View Full Version : New Hulk movie pics

MasterShake
03-13-2008, 12:11 AM
Pics of Hulk and Abomination

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/hulk.jpg
http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/abomination.jpg

shank
03-13-2008, 01:22 AM
the first one was one of the worst movies i have ever seen.

ed norton is one of my favorite actors.

this could be good or very bad... no idea which...

MasterShake
03-13-2008, 08:54 AM
As long as it's not a two hour movie about a scientist with daddy issues like the last one, it should be fine. This one has nothing to do with the last one, thankfully.

Cleveland Rocks
03-13-2008, 08:26 PM
That second guy looks pretty neat.

Requiem / The Dagda
03-13-2008, 11:44 PM
I remember throwing my drink at the screen 30 minutes into the first Hulk. That movie was terrible. I mean, WOW. Two hours of my life I'll never get back.

G_Money
03-14-2008, 12:54 PM
This is one thing that makes me nervous:

On the eve of the debut of the first trailer for Marvel and Universal's big-budget "The Incredible Hulk", word has leaked out at Deadline Hollywood Daily that a behind-the-scenes feud is underway.

Seems that the film's writer and lead star Edward Norton is in disagreement with Marvel Studios over editing and final cut of the film. Norton, director Louis Leterrier, Marvel Studios chairman David Maisel and Marvel Studios president of production Kevin Feige have apparently been in tense talks this week to try and resolve the problem.

When Norton boarded the project, one of the conditions was that he was "promised tremendous involvement and access" which included him rewriting Zak Penn's script. Now, with a month to go before the final cut of the film is 'locked', there's "a lot of posturing going on between Edward's camp and Marvel over how you edit the final version."

Norton has famously had some similar behind-the-scenes issues before with his films, notably "American History X" and "The Italian Job". There's fear that without his support the film could tank this Summer, and combined with Ang Lee's lacklustre 2003 take on "Hulk", it would pretty signal the end of any chance for the character having a film franchise.

The good news is that whatever the situation, the problems are expected to be resolved one way or another very quickly so this won't be drawn out at least.

American History X is one of the most incredible films, with a great Norton performance. And the changes he made there really worked.

He also famously phoned it in for the Italian Job (it was one of the last pics he was contracted to do for that studio, he didn't want to do it, and he fought with the director, writer, studio head etc and basically made an ass of himself).

So is this the former (a star with a lot of talent wanting to make the movie the best it can be) or the latter (a prima donna who is "slumming" in a superhero movie in order to get some cache and pull back who is making everyone's lives difficult to no real end)?

Norton CAN be great, but he can also suck.

Still, anything has to be better than that puke-fest that was the first one, right?

~G

MOtorboat
03-14-2008, 01:22 PM
This is one thing that makes me nervous:

American History X is one of the most incredible films, with a great Norton performance. And the changes he made there really worked.

He also famously phoned it in for the Italian Job (it was one of the last pics he was contracted to do for that studio, he didn't want to do it, and he fought with the director, writer, studio head etc and basically made an ass of himself).

So is this the former (a star with a lot of talent wanting to make the movie the best it can be) or the latter (a prima donna who is "slumming" in a superhero movie in order to get some cache and pull back who is making everyone's lives difficult to no real end)?

Norton CAN be great, but he can also suck.

Still, anything has to be better than that puke-fest that was the first one, right?

~G

I guess I had never heard that...what were the changes G...I love that movie.

BroncoJoe
03-14-2008, 01:24 PM
Mo, you're attracted to Abomonation, aren't you.

Yes, you love him....

G_Money
03-14-2008, 03:52 PM
I guess I had never heard that...what were the changes G...I love that movie.

http://film.guardian.co.uk/The_Oscars_1999/Story/0,,36397,00.html

Britain's most famous commercials director, Kaye was making his first feature with American History X. He gave us the snoozing penguin for British Rail, the bus blown up in front of a Volvo - and a history of what might be called event art. He paid a homeless man to wander the Tate; he put his car up as "Jewish car for sale" in the Sunday Times, and collected the ensuing correspondence. When he clashed with the studio, after the first cut of American History X was completed in May last year, he was never likely to keep quiet about his woes.

Squabbles between Kaye and New Line led to Norton editing parts of the movie. An unusual move - but by then, claimed New Line head Mike de Luca, he felt "like I'm protecting a child from an abusive parent, except that the child is our movie and the parent is its director." Kaye expresses his protests with full page ads in the trade papers, quoting from John Lennon and Edmund Burke, Einstein and Lincoln. He tried to get his name taken off the film's credits, but ironically he was stymied by the Director's Guild of America which rules you are not allowed publicly to criticise any film you direct anonymously.

Kaye extraordinarily filed a case against the Guild, for curtailing his right of free speech. But in terms of column inches, the story seems to have died away. Norton is inclined to brush it off, saying: "There's no 'My version'." He talks about "Tony's compulsion with hype art," hinting at a purposely-created controversy. But it leaves unanswered questions.

Kaye calls Norton a "narcissistic dilettante... obsessed with his image, obsessed with screen time"; someone who used his time in the cutting room to beef up his own part, who has "stabbed Kaye in the back" despite having been given the chance to do his best ever screen work. Because he's a "terrific actor" (something not even Kaye denies), Kaye suggests he mistakenly considers himself a director.

NameUsedBefore
03-15-2008, 01:16 PM
These Superhero movies fail too often for me. Spider-Man (first one) was alright, but besides that I really haven't liked any of 'em. I even found The Dark Knight to be pretty mediocre even though I'm a big Bale fan. The Punisher wasn't too bad because if you accept the budget of the movie you can take it for what it is -- a pretty standard, okay action flick. The problem is that these movies have gigantic budgets yet flop repeatedly even when they're trying hard.

I think trying to find a line between the splash of the actual comics with the rigidness that is reality is too tough a job. More power to the people who can manage to get it right, though. Those very few...

MasterShake
03-15-2008, 01:56 PM
These Superhero movies fail too often for me. Spider-Man (first one) was alright, but besides that I really haven't liked any of 'em. I even found The Dark Knight to be pretty mediocre even though I'm a big Bale fan. The Punisher wasn't too bad because if you accept the budget of the movie you can take it for what it is -- a pretty standard, okay action flick. The problem is that these movies have gigantic budgets yet flop repeatedly even when they're trying hard.

I think trying to find a line between the splash of the actual comics with the rigidness that is reality is too tough a job. More power to the people who can manage to get it right, though. Those very few...

I can name tons of comic book movies that got it right. Batman Begins, Spiderman 1 and 2, Hellboy, Sin City, V for Vendetta, Superman I and II, Batman 1989, etc. And I'm pretty happy with how Iron Man is coming along from what I've seen as well. The only property they can NEVER seem to get right in movies is Video Games.

NameUsedBefore
03-15-2008, 03:47 PM
I wasn't a fan of Batman Begins... Spiderman 1 was good, second bleh... Hellboy, meh. Sin City was a great adaptation, forgot about that one (the best of them all IMO). 300 was a joke, though. V for Vendetta, meh. Never seen the Superman's. Batman with Nicholson is about the only Batman movie I like.

Dick Tracy was another one I forgot, I liked that one a lot.

Video game adaptations blow cause they always get the same guy to do the majority of them. Uwe Boll or something, who is a horrible film-maker. Silent Hill is the only video-game movie I can think of that was decent.