized because he had the plague or whatever it was, and he lost a shit ton of weight. The dude has a solid frame to build on, he just needs to get back what he lost- No one can control getting a staph infection.

I really think he will be a good player, good to great. Once his strength is back he is money. Him, doom and crowder should be a pretty deadly lineup of guys to rush the ends.

His staff was infected ;) .. so much for high character guys..

pipes
03-18-2008, 06:53 PM
His staff was infected ;) .. so much for high character guys..

Eww....I heard Mike Vick has that problem too. (Ron Mexico) ;)

TXBRONC
03-18-2008, 08:35 PM
I don't know how bad his bone on bone condition is; but if we're just swapping mid-round picks and giving a conditional choice (based on performance) I'd say it's worth it. As the article has said, he hasn't missed any game since 2005; I don't see why it's such a big issue. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. It's a risk we'll have to take, IMHO -- more like need to take.

Bone on bone is bad anyway you look it. However what it comes down too is his threshold of pain and how much flexibility he has even with that condition.

turftoad
03-18-2008, 10:15 PM
Bone on bone is bad anyway you look it. However what it comes down too is his threshold of pain and how much flexibility he has even with that condition.

At this point we don't even know if it's a bone on bone condition. It's all speculation.
Guess we'll find out soon.

The Broncos had him in last week. If it was a bad condition we'd be out of the hunt.

Time will tell.

TXBRONC
03-18-2008, 11:03 PM
At this point we don't even know if it's a bone on bone condition. It's all speculation.
Guess we'll find out soon.

The Broncos had him in last week. If it was a bad condition we'd be out of the hunt.

Time will tell.

That's very true at this point we don't if that is actual condition of Robertson's knee.

BOSSHOGG30
03-20-2008, 08:06 AM
Trade talks between the Broncos and Jets involving DL Dewayne Robertson are beginning to "peter out," according to Newsday.

Robertson failed his physical and Denver is strapped for cash. The team released eight operations staff members on Wednesday, including web site editor Andrew Mason, who did an excellent job. Robertson would also require a new contract if he was acquired. He may now be cut this summer.
Source: Newsday

Superchop 7
03-20-2008, 09:12 AM
Hey Pat,

Leave the bank account alone !!

We will be fine, just draft smart.

fcspikeit
03-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Trade talks between the Broncos and Jets involving DL Dewayne Robertson are beginning to "peter out," according to Newsday.

Robertson failed his physical and Denver is strapped for cash. The team released eight operations staff members on Wednesday, including web site editor Andrew Mason, who did an excellent job. Robertson would also require a new contract if he was acquired. He may now be cut this summer.
Source: Newsday

I guess the Bungles weren't lying about his knee... That is unless we feel the Broncos are now lying?

If he failed the physical why the hell are they still talking about him having to restructure his contract? IMO, There is no point in spending the money on someone who has a 50% chance of watching the game from the sideline..

Stargazer
03-20-2008, 12:54 PM
Now the Broncos will not send a draft pick to NY since he failed his physical. Atleast I hope.

underrated29
03-20-2008, 01:01 PM
how do i create a thread???????????????

LOL!! :lol: :laugh:

what do you want it to be about?

underrated29
03-20-2008, 01:06 PM
hot woman pics

Oh, ok. No problem- you sure found a funny place to ask where though.

Easy tiger dont get too crazy horndong.

First, make sure you have some hot woman pics. Once done decide weather they are revealing in a very nice, but somehwat sensative manner. If they are proceed to the lounge and look for dogfishs "got booty" thread.

If not and its just fully clothed pretty girls, put it in.....well chances are someone will add something that needs to go into the lounge.

So THE LOUNGE...be sure to be 18.

PS- dont hijak threads- PM someone if you got wuestions, like a mod.

turftoad
03-20-2008, 01:08 PM
its sexy

:focus:

Do you really need post in 5 different threads about how to start a "hot chicks" thread?

If you must, post in the "Head lights" thread.

dogfish
03-20-2008, 03:42 PM
If they are proceed to the lounge and look for dogfishs "got booty" thread.

the "got booty?" thread is specifically for pics of girls with sexy asses. . . . ;)

too bad about robertson-- he was pretty much the last veteran option out there. . . not that i'm not in favor of filling holes through the draft, but personally i think this year's DT class blows. . . sure, there's some depth, but so many question marks after the top three or four guys. . .

underrated29
03-20-2008, 03:49 PM
the "got booty?" thread is specifically for pics of girls with sexy asses. . . . ;)

too bad about robertson-- he was pretty much the last veteran option out there. . . not that i'm not in favor of filling holes through the draft, but personally i think this year's DT class blows. . . sure, there's some depth, but so many question marks after the top three or four guys. . .

well this guy...kid i think.... said they are sexy.....

seriously though, i am kinda glad he failed. I think that we are calling a bluff, we need DT help like no other, and even knee problems are better than what we have now.

I think we said no he failed, knowing they will release him in june or before. So we can pay him less, keep our picks, and hopefully two failed physicals will scare any other suiters off.

I think CR's conspiracy theories are wearing off on me a little.

WARHORSE
03-20-2008, 04:30 PM
I wouldnt put a whole lot in the fact that Denver said he failed the physical.

Money is probably a bigger issue.

Lonestar
03-20-2008, 04:33 PM
I wouldnt put a whole lot in the fact that Denver said he failed the physical.

Money is probably a bigger issue.

I think there could be legal issues, if a team was to lie about a medical issue.. That is something that could scare other teams off and cut into his income, I think they'd keep this area pretty tight..

If it were just money easier to just say they could not come to terms..

dogfish
03-20-2008, 04:35 PM
I think there could be legal issues, if a team was to lie about a medical issue.. That is something that could scare other teams off and cut into his income, I think they'd keep this area pretty tight..

two teams have passed on him because of the knee. . . . what we have here is something that walks like a duck and quacks like a duck-- do you think it's an otter?

Requiem / The Dagda
03-20-2008, 04:36 PM
There are plenty of defensive tackle options available in this draft. You guys just have to come up with the idea of the skill set this team needs and find the players who fit it. There's plenty. It's not rocket science.

Lonestar
03-20-2008, 04:37 PM
two teams have passed on him because of the knee. . . . what we have here is something that walks like a duck and quacks like a duck-- do you think it's an otter?3

No man its a dogfish!!!!!!!

WARHORSE
03-20-2008, 05:01 PM

I think when it comes to the injury list, thats true. But in medical evaluation, it comes down to the opinion of the physician and the criteria of the Broncos.

There are some players where one team will fail a guy and another pass him.

WARHORSE
03-20-2008, 05:03 PM
There are plenty of defensive tackle options available in this draft. You guys just have to come up with the idea of the skill set this team needs and find the players who fit it. There's plenty. It's not rocket science.

Right. We draft to our specific needs and the options become more readily visible, and the choices narrowed.

Dont draft on ability, but on ability that will specifically help you do what youre trying to do.

Lonestar
03-20-2008, 05:18 PM
I think when it comes to the injury list, thats true. But in medical evaluation, it comes down to the opinion of the physician and the criteria of the Broncos.

There are some players where one team will fail a guy and another pass him.

Your correct but to say he failed your Medical tests if he was marginally OK could lay the team open for a lawsuit..

Your correct about some teams having lesser standards or perhaps lesser qualified Doctors..

I still think they would not have commented on it unless is was pretty significant..

Mikey does not seem to have an issue cutting people over money or ideas..

Hoshdude7
03-20-2008, 06:12 PM
two teams have passed on him because of the knee. . . . what we have here is something that walks like a duck and quacks like a duck-- do you think it's an otter?

Otters eat clams.

lex
03-20-2008, 06:16 PM

The bone on bone problem might be one where he can play with it as long as he can tolerate the pain...but who knows how long that will be. And this makes spending money on him very tricky. He's not worth 11 mil and he might not even be worth 5 mil given the risk. Whatever the affliction is, even though he may be able to play, its apparently serious enough to heavily scrutinize pouring money into this guy.

Lonestar
03-20-2008, 06:20 PM
The bone on bone problem might be one where he can play with it as long as he can tolerate the pain...but who knows how long that will be. And this makes spending money on him very tricky. He's not worth 11 mil and he might not even be worth 5 mil given the risk.

I agree we have had way to many FA we have spent a ton of money on and came in hurt or mentally crippled and played very little for us..

I'm not willing to spend good money on a Maybe..

Not anymore we have had millions each year in dead cap space for almost ever..

Time to turn that around..

turftoad
03-20-2008, 06:24 PM
I agree we have had way to many FA we have spent a ton of money on and came in hurt or mentally crippled and played very little for us..

I'm not willing to spend good money on a Maybe..

Not anymore we have had millions each year in dead cap space for almost ever..

Time to turn that around..

I agree. With all this being said, his price has got to be going down. Both trade value and contract wise.

If we could sign him for a two year deal at a decent price, I'd still be interested. Hopefully he could still play effectively for two years.

The guy has played very well and has not missed a game in what, 2 or 3 years?

TXBRONC
03-20-2008, 06:27 PM
Now the Broncos will not send a draft pick to NY since he failed his physical. Atleast I hope.

Star I guess I'm missing something here? Why would we still send a draft pick to the Jets if a trade for Roberston falls apart?

Stargazer
03-21-2008, 03:05 AM
Star I guess I'm missing something here? Why would we still send a draft pick to the Jets if a trade for Roberston falls apart?

No. I am happy Denver is not going to ship a selection to NY for Robertson.

TXBRONC
03-21-2008, 09:01 AM
No. I am happy Denver is not going to ship a selection to NY for Robertson.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :beer: