PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Rare NES Games Sells for over $13,000

Devilspawn
02-15-2010, 03:29 PM
An old game console handed a mother an amount of $13,105. The real reason for the price however is a very rare game that was bundled with it.

A Nintendo Entertainment System (NES) was sold on eBay by a mother from Haw River, North Carolina. She was rummaging though her kids’ old things in the basement and found the console with five games. She put it on her eBay account (account name lace_thongs35) last February 3 with a price of $9.99.

Within hours, the price shot to $5,000 until it finally closed February 10 at $13,105.

What are those five games?

They are: TMNT II: The Arcade Game, Super Mario Bros 3, MLB, the combo Mario Bros. and Duck Hunt cartridge and the reason for the high price, the ultra rare title called Stadium Events.

Stadium Events was released by Bandai in 1986 for Japan, 1987 for North America and 1988 for Europe. It is believed that there are only around 10 copies left for this game. It is ranked 6th in the list Holy Grails of Console Game Collecting. It’s a list covering all gaming systems in all countries.

A report by NBC indicates that the box of the game itself is worth $10,000.
The reason why I'm posting this is because my grandfather brought a whole bunch of Olympic type games so I suspected this was one of them. I called my cousin who I traded most of my NES games to and sure enough, this was one of them. My cuz said he traded it to his cousin (no relation to me) for a Neo Geo. I had no idea it was rare. His cousin may still have it but he said he hasn't spoken to him in years. They both live in Japan so it's not like I can get to touch it again. :mad:

From what I remember, it was eh. There was one event I liked but I forget which one. Still got Bionic Commando though. :/

Shazam!
02-15-2010, 03:44 PM
There are people posting all over Craigslist looking for Stadium Events for like $10 and to resell it on Ebay for thousands.

Devilspawn
02-15-2010, 03:45 PM
Yeah they need to find a fool. Before the vast knowledge in the internet, like 1990 :mad: that could've been a cool trick.

Devilspawn
03-01-2010, 01:47 PM
Found out that this game needed a floor mat, so this wasn't the game I thought I had and traded away. Whew!

MileHighCrew
03-01-2010, 02:51 PM
I found Final Fantasy VII black label for PS in my basement this weekend in mint condition, I read it is worth a little bit because it is rare. Not sure how I want to sell it though, points on Goozex.com or on ebay?

MasterShake
03-01-2010, 04:26 PM
I found Final Fantasy VII black label for PS in my basement this weekend in mint condition, I read it is worth a little bit because it is rare. Not sure how I want to sell it though, points on Goozex.com or on ebay?

Black label Final Fantasy VII and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night are worth a lot, but I think they have to be unopened for the big bucks. Probably still a couple hundred open, though.

The original Playstation System itself is worth well over $500 if you have the right model number. Audiophiles and DJ's like to use it because it functions just as well as a high-end CD player because of the audio jacks.

MileHighCrew
03-01-2010, 04:37 PM
That is a lot more than I though. I was thinking $40ish

MasterShake
03-01-2010, 04:58 PM
That is a lot more than I though. I was thinking $40ish

I just checked e-bay. Opened go for $100-150 and unopened go up to about $299. I'd just hang on to it, its not like video games are going out of style. I'd kill to have some of my old Intellivision and NES cartridges back. Not to sell, but to play! :D

Thank god for emulators, but its not the same...

NightTrainLayne
03-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Black label Final Fantasy VII and Castlevania: Symphony of the Night are worth a lot, but I think they have to be unopened for the big bucks. Probably still a couple hundred open, though.

The original Playstation System itself is worth well over $500 if you have the right model number. Audiophiles and DJ's like to use it because it functions just as well as a high-end CD player because of the audio jacks.

Original Playstation is worth money? I think I still have mine out in the garage somewhere collecting dust. . .don't even know where exactly it's at. I guess I should sell it, if my wife didn't sell it for $3 at the last garage sale we had.

MileHighCrew
03-01-2010, 05:42 PM
I just checked e-bay. Opened go for $100-150 and unopened go up to about $299. I'd just hang on to it, its not like video games are going out of style. I'd kill to have some of my old Intellivision and NES cartridges back. Not to sell, but to play! :D

Thank god for emulators, but its not the same...

I sold my intellivision on ebay a few years ago. The problem is being in the military I move a lot (4 times in the last 5 years) stuff goes missing or gets broken, better to sell it now while I still have it I think. It is opened but in mint condition, I don't think I ever got around to playing it.

MasterShake
03-01-2010, 06:01 PM
Original Playstation is worth money? I think I still have mine out in the garage somewhere collecting dust. . .don't even know where exactly it's at. I guess I should sell it, if my wife didn't sell it for $3 at the last garage sale we had.

Has to be a certain serial number, google will know!

MasterShake
03-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Its the original PS1 with a 6 pin audio connector model number SCPH-1001.

Heres a snippet of the review that got the ball rolling:

During all this audio fun, my pal Pete Riggle stopped by with an audio underground digital favorite, the Sony Playstation 1 (Model No. SCPH-1001). I had heard rumors of just how good this particular version of the PS1 is when used as a CD player and was curious to give it a listen. This video game player really does have outstanding audio performance. I'm guessing you'd have to spend more than $6000 on a one-box CD player to equal let alone better it.

So there you are, the first Music Lovers recommended system consisting of the Sony Playstation 1 as a Redbook digital source, Shindo silver interconnects, Leben CS600 integrated amplifier, Auditorium 23 speaker cables, and Harbeth Super HL5 loudspeakers sitting on Skylan stands. It's a slam-dunk musical treat that's ridiculously good where it counts - with the music!

I guess normal CD players with that kind of sound quality run $3-6,000 and people buy these up on Ebay all the time. I saw one sold there when looking just now for $200, and this one has a "Buy It Now!" of $100:http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-SONY-PS1-SCPH-1001-COMPLETE-AUDIOPHILES-DREAM_W0QQitemZ290387571547QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVide o_Games?hash=item439c72b35b#ht_6723wt_1167

Not as good as you could have got just a few years ago when the craze started, but not bad for a 15 year old system.

Shazam!
03-01-2010, 10:08 PM
FFVII isnt worth all that much.

sneakers
03-02-2010, 12:54 AM
I have Ogre Battle for the SNES and N64 (as well as a bunch of the Romance of the three kingdoms) that would sell very well if I ever wanted to sell them

NameUsedBefore
03-02-2010, 01:01 AM
Its the original PS1 with a 6 pin audio connector model number SCPH-1001.

Heres a snippet of the review that got the ball rolling:

I guess normal CD players with that kind of sound quality run $3-6,000 and people buy these up on Ebay all the time. I saw one sold there when looking just now for $200, and this one has a "Buy It Now!" of $100:http://cgi.ebay.com/ORIGINAL-SONY-PS1-SCPH-1001-COMPLETE-AUDIOPHILES-DREAM_W0QQitemZ290387571547QQcmdZViewItemQQptZVide o_Games?hash=item439c72b35b#ht_6723wt_1167

Not as good as you could have got just a few years ago when the craze started, but not bad for a 15 year old system.

Alternatively, just snoop around the garage sales of the unaware.

Shazam!
03-02-2010, 02:15 AM
One would think all retro consoles (and I dont mean PS1) and games would fetch a hefty price but that isnt the case a lot of the time, especially in used game retailers.

MasterShake
03-02-2010, 09:16 AM
One would think all retro consoles (and I dont mean PS1) and games would fetch a hefty price but that isnt the case a lot of the time, especially in used game retailers.

Its because unless you have them mint in box, they are easy to find. Our flea market out here has a whole booth filled with loose Genesis, SNES, and NES games for under $10. They are just not very rare.

sneakers
03-21-2010, 01:42 AM
8 very rare (and very expensive) video games :

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/03/20/mf.rich.off.video.games/

too lazy to copy and paste the article here:

FanInAZ
03-21-2010, 01:49 AM
too lazy to copy and paste the article here:

:D Slacker :D

Devilspawn
03-21-2010, 03:42 AM
The oldest one I have is called a Home Video Game System, circa 1979. It's basically what became the Atari 2600. I have about 20 games, two joysticks, two controllers for racing and tennis games and I THINK there was a gun that came with it, but I can't locate it. The whole shebang isn't worth what I thought it was, but it's condition is still tip top.

Arkansas Bronco
03-21-2010, 02:15 PM
I have Ogre Battle for the SNES and N64 (as well as a bunch of the Romance of the three kingdoms) that would sell very well if I ever wanted to sell them

Lost my SNES version along time ago. Funny thing is I hooked up my N64 about a week ago just for Ogerbattle 64.