PDA

View Full Version : Deadliest Catch Capt. Dies

Buff
02-10-2010, 11:28 AM
'Deadliest Catch' Star Dies
Posted Feb 10th 2010 9:09AM by TMZ Staff

Captain Phil Harris -- star of Discovery Channel's "Deadliest Catch" -- died about an hour ago* ... sources tell TMZ.

Harris was hospitalized a few weeks ago after suffering a stroke while unloading crabs. He had been doing better until the sudden turn.

Captain Harris died in a hospital in Alaska. He was 53.

Harris' kids, Jake and Josh, tell TMZ, "It is with great sadness that we say goodbye to our dad, Captain Phil Harris. Dad has always been a fighter and continued to be until the end. For us and the crew, he was someone who never backed down. We will remember and celebrate that strength. Thanks to everyone for their thoughts and prayers."

*This post originally went up last night at 11:45 PM ET

http://www.tmz.com/2010/02/10/deadliest-catch-star-dies-phil-harris-alaska-/

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.tmz.com/media/2010/02/0203_harris_tmz-1.jpg

Bummer, I liked Capt. Phil. I'm a deadliest catch junkie.

shank
02-10-2010, 12:03 PM
my condolences and everything... but is it just me who appreciates the irony?

Buff
02-10-2010, 12:05 PM
Why is it ironic? Because he didn't die catching crabs?

shank
02-10-2010, 12:06 PM
Why is it ironic? Because he didn't die catching crabs?

precisely

underrated29
02-10-2010, 12:37 PM
saw him in vegas last year playing blackjack at the hardrock. Wont be seeing him this year.

broncofaninfla
02-10-2010, 01:07 PM
I love the show but not surprised. Seemed like he was smoking and drinking coffee every time the camera panned in on him. He was a likeable guy though as is his crew, including his sons. RIP, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.....

T.K.O.
02-10-2010, 01:13 PM
i have a buddy who goes up to dutch harbor and other ports in alaska a couple times a year to rebuild the diesel motors on the boats he has met about 1/2 the guys on the show,not sure if he ever worked on capt. phils boat.
but he told me most of those guys are coked out of their minds all day.
:eek:

broncofaninfla
02-10-2010, 01:27 PM
i have a buddy who goes up to dutch harbor and other ports in alaska a couple times a year to rebuild the diesel motors on the boats he has met about 1/2 the guys on the show,not sure if he ever worked on capt. phils boat.
but he told me most of those guys are coked out of their minds all day.
:eek:

I wonder how they manage that? Seems like they always have frozen snot coming out of thier noses. Seems like it would be a challenge to stop crabbing long enough to snort some blow.

T.K.O.
02-10-2010, 01:37 PM
I wonder how they manage that? Seems like they always have frozen snot coming out of thier noses. Seems like it would be a challenge to stop crabbing long enough to snort some blow.

i dont know who,when or how much.but if you take a bunch of young guys making huge money and tell them to work 18 hrs at that pace.....do the math.
i'm not trying to rip anyone about it.
just saying thats what my buddy said and he has been working on the boats for about 6 years.told me they say there all chugging red bull and such to the tv crews,but they have loads of blow on some of the boats....hav'nt seen it myself but i consider my friend a reliable source.
he has also partied with some of the crews at local bars etc...

underrated29
02-10-2010, 01:45 PM
Maybe they smoke it.

claymore
02-10-2010, 03:18 PM
i dont know who,when or how much.but if you take a bunch of young guys making huge money and tell them to work 18 hrs at that pace.....do the math.
i'm not trying to rip anyone about it.
just saying thats what my buddy said and he has been working on the boats for about 6 years.told me they say there all chugging red bull and such to the tv crews,but they have loads of blow on some of the boats....hav'nt seen it myself but i consider my friend a reliable source.
he has also partied with some of the crews at local bars etc...

If I was them Id switch to meth.

KCL
02-10-2010, 04:09 PM
I watch that every now and then..that's too bad...and at 53 too.

Nomad
02-10-2010, 08:07 PM
I liked watching him on The Deadliest Catch. It's too bad and I feel for his family!!

Timmy!
02-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Shitty. Was forced to watch a lot of Deadliest Catch with the ex. Phil seemed like a pretty good guy and somebody who you'd like to have a beer with.

broncogirl7
02-11-2010, 12:08 AM
Thoughts go out to the family, sadly they knew this was inevitable.
I remember when Phil had his first heart attack and they told him he'd better slow down, stop smoking and drinking and lose some weight.
Those boys needed their dad.

Broncolingus
02-11-2010, 04:44 AM
I didn't see much of the show, but remember that dude from the pic...he did seem like a good guy.

Thoughts/prayers to his family...

sneakers
02-11-2010, 06:31 AM
Must....resist....posting "Did he die of crabs?"

T.K.O.
02-11-2010, 11:10 AM
Must....resist....posting "Did he die of crabs?"

you cant die from catching crabs........right clay ?;)
sorry j/k dont ban me.....but i too could not resist

gnomeflinger
02-11-2010, 04:13 PM
We saw where his boat was docked, in Lake Union at Seattle.

RIP Mr. Krabs. :salute: