PDA

View Full Version : Carl Nicks vs. Anthony Collins?

lex
03-09-2008, 09:34 PM
OK, just curious to see what everyones thoughts are on these two, namely relative to how they would help us? Ive spent more time focusing on Nicks than Collins, however. Would someone mind comparing and contrasting the two? I picked up a Lindys draft preview guide today and they were pretty accurate on Nicks.

tubby
03-09-2008, 09:49 PM
No Huskers please. They suck!

Nick
03-10-2008, 09:44 AM
OK, just curious to see what everyones thoughts are on these two, namely relative to how they would help us? Ive spent more time focusing on Nicks than Collins, however. Would someone mind comparing and contrasting the two? I picked up a Lindys draft preview guide today and they were pretty accurate on Nicks.

I am pretty high on Collins even though he fell because of his time a bit. I think both could be very versatile and able to play OG and OT.

Both will be able to fit well in our line just fine.

This is a very very deep draft with zone blocking tackles and versatile tackles.

You also have Baker. Whom stock also fell due to injury.

My sleeper will have to be cousins, zuttah, and Duane Brown out of virginia tech. I like cousins a lot and hope he can fall to us in the 4th.

BOSSHOGG30
03-10-2008, 10:00 AM
Either... we need the help

lex
03-10-2008, 12:16 PM
I am pretty high on Collins even though he fell because of his time a bit. I think both could be very versatile and able to play OG and OT.

Both will be able to fit well in our line just fine.

This is a very very deep draft with zone blocking tackles and versatile tackles.

You also have Baker. Whom stock also fell due to injury.

My sleeper will have to be cousins, zuttah, and Duane Brown out of virginia tech. I like cousins a lot and hope he can fall to us in the 4th.

I like Duane Brown too but he is more of a left tackle. And if Denver takes Brown in the 4th, while it wouldnt be bad, people would ask questions like "if we need a left tackle, why not take Chris Williams in the first?"

Basically, the Lindys I picked up (which was pre-combine, btw) said Nicks was very mobile but couldnt hit a moving target that well. It said he was really solid at the LOS and that he is fairly smooth in pass protection, which all meshed with what I thought when watching him at the senior bowl. But what it said about Collins was that he is basically very good at hitting moving targets (ie DBs and LBs). I would be happy with either one but if all else is equal, it would be good to have a guy who can hit moving targets. It can make the difference between a 7 yard run and a 70 yard run.