PDA

View Full Version : Mlb 2k8

MOtorboat
03-09-2008, 04:06 PM
Came out on Tuesday...didn't get it till today though. I love baseball games. I'm not really a fan of 2K's Swing Stick and new Pitching Controls. I've switched it back to Classic Control already. Anyone else get it yet?

Slick
03-09-2008, 04:29 PM
I might MB. There's a demo for it on the Xbox live. I'm going to download it tonight and give it a shot.

str8jacket
03-09-2008, 05:37 PM
I got it.

Scarface
03-12-2008, 12:32 AM
Anyone played MLB The Show?

sneakers
03-12-2008, 01:26 AM
Anyone played MLB The Show?

That's the one I bought.

I really like it. You don't have to do anything fancy to swing the bat, or pitch-just hit a button.

I have always bought the 2k series before, and I am very impressed with (who makes the MLB:the show again?) the game.

I am 8-2 so far with the Brewers!!!

slim
06-23-2008, 02:57 PM
I downloaded the demos for both 2k8 and The Show. I like the show better. Pretty cool game. 2k8, I don't like the controls (as MB said). In fact, they suck balls.

BOSSHOGG30
06-23-2008, 03:04 PM
I got it MB... Don't really like it too much, but it is ok every now and then. I really hate how baseball has so many games to play and I know you can change it in the game to lesser games, but it just isn't the same.

MHCBill
06-23-2008, 03:16 PM
EA Sports was the best imo... those were fun!!!

MOtorboat
06-23-2008, 03:46 PM
EA Sports was the best imo... those were fun!!!

Loved them too. That first year 2K took over the rights I thought the game sucked. It's grown on me, but I revert everything back to Classic swing, Classic Pitch. I don't need all the fancy-schmanzy bullshit. I just want to throw a pitch where I want it to go and swing the damn bat.

I guess I'm just not a hardcore gameplay gamer. I love the minor league development and trades and the GM stuff a lot, and that was lacking the first year 2K took it over, but they are slowly starting to get up to speed. They even have the real names of real teams, and a lot of the Top 100 Prospects are real too. Even when they are not like with Mike Moustakas, they are pretty similar, and I changed his name over right away.

I hope they keep developing the minor league system and team development, that's what I get a kick out of.

Arkansas Bronco
07-07-2008, 04:41 PM
Which MLB game is the best this year. Also which has the best franchise.

MOtorboat
07-07-2008, 04:42 PM
Which MLB game is the best this year. Also which has the best franchise.

I'm only aware of one MLB game...