PDA

View Full Version : mcDaniels interview on 1600 am

titan
02-20-2010, 09:17 PM
Check out:

http://www.vicandgary.com/page/podcasts-1

for an interview McDaniels did on vic and gary's show last week.

Nothing too newsworthy - here's a summay:

McDaniels a nascar fan - "# of people who have to do their job well is 60 to 70 people. Very similar to football"
he attended the daytona 500 with his wife. He is going skiing for the 1st time this weekend.

what are you doing to prepare for the combine?

We just finalized a list. We get an opportunity to talk to 60 players privately
some players are more high profile, others will be drafted later on
we know what we want to accomplish.
I haven't met anybody coming out in this year's draft yet.
Hope when you come back you know alot more about the players than you do now

You can get good players at any point in the draft
We have guys who were college free agents last year that
stuck around all year Tony Carter Chris Baker Marquez Branson

You might get 1 player in the 1st round 1 in the 2nd but
you have an opportunity to get 15 to 20 players after the draft

is march 5th a big day?

We'll learn more at the combine. Uncertain time.
There will be some things that take place on march 5th - we'll be ready

sounds like brandon marshall is coming back?

sounds good. we can't control the cba but the incidents
from last year are past. I know what the best is in brandon marshall
and he's one of the best we have

what did you think of the onside kick in SB?

you make a decision and count on your players to execute. we had a great
onside kick against san diego, prater executed it perfectly, but we
didn't recover and san diego went on to score to go ahead 20-3.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-20-2010, 09:23 PM
Is there a link where you can listen to the interview?

Carl
02-20-2010, 09:27 PM
Thats not the right link

Denver Native (Carol)
02-20-2010, 09:32 PM
Thats not the right link

It does not appear they have the interview on their site. They do have the one they did with Coach McD on 2-11:

http://www.vicandgary.com/profiles/blogs/josh-mcdaniels-interview-2110

titan
02-20-2010, 09:43 PM
That podcast link I posted is to all their podcasts (8 of them). Scroll down and the McDaniels one is the 7th one on the list.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-20-2010, 10:00 PM
That podcast link I posted is to all their podcasts (8 of them). Scroll down and the McDaniels one is the 7th one on the list.

I must be doing something wrong - all I see is 3, and I see no way to expand the menu to see more.

titan
02-21-2010, 12:30 AM
I must be doing something wrong - all I see is 3, and I see no way to expand the menu to see more.

To the right of the 3 little green circles there is a black bar. click your mouse on that bar and slide it down - then you'll see the other podcasts on the site (There are 8 of them total)

Lonestar
02-21-2010, 12:41 AM
To the right of the 3 little green circles there is a black bar. click your mouse on that bar and slide it down - then you'll see the other podcasts on the site (There are 8 of them total)

could you post a link to it? mucho gracias

titan
02-21-2010, 10:26 AM
could you post a link to it? mucho gracias

There isn't a way to directly link to it that I saw. Go to:

go to the black bar to the right of the 3 green circles under podcasts, click and hold your mouse on the black bar, and scroll down to the McDaniels interview (#7 on the list). Vic and Gary were at a Boys Scouts breakfast and did several interviews (Meck, cu coach and athletic director, in addition to Mcd)

Elevation inc
02-21-2010, 10:33 AM
sounds like marshall will come back if there is no cba, also sounds like he likes tony carter, chris baker and marquez branbson(shefflers possible replacement????)

i am getting the feeling he also loves UDFA....he selected quite a few last year, i would imagine he will select quite a bit this year again as well......

Denver Native (Carol)
02-21-2010, 03:33 PM
There isn't a way to directly link to it that I saw. Go to:

go to the black bar to the right of the 3 green circles under podcasts, click and hold your mouse on the black bar, and scroll down to the McDaniels interview (#7 on the list). Vic and Gary were at a Boys Scouts breakfast and did several interviews (Meck, cu coach and athletic director, in addition to Mcd)

Thanks - good interview with Coach McD

silkamilkamonico
02-21-2010, 03:44 PM
sounds like marshall will come back if there is no cba, also sounds like he likes tony carter, chris baker and marquez branbson(shefflers possible replacement????)

i am getting the feeling he also loves UDFA....he selected quite a few last year, i would imagine he will select quite a bit this year again as well......

I'm pretty sure Quinn will replace Scheffler, as McDaniels likes more all around TE's in his lineup.

Lonestar
02-21-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm pretty sure Quinn will replace Scheffler, as McDaniels likes more all around TE's in his lineup.

Yes Blocking TE's are what is designed for this scheme.

If Tony would have been better perhaps he would be retained, but we should be getting at least a comp pick for him if not more.

Elevation inc
02-22-2010, 03:48 AM

i would imagine quinn is grahms lomng term replacement for next year when he leaves.... but quinn is still a bit raw....anyways i expect him and branson to battle for that 2 TE role.....we did carry 3 TE's last year so it wouldnt suprsie me to see both branson and quinn battling it for shefflers old role....and i actually prefered branson out of college over quinn but hey....who knows....

tsiguy96
02-22-2010, 06:19 AM
atleast we didnt give up anything for quinn, hopefully he turns into the dominant blocker he was in college...

Lonestar
02-22-2010, 08:15 AM
Looks like he will be and I suspect he will be a sleeper reciever also.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

TXBRONC
02-22-2010, 04:11 PM

When Quinn came out he was known for his blocking not his pass catching skills.

Lonestar
02-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Mainly because his college did not have a scheme that passed much to the TE.

However neither does Joshes.

Therfore the waste of a roster spot and money for Scheffler.

Let's hope we can get draft choices of value for him.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.