PDA

View Full Version : Lions/Broncos - Williams talks heating up

bmarsh15
03-17-2008, 09:32 PM
What do you guys think?

Lions/Broncos - Williams talks heating up
Roy Williams | Lions
The Lions claimed they had no plans to trade Williams, and are looking forward to seeing Williams and second-year wideout Calvin Johnson fulfill their potential as an elite pass-catching duo.
"The latest has the Broncos targeting Williams aggressively," Lions are still stating they have no interst in dealing the veteran wide-out. Denver would be willing to part with CB Dominique Foxworth, their 2nd round pick in this years draft and a 5th in next years draft. Talks are heating up between the two sides, says a close source.

Discuss

NameUsedBefore
03-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Would be crazy.

And unexpected.

And pretty awesome...

silkamilkamonico
03-17-2008, 09:39 PM
Foxworth, a second, and a 5th?

No thanks.

Williams is good value, but we already have a #1, we don't need to sign a #2 WR to a mega deal, and I'm tired of Denver parting away with draft picks like the red sea.

Then again, I hear Denver wants a third round pick this year, so maybe that means they're looking to trade away next year's second and 4th.

TXBRONC
03-17-2008, 09:44 PM
Would be crazy.

And unexpected.

And pretty awesome...

He's the home town hero here in Odessa but I don't know if I like the idea of parting with that many picks.

Simple Jaded
03-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Bring it!......

TXBRONC
03-17-2008, 09:47 PM
What do you guys think?

Lions/Broncos - Williams talks heating up
Roy Williams | Lions
The Lions claimed they had no plans to trade Williams, and are looking forward to seeing Williams and second-year wideout Calvin Johnson fulfill their potential as an elite pass-catching duo.
"The latest has the Broncos targeting Williams aggressively," Lions are still stating they have no interst in dealing the veteran wide-out. Denver would be willing to part with CB Dominique Foxworth, their 2nd round pick in this years draft and a 5th in next years draft. Talks are heating up between the two sides, says a close source.

Discuss

Hey BMarsh were did you get this little tidbit?

dogfish
03-17-2008, 09:49 PM
well that kinda sucks. . . .

Drill-N-Fill
03-17-2008, 09:49 PM
Where do I sign...:elefant:

SmilinAssasSin27
03-17-2008, 09:58 PM
In a heartbeat.

Let's break this down shall we?

Foxxy---gone regardless. The talks of a new deal were bogus. He won't be here in 2009.

A 2nd round pick---any WRs you'd rather have in the second round?

A 5th round pick---who cares? It's not a first day selection and this year we have a plethora of late pix which likely means a 5th next year is expendable.

Dude can ball. BMarsh, Roy, Scheff, Graham, Stokley? seriously? Whoever says no should be tested.

turftoad
03-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Now that right there would be a no brainer. I'd like to read it myself though considering the source.

underrated29
03-17-2008, 10:01 PM
thats a hell of a lot, if its that much i want a 3rd and williams. OR swap 1sts or something- i know i drive a hard bargain, but its shanny and they are the lions.

I dont see that happening- it better not........in reality it looks more like just a 2nd and a 5th (as most assume foxworth will be gone next year). But he could sure help this year. So i think fox,2nd,5ht for roy and 3rd.

eh i am not the best at that, but i dont like it. IF it happened yeah, but right now nah.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-17-2008, 10:11 PM
I don't care if Foxxy can help in 08 if he's not part of the plan in 09 and beyond. We're not winning the SB in 08 and Paymah needs to see the field....DO IT!

topscribe
03-17-2008, 10:11 PM
I don't like it at all. Foxworth and a 5th? Maybe. A 2nd? Ummm . . . well . . .
maybe. But Foxworth, a 2nd, and a 5th?

I hope they're kidding . . .

-----

dogfish
03-17-2008, 10:15 PM
A 2nd round pick---any WRs you'd rather have in the second round?

yea. . . don't know who'll be there for sure, of course, but i'm thinking gosder cherilus, sam baker, anthony collins, carl nicks, trevor laws, pat simms, jamaal charles, jerod mayo, curtis lofton, reggie smith. . . .

oh wait. . . . :lol:

Drill-N-Fill
03-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Does no1 watch football anymore? We are talking about Williams who is a very good WR playing in a very mediocre team with a below average starting QB.

This guy is a very good WR.

turftoad
03-17-2008, 10:20 PM
I don't like it at all. Foxworth and a 5th? Maybe. A 2nd? Ummm . . . well . . .
maybe. But Foxworth, a 2nd, and a 5th?

I hope they're kidding . . .

-----

Williams on a decent team is a top 5 WR. The rumors are well worth it. Plus the guy is very young.

Simple Jaded
03-17-2008, 10:25 PM
Maybe some people are overrating Foxworth, he's not going to get the Broncos a 3rd round value, I think that's obvious at this point.

So the proposed trade isn't a No2 a No3 and a No5 next year, I think Foxworth's value is much lower than a 3rd round pick.

It's much closer to a No2 and two No5's, imo......

Scarface
03-17-2008, 10:28 PM
Do it.

B-Marsh, Roy Williams, and Scheff with Cutler throwing them the ball would be an unstoppable force for years to come.

turftoad
03-17-2008, 10:34 PM
Or........... maybe we should settle for friggen Colbert instead. Gimme a break you guys.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-17-2008, 10:37 PM
This has already been debunked as false and written up by Shanahanaramajam on Broncomania.

mopatt24
03-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Maybe their thinking about trading out of the first round come draft time. I dont know the draft chart, but what would it take to for a team to trade for our first rounder?

If their is some sort of plan to get back in the second and third round, im all for it.

Where's the link for this anyway?

topscribe
03-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Williams on a decent team is a top 5 WR. The rumors are well worth it. Plus the guy is very young.

If he cannot play defensive tackle, I'm not interested.

Not until the LOS is shored up, then maybe the skill positions.

The Broncos had a WR with 100 catches. Were they in the playoffs?

-----

dogfish
03-17-2008, 10:44 PM
This has already been debunked as false and written up by Shanahanaramajam on Broncomania.

hah! fo real. . . ?

:lol:

Stand Ablaze
03-17-2008, 10:51 PM
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2008/03/rod_marinelli_i_know_the_type.html

Releasing Jones meant giving up on another of Matt Millen's first-round picks, but Marinelli insisted that Roy Williams wouldn't be the next one to go.

"He's here," he said. "Roy is here. Look at my eyes – he's staying here. I want to see what he and Calvin (Johnson) can do out there together."

Marinelli acknowledged that the Lions will get offers for Williams, but he doesn't plan to be swayed.

"When you are a beautiful girl, people will keep knocking on the door and asking for dates – but the old dad has to keep coming out and saying 'Nope.'"

pipes
03-17-2008, 11:12 PM

You beat me to it. :tsk:

pipes
03-17-2008, 11:13 PM
If he cannot play defensive tackle, I'm not interested.

Not until the LOS is shored up, then maybe the skill positions.

The Broncos had a WR with 100 catches. Were they in the playoffs?

-----

Actually he'd probably be better than most of the stiffs that have been carted out there the past few seasons. :shocked:

SR
03-17-2008, 11:16 PM
Not worth it. Colbert will be fine. From what I read, trading Meyers to the Texans for a pick is just stockpiling picks to make a stronger move at Robertson.

DenBronx
03-17-2008, 11:48 PM
Do It Now!!!!!!!!!!!!

hamrob
03-18-2008, 12:26 AM
Having Williams, BMarsh, Sheff, Henry, Graham etc. would be fun to watch...but without a line to block for Cutty...good luck to us!

Still, for a 2nd, 5th and Foxy...I think it's worth it.

Does anyone know when Williams' contract is up? I can't see us having two WR's making 30-40m each.

Given the fact we're rumored to be in the hunt for Robertson, Williams and Peppers...I'd say we're talking with everyone to see what deals are out there to be had...but unless we really like a deal...it isn't happening and surely not more than one of these will come true...if that!

broncosfanscott
03-18-2008, 12:30 AM
He is a talented WR and would be great to have, however he will probably require us to get rid of some draft picks. I agree with tops, we need to get better in the trenches first and formost.

shank
03-18-2008, 12:32 AM
Having Williams, BMarsh, Sheff, Henry, Graham etc. would be fun to watch...but without a line to block for Cutty...good luck to us!

Still, for a 2nd, 5th and Foxy...I think it's worth it.

Does anyone know when Williams' contract is up? I can't see us having two WR's making 30-40m each.

Given the fact we're rumored to be in the hunt for Robertson, Williams and Peppers...I'd say we're talking with everyone to see what deals are out there to be had...but unless we really like a deal...it isn't happening and surely not more than one of these will come true...if that!

i think i foxy and a 2nd is more sexy but what's a 5th? sure it's a denver o-lineman, but we have 2 5ths now and a 6th...

i'd still do it, personally.

the peppers rumors are bullshit. he went to a nug game. big whoop. i hate basketball and i'm a nugs fan. i've been to games, are they trading for me? whatever, shut up. they aren't. you're stupid. it's st. patty's day, leave me alone...

get robertson for something. or get williams for something. (either is rumored ot have foxy included, hence the 2 safety signings...) either a safety or a great wr will help one side of the ball so much that he other side can deal with a hit... robertson would help our d enough to account for colbert as our #2, and roy would help our offense enough to deal with marcus and a rook or alvin as our dts...

get one of these two rumored deals done and i will be happy heading into the draft.

i would prefer foxy and our 4th for robertson and a conditional 2009 pick...

WARHORSE
03-18-2008, 01:23 AM
If the Broncos are truly willing to part with the tenth pick in the second round, then they must have a deal in place already to move down should they choose to do so.............OR...........they really dont care, and will move ahead whether a deal is in place or not.:coffee:

I would be very happy to sign Williams though, and it wouldnt surprise me a bit if Denver went after him in that way. Pat Bowlen wants to win NOW.

NOW!

The heck with tryin to win next year.

Let the other suckers do that.:tsk:

dogfish
03-18-2008, 01:31 AM
guys. . . .

have you noticed that you're still posting opinions on a piece of "news" that was WRITTEN BY A POSTER ON ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD??!!

:laugh: :lol:

shank
03-18-2008, 01:33 AM
guys. . . .

have you noticed that you're still posting opinions on a piece of "news" that was WRITTEN BY A POSTER ON ANOTHER MESSAGE BOARD??!!

your mom writes on another message board...

(this comeback brought to you by st. patrick's day...)

DenBronx
03-18-2008, 01:37 AM

well....i....uh....write ON your mom.

dogfish
03-18-2008, 01:46 AM

yea, she might've even been the one who started this rumor. . . . :laugh:

topscribe
03-18-2008, 01:51 AM
guys. . . .

That's what happens when you have a shortage of material . . . :noidea:

-----

dogfish
03-18-2008, 02:44 AM
That's what happens when you have a shortage of material . . . :noidea:

-----

you want me to start a plummer thread?

:fear:

WARHORSE
03-18-2008, 02:44 AM
Nothin wrong with Speck u late ing.

ikillz0mbies
03-18-2008, 02:59 AM
I'm all for bringing Williams to Denver, but I wouldn't want Marshall to be moved down to a number 2 WR. Anyway, is it possible for Denver to bring in BOTH Williams and Robertson?

topscribe
03-18-2008, 03:02 AM

:faint:

-----

ktrain
03-18-2008, 03:40 AM
now that old man Gibbs is gone from the Deadskins, Shanny needs a new trading partner to rape every year. Looks like Matt Millen is Shanny's new byatch. Not a bad idea, Millen is a stoopid **** afterall!

WARHORSE
03-18-2008, 04:03 AM

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y152/warhorse001/laughingpig.gif

fcspikeit
03-18-2008, 04:34 AM
I'm all for bringing Williams to Denver, but I wouldn't want Marshall to be moved down to a number 2 WR. Anyway, is it possible for Denver to bring in BOTH Williams and Robertson?

:banghead: :frusty: :whoknows:

atwater27
03-18-2008, 09:22 AM
Foxworth, a second, and a 5th?

No thanks.

Williams is good value, but we already have a #1, we don't need to sign a #2 WR to a mega deal, and I'm tired of Denver parting away with draft picks like the red sea.

Then again, I hear Denver wants a third round pick this year, so maybe that means they're looking to trade away next year's second and 4th.

Are you kidding!!!!????
Williams is worth a first and more!
It ain't gonna happen, because we would be stealing him.
But you need a check up from the neckup if you owuld not take up that offer.

HolyDiver
03-18-2008, 09:24 AM
Are you kidding!!!!????
Williams is worth a first and more!
It ain't gonna happen, because we would be stealing him.
But you need a check up from the neckup if you owuld not take up that offer.

Well, we need to be the ones doing the stealing for a change............Lately, we just seem to GIVE players away...........We got nothing for Walker............Warren was let go for a 4th round pick.

powderaddict
03-18-2008, 10:55 AM
Wellgreat. I just read this thread.

I got all excited picturing Williams in a Broncos uniform, only to have my giddyness squashed 2 min later reading shanahanashahasasfasfaaranajam made this whole thing up.

I want my 5 minutes back :P!!!!!!!!!!!!!

powderaddict
03-18-2008, 10:56 AM
Well, we need to be the ones doing the stealing for a change............Lately, we just seem to GIVE players away...........We got nothing for Walker............Warren was let go for a 4th round pick.

4th round pick > Warren

shank
03-18-2008, 12:05 PM
we actually only got a 5th for warren.

HolyDiver
03-18-2008, 12:17 PM

5th? He would be starting for us right now...............That is worth more than a 4th AND 5th.

Astrass
03-18-2008, 12:23 PM
The only reason I would like to see this deal happen is.....

Cutler + Williams + Marshall + Stokley + Scheffler

That would be so much fun to watch.

Otherwise.....I'd like to keep Foxy and our 2nd

Rick
03-18-2008, 12:33 PM
It is not going to happen, it was just a posters rumor.

If it was true though I would be all over bringing in both Robertosn and Williams :)

Ah well, hopefully atleast the Robertson deal is true.

powderaddict
03-18-2008, 12:41 PM

l'll amend my previous statement

5th > Warren

DenBronx
03-19-2008, 01:20 AM
if we get dt robertson with a 4th, then we still leave a hole for the wr position. we will need to address wr rather early in the draft and since there is never a guarantee at wr for shanahan in the draft, then i think a 2nd rounder would be a fair deal for williams. that dude is a baller! please bowlen...clad this guy in orange and blue next year. :salute: oakland has the best db tandum in the nfl huh? well....meet our wr tandum...roywill and bmarsh....have fun with that hall, you one demensional, overated, man on man, i cant play zone, arena league turdbird!