PDA

View Full Version : Pick the starting QB

Slick
09-08-2007, 06:14 PM
Help me pick a starter at QB.

:salute:

BroncoWave
09-08-2007, 06:45 PM
I would start McNabb. The Pack don't really have a RB so the Eagles are going to key on the passing game. Plus, when McNabb is healthy, he's a fantasy stud.

Slick
09-08-2007, 06:49 PM
Thanks. I had him penciled in, I just know we have a lot of Fantasy Footballers here and was looking for validation.

I promise I won't start threads like this every week, I am the defending champ in my league, and wanted to get off to a good start.

Thanks for any and all input.

Crush05
09-08-2007, 07:03 PM
I would also go with D.M.!!!:D

dogfish
09-08-2007, 10:21 PM
gotta be Dmac. . . he was putting up MVP-type numbers last year, IMO he's an every-week starter. . . favre throwing against a tough iggles secondary is a recipe for INT penalties. . .

Slick
09-08-2007, 10:33 PM
gotta be Dmac. . . he was putting up MVP-type numbers last year, IMO he's an every-week starter. . . favre throwing against a tough iggles secondary is a recipe for INT penalties. . .

Thanks for chiming in dogfish. Looks like it's a landslide.

omac
09-09-2007, 05:23 AM
I was going to vote McNabb, as the Eagles are twice better than Packers at defending against the pass, plus before getting injured, McNabb could put up some real good numbers. Then I checked the WRs of the Eagles, and I wasn't overly confident of either of them. With GB, you can at least rely on Driver, plus their 3rd WR has been impressive in the preseason. So, I vote for Favre.

(added) Btw, who was the other member who voted for Favre?

Broncomania96
09-09-2007, 06:38 AM
I was going to vote McNabb, as the Eagles are twice better than Packers at defending against the pass, plus before getting injured, McNabb could put up some real good numbers. Then I checked the WRs of the Eagles, and I wasn't overly confident of either of them. With GB, you can at least rely on Driver, plus their 3rd WR has been impressive in the preseason. So, I vote for Favre.

(added) Btw, who was the other member who voted for Favre?

The packers fan (me) voted for Favre of course :cool:. I think that Favre has the WRs in Jennings and Driver and if the running game struggles he could throw more and have a big game. The packers have a good defense and playing at home i think they will shut the Eagles down. You cant bring up the fact of last year becasue of the major knee injury that was supposed to take a year to heal, and how it will affect him. I think Favre is the smart hoice well Donavan McElmo could struggle in his first game back. I think with the home field edge and the improving defense Favre could do as good this season as he did in the past.

omac
09-09-2007, 07:22 AM
The packers fan (me) voted for Favre of course :cool:. I think that Favre has the WRs in Jennings and Driver and if the running game struggles he could throw more and have a big game. The packers have a good defense and playing at home i think they will shut the Eagles down. You cant bring up the fact of last year becasue of the major knee injury that was supposed to take a year to heal, and how it will affect him. I think Favre is the smart hoice well Donavan McElmo could struggle in his first game back. I think with the home field edge and the improving defense Favre could do as good this season as he did in the past.

Hehehe, real objective ay? :cheers:

I think you're right, though. I still think Favre is the best QB in the Packers team, and there will be a huge dropoff when he retires and Rodgers takes over.

Broncomania96
09-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Hehehe, real objective ay? :cheers:

I think you're right, though. I still think Favre is the best QB in the Packers team, and there will be a huge dropoff when he retires and Rodgers takes over.

I thought i made some pretty good points that actually made sense :tsk:

Oh well i guess im right then. Im not saying that only becasue im a packers but thats honestly what i think and the defense is improved and Favre is still Favre.

omac
09-09-2007, 08:08 AM
I thought i made some pretty good points that actually made sense :tsk:

Oh well i guess im right then. Im not saying that only becasue im a packers but thats honestly what i think and the defense is improved and Favre is still Favre.

Hehehe, I was kidding man. :beer: And like you, I'm rooting for the Packers. :cheers:

How well McMcNabb will play is still a question mark; that's a pretty long layoff, and off of an injury. Based on last season, GB's pass defense is just average, but the wide receivers of Philadelphia aren't even 1,000 yard receivers. Their #1's output is weaker than some team's #2, so I wouldn't be confident with that either. :cool:

Medford Bronco
09-09-2007, 11:38 AM
I also like the fact the Favre is at home and he did have a pretty good finish
last year. McNabb had a good 10 games but his team did struggle until Garcia played

I like Favre in this one

Slick
09-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Thanks everyone.. I'm sticking with McNabb, but I hate that my two Qb's are playing in the same game.

Someone will outshine the other.

I'm ready for Broncos Bills.

Go Broncos!!!!!

Broncomania96
09-09-2007, 01:04 PM
You spelt Favre wrong.

And neither QB is doing too good right now. But the packers are winning and thats all that matters.

Slick
09-09-2007, 01:46 PM
You spelt Favre wrong.

And neither QB is doing too good right now. But the packers are winning and thats all that matters.

FA--V--RE sorry man I meant no disrespect, although I wish he would have retired last year.

Yea neither one is tearin it up right now.

omac
09-10-2007, 01:12 AM
Imagine if you played Manning .... Eli Manning! What an awesome game! :eek:

Hope his injury isn't serious. Such a great start for him this season.