PDA

View Full Version : No respect from anyone!!!!!!!:confused:

Crush05
09-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Vic's Picks: Another big season for the Patriots
By Vic Carucci | NFL.com

One man's predictions for the 2007 season:

AFC Champion: New England. Although the early-season absences of defensive end Richard Seymour (knee, six games) and safety Rodney Harrison (suspension, four games) will pose some challenges, they shouldn't be enough to derail the Patriots' run to Arizona for Super Bowl XLII. They still have plenty of defensive playmakers, including new linebacker Adalius Thomas. They have a great quarterback in Tom Brady, who has more receiving talent than ever. They have the best coach in the game, Bill Belichick. And they're still hungry for championships.

NFC Champion: Philadelphia. With a healthy Donovan McNabb, a strong group of receivers, a solid running game, and a playmaking defense, the Eagles have all of the necessary ingredients to return to the Super Bowl. Andy Reid has had plenty of personal challenges with his family, but he is a man of strong character and focus. Marty Mornhinweg's offensive play-calling brings balance that will allow the Eagles to get the most out of McNabb and the rest of the passing game.

Lisa Blumenfeld / Getty Images
Look for Chargers linebacker Shawne Merriman to pick up where he left off last season.

Super Bowl winner: New England.

Offensive MVP: Tom Brady, QB, New England. Brady's vastly improved receiving corps should allow him to put up the best numbers of his career. LaDainian Tomlinson, the 2006 MVP, and Peyton Manning will be in the hunt.

Defensive MVP: Shawne Merriman, LB, San Diego. He was a leading candidate a year ago, but a suspension for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy cost him. As long as he plays it straight, his dominant performance should allow him to be recognized as the undisputed top defensive player in the league.

Offensive Rookie of the Year: Calvin Johnson, WR, Detroit. He should thrive in Mike Martz's pass-happy offense … provided Jon Kitna, who has a tendency to take too many sacks and make too many questionable throwing decisions, can get the ball in his hands.

Defensive Rookie of the Year: Paul Posluszny, LB, Buffalo. He shows remarkable instincts and quickness, always putting himself wherever the ball is located. The guy is a tackling machine who will be extremely busy behind the shaky middle of the Bills' defensive line.

Comeback Player of the Year: Donovan McNabb, QB, Philadelphia. He seems mostly recovered from the torn right ACL he suffered last November -- an injury that was supposed to require a year to heal -- and ready to lead the Eagles to another Super Bowl.

Ask Vic

Have a question for Vic on anything NFL related? Don't just sit there -- send it to AskVic@nfl.com, and the best questions will be answered throughout the season right here on NFL.com!Coach of the Year: Norv Turner, San Diego. He'll receive this honor mostly for what he won't do, which is screw up a great thing. He'll also deserve props for enhancing the development of Philip Rivers into a top-notch quarterback.

Executive of the Year: Scott Pioli, New England. Working closely with Bill Belichick, he oversaw arguably the best offseason that any team has had in recent memory. And the Patriots were pretty good before they made their several impressive acquisitions.

Highest-impact Free Agent: Travis Henry, RB, Denver. He should have little trouble proving why the Broncos were so quick to snatch him up after he was released by Tennessee

Kapaibro
09-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Welcome to life as a Broncos fan!

silver_black
09-08-2007, 03:17 PM
whats so disrespectful? or rather what is it exactly he should be respecting?

:confused:

Nomad
09-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Not that they've ever gotten any respect even during the SB years, but this team has to prove their worth before getting mentioned in the same sentence as the elite teams out there, then again they could go 16-0 and still get no respect.

Crush05
09-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Welcome to life as a Broncos fan!

I know it is the same song and dance as usuall! We can't get hardly anyone into Canton and we get no respect from anyone! I hope we pound everyone this year and make everyone take a step back and say hey we were wrong!!!!!

Crush05
09-08-2007, 03:20 PM
whats so disrespectful? or rather what is it exactly he should be respecting?

:confused:

Ahhhh a punk from the Faiders side! Hey if I wanted to here from you I would have farted!!!!:boxing:

The Dark Knight
09-08-2007, 03:22 PM
Ahhhh a punk from the Faiders side! Hey if I wanted to here from you I would have farted!!!!:boxing:

Haha, an oldie but a goodie.

Crush05
09-08-2007, 03:23 PM
Haha, an oldie but a goodie.

Thanks Dark! I missed you coming over! Welcome!!!!:welcome:

Kapaibro
09-08-2007, 03:29 PM
I know it is the same song and dance as usuall! We can't get hardly anyone into Canton and we get no respect from anyone! I hope we pound everyone this year and make everyone take a step back and say hey we were wrong!!!!!

We could go 16-0 and win the SB 60-0, and still we would get no respect.

That's just how it is.

silver_black
09-08-2007, 03:40 PM

is this the smack forum? no matter i dont mind embarrassing you in front of your friends right here.

Crush05
09-08-2007, 03:44 PM
is this the smack forum? no matter i dont mind embarrassing you in front of your friends right here.

:scared:ooooohh you are all that and a ball of wax!!!!

BroncoAV06
09-08-2007, 03:44 PM

Is your avatar the smack forum?

bengaaaaals1688
09-08-2007, 03:53 PM
They talked about a total of 2 teams... what exactly are you talking about??:confused:

Crush05
09-08-2007, 03:56 PM
They talked about a total of 2 teams... what exactly are you talking about??:confused:

Ahhh a bungles fan now! Two teams yes! But look at the players of the year!!!! Please!!! We will have a player or two in there! What will you have? I will give you one Palmer!!!

silver_black
09-08-2007, 03:56 PM
:scared:ooooohh you are all that and a ball of wax!!!!
you dont know me, but you should pretend like you do :wave:

Is your avatar the smack forum?

not exactly but it is funny. is your sig? how ridiculous. :rolleyes:

BroncoAV06
09-08-2007, 03:59 PM

Well I guess sometimes as a fan you just think everything should be about your team. I have no problem with everyone talking about everyone else. The Hall of Fame thing is an issue that bothers me, but along the lines of columns by writers, its their opinion. Not everything writen is going to be about the Broncos. They get there stories and such but they are just a team that does not get the attention of say the Colts/Patriots/Cowboys? etc.. winning 3 Super Bowls in 5 years helps a little as well.

Crush05
09-08-2007, 04:00 PM
you dont know me, but you should pretend like you do :wave:

not exactly but it is funny. is your sig? how ridiculous. :rolleyes:

I do know you! Your the homeless kid on the corner wishing he had a real family like we do here! It is okay though, we can be nice to a charity case!!!! Would you like a cookie?

silver_black
09-08-2007, 04:05 PM
I do know you! Your the homeless kid on the corner wishing he had a real family like we do here! It is okay though, we can be nice to a charity case!!!! Would you like a cookie?

im the seasoned vet. you're the new guy who cant tell the smack forum from the general forum. :tsk:

what specifically should writers be respecting about the Broncos?

i still dont get the original post

RunYouOver
09-08-2007, 04:12 PM
Sorry Crush, but I agree with bengaaaals and silver black here.

I don't see anything disrespectful.

I think we might, but I could easily see why people would think we can't get to the championship game and super bowl.

We don't have a legit offensive or OROY candidate.

And Champ has a good shot, but he may not win DPOY, and we don't really have any of our rookie's starting on D, so no candidate for that either.

This is just an article...not a sign of disrespect.

arapaho2
09-08-2007, 04:56 PM
well i dont want respect given before the season....i want my broncos to go into the season and take it!!...make people respect us by force, that is the way i want it

BroncoWave
09-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Where was he disrespectful? I could realistically see all those predictions coming true. Maybe the Colts instead of the Patsies but other than that, they are all solid predictions. I think we have a team that could go to the SB but just because we aren't picked to go there doesn't mean we are being disrespected. The Colts and Pats have earned the right to be picked in the preseason. We haven't yet.

Crush05
09-08-2007, 06:24 PM
Sorry Crush, but I agree with bengaaaals and silver black here.

I don't see anything disrespectful.

I think we might, but I could easily see why people would think we can't get to the championship game and super bowl.

We don't have a legit offensive or OROY candidate.

And Champ has a good shot, but he may not win DPOY, and we don't really have any of our rookie's starting on D, so no candidate for that either.

This is just an article...not a sign of disrespect.

Did I say disrespectful? Hmmm I think not! I said we are not given any respect at all that be it good or bad!!! I did not say they are bashing us or saying we are nothing! If you were to read the headline of the thread was "no respect!" Maybe I chose my words badly, if so let me know but I stand my ground nowhwere did I say disrespect!! :D

Crush05
09-08-2007, 06:27 PM
I'm thinking the same thing... How about this team steamrolls people before we worry about respect?

Travis Henry did make the list, and Champ Bailey is All World -- but as of now I don't really think we deserve much more then that. :8ball:

We can agree to disagree then! Heck I respect all teams even the Raiders and Bengals! Any team any year can do anything!!!! All I am saying here I guess is that the writers and the NFL have thier favorites and it gets old!

BroncoAV06
09-08-2007, 06:30 PM
Well the opposite of respect is disrespect so I think thats why we all thought that.

BroncoWave
09-08-2007, 06:34 PM
Did I say disrespectful? Hmmm I think not! I said we are not given any respect at all that be it good or bad!!! I did not say they are bashing us or saying we are nothing! If you were to read the headline of the thread was "no respect!" Maybe I chose my words badly, if so let me know but I stand my ground nowhwere did I say disrespect!! :D

Why should we be given respect over the Pats or Cotls, teams that have proven themselves time and time again? Heck, he said Henry will have the best FA impact. The only other thing you could argue that the Broncos deserved is DPOY. Other than, I don't see why he should have given us any more respect than he did.

Crush05
09-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Well the opposite of respect is disrespect so I think thats why we all thought that.

As far as saying all thought that! The word disrespect only came up towards the end of the thread now as we see it! By the way you can have respect, disrespect and you could even have no respect at all! If you can understand that! That is how I feel though!

Crush05
09-08-2007, 06:38 PM
Why should we be given respect over the Pats or Cotls, teams that have proven themselves time and time again? Heck, he said Henry will have the best FA impact. The only other thing you could argue that the Broncos deserved is DPOY. Other than, I don't see why he should have given us any more respect than he did.

Okay you say the Pats and the Colts have proven themselves year after year. Only one team IMO has done that and that is the Pats! If you want to say one ring in how many years for the colts makes them deserve it! I disagree!

bengaaaaals1688
09-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Ahhh a bungles fan now! Two teams yes! But look at the players of the year!!!! Please!!! We will have a player or two in there! What will you have? I will give you one Palmer!!!

Ahh a moron fan now. Look at the players of the year... now make a legit case for someone not named Champ Bailey to even have a slight chance at making any of them. Good luck because I can come up with at least 2 from our offense that could become player of the year, as well as one rookie that if he has a great campaign like expected could end up in the running for DROY. You apparently know nothing about the Bengals, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with their predicitions for player of the year because every single one of them actually has a chance at being true. Start to pay attention to more than the Broncos and maybe you will be able to start making sense.

Crush05
09-08-2007, 06:41 PM
No prob... We both want to see the Broncos win. Personally I think the media is fickle and quite a few writers don't know ****, but that's just the way it is. We got a whole lot of ESPN coverage too during the 1997-1998 seasons.... it's just a matter of riding on who's hot.

I agree!!!!

BroncoWave
09-08-2007, 06:41 PM
Okay you say the Pats and the Colts have proven themselves year after year. Only one team IMO has done that and that is the Pats! If you want to say one ring in how many years for the colts makes them deserve it! I disagree!

So you are saying we deserve more respect than the Colts? A team that owns us, almost always has a better record than us, and is the defending champs? Do I think we can beat them and have a better record than them? Sure. But we by no means deserve more respect that them at this point in time. I like the Broncos as much as you, but you have to look at things objectively when breaking down teams.

bengaaaaals1688
09-08-2007, 06:42 PM
So you are saying we deserve more respect than the Colts? A team that owns us, almost always has a better record than us, and is the defending champs? Do I think we can beat them and have a better record than them? Sure. But we by no means deserve more respect that them at this point in time. I like the Broncos as much as you, but you have to look at things objectively when breaking down teams.

Shhh objectivity isn't a real word to him and you may just scare him by using it.

Crush05
09-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Ahh a moron fan now. Look at the players of the year... now make a legit case for someone not named Champ Bailey to even have a slight chance at making any of them. Good luck because I can come up with at least 2 from our offense that could become player of the year, as well as one rookie that if he has a great campaign like expected could end up in the running for DROY. You apparently know nothing about the Bengals, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with their predicitions for player of the year because every single one of them actually has a chance at being true. Start to pay attention to more than the Broncos and maybe you will be able to start making sense.

This comes from a team that made headlines for all of the off field problems last year! Oh wai that is right I do not pay attention to any other teams but my own! Just so you know I think your team has one of the best corner tandems in the league! But then once again I do not pay attention to other teams! By the way your still the bungles!!!

bengaaaaals1688
09-08-2007, 06:47 PM
This comes from a team that made headlines for all of the off field problems last year! Oh wai that is right I do not pay attention to any other teams but my own! Just so you know I think your team has one of the best corner tandems in the league! But then once again I do not pay attention to other teams! By the way your still the bungles!!!

My team has nowhere near one of the best corner tandems in the league... what exactly are you talking about?? We have a decent one with the ability to be good, but not even close to one of the best. And I am very proud that you know about our off-field problems last year when they are the only things ESPN talked about, and also happen to be completely irrelevant right now because we have had a total of one arrest since January.

By the way... Bungles is just a ridiculously half-assed insult now considering the Bengals have quickly become a team that worries almost every coach on their schedule because of their offense.

BroncoAV06
09-08-2007, 06:50 PM

Its not coming from a team, it is coming from a fan that did not get assrested or have anything to do with what the Bengals players did to get into trouble. It is not fair to lump him into that catagory just because he has a different opinion.

I know I have my trouble doing that to Raider fans because everyone of them I have meet are punks, but there has to be a decent fan out there somewhere! Maybe?

Did you say you thing the Bengals have one of the top tandems in the league??

Crush05
09-08-2007, 06:51 PM

I can see your point! But to give a team all that and then some I disagree on! I do not recall it for the Bucs or the Ravens! Do you? I feel they got the raw end of the deal there! Once again I have been misquoted! I did not say disrespect! I said no respect! IMO getting no respect is different than disrespect!

Crush05
09-08-2007, 06:53 PM
Its not coming from a team, it is coming from a fan that did not get assrested or have anything to do with what the Bengals players did to get into trouble. It is not fair to lump him into that catagory just because he has a different opinion.

I know I have my trouble doing that to Raider fans because everyone of them I have meet are punks, but there has to be a decent fan out there somewhere! Maybe?

Did you say you thing the Bengals have one of the top tandems in the league??

For corners yes!!! As far as any good Raiders fans out there.... yes there are we met some when we went to Oakland last year for the Denver game!!

lex
09-08-2007, 11:36 PM
Not seeing what so bad. The only thing slightly disrespectful was what he said about Merriman. Champ Bailey had what could have been the best year for any CB ever, yet he acts like its a foregone conclusion that Merriman will be MVP. w/e. It would be easy to dismiss this guy except I think he is one of the HOF voters and we all know that alone provides a reason to scrutinize what he says. Still though, it would be better to fly under the radar with all the new pieces.

sneakers
09-08-2007, 11:57 PM
Who really cares who these people (sports writers) pick? Do they have any outcome in the game?