PDA

View Full Version : So, i had something pretty cool happen to me yesterday.

Northman
02-18-2010, 06:11 PM
As i was doing my rounds for my job and ended up at TD Bank yesterday and generally after each stop i have the customer sign a slip of paper to show i was there. So anyway, i walk up to this lady to have her sign the slip and she noticed i was wearing shorts (which is something i do a lot of whether its summer or winter lol). And i said, yea, im from Colorado so im pretty used to cold weather and what not. So she goes "what part?" I said im from Aurora and she then went on to tell me she had a long time friend from there but he had recently moved to another location. So, i wasnt thinking too much of it as i talked to people before who have friends and family there.

But.... she then went on to tell me he used to play for the Denver Broncos and obviously my eyes broadened a bit. I said really? Who? She said she was longtime friends with Rod Smith and im like (talking like i know him personally too lol) You know Rod? No way. She said that they had been friends since their days in Texarkana, Ark. She said she was able to see a lot of games back then and even the Super Bowl wins. Obviously, i had never gotten to see John play live so i was quite envious. Never the less, she said that she had another friend who wanted a autographed picture signed by Rod and that she would get me one too. I didnt even ask for it but she said she would do it so im pretty stoked about that. Small world but not really a small world. :lol:

Zweems56
02-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Cool work story.

My work story from today goes a little something like this.... I take creative liberty with my school district's website, since they did sort of drop the job on me out of nowhere. I get told that taking creative liberty, regardless of how innocent, is a good way to get my ass fired. Sweet.

Post pics of the autograph when you get it!

Ziggy
02-18-2010, 06:44 PM
That's a great gesture on her part. My son played against Max Mccaffery last night in HS Bball. I was hoping his dad would be at the game, but he wasn't. His kid is good basketball player.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
02-18-2010, 07:32 PM
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u161/Revan9218/cool_story_bro.jpg

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
02-19-2010, 11:36 AM
I like how you say it's a small world, but not really a small world. That's just good, candid writing right there.

Buff
02-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Nice. I ran into Tyrone Braxton on the street last year... Shook his hand told him thanks for helping us win the back to back championships.

CoachChaz
02-19-2010, 03:24 PM
When i was growing up, my Mom was a restaurant manager. One of the waitresses at her restaurant happened to be a childhood friend of Elway and got me hooked up with an autographed jersey. That had to be a little over 20 years ago. Still have the jersey in a frame

MasterShake
02-19-2010, 03:56 PM
Awesome! Thats like meeting the man who shook Tom Hank's hand!

Just kidding! Make sure you post pics of the autograph when you get it. Thats awesome!

I've stated before, but it was really cool when I worked at a pharmacy in Littleton and got to know Karl Mecklenburg on a first name basis. Another weird story is I used to work graveyard shift security at Cherry Creek Mall and we used to have to drive people to their cars after hours if they wanted us to. Once I drove John Elway and one of his friends. I was in such shock I didn't get to say a word to him. I mumbled something when he got out but I can't remember what! :lol:

West
02-19-2010, 07:38 PM
Cool story, Northman.

My uncle played college ball with Atwater at Arkansas. He said the first day in pads his freshman year, he pulled, as a guard, on a sweep and Atwater lit his ass up. :lol::lol:

Northman
02-19-2010, 11:00 PM
Cool story, Northman.

My uncle played college ball with Atwater at Arkansas. He said the first day in pads his freshman year, he pulled, as a guard, on a sweep and Atwater lit his ass up. :lol::lol:

That would of been cool. Did you ever see the movie "Ready to Rumble"? lol

There was a scene where David Arquette ( i think it was him ) wanted to get smacked down by a wrestler and he was like "Me too, Me too". Thats probably how i would be facing Atwater even though it might be painful. :lol:

West
02-20-2010, 12:48 AM
That would of been cool. Did you ever see the movie "Ready to Rumble"? lol

There was a scene where David Arquette ( i think it was him ) wanted to get smacked down by a wrestler and he was like "Me too, Me too". Thats probably how i would be facing Atwater even though it might be painful. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:

Love that movie and I think i'd have to pass on that one.

pnbronco
02-20-2010, 12:58 AM
Very cool North. One of those gems that life gives us everyone once in awhile.

SoCalImport
02-20-2010, 05:48 AM
Um... I passed Freddy Mitchell in he airport once............................s'all I got. :nerd:

Cool story, man.

Broncolingus
02-20-2010, 02:20 PM
Great read, North!

(...and, if you just happen to get an 'extra' photo...;))

girler
02-20-2010, 06:25 PM
My brother used to date the dental assistant who did a bunch of the Avalanche players teeth. That's about all I got. :laugh:

Other than back in the early 80's when the Broncos' plane used to land on the tarmac and I tagged along with my sister to meet the plane after a big win over the Raiders. My sister was on her boyfriend's shoulders holding a giant sign saying "8-1 Alone at the top!" While she was trying to get on the news, I sneaked through the crowd and touched Rich Karlis. I never washed that hand again.... Well until the next morning when I took a shower. :lol:

OrangeHoof
02-20-2010, 09:15 PM
Cool story. I did a little time with broadcast media so I could name-drop a bunch but I won't. It's like cheating when they give you a press pass.

But I'll tell you a delivery story. It was my birthday two years ago and I took the day off work so I slept late when I heard a knock on my apartment door. I threw on enough clothes to be decent and answered the door. Standing there was a really hot blonde in shorts, at least an 8 or better.

"Finally! Somebody got me what I've always wanted for my birthday!," I muttered. Then I noticed the UPS emblem on her shirt. "Darn. Well, at least I got a gift! What did I get?"

As I'm just about to take the box from her and sign for it, she pulls it back. "Oh, wait!," she said impatiently. "Is this Building 5?"

"No," I told her. "This is Building 4. Building 5 is over there..."

"Oh, sorry!," she said and took the box back to her truck and drove off.

So, I got chased out of bed on my birthday and got no blonde and no gift. Not all birthdays are created equal.