PDA

View Full Version : Dynasty League Draft question

SmilinAssasSin27
02-19-2010, 12:05 AM
The draft is upcoming in my dynasty league and I'm not sure what angle I wanna take. First off, my roster looks like this:

QB-Aaron Rodgers, Joe Flacco, Kevin Kolb and Josh Freeman

RB-Maurice Jones-Drew, Ray Rice, Thomas Jones, Knowshon Moreno and Brandon Jacobs

WR-Greg Jennings, Chad Ochocinco, Kenny Britt, Braylon Edwards, Eddie Royal and Robert Meachem

TE-Tony Gonzalez and Tony Scheffler

Clearly my weakest spot is at WR. I have pick #s 2, 12 and 14. I've already decided to take Dez Bryant at #2 if he is there...and he should be. The guy picking at #1 has terrible RBs. I'm okay w/ passing a potential stud RB cuz I have 3 very young RBs and 2 solid vets who clearly get the job done.

My issue is at #12 and 14. RBs like Ben Tate, Montario Hardesty and LaGarrette Blount are likely to be available but I am also toying w/ the idea of moving up a bit to like the 8-9 spot to ensure myself Arrelious Benn.

I know it's early and the real draft hasn't happened yet, but I feel I am in great shape for the now (best record...lost the Championship) and it's smarter to draft the better player regardless of situation since it's a dynasty league. Sooo...do I make the move for Benn and corner the market of the big play WRs of this draft, or do I go safe and get some more young QB talent for the future?

Also, Gresham would also likely be available at 12 and/or 14, but we also draft inactive rookie taxi squads and I really think I could get TEs like Ed Dickson or Rob Gronkowski at that time.

Skinny
02-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Sooo...do I make the move for Benn and corner the market of the big play WRs of this draft, or do I go safe and get some more young QB talent for the future?
If i had your lineup, i would make upgrading the WR position my #1 priority. With TE a very close second.

I would be more than fine with your current QBs right now.

CoachChaz
02-23-2010, 01:23 PM
I'd be more interested in Tate than Benn. Tate will be more of a game-breaker, IMO

underrated29
02-23-2010, 03:04 PM
Def take bryant at #2.

But I would not rule out the possiblity of drafting a clausen or bradford if still there. They both should do very well, and even though you QB are good, they would be an upgrade over freeman, or atleast good trade bait down the road.

I do not think you should go WR with both firsts, imo. But remember that the top 2 qbs could be playing for: stl, was, buf, den.--STL the qb wont have much, WAS would be a great spot for one of those qbs. They should produce well. BUF- is so so. And Here would be fantastic for them too.

SmilinAssasSin27
02-23-2010, 06:12 PM
I'd be more interested in Tate than Benn. Tate will be more of a game-breaker, IMO

I don't disagree. I just expect him to be gone in the top 6-8.

CoachChaz
02-24-2010, 01:29 PM
I don't disagree. I just expect him to be gone in the top 6-8.

Watch and see and if he falls, make a deal to move up for him. Otherwise look at Williams. I dont have a ton of faith in benn to be a stud. Shipley is another guy you could wait on that I think will put up good numbers in the right offense

SmilinAssasSin27
03-10-2010, 06:01 PM
Just made a blockbucter deal in my league.

I just gave up Ochocinco, Braylon, Brandon Jacobs and the #2 (as well as a future #1)
for
ANDRE JOHNSON, Donald Driver, the #7 and the #17

My WRs are now: Andre Johnson, Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, Kenny Britt and Robert Meachem.

My RBs are now: Jones-Drew, Ray Rice, Knowshon and Thomas Jones.

Soooooo....at #7, do ya like a Montario Hardesty, Joe McKnight, Ben Tate to deepen my RB roster OR keep w/ the Golden Tate/Arrelious Benn vision? I also have picks 12 and 14 so I could end up w/ next tier guys (arguably of course) like Demaryius Thomas, LaFell, Gerhart, Dixon, Blount, etc. What do ya think?

underrated29
03-10-2010, 06:06 PM
Just made a blockbucter deal in my league.

I just gave up Ochocinco, Braylon, Brandon Jacobs and the #2 (as well as a future #1)
for
ANDRE JOHNSON, Donald Driver, the #7 and the #17

My WRs are now: Andre Johnson, Greg Jennings, Donald Driver, Kenny Britt and Robert Meachem.

My RBs are now: Jones-Drew, Ray Rice, Knowshon and Thomas Jones.

Soooooo....at #7, do ya like a Montario Hardesty, Joe McKnight, Ben Tate to deepen my RB roster OR keep w/ the Golden Tate/Arrelious Benn vision? I also have picks 12 and 14 so I could end up w/ next tier guys (arguably of course) like Demaryius Thomas, LaFell, Gerhart, Dixon, Blount, etc. What do ya think?

How many rbs do you start each week...RB would be my first thought, but if you only start 2-3 then I migh try for WR. Dez, prolly wont be there at 7 but if he is you take him....

If not I like RB....

For some reason I am just not that high on golden tate- he concerns me.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-10-2010, 08:48 PM
we start 2RB and 2WR

SmilinAssasSin27
05-08-2010, 10:43 AM
JUST HAD OUR DRAFT.

Thru a series of trades and yesterday's draft, my team now looks like this:

QB-Aaron Rodgers, Kevin Kolb, Josh Freeman, Sam Bradford and John Skelton (taxi)

RB-Maurice Jones-Drew, Ray Rice, Donald Brown, Knowshon Moreno, Ricky Williams and Charles Scott (taxi)

WR-Greg Jennings, Andre Johnson, Kenny Britt, Mike Wallace, Muhammad Massaquoi, Demaryius Thomas, Golden Tate and Carlton Mitchell (taxi)

TE-Dallas Clark, Zach Miller and Dennis Pitta (taxi)

I have a standing offer that would get me Dez Bryant and Mike Williams of Tampa but I'd have to give up Demaryius Thomas and Donald Brown. I LOVE the fantasy prospects of Dez, but this would reduce my RB total to 4 and give me way too many WRs.

What do ya'll think?

underrated29
05-08-2010, 11:14 AM
JUST HAD OUR DRAFT.

Thru a series of trades and yesterday's draft, my team now looks like this:

QB-Aaron Rodgers, Kevin Kolb, Josh Freeman, Sam Bradford and John Skelton (taxi)

RB-Maurice Jones-Drew, Ray Rice, Donald Brown, Knowshon Moreno, Ricky Williams and Charles Scott (taxi)

WR-Greg Jennings, Andre Johnson, Kenny Britt, Mike Wallace, Muhammad Massaquoi, Demaryius Thomas, Golden Tate and Carlton Mitchell (taxi)

TE-Dallas Clark, Zach Miller and Dennis Pitta (taxi)

I have a standing offer that would get me Dez Bryant and Mike Williams of Tampa but I'd have to give up Demaryius Thomas and Donald Brown. I LOVE the fantasy prospects of Dez, but this would reduce my RB total to 4 and give me way too many WRs.

What do ya'll think?

no..

Williams sucks. So you basically be trading DT and Brown for the prospect of Dez. DT could just as easily have as good a year as bryant..(probably not but maybe close) and Brown will/should have a great year compared to both of them...

IMO maybe DT and brown for Dez and a solid RB.

SmilinAssasSin27
05-08-2010, 04:16 PM
That's what I figured. I actually have a much higher opinion of Williams. Although he was a douche at the Cuse, he is an amazing talent. But again, I also don't wanna sell my RBs short.

His RBs are Steven Jackson, Jamaal Charles, Brandon Jacobs, Fred Jackson, Marshawn Lynch and Arian Foster. I doubt he gives up SJax or Charles and I'm not sure what I think of Jacobs at this point.