PDA

View Full Version : Casey Wiegman Released (Merged)

UnderArmour
02-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Source: Adam Caplan via Twitter

Broncos release Casey Weigmann, source said.
http://twitter.com/caplannfl/status/9544609390

ursak
02-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Broncos | Wiegmann released
Comment (0) Tweet me!
Tue, 23 Feb 2010 14:17:00 -0800

Adam Caplan, of Scout.com, reports the Denver Broncos have released C Casey Wiegmann, according to a source.

Ziggy
02-23-2010, 05:30 PM
If this is true, I wonder who they have pencilled in at starter. Fry, Hamilton, Kuper, Paxton, or an unknown?

NameUsedBefore
02-23-2010, 05:41 PM
New Starter: Lonie Paxton.

SOCALORADO.
02-23-2010, 05:43 PM
If this is true, I wonder who they have pencilled in at starter. Fry, Hamilton, Kuper, Paxton, or an unknown?

No, the starter is JD Walton, Baylor. He gets drafted in the 3rd round of the 2010 draft by DEN.
I just came back from the future.

http://www.imgdump.info/data/media/45/Needs%20more%20Jiggawatts.jpg

underrated29
02-23-2010, 05:45 PM
I'D SAY him or Pouncey will become a bronco. But in the mean time I expect

Target #1 in FA will be: kevin mawae

GEM
02-23-2010, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the couple years Casey. :salute:

Now who is taking over? Nails, could you come back just for a couple weeks and show these youngsters how it's done? :D

SmilinAssasSin27
02-23-2010, 06:01 PM

No way. 2010 Mawae=2008 Weigman. May be nice for 1 year, but then we have to fill it again.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-23-2010, 06:04 PM
The Fan just announced that Lamont Jordan was also released

yardog
02-23-2010, 06:07 PM

:confused:

Lonestar
02-23-2010, 06:08 PM

about TIME

underrated29
02-23-2010, 06:09 PM
No way. 2010 Mawae=2008 Weigman. May be nice for 1 year, but then we have to fill it again.

Not with pounc or walden waiting in the wings. This reeks of a mcdaniels move right here.

Seriously, I am rethinking our whole draft now. If we dont have a shot at bradford or paul pierre- I think we might just drop back into the second and go for cody and pouncey.

SmilinAssasSin27
Jordan was just a comfortable stopgap for McD til he could assess the team in it's entirety. No more no less.

Lonestar

Mawae was a great player no doubt but IMHO past his prime .

Pouncey should be a day one pick IMO. He could start he is that good.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-23-2010, 06:10 PM
Not with pounc or walden waiting in the wings. This reeks of a mcdaniels move right here.

Seriously, I am rethinking our whole draft now. If we dont have a shot at bradford or paul pierre- I think we might just drop back into the second and go for cody and pouncey.

ll depends on what we do w/ BMarsh. If we deal him for a 1st and a 3rd, then we can address both O and D lines in round 1.

Either Dan Williams and Pouncey

or

Iupati and Cody

Neither option appears to be too undesireable.

D1g1tal j1m
02-23-2010, 06:15 PM
Seth Olsen may be getting a shot at center. He has the size and demeanor that McD wants out of his line and he has the advantage of having a year under his belt under this system. This allows us to not be handicapped into picking a center too early in the draft and concentrate on other parts of the roster.

Ziggy
02-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Mawae for a 1 year rental and drafting a 2nd tier center like Walton, Cook, Byers, Tennant, Larsen, or Olsen sounds like a solid plan to me. It's better than bringing in a rookie center and expecting him to start and play at a decent level his first year. Unless we make a run at Pouncey, Mawae would be a solid pickup to groom a kid under for 1 year.

D1g1tal j1m
02-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Oh, and Jordan was a guy who was suppose to help in the transition to the McD way and now he has passed his usefulness.

Lonestar
02-23-2010, 06:18 PM
Perhaps they are rethinking Hillis at this time with DEN now that no yard Jordan is gone.

T.K.O.
02-23-2010, 06:19 PM

what the heck are we gonna do without lamont !http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Thumbs/Sanford-and-Son-tv-13.jpg

SmilinAssasSin27
02-23-2010, 06:20 PM
Mawae for a 1 year rental and drafting a 2nd tier center like Walton, Cook, Byers, Tennant, Larsen, or Olsen sounds like a solid plan to me. It's better than bringing in a rookie center and expecting him to start and play at a decent level his first year. Unless we make a run at Pouncey, Mawae would be a solid pickup to groom a kid under for 1 year.

I can't be happy w/ a 1 year fill in at this point. We need to teach continuity and cohesiveness. We can't do that w/ a bunch of annual journeyman signings.

KCL
02-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Come back to KC!!!

wonder why he was released?

Ziggy
02-23-2010, 06:33 PM
I can't be happy w/ a 1 year fill in at this point. We need to teach continuity and cohesiveness. We can't do that w/ a bunch of annual journeyman signings.

We also can't expect a rookie to come in, start, and perform at a high level right off the bat. It's time to give Knowshon and Buck time to get the ball and look up before they have a defender grabbing onto them.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-23-2010, 06:37 PM
http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/35547427/ns/sports-player_news/

Wiegmann put together a surprising Pro Bowl season under Mike Shanahan in 2008, but the smallish center was a poor fit for Josh McDaniels' power-blocking scheme. The Broncos will have to find a replacement to help shore up their well-document short-yardage issues. Wiegmann, turning 37 in July, wants to continue playing, possibly for a zone-blocking team such as the Texans or Redskins.

T.K.O.
02-23-2010, 06:37 PM
Come back to KC!!!

wonder why he was released?

because he is OLD !http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=old+man&FORM=IGRE6#focal=4833800447b342e38be89dca41e079cf&furl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.meanoldcoot.com%2fassets%2fi mages%2fdb_images%2fdb_old-man1.jpg

Northman
02-23-2010, 06:39 PM
I think Marshall will start at center.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-23-2010, 06:39 PM
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2010/02/23/broncos-release-wiegmann-jordan/

Let there be no doubt, the Broncos are changing their upfront blocking scheme to a more physical, powerful style.

The change cost Casey Wiegmann, the Broncos’ starting center the past two years. Wiegmann and backup running back LaMont Jordan were released by the club Tuesday.

Wiegmann, who turns 37 this summer, has played in 8,936 consecutive snaps, an iron-man streak that began with the second game of the 2001 season.

The veteran Jordan was signed as a free agent last year, but plans for his use became diminished when the Broncos selected running back Knowshon Moreno with their first-round draft pick, No. 12 overall. Jordan had been one of most vocal supporters of Broncos coach Josh McDaniels.

T.K.O.
02-23-2010, 06:46 PM
i guess shanny turned mcD down with the "i'll give you casey and tony if you wanna swap 1sts ? "

KCL
02-23-2010, 06:48 PM
because he is OLD !http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=old+man&FORM=IGRE6#focal=4833800447b342e38be89dca41e079cf&furl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.meanoldcoot.com%2fassets%2fi mages%2fdb_images%2fdb_old-man1.jpg

At 37 he was still an asset to the team...yes or no?

Denver Native (Carol)
02-23-2010, 06:50 PM

No - he does not fit the "physical" style lineman Coach McD wants - he is too small

Ziggy
02-23-2010, 06:51 PM

Some of us are greatful for the pro bowl season Casey had here. As Denver switches to more of a power blocking scheme, he just doesn't fit in at this stage of his career. I wish him the best and hope he catches on with another team.

gregbroncs
02-23-2010, 06:53 PM
No - he does not fit the "physical" style lineman Coach McD wants - he is too small
I agree. Casey needs to go as well as Hamilton. I liked Hamilton but he is not cut out for this style of play and hurt the team in a big way last year.

broncofaninfla
02-23-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm guessing there will be more to follow. Prepping for free agency........

SmilinAssasSin27
02-23-2010, 06:59 PM
We also can't expect a rookie to come in, start, and perform at a high level right off the bat. It's time to give Knowshon and Buck time to get the ball and look up before they have a defender grabbing onto them.

And I would say; who cares? First off, plenty of Centers have done just fine from day 1. SSecondly, I'd just assume atsrt the newbie from day 1 and let him get used to his QB, fellow OLinemen and the system. Why have him sit a year just to make yet another transition period on the front lines? We're not winning a SB in 2010. I'd like to have some players who are at least ready in 2011.

T.K.O.
02-23-2010, 07:42 PM
I'm guessing there will be more to follow. Prepping for free agency........

moss ? or could we get something from shanny for him ?

Dirk
02-23-2010, 07:52 PM
what the heck are we gonna do without lamont !http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Thumbs/Sanford-and-Son-tv-13.jpg

Gotta love Fred "G" Sanford....the G stands for GET A BIGGER CENTER!

Ziggy
02-23-2010, 07:53 PM
And I would say; who cares? First off, plenty of Centers have done just fine from day 1. SSecondly, I'd just assume atsrt the newbie from day 1 and let him get used to his QB, fellow OLinemen and the system. Why have him sit a year just to make yet another transition period on the front lines? We're not winning a SB in 2010. I'd like to have some players who are at least ready in 2011.

I guess we have a difference of opinion on how the NFL usually works. Even Tom Nalen sat his rookie year to learn the system and intricacies of playing in the NFL. Sure some have done it well, but they are far and few between. If your stance is that we aren't winning the SB in 2010 so why put the best team we can on the field, then why not trade Champ and others while they still have some value and throw in the towel to build for the future? It's not Bowlen's style. That's one of the things that make him the best owner in sports.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-23-2010, 07:57 PM
I guess we have a difference of opinion on how the NFL usually works. Even Tom Nalen sat his rookie year to learn the system and intricacies of playing in the NFL. Sure some have done it well, but they are far and few between. If your stance is that we aren't winning the SB in 2010 so why put the best team we can on the field, then why not trade Champ and others while they still have some value and throw in the towel to build for the future? It's not Bowlen's style. That's one of the things that make him the best owner in sports.

I don't see it as throwing in the towel. Mack played very well for Cleveland last year, although I do believe an injury limited him a bit. And there have been others thrown into the mix. Look at the Jets. 3 years ago didn't they draft and immediately 2 Olinemen? How's that working out for em? Just because I don't believe we are gonna win doesn't mean I want them to quit. There is a difference between throing in the towel and siging an over the hill center so that our young guys get NO experience.

T.K.O.
02-23-2010, 07:59 PM
Gotta love Fred "G" Sanford....the G stands for GET A BIGGER CENTER!

did you notice he sports a hoody as well ?:laugh:

Ziggy
02-23-2010, 08:03 PM
I don't see it as throwing in the towel. Mack played very well for Cleveland last year, although I do believe an injury limited him a bit. And there have been others thrown into the mix. Look at the Jets. 3 years ago didn't they draft and immediately 2 Olinemen? How's that working out for em? Just because I don't believe we are gonna win doesn't mean I want them to quit. There is a difference between throing in the towel and siging an over the hill center so that our young guys get NO experience.

The problem with your plan is that it also relies on the draft going just the way the Broncos want it to as far as centers go. Do you really think that's wise?

dogfish
02-23-2010, 09:25 PM

The problem with your plan is that it also relies on the draft going just the way the Broncos want it to as far as centers go. Do you really think that's wise?

i agree with both of you. . . . :lol:

Lonestar
02-23-2010, 09:58 PM
moss ? or could we get something from shanny for him ?

even mike knows he blows by now. Besides I'd bet that was bates that hired him or talked mike or Pat into him.

We ALL know mike would never spend 75% of one draft on dine unless he was forced to by Pat. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Lonestar
02-23-2010, 10:25 PM

But Nalen was not a top draft choice either he was new to the ZBS as it was just getting started about the time he came to town.

http://www.nfl.com/players/tomnalen/profile?id=NAL177981

Big difference in Nalen #7 choice in 1994 and a Pouncey at worst our #2 in 2010 as he is the best of the best at least that is how I see it.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=1400&type=team

Many top rated centers have come in and started for their teams.
Mack for CLE 16 games round 1
Wood for BUF 10 games round 1
Caldwell for HOU 11 games round 3
Kalil for CAR 16 games round 2
Satele for OAk 15 games round 2
Harris Titans 15 games round 4
MAngold Jets 16 round 1 #29
cook SAN 6 round 1 moved to tackle when he was traded to MIN

Good quality centers do not have to set. Mike rarely started rookies, so that is really nor a valid argument.

rcsodak
02-23-2010, 10:43 PM

Why in the hell would they go for a 1trick/1yr pony, in pierre? They don't need rush end help, they need down-players!

rcsodak
02-23-2010, 10:51 PM

I agree with you for the most part, zig, but as for nalen, different scheme. Everybody agreed, at the time, that in the zbs, it took time to learn it.

I'm not so sure there's that much to really 'learn' in the power scheme? But I might be completely wrong, too.

I do, however, agree that cohesiveness is #1 for the OL. The C has to know the play, the blocking, the coverage and be able to call it out for the rest of the OL. Not sure how many rooks can do that.

Anybody have any rookie C's of late that have started successfully, of late?

edit: just saw your post, jr. thx

rcsodak
02-23-2010, 10:54 PM

C'mon, zigs.....don't the Broncos always get graded A+ in the draft? :rolleyes:

Ziggy
02-23-2010, 11:12 PM
But Nalen was not a top draft choice either he was new to the ZBS as it was just getting started about the time he came to town.

http://www.nfl.com/players/tomnalen/profile?id=NAL177981

Big difference in Nalen #7 choice in 1994 and a Pouncey at worst our #2 in 2010 as he is the best of the best at least that is how I see it.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=1400&type=team

Many top rated centers have come in and started for their teams.
Mack for CLE 16 games round 1
Wood for BUF 10 games round 1
Caldwell for HOU 11 games round 3
Kalil for CAR 16 games round 2
Satele for OAk 15 games round 2
Harris Titans 15 games round 4
MAngold Jets 16 round 1 #29
cook SAN 6 round 1 moved to tackle when he was traded to MIN

Good quality centers do not have to set. Mike rarely started rookies, so that is really nor a valid argument.

There is a difference between starting, and playing at a high level JR. Nate Webster, Marquand Manuel, and Mcree started for us 2 years ago, it doesn't mean that they played well. Mack played OK this season, and Mangold was good for the Jets his rookie year. Both were first round picks. The same cannot be said for the rest of your list. Let's not forget the fact that not having a center waiting in the wings already forces Denver to either rely on luck or reaching in the draft to get the center that they want. Good teams don't reach in the draft.

Ziggy
02-23-2010, 11:16 PM
C'mon, zigs.....don't the Broncos always get graded A+ in the draft? :rolleyes:

To be honest with you RC, I'm a huge McD supporter, but I have no confidence in him right now in the draft. It's bit too early to call some of last year's players busts, but after admitting that they were not prepared for the draft.........being aggressive was a huge mistake. I hope that we got lucky and most of the picks pan out. I'll give it some time before I pass judgement, but being overly aggressive in a draft that you are not prepared for is just crazy.

Lonestar
02-23-2010, 11:27 PM
There is a difference between starting, and playing at a high level JR. Nate Webster, Marquand Manuel, and Mcree started for us 2 years ago, it doesn't mean that they played well. Mack played OK this season, and Mangold was good for the Jets his rookie year. Both were first round picks. The same cannot be said for the rest of your list. Let's not forget the fact that not having a center waiting in the wings already forces Denver to either rely on luck or reaching in the draft to get the center that they want. Good teams don't reach in the draft.

I have not every suggested we reach in the draft.

BUT if the absolute best center or Guard is available when our turn is up how can you think it is a each.. If we took the 5th best at 11 or whatever number we ultimately pick at, I could understand it being a reach.

If we take the BPA and it is a OLT how could that really help us.

We have NEEDS we are not the cowboys or Colts or for that matter the Dolts, who have some of the best players and lots of depth. they can afford to take BPA we really do not have that luxury IMHO.

As for the other players centers that is what we need is a long time starter at center they are starting and may not be all pros but all of them most likely would be better than who we have had the past few years.

If Pouncey or Iupati is there at time I say we take them, and build this team from draft choices they along with Clady and Harris will make one of the strongest (not literally) building blocks we need for the next super bowl run.

Ziggy
02-23-2010, 11:33 PM
I have not every suggested we reach in the draft.

BUT if the absolute best center or Guard is available when our turn is up how can you think it is a each.. If we took the 5th best at 11 or whatever number we ultimately pick at, I could understand it being a reach.

If we take the BPA and it is a OLT how could that really help us.

We have NEEDS we are not the cowboys or Colts or for that matter the Dolts, who have some of the best players and lots of depth. they can afford to take BPA we really do not have that luxury IMHO.

As for the other players centers that is what we need is a long time starter at center they are starting and may not be all pros but all of them most likely would be better than who we have had the past few years.

If Pouncey or Iupati is there at time I say we take them, and build this team from draft choices they along with Clady and Harris will make one of the strongest (not literally) building blocks we need for the next super bowl run.

If you're planning on taking Pouncey at 10/11, that's another issue, and probably a good idea for a thread in the draft/FA forum.

Lonestar
02-23-2010, 11:38 PM
To be honest with you RC, I'm a huge McD supporter, but I have no confidence in him right now in the draft. It's bit too early to call some of last year's players busts, but after admitting that they were not prepared for the draft.........being aggressive was a huge mistake. I hope that we got lucky and most of the picks pan out. I'll give it some time before I pass judgement, but being overly aggressive in a draft that you are not prepared for is just crazy.

What else were they to do take someone they really did not think would make the team or pass on the pick and lose it.

If they do it again this year after they have had a full year to prepare for the draft, then I to will be uptight about it.

I'm a firm believer that switching schemes and coaches in mid stream caused the existing staff to not be prepared for what Josh thought he should have.

For example how many RBs did our staff look at. DO you think any of the really scouted Moreno? They all knew that mike would never have drafted him. I think we can all believe that they were looking for the next TD someone that would be picked in the later part of day one.

We all know that they were not looking for CB's or TE either nor probably DE's especially none that could be converted to OLB.

The minute mike was fired I'd guess 85% of the work they had done for the year went up in smoke.

It was back to the drawing board, and even if they had scouted some of these players they were looking at them from Mikes POV not Joshes Bigger, faster, stronger, meaner and smarter TEAM POV.

So was I surprised to here they only had 100 players they liked, NO considering what I just posted I'm kind a surprised that they had that many.

I'm guessing that those were the players for the most part that Josh saw on the Pats board, before he left and Nolan knew what he wanted for the 49's. I'd also guess that the other coaches hired had some input also.

Maybe I'm all wrong on this but I suspect I'm pretty close to the truth.

Lonestar
02-23-2010, 11:43 PM
If you're planning on taking Pouncey at 10/11, that's another issue, and probably a good idea for a thread in the draft/FA forum.

I believe that we will trade back if we can and pickup some more picks in rounds two and three.

That my friend is Billy's MO and I just do not see Josh deviating from that again. Last year was an anomaly due to the little time he had to get ready for the draft. After all he had to hire coaches first and that took some time to do.

as explained in the post above I think he had little faith in the existing scouting staff. Thus the small draft board.

Ziggy
02-23-2010, 11:58 PM
What else were they to do take someone they really did not think would make the team or pass on the pick and lose it.

If they do it again this year after they have had a full year to prepare for the draft, then I to will be uptight about it.

No JR, I would have liked to have seen them either take the picks they had and left it at that, or traded out for picks in this draft when they are fully prepared. To make numerous trades up, and give up high and mid round picks is crazy in a draft that you are admittedly unprepared for. Let me put it in terms you can better understand. You're a businessman I believe. Let's say that you have a pool of money to invest in every year, but you can either use some of the money for next year's investments towards this year's or visa versa. You've just started in your current business, and have not had time to fully investigate the potential investees. Would you pull some of the money out of next year's pool to invest more in this year's potentials, or would you put some of this year's money towards next year when you have had the time and resources to fully investigate what it is that you are investing in?

Ziggy
02-24-2010, 12:01 AM
I believe that we will trade back if we can and pickup some more picks in rounds two and three.

That my friend is Billy's MO and I just do not see Josh deviating from that again. Last year was an anomaly due to the little time he had to get ready for the draft. After all he had to hire coaches first and that took some time to do.

as explained in the post above I think he had little faith in the existing scouting staff. Thus the small draft board.

Solid plan, and one that I wouldn't mind at all JR. You do take a risk when doing that though. Say the Broncos target Pouncey. They trade down in the first round and pick up a 2nd or 3rd. However, one of the teams in front of us grabs Pouncey before our pick. We are then left to hope we get one of the 2nd tier centers and he turns out to be better than expected. It's risky, and it burned the Texans a few years back when they tried to do that with an offensive tackle.

Lonestar
02-24-2010, 12:30 AM
No JR, I would have liked to have seen them either take the picks they had and left it at that, or traded out for picks in this draft when they are fully prepared. To make numerous trades up, and give up high and mid round picks is crazy in a draft that you are admittedly unprepared for. Let me put it in terms you can better understand. You're a businessman I believe. Let's say that you have a pool of money to invest in every year, but you can either use some of the money for next year's investments towards this year's or visa versa. You've just started in your current business, and have not had time to fully investigate the potential investees. Would you pull some of the money out of next year's pool to invest more in this year's potentials, or would you put some of this year's money towards next year when you have had the time and resources to fully investigate what it is that you are investing in?

I understand what you are saying and I was not really crazy about the moves myself.

But again in his defense he picked up a potential starter or two with these moves.

In the end that is how it is judged.

BTW as a businsess man in my industry, we never have any money to invest. :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: Extra or NOT

Lonestar
02-24-2010, 12:45 AM
Solid plan, and one that I wouldn't mind at all JR. You do take a risk when doing that though. Say the Broncos target Pouncey. They trade down in the first round and pick up a 2nd or 3rd. However, one of the teams in front of us grabs Pouncey before our pick. We are then left to hope we get one of the 2nd tier centers and he turns out to be better than expected. It's risky, and it burned the Texans a few years back when they tried to do that with an offensive tackle.

your correct but I'm told that there are two or threes centers that are all comparable with Pouncey being the best. Or should I say Beast. With that extra choice you may trip across another great potential starter also.

I'm kind of a believer that day one picks should be starters by year two at the latest unless they are specialist IF you have that luxury.

I'd advocate stepping back from 10-11 to high teens low 20's and another 2nd or third choice depending on how far back you move. the farther back the higher the second choice of the trade.

that Has been a staple of Billy's MO for years. But usually he has a couple of first and second from the prior year to dicker with also. He has rarely picked in the top 15 with his OWN choice for almost since he got there.

IIRC the last time they used their own pick to draft low was way back for R Seymour in 2001 just after he got there about number 5-6. After that most of his picks are in the high teens or twenties or a couple of times at 32.

IIRC he had 4 #2's last year and a couple of 3's, about 12-13 picks overall.

It may take us a few years to get to that level.

dogfish
02-24-2010, 01:21 AM

IMO, this is probably as good a reason to sign a guy like mawae as any-- it really does take the pressure off you in the draft and leaves more options open. . .

who says that mawae has to start if we sign him? he's 39 years old, he's not getting a monster deal anywhere. . .

we just released weigmann, and hamilton will be gone shortly. . . we'd be better to have some reliable veteran depth on the OL for a year or two until we can draft and develop some guys. . . you can still go into the draft with getting pouncey as a priority, but if you don't get him you aren't backed into a corner where you have to make a panic move and give up value to secure one of the other highly-rated center prospects-- because you know you aren't getting shit fr quality players in FA past april, even in a regular year. . .

if you do draft pouncey, let 'em compete in camp. . .

yep-- houston mis-judged the market and got stuck with duane brown, who even gibbs couldn't coax into anything special. . .

Ziggy
02-24-2010, 01:46 AM
yep-- houston mis-judged the market and got stuck with duane brown, who even gibbs couldn't coax into anything special. . .

Not only did they get stuck with Duane Brown, but the Ravens used Houston's pick they traded down from to take Flacco. If Houston hadn't traded for Schuab the year before, it would look even worse.

CoachChaz
02-24-2010, 07:53 AM
Anyone really think that a rookie C would do much worse than Wiegmann did this past year?

j3phr3y
02-24-2010, 09:11 AM
http://thebuzzcincy.com/files/2009/10/DSCF2730-238x300.jpg
(http://thebuzzcincy.com/files/2009/10/DSCF2730-238x300.jpg)

Broncolingus
02-24-2010, 09:16 AM
Thx for the time, Casey...good luck, dude.

broncofaninfla
02-24-2010, 09:29 AM
I'm guessing Denver is either focused on another vet via free agency or trade. I don't see anybody on our roster that fills the void and doubt anybody we draft can step in as a day one starter.

broncofaninfla
02-24-2010, 09:35 AM
Thx for the time, Casey...good luck, dude.

I agree, thx for the services espcially the 08 season. Casey was a stud in 08 in the zone blocking scheme.

SOCALORADO.
02-24-2010, 09:36 AM
JD WALTON BAYLOR
ERIC OLSEN ND

Both are 6-4, 305 and can maul.
Olsen can also play all along the O-Line.

Broncolingus
02-24-2010, 09:45 AM
I agree, thx for the services espcially the 08 season. Casey was a stud in 08 in the zone blocking scheme.

He'll hook on somewhere else for a few more years...

CoachChaz
02-24-2010, 10:51 AM
JD WALTON BAYLOR
ERIC OLSEN ND

Both are 6-4, 305 and can maul.
Olsen can also play all along the O-Line.

Walton is a stud. I like Tennant more. If we wait til later, i also like Cook

SOCALORADO.
02-24-2010, 11:16 AM
Walton is a stud. I like Tennant more. If we wait til later, i also like Cook

I'll take it!
The only thing i would want Tennant to do, is gain about 15 lbs. get up to
300-305. Walton actually played in a zone blocking scheme. However, hes just a mauler, and he played really well against the top seniors at the senior bowl.
I think Tennant goes after Pouncey. Hes played alot of college football.
Pouncey-bottom 1st, top 2nd
Tennant- bottom 2nd-top 3rd
Walton-top 3rd
Olsen-3rd-4th
Cook-4th

Buff
02-24-2010, 11:24 AM
For the record, Ben Hamilton is a UFA, so we won't see him get released--we just won't resign him.

CoachChaz
02-24-2010, 12:13 PM
I'll take it!
The only thing i would want Tennant to do, is gain about 15 lbs. get up to
300-305. Walton actually played in a zone blocking scheme. However, hes just a mauler, and he played really well against the top seniors at the senior bowl.
I think Tennant goes after Pouncey. Hes played alot of college football.
Pouncey-bottom 1st, top 2nd
Tennant- bottom 2nd-top 3rd
Walton-top 3rd
Olsen-3rd-4th
Cook-4th

I just have a hard time doubting BC linemen. i think (eventually) all of the centers in this draft will be starters.

underrated29
02-24-2010, 01:19 PM
Why in the hell would they go for a 1trick/1yr pony, in pierre? They don't need rush end help, they need down-players!

Not sure, I dont know much about him. But we are apparantly looking real hard at him.

CoachChaz
02-24-2010, 01:25 PM
Not sure, I dont know much about him. But we are apparantly looking real hard at him.

They need to focus on Brandon Graham instead

underrated29
02-24-2010, 01:36 PM

Don't know much about him either....But isnt he an OLB? If so would he be opposite doom? or in the same position? What about Ayers? Is Robert going to be on the line as a DE or an OLB. If its OLB is that not overkill for the position?

I just do not know much about the guy or how the broncos plan to use doom and ayers.

SOCALORADO.
02-24-2010, 02:20 PM

No one knows for sure. It could all be a ploy.
Ive read rumors of alot of teams wanting to trade down, and a couple like NYG and NE wanting to trade up if /McClain/player of choice/ was there.
This could all be a ploy to get another team interested in Pierre to bite.

Ziggy
02-24-2010, 02:32 PM
No one knows for sure. It could all be a ploy.
Ive read rumors of alot of teams wanting to trade down, and a couple like NYG and NE wanting to trade up if /McClain/player of choice/ was there.
This could all be a ploy to get another team interested in Pierre to bite.

By the time the combine is over, Pierre will be considered a top 5 talent. Vernon Gholsten syndrome.

CoachChaz
02-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Don't know much about him either....But isnt he an OLB? If so would he be opposite doom? or in the same position? What about Ayers? Is Robert going to be on the line as a DE or an OLB. If its OLB is that not overkill for the position?

I just do not know much about the guy or how the broncos plan to use doom and ayers.

Personally, I would put Ayers back on the line. 10 more pounds and he'd be in great position to do it. The reason he is at the 3-4 OLB is because him and Larry English were monsters during the LB drills at the combine last year and so they were labeled as perfect for the 3-4 OLB spot. What alot of people forget is that Ayers did REALLY well in the DE and one on one drills

rcsodak
02-26-2010, 10:36 PM

C'mon, under.....since when did teams let it be known who they're going after....let alone, before the combine.
:confused:

Here's what McD is gonna do.

Suh - #11/3rd/champ
McCoy - 2nd/4th/BM/Sheff

Mark it down.

:elefant: