PDA

View Full Version : Does the team seem a little too somber or disinterested?

The Dark Knight
09-08-2007, 08:15 AM
The team still seems like they're depressed.

All the interviews I've seen makes me think that they could care less what happens this year.

Maybe that's not completely accurate but I'm definalty getting a different feeling from them.

And I can tell you one thing, it's not the feeling I was getting from the Colts Thursday night. This guys were jacked up and feeling good!

We look like we just want to get this over with.

Anyone else see this?

Or am I just seeing things?

SBboundBRONCOS
09-08-2007, 08:25 AM
please dont start this idea up again

sure they are probably still mourning the loses but i believe that they are over it for the most part . . . .kind of like what everybody goes through losing a loved one, it doesnt destroy them

but they all seem excited too me, bly and champ are talking the talk and about to walk the walk come tom.

nothing ive seen shoes them disinterested, but more patiently waiting to get out there, and keep a calm level head (i think Jay has something to do with this) but the last couple years we let things get ahead of us a we ended up triping over our mouths, and egos in the opener

i much rather have the win then see our players excited, maybe if you point me at what your watching id have a better idea, but i just dont see it, i see a team with a lot to prove (they will) and a team that is just as excited as others just they show it in a different way

The Dark Knight
09-08-2007, 08:34 AM
please dont start this idea up again

sure they are probably still mourning the loses but i believe that they are over it for the most part . . . .kind of like what everybody goes through losing a loved one, it doesnt destroy them

but they all seem excited too me, bly and champ are talking the talk and about to walk the walk come tom.

nothing ive seen shoes them disinterested, but more patiently waiting to get out there, and keep a calm level head (i think Jay has something to do with this) but the last couple years we let things get ahead of us a we ended up triping over our mouths, and egos in the opener

i much rather have the win then see our players excited, maybe if you point me at what your watching id have a better idea, but i just dont see it, i see a team with a lot to prove (they will) and a team that is just as excited as others just they show it in a different way

Well, It's been pretty much everything I've seen since training camp.

I definatly don't see as much excitement as we've had in years past.

I see players going through the motions.

I was hoping that alot of out new guys would liven things up a bit, but I still see a dark cloud looming over the organization.

SBboundBRONCOS
09-08-2007, 08:43 AM
but i mean these are interviews, are the people supposed to be like running around and jumping and saying oh were gonna kick the bills butts come sunday, what are you looking for.

idk i guess i just dont see what you see, i see a young team that handles themselves very maturly and carries themselves in a good manner when the camera are on them!

just my opinion but i think we have a much better team than last year, although they are very inexperienced. and thats exactly what i want to see from them,

i think Jay and Co. want to prove themselves before touting their horn and then they shoot themselves in the foot again and shove it in their mouth like they did last year missing the playoffs after going 13-3 the year before (just shows how quick change can happen)

The Dark Knight
09-08-2007, 08:52 AM
but i mean these are interviews, are the people supposed to be like running around and jumping and saying oh were gonna kick the bills butts come sunday, what are you looking for.

idk i guess i just dont see what you see, i see a young team that handles themselves very maturly and carries themselves in a good manner when the camera are on them!

just my opinion but i think we have a much better team than last year, although they are very inexperienced. and thats exactly what i want to see from them,

i think Jay and Co. want to prove themselves before touting their horn and then they shoot themselves in the foot again and shove it in their mouth like they did last year missing the playoffs after going 13-3 the year before (just shows how quick change can happen)

Yeah, I think our team is better than last year too but that's not saying much.

I'm not asking them to toot their horn. That's not the Bronco way anyway.

It's just a feeling I'm getting.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

BroncoWave
09-08-2007, 09:46 AM

All the interviews I've seen makes me think that they could care less what happens this year.

Maybe that's not completely accurate but I'm definalty getting a different feeling from them.

And I can tell you one thing, it's not the feeling I was getting from the Colts Thursday night. This guys were jacked up and feeling good!

Anyone else see this?

I think you're looking too much into it. We will be fine IMO.

omac
09-08-2007, 10:34 AM
Maybe it's because there's a whole lot of new guys in the team, and they lost some teammates who've been with them for quite some time. Maybe there's a bit of an adjustment period. I sure hope there's a comedian on the team to lighten things up; they need an occasional break from being serious.

BroncoWave
09-08-2007, 10:43 AM
Maybe it's because there's a whole lot of new guys in the team, and they lost some teammates who've been with them for quite some time. Maybe there's a bit of an adjustment period. I sure hope there's a comedian on the team to lighten things up; they need an occasional break from being serious.

Quick! Bring back Shannon Sharpe! :D

Retired_Member_001
09-08-2007, 11:04 AM

Actually we have all (including me) been going on at D.J. Williams for not being a leader but D.J. seems to be known as one of the comedians on the team. This doesn't make him "the leader" but it does help the team and it does help D.J. build a better relationship with the other players.

Krugan
09-08-2007, 11:37 AM
I get the same feeling TDK, it just deosnt feel like the start of the season.

I dont know maybe its just me, but the fire and excitement just isnt being put out there from this group of guys.

Ill wait until abot 2pm Sunday before I decide if its realistic or just my own issues :)

omac
09-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Quick! Bring back Shannon Sharpe! :D

Yep, we could use a little more of his charisma and attitude. :rockon:

omac
09-08-2007, 12:05 PM
Actually we have all (including me) been going on at D.J. Williams for not being a leader but D.J. seems to be known as one of the comedians on the team. This doesn't make him "the leader" but it does help the team and it does help D.J. build a better relationship with the other players.

That's good to know. The Broncos will need that specially when things start to get tense during the season.

anton...
09-08-2007, 12:09 PM
lets hope they fire up come game time...

because i too hope my spidy senses are wrong...
________
xNAUGHTYNAOMIx (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/cam/xNAUGHTYNAOMIx/)

pnbronco
09-08-2007, 11:36 PM
TDK is don't really think that the team is disinterested. I just think it has been a super tough year on them in so many different ways. First Darrent was murdered, then Damien dies in such a sudden manner. Two of their long time leaders Al and Rod are not in front and center like normal. I don't want to get into a Jake vs Jay thing, but Jake had a energy that is infectious, I have seen it first hand more than once. There have so many changes and I think it just takes time to adjust. I hope like many have said that once the season starts everything will gel. I am so impressed with everyone on this board that you can have a worry and not get jumped on.

TXBRONC
09-08-2007, 11:41 PM
Well, It's been pretty much everything I've seen since training camp.

I definatly don't see as much excitement as we've had in years past.

I see players going through the motions.

I was hoping that alot of out new guys would liven things up a bit, but I still see a dark cloud looming over the organization.

Maybe that just misconception on your part. Maybe you're just reading it wrong. At least I sure hope you are.

lex
09-08-2007, 11:47 PM

Anyone else see this?

I think you have a point. I think the entire team is on suicide watch and, if not, they should be.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
09-09-2007, 12:06 AM
I think you're misreading something.

However, I think your end result might be accurate.

I'd imagine the defense is excited about the new scheme and really focused on learning it. I'd imagine the offense is excited to see what they have in Cutler. But in the end, we are really depending on alot of 1st-2nd year players, and I could definitely see this year as a "growing pains" type of year. Maybe some veterans get that feeling too, but I don't really see it.

crazychrsit21
09-09-2007, 12:08 AM
all i know is taht once your on the field, outside emotions dont matter the only ones that matter are the in game emotions if anyone plays a sport they know what i mean

Watchthemiddle
09-09-2007, 12:19 AM
:confused::confused::confused::confused:

The Dark Knight
09-25-2007, 12:58 AM
:behindsofa:

SR
09-25-2007, 07:31 AM
Actually TDK, I think a lot of what you speak of was over confidence.

topscribe
09-25-2007, 09:17 AM

Well, if there was a cure, this last Sunday should have provided it . . .

-----

Buff
09-25-2007, 10:16 AM

I'm not saying you're wrong... I just wonder what the hell makes this team think that they have any room to be overconfident. Those players who were here last year remember losing to SF at home and missing the playoffs. Those who are new have had a lackluster preseason and two squeakers for victories... Hardly anything to boast about.

The Dark Knight
09-25-2007, 01:21 PM
I'm not saying you're wrong... I just wonder what the hell makes this team think that they have any room to be overconfident. Those players who were here last year remember losing to SF at home and missing the playoffs. Those who are new have had a lackluster preseason and two squeakers for victories... Hardly anything to boast about.

Don't forget our recent home record.

The Dark Knight
09-25-2007, 01:22 PM

Yeah, I don't see that at all.

TXBRONC
09-25-2007, 01:36 PM
I don't see them disinterested.

SR
09-25-2007, 01:40 PM
Yeah, I don't see that at all.

That's ok because I don't see any of what you're talking about either.

lex
09-25-2007, 07:10 PM
We have too many softies on this team. We have too many guys who lack desire. I mean, we have some players that have pride and then we have a lot of guys along for the ride that hope no one will notice.

The Dark Knight
09-25-2007, 09:13 PM
That's ok because I don't see any of what you're talking about either.

Have you watched any games this year?

Take a look at their tackling for example.

Serious lack of interest there.

I don't see any over confidence, that's for sure.

BroncoAV06
09-25-2007, 09:17 PM
I doubt you could be out on a football field with the speed and physical activity that is going on and be disinterested. You would get injuried. They got out played Sunday, it happens. Now it is on them to step up if they do not want that to happen again.

TXBRONC
09-25-2007, 09:18 PM
Have you watched any games this year?

Take a look at their tackling for example.

Serious lack of interest there.

I don't see any over confidence, that's for sure.

One doesn't all equal the other TDK. Poor tackling doesn't necessarily mean they are disinterested in playing. I would have hear that from a coach to believe that.

The Dark Knight
09-25-2007, 09:20 PM
One doesn't all equal the other TDK. Poor tackling doesn't necessarily mean they are disinterested in playing. I would have hear that from a coach to believe that.

Yeah, but I noticed this "disinterest" before they started tackling.

I still think there is some sort of dark cloud over the team.

The first three weeks of the season has NOT convinced me otherwise.

Slick
09-25-2007, 09:24 PM
I think TDK's point has some merit here.

A spark plug for this team was murdered, and not only that, but in front of some of his peers. Not to discount the loss of Nash, but getting murdered is a whole other ballgame. (excuse the really bad pun)

I don't think the players are just going through the motions, but I also don't think Darrent has left their thoughts or hearts.

The guy was charasmatic(sp?), and a pretty damn good player as well.

I definately think it has some effect on the team.

TXBRONC
09-25-2007, 09:26 PM
Yeah, but I noticed this "disinterest" before they started tackling.

I still think there is some sort of dark cloud over the team.

The first three weeks of the season has NOT convinced me otherwise.

I respect your opinion but I just don't see what you're seeing.

The Dark Knight
09-25-2007, 09:29 PM
I respect your opinion but I just don't see what you're seeing.

Perhaps your memory isn't as good as mine.

I remember quite a different feel from seasons past.

This isn't quite a "1999 type" feel yet, but it may get there.

TXBRONC
09-25-2007, 09:37 PM

My fine memory is in fine working order, I just don't agree with you here TDK.

The Dark Knight
10-01-2007, 10:50 PM

Do you beleive it yet?

Medford Bronco
10-01-2007, 10:53 PM

I feel it as well TDK..

Something is just not right here. The difference is that 9-7 can get you in and posibly we might do that. I am not holding my breath though

TXBRONC
10-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Do you beleive it yet?

No I sure don't.

Medford Bronco
10-01-2007, 11:01 PM
No I sure don't.

TX, I am not being mean.

I think this team is not that good, especially on defense.

I can see us improving on offense as they have actually showed me something. ON defense, we suck.

I think the personel changes were bad and do not have any faith in that unit.

If you do not stop the run in the NFL, you lose, unless you have Manning putting up 30+ pts for your team and a defense that causes turnovers.

where are the turnovers the last couple of weeks when they needed then :confused:

TXBRONC
10-01-2007, 11:08 PM
TX, I am not being mean.

I think this team is not that good, especially on defense.

I can see us improving on offense as they have actually showed me something. ON defense, we suck.

I think the personel changes were bad and do not have any faith in that unit.

If you do not stop the run in the NFL, you lose, unless you have Manning putting up 30+ pts for your team and a defense that causes turnovers.

where are the turnovers the last couple of weeks when they needed then :confused:

You're saying one thing and TDK is saying something different. If I'm understanding him correctly he's saying they don't want play. If I'm understanding you correctly your saying we're not very good. I don't think those two things are necessarily synonymous.

Medford Bronco
10-01-2007, 11:09 PM
You're saying one thing and TDK is saying something different. If I'm understanding him correctly he's saying they don't want play. If I'm understanding you correctly your saying we're not very good. I don't think those two things are necessarily synonymous.

Oh, I did not read the whole thread :banghead: sorry

I think our defense is porous and offense will get better. Maybe we can win some shootout games but I hate playing that way.

The Dark Knight
10-01-2007, 11:10 PM
No I sure don't.

You're just being stubborn.

You know I'm right.:welcome:

:wave:

BigBroncLove
10-01-2007, 11:13 PM
I don't think this is a team that has ever given up. Watching the Bengals tonight, they looked like they started to give into the score and give up. I never get the same feeling from watching the Broncos. I feel they give their best. That best doesn't always translate into wins or domination :laugh: but they don't play half speed. I think this is a team that gives their all. Currently though, everything they are giving is far to little.

I don't think it's a matter of attitude or disinterest or even a "dark cloud". I think it is a matter of execution on even a fundamental level....

TXBRONC
10-01-2007, 11:15 PM
Oh, I did not read the whole thread :banghead: sorry

I think our defense is porous and offense will get better. Maybe we can win some shootout games but I hate playing that way.

No need to be sorry.

I agree I don't care for the idea having to win games with shootouts. Teams have gotten to the playoffs with that kind of play but they hardly ever make a deep run in the playoffs. In fact I can only think of two teams that were able to do that. The 1980 Chargers who lost to the Bengal and the Indianapolis Colts from last season.

TXBRONC
10-01-2007, 11:16 PM
You're just being stubborn.

You know I'm right.:welcome:

:wave:

Ok I'm being stubborn.

Lonestar
10-02-2007, 12:36 PM
Ok I'm being stubborn.

Finally got an admission on this thought it would never happen.

;)

silkamilkamonico
10-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Depressed, or not depressed, upset with coaching, or not, tired, or not tired, the entire team quit at Indianapolis, and that's not a good sign.

I absolutely feel something's not right in the organization this year.

The Dark Knight
10-07-2007, 05:30 PM
No I sure don't.

How bout now?

Do you believe it now?

silkamilkamonico
10-07-2007, 05:50 PM
2 weeks in a row where the team quit.

I think the organization needs a new look, and that starts with an entirely new coaching staff.

anton...
10-07-2007, 05:56 PM
2 weeks in a row where the team quit.

I think the organization needs a new look, and that starts with an entirely new coaching staff.

yeah!!

that would solve all of our problems...

:rolleyes:
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

silkamilkamonico
10-07-2007, 06:04 PM
yeah!!

that would solve all of our problems...

Or, we could just continue onward with disappointing season, after disappointing season, after disappointing season, after disappointing season......

Skinny
10-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Or, we could just continue onward with disappointing season, after disappointing season, after disappointing season, after disappointing season......

:rolleyes:And replace him with who??

Curious to whom you would solve the problem with.

Personally, people can say what they but this has nothing to do with the coaches IMO. I do not see it that way at all.

This is purely terrible execution on the players part.

silkamilkamonico
10-07-2007, 06:10 PM
And replace him with who??

Personally, people can say what they but this has nothing to do with the coaches IMO. I do not see it that way at all.

Does it really matter?

You would rather continue to be disappointed year after year then just go in a new direction?

Like it or not, lack of execution, is in fact controlled with coaching.

You don't have to look past teams like the Patriots and Colts to figure that out.

silkamilkamonico
10-07-2007, 06:11 PM
HaHa.

Shannon Sharpe just bagged on Denver, and specifically stated that Mike Shanahan is losing control of the players, as well as the organization.

Slick
10-07-2007, 06:12 PM
And replace him with who??

I agree with you on that Skinny. Execution, and when was the last time one of our safeties made a play?

I don't think it's coaching.

I didn't expect 3 rookies and Simeon Rice to fix our defense this year.

Todays game was downright depressing.

Slick
10-07-2007, 06:14 PM
I hope you're wrong Silk, I really do, but you make a good point.

Skinny
10-07-2007, 06:14 PM
Does it really matter?How many games has he won??

You would rather continue to be disappointed year after year then just go in a new direction?[/QUOTE]I'm not disappointed year after year. I realize why we fail to reach that goal of "Winning the SB' each year.

Like it or not, lack of execution, is in fact controlled with coaching.Not when your ON
the feild

You don't have to look past teams like the Patriots and Colts to figure that out.You mean where they usely win the turnover battles and are known for fundamentals??

ah, shyeah!

Nomad
10-07-2007, 06:17 PM
HaHa.

Shannon Sharpe just bagged on Denver, and specifically stated that Mike Shanahan is losing control of the players, as well as the organization.

Is Shannon wrong? I don't know! Now Shanny has to prove the critics wrong!

silkamilkamonico
10-07-2007, 06:18 PM
How many games has he won??

Shanahan has stated himself that it isn't about wins/losses/playoff appearances. It's about winning SuperBowls in Denver. I would say he has failed miserably in the last 8 seasons, and would probably fire himself if he could.

Not when your ON
the feild

How many times has Denver failed to execute on the field in the past couple of years? Then I blame the coaches for making the decisions to put those players that don't execute on the field.

You mean where they usely win the turnover battles and are known for fundamentals??

How many times does New England, or Indianapolis have more then 4 turnovers a game? Never?

Oh.

Coaches, do your jobs, and get the players ready to play the game for crying out loud.

That's why Norv Turner is a lousy head coach. But he did something better than Shanahan today.