PDA

View Full Version : Only Team Not @ Michigan Pro Day

Buff
03-17-2008, 07:49 PM
What does everyone think of the fact that every other team had someone at Michigan's pro day besides Denver? Maybe it means that we think Long before #12 will be gone and Manningham will be gone before our 2nd rounder... Orrr, maybe it means we're going to do something crazy and trade back up to get Manningham or package something to get Long.

Most likely it means nothing and we just aren't targeting any Michigan players... But after we got Jay Cutler out of left field, you can't help but wonder.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-5-777/Manningham-on-the-rise.html

TXBRONC
03-17-2008, 07:54 PM
What does everyone think of the fact that every other team had someone at Michigan's pro day besides Denver? Maybe it means that we think Long before #12 will be gone and Manningham will be gone before our 2nd rounder... Orrr, maybe it means we're going to do something crazy and trade back up to get Manningham or package something to get Long.

Most likely it means nothing and we just aren't targeting any Michigan players... But after we got Jay Cutler out of left field, you can't help but wonder.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0-5-777/Manningham-on-the-rise.html

I don't know Buff, while anything is possible I kind of doubt Shanahan go after either one of these guys.

Buff
03-17-2008, 08:00 PM
I don't know Buff, while anything is possible I kind of doubt Shanahan go after either one of these guys.

Yeah, well if not them, they've got the RB Hart that could be a good later round pickup, and about 5-6 other guys that could potentially go pro... And 31 other teams figured they'd send scouts... It's almost one of those situations where maybe they out-thought themselves in the front office and tried to stay away so as not to generate buzz, not realizing it's even more conspicuous not to be there...

I'll admit that's a bit of a conspiracy theory, but knows?

NameUsedBefore
03-17-2008, 08:05 PM
Because Shanahan didn't hit Michigan with a dart on the map.

broncosfanscott
03-17-2008, 08:06 PM
It's almost one of those situations where maybe they out-thought themselves in the front office and tried to stay away so as not to generate buzz, not realizing it's even more conspicuous not to be there...

You never know with Shanahan, so it's possible.

TXBRONC
03-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Yeah, well if not them, they've got the RB Hart that could be a good later round pickup, and about 5-6 other guys that could potentially go pro... And 31 other teams figured they'd send scouts... It's almost one of those situations where maybe they out-thought themselves in the front office and tried to stay away so as not to generate buzz, not realizing it's even more conspicuous not to be there...

For Denver fans it is more conspicuous. :lol:

Requiem / The Dagda
03-17-2008, 08:20 PM
It's not a big deal at all. Mike hasn't even been to Indy the past two years.

tubby
03-17-2008, 09:32 PM
Prolly cause Ian Gold sucked so bad. Let alone Jeremy Lesueur's ass.....that one still chaps me for some reason.

NameUsedBefore
03-17-2008, 09:35 PM
Prolly cause Ian Gold sucked so bad. Let alone Jeremy Lesueur's ass.....that one still chaps me for some reason.

I think it has to do with his name.

(For me, anyway)

dogfish
03-17-2008, 09:50 PM
do we go to ANY pro days? or do anything at all to scout prospects. . . . ??

:confused:

MOtorboat
03-17-2008, 09:53 PM
Michigan prospects haven't been all that great lately...

Skinny
03-17-2008, 09:59 PM
do we go to ANY pro days? or do anything at all to scout prospects. . . . ??I read Denver was at Ohio's Pro day (http://www.thepost.ohiou.edu/Articles/Sports/2008/03/12/23378/) Friday ...

dogfish
03-17-2008, 09:59 PM
Michigan prospects haven't been all that great lately...

yea, braylon edwards really stunk it up this year. . . .

and leon hall and woodley didn't show anything as rookies. . . .

[/Sarcasm]

dogfish
03-17-2008, 10:00 PM
I read Denver was at Ohio's Pro day (http://www.thepost.ohiou.edu/Articles/Sports/2008/03/12/23378/) Friday ...

cool, thanks skinny-- too bad we don't have a chance in hell of getting gholston!

edit: nevermind, it's OU, not ohio state. . . that's my alma mater baby! not exactly a football powerhouse, though. . . . :lol:

MOtorboat
03-17-2008, 10:00 PM
yea, braylon edwards really stunk it up this year. . . .

and leon hall and woodley didn't show anything as rookies. . . .

[/Sarcasm]

Take a look at the other players.

Going and grabbing two, maybe three bright spots is revisionist.

dogfish
03-17-2008, 10:03 PM
Take a look at the other players.

Going and grabbing two, maybe three bright spots is revisionist.

what, so ALL of their recent guys have to be successful to make their pro day worth attending?

MOtorboat
03-17-2008, 10:05 PM
what, so ALL of their recent guys have to be successful to make their pro day worth attending?

Go ahead, take a look at the "talent" coming out of there...it's not much.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-17-2008, 10:38 PM
Besides the fact that the University of Michigan has been long known as one of the best NFL pro producing schools in the nation. . . eh, what was your point again?

SmilinAssasSin27
03-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Go ahead, take a look at the "talent" coming out of there...it's not much.

They have a QB, OT, OLB, S and a RB in this draft.

Out of those, we could seriously look at Crable, Hart and Adams...although I'm not sure all who participated.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-17-2008, 11:01 PM
I read Denver was at Ohio's Pro day (http://www.thepost.ohiou.edu/Articles/Sports/2008/03/12/23378/) Friday ...

does Ohio even have anyone worth noting?

Requiem / The Dagda
03-17-2008, 11:05 PM
does Ohio even have anyone worth noting?

Their running back McRae would be a great late-round pick up.

fcspikeit
03-17-2008, 11:06 PM
Because Shanahan didn't hit Michigan with a dart on the map.

Or at pin the tail on the draft prospect :D

I can see it now... Shanahan holds his hand over his eyes, spins a couple times then points and says, I'll take that guy... Someone from the back says,, But Mike, we don't need a QB, Shanahan removes the hand from his face.. Then looks around the room and says, Who said that? No one questions the masterminds scouting method!.. Ted stands up and says, it was me Mike.. Shanahan in his best Trump voice, points and says, "Ted Sundquist, YOUR FIRED!"

pipes
03-17-2008, 11:22 PM

I dunno Lloyd, the French are a$$holes. :shocked::confused:

LRtagger
03-18-2008, 08:05 AM
The only logical reason Denver didnt attend is because we are planning on trading up and taking Henne in the top 10. Its the only scenario that makes sense, since we did it before.

MOtorboat
03-18-2008, 08:07 AM
The only logical reason Denver didnt attend is because we are planning on trading up and taking Henne in the top 10. Its the only scenario that makes sense, since we did it before.

We'd only have to trade up one spot to do what we did before...