PDA

View Full Version : The Next Brandon Marshall?

nfldraft2010
02-11-2010, 05:05 PM
If Marshall gets traded, the Broncos would have a big need at receiver. But, who better to replace Marshall with, than someone who shares a lot of the same characteristics. Demaryius Thomas is an absolute physical freak and has a chance to be a special player in the NFL. His value will only go up after the combine. Even still, I doubt they'll take him in the first round, but he could be a great value if available in the second.

See for yourself:

http://www.pressboxonline.com/blog.cfm?ID=2015

underrated29
02-11-2010, 05:15 PM
yes, I have been calling him a Marshall Clone. Only faster.

however, I have been warned by others who are more knowledgable in this area to stay away from him. Horrible routes, lazy, takes plays off, drops etc.

We will see. But yes, most of us are well aware of him and what he brings to the table.

SR
02-11-2010, 05:19 PM
I'd rather draft Dez Bryant and be done with it.

Broncolingus
02-11-2010, 05:21 PM
If Marshall gets traded, the Broncos would have a big need at receiver. But, who better to replace Marshall with, than someone who shares a lot of the same characteristics. Demaryius Thomas is an absolute physical freak and has a chance to be a special player in the NFL. His value will only go up after the combine. Even still, I doubt they'll take him in the first round, but he could be a great value if available in the second.

See for yourself:

http://www.pressboxonline.com/blog.cfm?ID=2015

http://www.amitbhawani.com/Images/S/Stay-Away-Warning.jpg

T.K.O.
02-11-2010, 05:21 PM
wow....his style of play looks remakably similar to marshalls.
he looks like he could definately be a force. i was most impressed with his "burst" of speed after the catch....he was leaving guys in the dust .
would be thrilled if we used a 2nd on him.
and if we do indeed lose marshall i think we would be crazy not to go for him and maybe bryant as well ( assuming we would have the extra picks at that point)

SOCALORADO.
02-11-2010, 05:28 PM
The next Brandon Marshall/Chad Ochocinco hybrid is Dez Bryant.
Thomas is an absolute horrific route runner with no time spent in a pro style offense.
3rd round at best. But could end up a good player a few years from now.

T.K.O.
02-11-2010, 05:34 PM
Thomas is an absolute horrific route runner with no time spent in a pro style offense.

marshall was a 4th......and thats typically the best strategy to draft players that you think will be good in a couple years .
i dont know much about the kid but he looks like he could be damn good with the right teachers.

SR
02-11-2010, 05:41 PM
I'd rather draft Dez Bryant and be done with it. Bryant may not be worth the #10 or 11 pick, but he is a great size (6'2", 215lbs) and is faster than Marshall. He has good hands, isn't afraid of contact, and has breakaway speed. He runs crisp routes, has good vision, and is hard to bring down. The only reason why I don't think he's worth our first round pick is because he only played one full season. That being said, that one full season he had over 80 catches, over 1400 yards receiving, and 19 touchdowns with a 17 yard average per completion.

underrated29
02-11-2010, 05:43 PM
You forgot to add the most important part...

Dez goes up and gets the ball Just like Larry Fitz. He will make the play, he will make the catch, and will never ever ever be beat or outjumped. He literally is like fitz, that if he can touch it he will catch it and at its highest point.

Dez is gonna be a star.

SOCALORADO.
02-11-2010, 05:56 PM
You forgot to add the most important part...

Dez goes up and gets the ball Just like Larry Fitz. He will make the play, he will make the catch, and will never ever ever be beat or outjumped. He literally is like fitz, that if he can touch it he will catch it and at its highest point.

Dez is gonna be a star.
Dont forget he does this too!
http://z.about.com/d/collegefootball/1/0/5/5/-/-/dezbryant.jpg

Oh, and like you said.
http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/files/2009/08/3293708869_8a7e4aa7dc.jpg

SOCALORADO.
02-11-2010, 05:59 PM
marshall was a 4th......and thats typically the best strategy to draft players that you think will be good in a couple years .
i dont know much about the kid but he looks like he could be damn good with the right teachers.

Marshall was in a somewhat pro style offense. Thomas plays in what amounts to what might as well be the freakin "wishbone". He has absolutely no knowledge of a pro style offense. Hes as raw a player in this draft as their is. I am not against him as a player, but hes a huge risk and as ive stated before, would only be worth it if DEN had an extra 3rd.

underrated29
02-11-2010, 06:02 PM

Oh, and like you said.

Post the one of him with the Major hops. Where he is up up high with the wall behind him and the guy on the sides looking up at how high he is. I love that. infact I want to make it my avy.

elsid13
02-11-2010, 06:22 PM
Marshall was in a somewhat pro style offense. Thomas plays in what amounts to what might as well be the freakin "wishbone". He has absolutely no knowledge of a pro style offense. Hes as raw a player in this draft as their is. I am not against him as a player, but hes a huge risk and as ive stated before, would only be worth it if DEN had an extra 3rd.

Hold on a minute. Thomas spent two years under Chan Gailey (his red shirt year in 2006/and starting in 2007), and under Gailey GT ran pro style passing attack. GT has transited to wishbone attack, but unlike his time at Navy, Paul Johnson has modified his attack to get Thomas the ball. Include some pro routes - come backs, crosses.

He not huge risk like you are making him out to. Like all rookie WR, include Bryant, he going to continue to improve his techinque and learn to use his hands better. Thomas is the best blocking WR coming out of this draft though. Based upon his skills sets and potential Thomas is going mid 2 rounder or early 3rd.

GEM
02-11-2010, 06:40 PM

Oh, and like you said.

That stiff arm is SEXAYYY!!

silkamilkamonico
02-11-2010, 09:30 PM
Dez was also a basketball recruit turned full time football player, just like Michael Crabtree was.

TXBRONC
02-11-2010, 11:13 PM

The same is true of Dez Bryant. Even if Bryant does become star player there is very good chance it will take two or three for him to become impact player.

SOCALORADO.
02-12-2010, 08:38 AM
The same is true of Dez Bryant. Even if Bryant does become star player there is very good chance it will take two or three for him to become impact player.

No way Dude. Dez Bryant wont take but a year to acclimate to his team, and then hes $$Cash$$$Money$$$

Thomas has a long way to go.

SOCALORADO.
02-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Hold on a minute. Thomas spent two years under Chan Gailey (his red shirt year in 2006/and starting in 2007), and under Gailey GT ran pro style passing attack. GT has transited to wishbone attack, but unlike his time at Navy, Paul Johnson has modified his attack to get Thomas the ball. Include some pro routes - come backs, crosses.

He not huge risk like you are making him out to. Like all rookie WR, include Bryant, he going to continue to improve his techinque and learn to use his hands better. Thomas is the best blocking WR coming out of this draft though. Based upon his skills sets and potential Thomas is going mid 2 rounder or early 3rd.

Jeez, i basically said this in my post, but i think hes a bigger risk than you.
I also said hes a 3rd round prospect. Of course to me, DEN should ONLY look at him if they aquired another 3rd. Hes not worth it to me any higher.
He will be closely watched at the combine by many teams with needs at WR, but also suck elsewhere. I see TB or STL looking at him at the top of the 2nd simply based on the need to get their young QB a big, target.
But if LaFell or Benn are still there i would be hard pressed to pass them up.
I guess we wait for the combine.

TXBRONC
02-12-2010, 09:31 AM
No way Dude. Dez Bryant wont take but a year to acclimate to his team, and then hes $$Cash$$$Money$$$

Thomas has a long way to go.

Maybe you're right, but more times than not it takes time to develop a receiver.

SOCALORADO.
02-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Post the one of him with the Major hops. Where he is up up high with the wall behind him and the guy on the sides looking up at how high he is. I love that. infact I want to make it my avy.

http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/932/F296707.JPG

$$$$cash$$$$money$$$$

CoachChaz
02-12-2010, 11:53 AM
I think it's obvious Bryant has the bigger immediate upside. My biggest issue with Thomas is his stride. He's a long strider and that's what kills his route running. When you take long strides, you have to shorten them and shuffle when you go into your route. NFL DB's will pick this up in a heartbeat and jump the route every time. So until he figures out how to re-learn how to run...passes will either be picked off or he'll never be open. it's not impossible, but not easy to fix either.

But what do I know.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-12-2010, 01:34 PM
So Bryant has been out of football for a suspension for a year, yet he's going to come in and wow everyone and immediately get back on the Horse?

Top ten pick for a guy who hasn't played in how long? And he's an under-classmen. Sounds an awful lot like Mike Williams to me. How about we just stay away from the WRs in the first round, mmkay?

This guy isn't Megatron. He's not going to run a 4.3 at the combine and isn't another Vincent Jackson/Brandon Marshall "TE sized WR Beast Project". He's probably the best WR in this year's class but really comparing him to other guys like Megatron or Crabtree or especially to Marshall (who is the real beast) is a little premature, IMO.

He looks more like Jeremy Maclin than Michael Crabtree to me. Not that there's anything wrong with Maclin, he just doesn't seem to be an "elite" prospect.

Italianmobstr7
02-12-2010, 01:40 PM
I HATE Oklahoma State and Oklahoma University, but I've seen Dez play a lot living here, and as much as I don't like the school he went to I'd take him in a heartbeat. He's like a Marshall/Ocho Cinco clone. He's fast, he's big and physical and he's got great hands. I know that WR isn't our biggest need even without Marshall, but I think the best O-line and D-lineman will be gone by our pick, at least the impact guys will be. So if Dez is the best available we should take him. He will probably come in right away and be a good player. I do think he may take a year or 2 to develop though. He's not going to come in to the league and replicate what Marshall has done for us the last 3 seasons. Honestly, if I had my way, we'd keep Marshall and not even draft Dez, but that's highly unlikely regardless of what he and our management has been saying in the media.

silkamilkamonico
02-12-2010, 02:35 PM
So Bryant has been out of football for a suspension for a year, yet he's going to come in and wow everyone and immediately get back on the Horse?

Top ten pick for a guy who hasn't played in how long? And he's an under-classmen. Sounds an awful lot like Mike Williams to me. How about we just stay away from the WRs in the first round, mmkay?

This guy isn't Megatron. He's not going to run a 4.3 at the combine and isn't another Vincent Jackson/Brandon Marshall "TE sized WR Beast Project". He's probably the best WR in this year's class but really comparing him to other guys like Megatron or Crabtree is a little premature, IMO.

He looks more like Jeremy Maclin than Michael Crabtree to me. Not that there's anything wrong with Maclin, he just doesn't seem to be an "elite" prospect.

Bryant is nothing like Maclin. Bryant is a legitimate WR that attacks the ball in the air and uses his hands instead of his body. If there's one WR in this draft that can make an immediate impact because of his style of game, it's Bryant. He's a faster version of Jackson/Marshall, he has better hands than both, and his route running his unparalled from the WR prospects. He won't run a 4.3, but he could run a 4.45, which is faster than guys like TO and Fitz/Boldin.

He hasn't played in a football game since October, but he continued to work out with the team, unlike a guy like Mike Williams, who was just flat out for a year.

Great character, hard worker, class guy, and he's anything but a project. He's been a top 5 WR in college for almost 3 years now.

I personally think drafting a WR in the first round regardless of Marshall's situation is a mistake, but I certainly wouldn't feel bad about Bryant.

underrated29
02-12-2010, 02:55 PM
bryant compares most closely to Andre Johnson. And this comparison is from scouts. Although i tend to agree, they are the ones who said it. Obviously, he is not Andre Johnson, and probably wont be as good, but he could be just a step down.......He will be very good. Very Good.

Maclin? Really....?

Not close my man.

Can someone post the youtube vid of bryant, so some can see just how good he is.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Bryant is nothing like Maclin. Bryant is a legitimate WR that attacks the ball in the air and uses his hands instead of his body. If there's one WR in this draft that can make an immediate impact because of his style of game, it's Bryant. He's a faster version of Jackson/Marshall, he has better hands than both, and his route running his unparalled from the WR prospects. He won't run a 4.3, but he could run a 4.45, which is faster than guys like TO and Fitz/Boldin.

He hasn't played in a football game since October, but he continued to work out with the team, unlike a guy like Mike Williams, who was just flat out for a year.

Great character, hard worker, class guy, and he's anything but a project. He's been a top 5 WR in college for almost 3 years now.

I personally think drafting a WR in the first round regardless of Marshall's situation is a mistake, but I certainly wouldn't feel bad about Bryant.

FYI, Jackson ran in the 4.3s at the combine at 6' 4 1/2" and 230 lbs. That's the main reason that he moved up into the second round even though he was a little known guy coming out of Northern Colorado. TO also runs in the 4.3s.

Class guy? Why did he get suspended? I honestly don't know because I just didn't look into him that hard knowing that there would probably be no way in hell we'd draft a WR in the first round.

My point is this, Of all the positions this team needs, even if we trade away Marshall, we don't need a first round WR to catch 3 yd curls and bubble screens from Orton all year.

And yeah, I did see the "youtube highlight videos" of Bryant (like those mean anything, I could look good in a "highlight video") and he looked like a possession receiver to me. I never really saw him running by anyone. He made some nice grabs jumping up in the air and fighting for the ball, but I never saw anything "elite" out of him in all of his "highlight videos" nothing "dominant". I did see him play against Georgia this year and he didn't really look all that special.

Italianmobstr7
02-12-2010, 03:27 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7G6M1hOHIkE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7G6M1hOHIkE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

CoachChaz
02-12-2010, 03:30 PM
FYI, Jackson ran in the 4.3s at the combine at 6' 4 1/2" and 230 lbs. That's the main reason that he moved up into the second round even though he was a little known guy coming out of Northern Colorado. TO also runs in the 4.3s.

Class guy? Why did he get suspended? I honestly don't know because I just didn't look into him that hard knowing that there would probably be no way in hell we'd draft a WR in the first round.

My point is this, Of all the positions this team needs, even if we trade away Marshall, we don't need a first round WR to catch 3 yd curls and bubble screens from Orton all year.

And yeah, I did see the "youtube highlight videos" of Bryant (like those mean anything, I could look good in a "highlight video") and he looked like a possession receiver to me. I never really saw him running by anyone. He made some nice grabs jumping up in the air and fighting for the ball, but I never saw anything "elite" out of him in all of his "highlight videos" nothing "dominant". I did see him play against Georgia this year and he didn't really look all that special.

You also wont see Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall or many other "elite" receivers running by too many people. When you catch 100 balls for 1200 to 1400 yards...you're a "possession receiver". That's what the NFL has become and Bryant will fit in perfectly. Those guys that run by everyone all the time? Theyre the ones that see 40-50 balls a year.

As far as his suspension...he was working out with Deion Sanders and trying to get better. but because Deion worls closely with agents...it was technically a violation of NCAA rules. That alone might have gotten him a few games of suspension, but he tried to save his season and lied about it and got caught. not exactly like he punched or slapped someone around.

So, we can refer to him as not being "elite" if we want to close our eyes, but he fits the mold and skillset of every other elite receiver in the NFL. Scouts and GM's know it and he will be drafted very early...regardless of what value is out into his highlight reels.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-12-2010, 03:32 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7G6M1hOHIkE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7G6M1hOHIkE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Yep, just like all the others, looks like a possession receiver to me. I'm not saying he's not good, but he's not the next Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, or even Brandon Marshall.

Italianmobstr7
02-12-2010, 03:34 PM

He got suspended for having dinner with Deion Sanders and then lying about it to the NCAA. That's hardly a red flag if you ask me. The NCAA made a bad ruling and took away playing time for something stupid. In the highlight vid I just posted, he looks pretty elite. He's fast, shows good power when RAC, makes great catches, and goes up and gets the ball. You're judging this guy off of 1 game you saw (the first game of the year) against Georgia when he has a terrible qb (who is very overrated btw). With Dez Bryant OK State were title contenders, when he got suspended they crumbled. He's a very good player and worth a first round pick if we don't keep Marshall. Also based on what McDaniels said we won't be throwing just bubble screens all year, he plans on changing some of what they do. He showed in the last game (even though we lost) that he's willing to throw down the field. Jabar was having a field day. Also we had 2 50+ yd td's to Marshall against Washington.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-12-2010, 03:39 PM
You also wont see Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, Brandon Marshall or many other "elite" receivers running by too many people. When you catch 100 balls for 1200 to 1400 yards...you're a "possession receiver". That's what the NFL has become and Bryant will fit in perfectly. Those guys that run by everyone all the time? Theyre the ones that see 40-50 balls a year.

As far as his suspension...he was working out with Deion Sanders and trying to get better. but because Deion worls closely with agents...it was technically a violation of NCAA rules. That alone might have gotten him a few games of suspension, but he tried to save his season and lied about it and got caught. not exactly like he punched or slapped someone around.

So, we can refer to him as not being "elite" if we want to close our eyes, but he fits the mold and skillset of every other elite receiver in the NFL. Scouts and GM's know it and he will be drafted very early...regardless of what value is out into his highlight reels.

You really don't watch a lot of Andre Johnson, do you? He's "elite" because he can do it all. ALL THE GUY DOES IS RUN BY PEOPLE FOR TDs!!!! He's probably the fastest WR in the game, yes even faster than Desean Jackson, and can still fight for the ball and box guys out.

It's a moot point regardless because we won't be drafting the guy.

silkamilkamonico
02-12-2010, 03:40 PM
FYI, Jackson ran in the 4.3s at the combine at 6' 4 1/2" and 230 lbs. That's the main reason that he moved up into the second round even though he was a little known guy coming out of Northern Colorado.

Vincent Jackson ran a 4.46 at the NFL combine. You're not talking about his pro day are you? 40 times are always higher at their Pro days.

He was suspended for visiting Deion Sanders house, taking a jog with him around a football field, and then lying about it. He was suspended for lying. He got scared when the NCAA investigated him on his trip to see Sanders and he admitted he freaked out and didn't know what to say. He didn't know why the NCAA was investigating the situation, and assumed he couldn't visit Deion Sanders.

He's a class guy on and off the field, and anybody that follows anything about OSU or collegiate WR's would tell you the same.

Still doesn't take anything away that he's going to be a great one, and is the most physically gifted WR to enter the draft since Calvin Johnson.

silkamilkamonico
02-12-2010, 03:43 PM
He's probably the fastest WR in the game, yes even faster than Desean Jackson, and can still fight for the ball and box guys out.

Sorry brotha, no way is he faster than DeSean Jackson. AJ is fast, but DJ is supersonic.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Vincent Jackson ran a 4.46 at the NFL combine. You're not talking about his pro day are you? 40 times are always higher at their Pro days.

He was suspended for visiting Deion Sanders house, taking a jog with him around a football field, and then lying about it. He was suspended for lying. He got scared when the NCAA investigated him on his trip to see Sanders and he admitted he freaked out and didn't know what to say. He didn't know why the NCAA was investigating the situation, and assumed he couldn't visit Deion Sanders.

He's a class guy on and off the field, and anybody that follows anything about OSU or collegiate WR's would tell you the same.

Still doesn't take anything away that he's going to be a great one, and is the most physically gifted WR to enter the draft since Calvin Johnson.

Thanks. That last part I highlighted, as with all draft picks, is yet to be seen.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-12-2010, 03:46 PM
Sorry brotha, no way is he faster than DeSean Jackson. AJ is fast, but DJ is supersonic.

Johnson runs the 40 in the 4.2 range. His first probowl, he ran in the fastest man race and came in second to Allen Rossum only because he slipped at the start. Rossum and the other DBs he ran against had a 3 or 4 lengths on him and he almost overcame it to win. He's a LOT faster than you guys are giving him credit for. He's the total package, just like Megatron.

silkamilkamonico
02-12-2010, 03:50 PM
Thanks. That last part I highlighted, as with all draft picks, is yet to be seen.

It's an opinion either way you look at it. It still doesn't change the fact that he's arguably been the most dominant WR in college the last 2-3 years, and physical numbers that will probably all rate almost off the charts at the combine.

I'm sorry, I don't know how anyone that keeps up with college football and the draft, can say bad things about this guy.

You won't find any argument from any analyst about what where he fits in with draft prospects this year and the last 3 years or so. The guy is a 6'3" 220 pound monster, who will run a 4.45 neighborhood 40, have a tops in the shuttle/cone drills for WR prospects, a 40+ inch vertical, humongous mitts for hands that catch everything, and a great route runner. Everything you loko for in a Pro bowl WR.

I have to stop talking about this, or I'm going to end up wanting to draft him.

silkamilkamonico
02-12-2010, 03:53 PM
Johnson runs the 40 in the 4.2 range. His first probowl, he ran in the fastest man race and came in second to Allen Rossum only because he slipped at the start. Rossum and the other DBs he ran against had a 3 or 4 lengths on him and he almost overcame it to win. He's a LOT faster than you guys are giving him credit for. He's the total package, just like Megatron.

LMAO no he doesn't. There are probably only a couple of handfuls of football players in the NFL that run the 40 in the 4.2s.

I've done nothing but give credit to how fast Johnson is. You're simply not giving credit to how fast DeSean is. DeSean is probably the fastest WR in the NFL. AJ isn't even the fastest on his own team (insert Jacoby Jones here).

TXBRONC
02-12-2010, 03:55 PM
You really don't watch a lot of Andre Johnson, do you? He's "elite" because he can do it all. ALL THE GUY DOES IS RUN BY PEOPLE FOR TDs!!!! He's probably the fastest WR in the game, yes even faster than Desean Jackson, and can still fight for the ball and box guys out.

It's a moot point regardless because we won't be drafting the guy.

Straight line speed DeSean might be faster. But so what Johnson 6'3" 225lbs and still get separation from any defensive back in the League and if he can't he'll run them over.

underrated29
02-12-2010, 04:25 PM
I thinkthe point is that Dez, can use speed and go deep. He can also muscle his way through dbs and go up like larry fitz to make the catch.

All of this Andre Johnson Does. But Dez, is shaping up to be just like him. Maybe not quite as fast, but still fast enough....

I love marshalls skills. But Dez bryant will be a Much Much Much better WR in the nfl than Marshall, barring any unfortunate and unforseen circumstances. He is claimed by ALL scouts to be the one good Deep threat coming out.

elsid13
02-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Bryant is a good player, but he getting little to much love/hype in this thread. He has flaws in his game, and isn't going to come in dominate like some on this thread are proclaiming. He needs to work on his techinque, and getting off the jam. He got away with his hand placement in college because of the level of competition, but he going to take some time to adjust to NFL CB. He has a good upside, but far far to early to compare to Andre Johnson, Marshall and Fitzgeralds of the NFL. If draft Denver would be lucky for him to get 30 to 40 catches next season.

SR
02-12-2010, 05:17 PM
He's probably the fastest WR in the game

Put the crack pipe down.

Ziggy
02-12-2010, 05:51 PM
HP tries to throw the dink and dunk offense slam into every thread he posts in. Once again, when you can't run or protect your QB, your choices are severely limited. When McD had the talent in NE in 2007, he had one of the most explosive offenses of all time. The people that whine about the dink and dunk offense are usually the same ones that whine about the coach not fitting the scheme to the talent. It cracks me up.

HP, it's obvious from your posts that you haven't seen Dez in more than one game, and want to assess his talent on that game and what others have said in posts. Now you want to say that he will never be a Brandon Marshall. Why don't you quit while you're behind, and admit that you ran your mouth without doing the research. While I'm not a fan of drafting a WR in the first round regardless of whether Marshall goes, Dez has star potential.

CoachChaz
02-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Johnson's combine time was 4.43. So six years later he's shaved a full two tenths of a second off that? Not likely.

Not taking anything away from the guy, but his best games this past season came against Seattle, St. Louis, Tennessee, Arizona, Cincinnati and Indy. How did those teams defenses do against the pass?

Tennessee - 31st
Seattle - 30th
St. Louis - 25th
Arizona - 23rd
Indianapolis - 14th
Cincinnati - 6th

Against Revis - 4 catches
Against Asomugha - 2 cathes
Against Clements - 2 catches

He's like anyone else in the NFL...take what you can against the strong and feast on the weak. but when he faces comparable talent...he's not using 4.2 speed to run past anyone.

TXBRONC
02-12-2010, 06:09 PM
I thinkthe point is that Dez, can use speed and go deep. He can also muscle his way through dbs and go up like larry fitz to make the catch.

All of this Andre Johnson Does. But Dez, is shaping up to be just like him. Maybe not quite as fast, but still fast enough....

I love marshalls skills. But Dez bryant will be a Much Much Much better WR in the nfl than Marshall, barring any unfortunate and unforseen circumstances. He is claimed by ALL scouts to be the one good Deep threat coming out.

If he can't get separation all the speed in the world isn't going to do him much good. From highlights that I saw defensive backs were draped all over him. In the NFL if he can't get separation corner backs will eat him alive. For that quarterbacks will hesitate to even throw to him if blanketed like what I saw in those clips. In other words he wont have chance to be as good as Marshall if he can't get separation.

underrated29
02-12-2010, 06:20 PM
If he can't get separation all the speed in the world isn't going to do him much good. From highlights that I saw defensive backs were draped all over him. In the NFL if he can't get separation corner backs will eat him alive. For that quarterbacks will hesitate to even throw to him if blanketed like what I saw in those clips. In other words he wont have chance to be as good as Marshall if he can't get separation.

ya for that we will have to wait and see. Imo though, (getting ready to get flamed) I think brandon is overrated in a lot of his aspects of the game. Separation is one of them. I think dez will be able to get separation just fine, and if not he can pull the ol larry fitz, just throw it and I will come down with it, however, that remains to be seen.

I think brandon can create separation once running, and or sheilding the db from the ball with his body, but strictly off the line, I think brandon is slow in that regard. (keep in mind, for those who want to go at me, I do not think brandon is a bad player, i did not say that he sucks or is overrated, just parts of his game)

TXBRONC
02-12-2010, 07:57 PM
ya for that we will have to wait and see. Imo though, (getting ready to get flamed) I think brandon is overrated in a lot of his aspects of the game. Separation is one of them. I think dez will be able to get separation just fine, and if not he can pull the ol larry fitz, just throw it and I will come down with it, however, that remains to be seen.

I think brandon can create separation once running, and or sheilding the db from the ball with his body, but strictly off the line, I think brandon is slow in that regard. (keep in mind, for those who want to go at me, I do not think brandon is a bad player, i did not say that he sucks or is overrated, just parts of his game)

Time will tell if you're right about just how good Dez is. Honestly from what I saw in the highlight reel it leaves me feeling a little skeptical about him.

Every player, even star players have strengths and weaknesses and Marshall's does have his own. However, Marshall has proven he can play in this League. Bryant has a long way before the same can be said of him.

BroncoAV06
02-12-2010, 11:49 PM
I vote we keep the real Brandon Marshall, but that's just me.

Rick
02-13-2010, 12:21 AM
Brandon is a head case, risky.

Brandon has however had 3 straight years of 100+ catches...pay the man.

Italianmobstr7
02-13-2010, 01:34 AM
I love marshalls skills. But Dez bryant will be a Much Much Much better WR in the nfl than Marshall, barring any unfortunate and unforseen circumstances.

Woah woah woah... Are you talking about Brandon Marshall? The Beast? One of the most dominant receivers in NFL history? That's right, I said in NFL history. I like Dez, but he has a LONG way to go before even thinking he'll be better than Brandon Marshall. Have you ever seen Marshall play? I've seen every game he's ever played in the NFL and honestly, it will take Dez at least 2 years to be able to come close to matching the production Brandon Marshall has. Marshall just became the 5th person in NFL HISTORY to catch 100 passes in 3 straight years. That's right, out of every WR in history, he's the FIFTH to EVER to that. So unless Dez Bryant is going to be the greatest WR of all time he's not going to be "much much much better WR in the NFL than Marshall."

Marshalls stats:

2007: 16 gms 102 cth 1325 yds 7 tds
2008: 15 gms 104 cth 1265 yds 6 tds (1 game with 18 catches 3rd highest total in NFL History)
2009: 15 gms 101 cth 1120 yds 10 tds (1 game with 21 catches 1st highest in NFL History)

underrated29
02-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Woah woah woah... Are you talking about Brandon Marshall? The Beast? One of the most dominant receivers in NFL history? That's right, I said in NFL history. I like Dez, but he has a LONG way to go before even thinking he'll be better than Brandon Marshall. Have you ever seen Marshall play? I've seen every game he's ever played in the NFL and honestly, it will take Dez at least 2 years to be able to come close to matching the production Brandon Marshall has. Marshall just became the 5th person in NFL HISTORY to catch 100 passes in 3 straight years. That's right, out of every WR in history, he's the FIFTH to EVER to that. So unless Dez Bryant is going to be the greatest WR of all time he's not going to be "much much much better WR in the NFL than Marshall."

Marshalls stats:

2007: 16 gms 102 cth 1325 yds 7 tds
2008: 15 gms 104 cth 1265 yds 6 tds (1 game with 18 catches 3rd highest total in NFL History)
2009: 15 gms 101 cth 1120 yds 10 tds (1 game with 21 catches 1st highest in NFL History)

Of course I have seen brandon play man. I have seen every play of his just like you. But just because he catches a lot of balls doesnt mean a whole lot.

Brandon- drops lots and lots of balls, takes plays off, wont always go up and fight for the ball, had trouble getting off the line, not the best deep threat out there.

He excelss at RAC, no one can run after the catch like he can, he breaks tackles easily, sheilds the ball from defenders well, and is not afraid to go over the middle or take a hit.

But his numbers are not that staggering. His catches are, but then so are wes welkers, he has more than anybody, but are we ready to claim him as the best WR in NFL history?

2007 New England Patriots 112 1175 73.4 10.5 42 8 65 640 145
2008 New England Patriots 111 1165 72.8 10.5 64 3 57 758 149
2009 New England Patriots 123 1348 96.3 11.0 58 4

His numbers are remarkably similiar to brandons. His yards arent quite as good, and his tds are just a little less, yet he also has to compete with Randy moss for yards and tds where as brandon is the #1 and pretty much only target in our offense, as he has been for the past few years.

Point is- catches to me mean little, a Qb can hit a guy 7 times a game and BOOM he has 100+ catches.... Yards, TDs, RAC/YAC are what counts the most. And I see Dez Bryant putting up better yardage and tds than brandon.

Now lets not forget, I love marshall and want him here, and do agree his is a top 5 wr in the nfl. But I also believe that Dez will ultimately turn out to be a much much better WR when all is said and done.

Italianmobstr7
02-13-2010, 02:56 PM
Of course I have seen brandon play man. I have seen every play of his just like you. But just because he catches a lot of balls doesnt mean a whole lot.

Brandon- drops lots and lots of balls, takes plays off, wont always go up and fight for the ball, had trouble getting off the line, not the best deep threat out there.

He excelss at RAC, no one can run after the catch like he can, he breaks tackles easily, sheilds the ball from defenders well, and is not afraid to go over the middle or take a hit.

But his numbers are not that staggering. His catches are, but then so are wes welkers, he has more than anybody, but are we ready to claim him as the best WR in NFL history?

His numbers are remarkably similiar to brandons. His yards arent quite as good, and his tds are just a little less, yet he also has to compete with Randy moss for yards and tds where as brandon is the #1 and pretty much only target in our offense, as he has been for the past few years.

Point is- catches to me mean little, a Qb can hit a guy 7 times a game and BOOM he has 100+ catches.... Yards, TDs, RAC/YAC are what counts the most. And I see Dez Bryant putting up better yardage and tds than brandon.

Now lets not forget, I love marshall and want him here, and do agree his is a top 5 wr in the nfl. But I also believe that Dez will ultimately turn out to be a much much better WR when all is said and done.

I respectfully disagree that he'll be better than Marshall but you do make some very valid points as far as catches. Still though, Marshall is a beast with the ball in his hands and if he's getting just as many yards with RAC as most WRs do without breaking tackles, I'll take it. Not only does it show dominance but it sure is fun to watch lol. Either way, I hope Marshall stays a Bronco, but if not, I'd take Dez too.

TXBRONC
02-13-2010, 03:52 PM

I have never seen Marshall take plays off and for that matter no he doesn't drop lots and lots of passes. He dropped 11 out 181 times that he was targeted. Braylon Edwards dropped 16 out 138 times that he was targeted.

Under maybe he'll be better but it remains to be seen. What I saw in Bryant was guy that can not get separation and if he can learn to do that I don't think he'll make it.

underrated29
02-13-2010, 04:14 PM
fair enough.

Hopefully for our sake Dez does not turn out to be as good as I think. Because I am sure we wont draft him, and I dont want us to face him.

TXBRONC
02-13-2010, 04:16 PM
fair enough.

Hopefully for our sake Dez does not turn out to be as good as I think. Because I am sure we wont draft him, and I dont want us to face him.

You're a good guy Under. :salute:

sneakers
02-14-2010, 01:26 AM
http://www.amitbhawani.com/Images/S/Stay-Away-Warning.jpg

I like your rocks.