PDA

View Full Version : My Idea For "The Stampede"- Your Thoughts?

WARHORSE
02-09-2010, 03:51 PM
Ok. So Im sick to my stomach over our now non existent homefield advantage. Gone are the days of Mile High Mystique, Mile High Magic and Mile High Thunder.

What was once a proud and dominant stadium of raucus rowdies who loved their B R O N C O S, is now the Invesco Porche.

The words of warning from a certain Colorado legend seem to haunt the upper decks of Invesco.

".........As long as the wine sippers dont take over......."

Take me back to the days of the south stands.:salute:

After a while I started thinking, man, how are we ever going to get it back?

Nowadays the old timers go to the games, and they never know whos going to be sitting next to them. Some doctor from Maine with his rugrats and wife in tow. Nothing wrong with Maine Broncos fans being here, but man, they spend their time going back and forth to the bathroom and concession stands instead of watching and cheering till their heads come off.

Gimme back the Mile High Plymouth Duster with the camo spraypainted paint job and take the Invesco Porche back to Germany.

So Im thinking, how can the twelfth man stir things up on game day?

Please gimme your thoughts on my idea.

I know theres "The Stampede" drumline that plays during the games, but I have a better idea. Imo anyways.

This year, we have a campaign to find the most rowdy, raucus Broncos fans.

We hang a very bright carrot in order to get them hyped. We look at the stands on gameday, as well as in the parkinglot on gameday among the tailgaters.

That goes on all next season.

The following offseason, Mr. Bowlen invests a little of his money into building "The Corral".

On the inside field level wall of Invesco, there is padding all along the way. We take that off, and build a cat walk of sorts all along the interior. Its a fairly simple construct, that goes all along the entire inside of the field. Its a little lower than the front row seats, so that if anyone is standing in it, their heads dont impede the view of those sitting in the front rows.

Anyway, this cat walk has sections that extend like a firemans ladder across the player entries on the field level, that settle into place once the game starts.

Then, we take all the rowdies that we gathered, and let them 'stampede' out of the lower level gates, down into 'The Corral'. They will be able to circle the stadium in their raucusness, and yell and scream to their hearts desire.

There can be choreographed Broncos themed chants that can be taught, while accompanying audio blares out of the loudspeakers.

With the audio cueing the chant, The Stampeders can circle right or left, up and down, and scream at the opposition the entire time. Five steps left, five steps right, then jump and scream.....you know what I mean....something for the young and the restless.

Whats the incentive? The Stampeders come in for free. We dont charge them ticket prices. We simply let them come in and raise hell.

Not obnoxious, ignorant or foul mouthed fandom, but most definitely the paint their bodies from head to toe in orange and blue types.

We get them out of the parking lot, or have contests to get them in there.

AND its week to week. Each week, we can let a new set of stampeders come in, that being an incentive week to week for fans to be rowdy.

No one in the entire league has anything like that. It will be ours alone.

Of course waivers will have to be signed, and safety issues gone over in case someone falls when the Broncos are stampeding, but not big issues imo.

A three foot wide catwalk around the interior of the field where its standing only. The padding goes back in front of this. Theres plenty of room to accomodate this.

Whadya think?

CoachChaz
02-09-2010, 04:00 PM
I love it...but Goodell and the NFL would NEVER allow it

T.K.O.
02-09-2010, 04:05 PM
i think for the most part its a great idea...i doubt there will be any RUSH to lay out the $$$ for a cat walk....(and the issue of fire code etc... would have to be addressed to allow the xtra # of people )
but i think you should submit your idea to the public relations dept at dove valley.
they can chop off the parts of the idea that dont work and install the ones that would....you may just be on to something here i think !:salute:

underrated29
02-09-2010, 04:08 PM
i would be one of those stampeders....

Paint me up scottie.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
02-09-2010, 04:16 PM
YES.

Absolutely.

WARHORSE
02-09-2010, 09:18 PM
I love it...but Goodell and the NFL would NEVER allow it

Really? Why do you think so?

Im wondering why he wouldnt. What do you think his concerns would be?

WARHORSE
02-09-2010, 09:20 PM
i would be one of those stampeders....

Paint me up scottie.

Zackly. If it gets me front row seats with a license to run amok, and all I gotta do is holla non stop, Im all aboard.

Probably lose a pound or two while we're at it.

Call it community health plan number 748.....;)

T.K.O.
02-09-2010, 09:21 PM
hey WAR ,
how about a big wagon pulled by some beefy horses that holds about 50 fans that could "circle the wagons"
that way there is no big expense up front and they could move down the sidelines like you said?

WARHORSE
02-09-2010, 09:24 PM
i think for the most part its a great idea...i doubt there will be any RUSH to lay out the $$$ for a cat walk....(and the issue of fire code etc... would have to be addressed to allow the xtra # of people )
but i think you should submit your idea to the public relations dept at dove valley.
they can chop off the parts of the idea that dont work and install the ones that would....you may just be on to something here i think !:salute:

Actually, I thought of that. While it seems like alot, it can actually be done quite reasonably.

As for the public relations, I didnt really know how to contact them.
But I did send the idea to Paige, Kiz and Leg, and asked them to pass it on.

I'll see if I can find out who to email or contact with the Broncos PR group.

Thanks!

WARHORSE
02-09-2010, 09:26 PM
hey WAR ,
how about a big wagon pulled by some beefy horses that holds about 50 fans that could "circle the wagons"
that way there is no big expense up front and they could move down the sidelines like you said?

haha

SOMETHING has gotta get the rowdys back on top.

Only difference is the Stampeders could go for it all during the game. Not sure you could run the wagon past the bench areas without running someone over.:cool:

Shazam!
02-09-2010, 11:09 PM
It is no coincidence that the Broncos HFA has evaporated. The team has sucked for awhile.