PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Hire Aukerman

Skinny
02-11-2010, 06:42 PM
Off the wire from KFFL...

Broncos | Aukerman hired
Thu, 11 Feb 2010

The Denver Broncos have announced they have hired Kent State linebackers coach Craig Aukerman (http://www.kentstatesports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=11400&ATCLID=204769292) as the team's defensive assistant.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-11-2010, 06:47 PM

Great! Troy Aikmann!

No wait, who?

:lol: ;)

GEM
02-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Super Bowl, boys! :salute:

Dirk
02-11-2010, 06:50 PM
I have no clue who he is. Nor if he is any good at his job.

But hey.....welcome aboard Craig!!

Nomad
02-11-2010, 08:44 PM
I have no clue who he is. Nor if he is any good at his job.

But hey.....welcome aboard Craig!!

I'm with you....never heard of him!!

BroncoWave
02-11-2010, 09:14 PM
http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2007/09/Lombardi%20Trophy.jpg

Lonestar
02-11-2010, 09:17 PM

Craig Aukerman
Assistant Coach - ASST
Previous Experience

Courtesy: Kent State Athletic Communications
Release: 08/04/2009
Craig Aukerman joined the Kent State staff in March after spending the previous four years at Mid-American Conference rival Miami. As he did with the RedHawks, Aukerman will work with the Golden Flashes linebackers.

Aukerman was hired to direct the RedHawks' linebacking corps in January of 2005 and was promoted to co-special teams coordinator two seasons later.

Under his tutelage, the RedHawks' linebacker trio of Joey Hudson, Clayton Mullins and Caleb Bostic were all named to the Butkus Award Preseason Watch list in 2008, the first time in the history of the award that one school had three nominees.

In his three seasons, Aukerman produced three different all-MAC linebackers: Mullins, Hudson and 2005 first team All-MAC selection John Busing.

Aukerman's first season was a challenging one, as injuries robbed the RedHawk linebacking corps of two starters, challenging a number of reserves to take over key roles and accelerating the development of three freshmen.

Despite the many obstacles, Aukerman's linebackers helped drive a defense that ranked among the nation's best at forcing turnovers while ranking among the MAC's top three in rushing and scoring defense.

In 2007, his RedHawk 'backers were a primary reason that Miami led the MAC in six different statistical categories.

Aukerman, who served as the defensive graduate assistant at Miami during the 2001-02 campaigns, spent the next two seasons at Western Kentucky. Over the 2003 and '04 seasons, Aukerman served in several capacities at NCAA I-AA power Western Kentucky, coaching the outside linebackers in 2003 and serving as inside linebacker coach and special teams coordinator in 2004. Aukerman's efforts helped the Hilltoppers finish among the nation's top 11 teams during both seasons, while twice ranking among the league's top three in scoring defense. His efforts also yielded a pair of All-Gateway Conference linebackers.

In his previous assignment at Miami, Aukerman was responsible for assisting with the defensive backs while also breaking down the opposition's offenses on a weekly basis and directing the offensive scout team.

Aukerman came to Miami from his alma mater Findlay, where he was twice an NAIA All-American for the two-time national champions. A four-year letterwinner (1995-98), Aukerman competed as a defensive back, wide receiver and special teams contributor. After earning his bachelor's degree in 1999, Aukerman stayed on with Findlay as the wide receivers coach for the 2000 season.

Aukerman and his wife, Summer, have a son, Cayden.

Buff
02-11-2010, 09:18 PM
Super Bowl, boys! :salute:

http://www.bestweekever.tv/bwe/images/2007/09/Lombardi%20Trophy.jpg

Joke was funny the first 10000000000 times. Now, not so much.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-11-2010, 11:41 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9876

ENGLEWOOD, Colo -- Craig Aukerman has been named as the team's defensive assistant, it was announced on Thursday.

Aukerman joins the Broncos from Kent State University, where he guided the Golden Flashes' linebackers last season. Under his leadership, the Kent State defense held four opponents without a touchdown.

Prior to his stint at Kent State, Aukerman coached at the University of Miami (Ohio), for four season where he coached the linebackers and special teams.

In 2004, Aukerman coached the inside linebackers at Western Kentucky University under then defensive coordinator and current Broncos defensive coordinator Don Martindale.

Dirk
02-12-2010, 06:12 AM
Nice! Some more continuity on the defensive staff. In a round about way but still. I like it.

TXBRONC
02-12-2010, 09:44 AM
I hope he's able to help Ayers unlock all that potential he has as well help the rest of the linebacking corp get better.

T.K.O.
02-12-2010, 11:24 AM
if nothing else with a name like "summer" maybe his wife is hot !;)

dogfish
02-12-2010, 12:05 PM
Great! Troy Aikmann!

No wait, who?

:lol: ;)

we got troy mcclure?

rcsodak
02-12-2010, 08:09 PM
I'm sure he's not any good. Just part of yet another 'good ol boys' staff.

Afterall, he's not coming from a top division team.

/sarcasm

Superchop 7
02-12-2010, 09:32 PM
But it does show some trust from the HC, for the NFL,s biggest micro manager to allow this hire is ............ a good thing.

Just let him do his job.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-12-2010, 09:42 PM
But it does show some trust from the HC, for the NFL,s biggest micro manager to allow this hire is ............ a good thing.

Just let him do his job.

Are you indicating that Shanahan does NOT have the ONLY say so in who the coaching staff under him will be???????

Lonestar
02-13-2010, 10:56 AM
Carol I was thinking the same thing, afterall he was the guy that had a video system installed in all of the meeting rooms so he could watch/listen them from his office and pop in IF they were not being done the way he thought they should be.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

That folks is micro managing.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Carol I was thinking the same thing, afterall he was the guy that had a video system installed in all of the meeting rooms so he could watch/listen them from his office and pop in IF they were not being done the way he thought they should be.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

That folks is micro managing.

You have it all wrong Jr - because that was Shanahan being a great HC, staying on top of everything - can you imagine what some of the comments would be if it came out that Coach McD was doing the same thing????? :eek:

Lonestar
02-13-2010, 12:28 PM
You have it all wrong Jr - because that was Shanahan being a great HC, staying on top of everything - can you imagine what some of the comments would be if it came out that Coach McD was doing the same thing????? :eek:

Hey I'm sure that Josh did not rip out the system when he moved in Mikes office. Does he use it I'm sure he does to some degree, I suspect most HC's have some type of monitoring system involved in their places.

It would behoove a NEW person to make sure that his coaches are indeed teaching his players the way he wants things done.

Like his approach of making sure all of the QB's learn the plays and call the plays the same way, trying to use the same inflection. They do that because if one QB goes down the newbie does not cause players to jump offsides thus costing them yards in penalties or losing yards on plays that were made.

It is called consistency.

But to say that Josh is a micro manager and mike was not well thats NOT going to pass the Bovine Excretement test on my watch.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-13-2010, 12:41 PM

There continues to be one thing you guys overlook time and again. Shanahan didn't get complete control until AFTER he'd proven himself and won 2 superbowls. McDaniels got it from day 1 without proving anything.

Shanahan had both the Owner's trust and the Franchise QB's trust before he was given the power to dictate and make all the decisions.

Lonestar
02-13-2010, 12:51 PM
There continues to be one thing you guys overlook time and again. Shanahan didn't get complete control until AFTER he'd proven himself and won 2 superbowls. McDaniels got it from day 1 without proving anything.

Shanahan had both the Owner's trust and the Franchise QB's trust before he was given the power to dictate and make all the decisions.

Lets see when mike came to town he was the VP of football operations in charge of everything football related. did I miss something?

It was the reason he was not interested in the job when reeves was fired because of his experience with AD he stated he wanted total control so nimrod was hired. When he failed he demanded and got total control of football operations before he came back'

Lets not revise history to make it fit your perspective.

I will say that josh came in as HC and allowed to make changes with the blessings of Joe and PAT or he would not have come.

There is a GM in charge of personnel and while it was supposedly co chaired with Xman and bates I think few logical folks thought that it would work out. Does Josh have a lot of power absolutely but not to the same degree that mike had.