PDA

View Full Version : Bronco Season Tickets

Denver Native (Carol)
02-09-2010, 01:30 PM
Yesterday, I received my online statement for my season tickets. Within the statement was the following:

FAMILY SECTION

New for 2010, sections 300-301 and 345-346 are being converted to reserved seat family sections. There will be no alcohol served or allowed in these sections. Tickets are $1100 for the season. To request seats in the new family sections, please fill out the online seat improvement request form or the seat improvement request card included in your season ticket package.

This got me to thinking:

OK - I am sure that some or most of these seats are already season tickets. HOW can they go back to these people and TELL them that oh by the way - if you want to continue to purchase these seats, your cost will NOW be $1100 for the season, and oh by the way - there will be no alcohol served or allowed in these sections?????????? So, if some season ticket holders do NOT want to pay the extra charge, will the Broncos be able to accomodate them in another section - seats just as good as they had before?????

Am I crazy to think there may be possible law suits coming out of this????

Nomad
02-09-2010, 01:49 PM
I've never bought season tickets for anything. Is there some kind of contract/lease agreement you sign and is there fine print language? I would pay the extra money so I don't have to sit around a bunch of drunks.

claymore
02-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Another case of the vocal minority screwing the majority.

T.K.O.
02-09-2010, 01:57 PM
football w/o beer ?:shocked: whats that you say ?:confused:
i would just get pretty hammered before i went in anyway ....who wants to pay 8 bucks for a beer !:salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
02-09-2010, 02:24 PM
I've never bought season tickets for anything. Is there some kind of contract/lease agreement you sign and is there fine print language? I would pay the extra money so I don't have to sit around a bunch of drunks.

I don't remember if - way back when - I had to sign anything. I am sure there are some who would pay the extra money to avoid the alcohol being around them, but what if some of these season ticket holders - even though they do not drink - can not afford the extra cost. Location wise, these tickets are the same as my season tickets, which cost $775.00 - so if that was the cost to these people before, and now they are being ask to pay $1,100 - they may not be able to afford the extra cost. In previous years, in which the price for the season tickets went up, I can't ever remember an increase of $325.00.

This is something that should have been implemented when Invesco opened, and the more I think of it - WHY should someone be expected to pay an additional $325.00 to avoid alcohol??????? The cost for my tickets did not go up this year.

GEM
02-09-2010, 02:33 PM
I would guess that just like you got the note asking if you wanted to move to those seats, those that already have those seats got a note asking if they wanted to move to another section or stay in the family section.

:shrugs:

weazel
02-09-2010, 02:41 PM
prices for you guys to come sit on my couch and watch the game with me are now $500 a season and includes a few beer, pulled pork sandwiches, and nacho chips. Gem might get a discount if she wears a tight shirt.

T.K.O.
02-09-2010, 02:45 PM
you would think the seats would be cheaper since the venders can skip it and get to the paying customers faster (= more beer sales)sounds like somebody's double dipping !maybe that will earn pat some $$$ to pay marshall,doom,kuper and ko:D

Nomad
02-09-2010, 02:47 PM
I don't remember if - way back when - I had to sign anything. I am sure there are some who would pay the extra money to avoid the alcohol being around them, but what if some of these season ticket holders - even though they do not drink - can not afford the extra cost. Location wise, these tickets are the same as my season tickets, which cost $775.00 - so if that was the cost to these people before, and now they are being ask to pay $1,100 - they may not be able to afford the extra cost. In previous years, in which the price for the season tickets went up, I can't ever remember an increase of $325.00.

This is something that should have been implemented when Invesco opened, and the more I think of it - WHY should someone be expected to pay an additional $325.00 to avoid alcohol??????? The cost for my tickets did not go up this year.

It's not the alcohol that bothers me because I like a few beers during a football game, it's the idiots who take it to another extreme that is why this is even being mentioned, and I've seen it a couple times. Yeah, that is a little steep just for that change but it may be worth it to many folks!!

Dirk
02-09-2010, 02:47 PM
I think it is a great idea having a section for families. If a family can afford to take their kids to the games, I'm sure they don't want some drunken fool sitting behind them yelling cuss words and spilling beer on their kids. Maybe people have petitioned them for this type of seating.

Now, to just "spring" it on unsuspecting season ticket holders is kind of rude.

Nomad
02-09-2010, 02:53 PM
I think it is a great idea having a section for families. If a family can afford to take their kids to the games, I'm sure they don't want some drunken fool sitting behind them yelling cuss words and spilling beer on their kids. Maybe people have petitioned them for this type of seating.

Yeah, I would be pissed if they did that to me if I had season tickets there and wouldn't care about a family atmosphere.

titan
02-09-2010, 02:59 PM
I don't drink but still wouldn't buy tickets in a "family section". I had family section tickets for the Rockies a few years back for some games. They are very hard to sell if you don't want to go yourself. My beer drinking buddies said "no beer??? no thanks!!"

Denver Native (Carol)
02-09-2010, 05:00 PM

Guess there is a possibility that the season ticket holders in these sections were given written notice, maybe when they renewed their season tickets last year, that these sections this coming year would be "alcohol free", and maybe even at that time, they could either commit to keep those seats, or be able to move to other seats this year for the upcoming season.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
02-09-2010, 05:27 PM
Don't ST increase each year anyway :confused: They do over here, more than usual in the last few years. (some have doubled in the last 5 years thanks to the f*****g Glazers :mad: ) From $775 to $1100 is a huge increase but don't the Broncos have the right to charge what they want? If fans or customers as we seem to be called now a days aren't prepared to pay for them then that is your/their choice? Just like I told Glazer and his gimps where to shove their season ticket.

Please don't think I'm saying it's ok, I'm not, I detest the way sports fans all over the world are being shit on from a great height in the pursuit of $£$£$£$£. From a legal point of view though what have they done wrong? Have you signed into a seat license (is that what it's called) which states the prices for the next so many years or something. Even creating/moving the family enclosure, isn't this again the Bronco's right? They are offering alternate seats are they not to the STH effected by this? Again that has happened over here. They put corporate seats into the heart of the hardcore stand at Old Trafford.

Of course we are under different laws and I know as much about Colorado law as much as a San Diego player knows how a Superbowl ring feels. I just can't see how a lawsuit could be filed because of this.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-09-2010, 05:31 PM
The Broncos season tickets have not went up for the last two or three years at least.

T.K.O.
02-09-2010, 05:35 PM
Of course we are under different laws and I know as much about Colorado law as much as a San Diego player knows how a Superbowl ring feels. I just can't see how a lawsuit could be filed because of this.

classic........very nicely put !:salute::laugh:

GEM
02-09-2010, 05:37 PM
The Broncos season tickets have not went up for the last two or three years at least.

But those rookie contracts sure have...those new contracts sure have...

Thank you Bowlen! :salute:

T.K.O.
02-09-2010, 05:48 PM
But those rookie contracts sure have...those new contracts sure have...

Thank you Bowlen! :salute:

i know the nfl owners have a pretty good thing goin' but we do have to admit if the salaries,rookie or veteren, continue to rise at the rate they have been for the past decade. none of us regular joe (or jane) type fans would ever be able to afford to go to a game in 2020 !
i mean you would be lookin' at 500.00 a seat and 20 dollar beers :mad:
so though i pray there will be a deal in time for a 2011 season.i can see why the owners are fighting to restructure some things in the cba.
players have valid points as well,but c'mon without the people who invest the huge bucks for the team,stadiums etc... the nfl would cease to exist and those players would be happy to make 200,000 in a smaller league.

sorry for the rant i could'nt stop myself :rolleyes:

broken12
02-09-2010, 06:29 PM
and those are the club level seats anyway!

Denver Native (Carol)
02-09-2010, 06:36 PM
and those are the club level seats anyway!

If you are talking about the seats which are posted in my original post, they are not the club level seats. Those are MUCH more than $1100.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=889843&postcount=26

They are TWO club seats in section 307, row 17, seats 15 and 16 (aisle). A parking pass is also included.

The price for the 10 games is $6020 (8 regular season and 2 preseason), which is $400 under face value.

ManchesterBroncoLUHG
02-09-2010, 06:39 PM

I see. I don't think it changes the Bronco's right to increase this year though. It could be a major own goal with the current climate but unless it's against the law I don't understand how a law suit could be filed.

I've just noticed that your seat is the same price so it is shocking that families will be charged more, disgraceful. Doesn't change the fact that they can do it sadly.

How many people sit in these blocks? I imagine there a more than a few unhappy people?

Buff
02-09-2010, 06:41 PM
prices for you guys to come sit on my couch and watch the game with me are now $500 a season and includes a few beer, pulled pork sandwiches, and nacho chips. Gem might get a discount if she wears a tight shirt.

Seems fair to me. Where do I sign up?

Denver Native (Carol)
02-09-2010, 07:15 PM
I see. I don't think it changes the Bronco's right to increase this year though. It could be a major own goal with the current climate but unless it's against the law I don't understand how a law suit could be filed.

I've just noticed that your seat is the same price so it is shocking that families will be charged more, disgraceful. Doesn't change the fact that they can do it sadly.

How many people sit in these blocks? I imagine there a more than a few unhappy people?

Of course, the owner has the right to increase ticket prices whenever he wants. The only tickets that will be increased this year are the ones in the new designated "Family Section". So, for those who have had tickets in this section - they will be paying $1100, versus $775.00. I was basing the possibility of a law suit by some of these people who can not afford the $325.00 increase, and if they are relocated to seats that are not as good as these.

Or, as I said in another post, maybe they were given a "heads up" when they renewed last year, and have had a year to decide if they would pay the increase, or want to take the chance of relocating their tickets after it is determined how many season ticket holders have not renewed their tickets.

T.K.O.
02-09-2010, 08:56 PM
Of course, the owner has the right to increase ticket prices whenever he wants. The only tickets that will be increased this year are the ones in the new designated "Family Section". So, for those who have had tickets in this section - they will be paying $1100, versus $775.00. I was basing the possibility of a law suit by some of these people who can not afford the $325.00 increase, and if they are relocated to seats that are not as good as these.

Or, as I said in another post, maybe they were given a "heads up" when they renewed last year, and have had a year to decide if they would pay the increase, or want to take the chance of relocating their tickets after it is determined how many season ticket holders have not renewed their tickets.

it could also be that they are required to offer these "family friendly" seats after a group lobbied for them,and if they dont get the needed response it will not happen.
they sure as heck are'nt gonna leave a few hundred empty seats if they dont have takers.

Lonestar
02-10-2010, 12:00 PM
I'd guess that those ST owners already in this section are getting the option ti stay there this yaer at the old price. And will be given equal seats or better if they "choose" not to stay in a family section.

There is little doubt in my mind that this is indeed because of a group or a threat of a lawsuit.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

Nomad
02-10-2010, 12:16 PM
I'd guess that those ST owners already in this section are getting the option ti stay there this yaer at the old price. And will be given equal seats or better if they "choose" not to stay in a family section.

There is little doubt in my mind that this is indeed because of a group or a threat of a lawsuit.

Yeah, for the organization to all of a sudden do this, it would have to have taken more than a handful of season ticket holders concerned with the issue!! And I assume if they don't sell out the sections (which I doubt), they'll tell people to suck it up and go back to what it wasl!!

Lonestar
02-10-2010, 01:56 PM
If they do not sell it out these tickets will go to the game day sales at worst.

If after a couple of years of trying to keep the area a family one. Itdoes not sell out then it will shrink in size before they get rid of it.

One year will not make or break it.
Many folks will pay extra for the privilge of having less drunk morons around them.

GEM
02-10-2010, 02:19 PM
i know the nfl owners have a pretty good thing goin' but we do have to admit if the salaries,rookie or veteren, continue to rise at the rate they have been for the past decade. none of us regular joe (or jane) type fans would ever be able to afford to go to a game in 2020 !
i mean you would be lookin' at 500.00 a seat and 20 dollar beers :mad:
so though i pray there will be a deal in time for a 2011 season.i can see why the owners are fighting to restructure some things in the cba.
players have valid points as well,but c'mon without the people who invest the huge bucks for the team,stadiums etc... the nfl would cease to exist and those players would be happy to make 200,000 in a smaller league.

sorry for the rant i could'nt stop myself :rolleyes:

I'm surprised Bowlen hasn't raised prices, it isn't like the contracts have stayed the same or gone down. That's why I was saluting him. :D

dogfish
02-10-2010, 03:19 PM
http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/2507/41831237.png (http://img62.imageshack.us/i/41831237.png/)