PDA

View Full Version : Drafting a MLB?

lex
03-08-2008, 12:07 PM
Whats everyones feelings on this? I personally would like to see DJ move back to Will and try to draft someone like Jon Goff out of Vandy, who is slotted to go around the 4th. He had one of the better 40 times at the combine. He's a little stiff but be can run and fill. I also like Spencer Larsen.

turftoad
03-08-2008, 12:12 PM
Whats everyones feelings on this? I personally would like to see DJ move back to Will and try to draft someone like Jon Goff out of Vandy, who is slotted to go around the 4th. He had one of the better 40 times at the combine. He's a little stiff but be can run and fill. I also like Spencer Larsen.

I'd go for that in the 4th. Give Niko some competition. Looks like DJ is moving to will.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-08-2008, 12:35 PM
I don't think Goff lasts til the 4th. Beau Bell...maybe I also like Ezra Butler on the outside.

lex
03-08-2008, 12:45 PM
I don't think Goff lasts til the 4th. Beau Bell...maybe I also like Ezra Butler on the outside.

Yeah, there are probably 150-200 players that, when you look at them individually, could go in the first three rounds. The only problem is that there are only 95 spots in the first 3 rounds.

turftoad
03-08-2008, 01:34 PM
Yeah, there are probably 150-200 players that, when you look at them individually, could go in the first three rounds. The only problem is that there are only 95 spots in the first 3 rounds.

You started this thread. I would assume you were looking for feedback when you started it. I would assume that you wanted to discuss the topic.

So.......... someone makes a post with thier opinion and you gotta be a smartalec about it.

I guess I don't understand.

lex
03-08-2008, 01:43 PM
You started this thread. I would assume you were looking for feedback when you started it. I would assume that you wanted to discuss the topic.

So.......... someone makes a post with thier opinion and you gotta be a smartalec about it.

I guess I don't understand.

Do you mean like Guiness?

What he said didnt bother me. Im just pointing out a reality. Its true Goff might go before the 4th but its also true that this could be true for several players...more players than there are spots. Whats to not understand? Why take issue with this?

TXBRONC
03-08-2008, 02:04 PM
So are any MLBs worthy being selected at number 12?

lex
03-08-2008, 02:13 PM

Its hard to know how the FO feels about Connor but, I think it makes more sense to get one later. Maualuga would have been a good choice but he stayed at USC. Larsen, Lofton, Goff, Mayo are all guys Id feel better about drafting than Connor at 12.

Fan in Exile
03-08-2008, 02:22 PM
I would like to take a year and see how Niko does. Next year we would have a shot at an elite MLB if he doesn't pan out. I'd like to use the later round draft picks that we have to address WR. I really don't think that we can wait for the seventh round to do that.

shank
03-08-2008, 02:28 PM
before signing niko and boss, i really wanted a lb in round 2. now that we got them though, i'm not sure how i feel about taking linebacker at all. we now have 2 of last seasons starters as backups, plenty of ST talent at linebacker, and a decent (at minimum) starting 3.

so now i would say to use our picks at other positions, or to limit linebackers to maybe a late round guy, 5+

then if niko really just doesn't work out, we can always enter the james/ray contest in next years draft, leaving us with a great mlb.

i feel totally comfortable having nate webster as our backup mlb and winborn as our backup will. if we get a lb this year, he should be someone who could be a backup at sam, especially with boss' injury history.

TXBRONC
03-08-2008, 02:48 PM
Its hard to know how the FO feels about Connor but, I think it makes more sense to get one later. Maualuga would have been a good choice but he stayed at USC. Larsen, Lofton, Goff, Mayo are all guys Id feel better about drafting than Connor at 12.

I'm only asking out of curiosity nothing more, because considering our situation there are other positions that should have a higher priority in my opinion.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-08-2008, 03:07 PM

Based on overall internet opinion value...no

But I do believe that in 10 years, Connor will be looked at as a stud and people will say taking him at 12 wouldn't have been unreasonable.

fcspikeit
03-08-2008, 03:10 PM

IMO, LB is way down on the list... It's the only position we have really addressed in FA. If we were going to use one of our top 4 picks on a LB we should have pusher harder for a starting DT..

I would love to see us take one of the top FB's with one of our 4th picks...

DenBronx
03-08-2008, 03:40 PM
lets just band aid the mlb with niko until next years draft so we can get lauranitis. :D

dogfish
03-08-2008, 04:00 PM
before these signings i was hoping for at least one LB in the draft, but at this point i don't consider it a priority anymore. . . i'm not convinced that niko is going to be the answer-- have to see him play first-- but now that we've spent the cash to bring him in i think we should at least see what he can do. . . the seattle coaches and fans all seem to think that he can be a solid starter, and before this past year or so denver has alwys done a really good job of finding quality linebackers, so i'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt (although that's not the same as counting on him being good). . .

that doesn't mean that i don't think we should take a LB if there's good value on the board, but i'd take other positions first-- with two new 'backers, DT, OT, S, RB and WR are all more pressing needs IMO. . . ultimately though, i'm more interested in drating for value and getting good long term prospects, regardless of position. . . i agree with smilin that connor is going to be a good player, but i'd rather have a RB or OT at 12. . . mayo is an excellent prospect, and may end up being the best LB of this class-- i wouldn't at all mind getting him at 42, but i honestly suspect that he's not going to last that long. . . i wouldn't mind getting somebody like goff or bell if they're available in the 4th, but i wouldn't be especially disappointed if we don't get any 'backers in this years draft. . .

dogfish
03-08-2008, 04:00 PM
lets just band aid the mlb with niko until next years draft so we can get maualuga. :D

i agree. . .

SmilinAssasSin27
03-08-2008, 04:05 PM
do we plan on drafting top 10 next year...cuz that's likely what it will take to get Maulauga.

Besides, Niko may just surprise some folks here.

dogfish
03-08-2008, 04:08 PM
do we plan on drafting top 10 next year...cuz that's likely what it will take to get Maulauga.

Besides, Niko may just surprise some folks here.

well, we're drafting at 12 this year, and so far i can't see any reason to think that next year's team is going to be any better. . . plug in a rookie kicker instead of elam this year, and we'd be in the top ten. . . obviously you never know, but i think there's a better chance than most people want to admit right now. . .

SmilinAssasSin27
03-08-2008, 04:12 PM
What did Elam do that was so spectacular this year? Yes he did hit gamewinners, but it's not like they were 50 plus. The one in Buffalo was a bit rushed, but it wasn't a hard kick for anyone in the NFL. he's been less dependable overall over recent years anyways.

Also, I'm not saying we're winning the SB, but we're gonna be improved. The O will be fine and the rush D can't get worse. We have a stud QB/WR combination, some solid LB additions and the DT spot wWILL be addressed.

turftoad
03-08-2008, 04:18 PM
Do you mean like Guiness?

What he said didnt bother me. Im just pointing out a reality. Its true Goff might go before the 4th but its also true that this could be true for several players...more players than there are spots. Whats to not understand? Why take issue with this?

Lex, not trying to make it an issue.

I'm not the only member here to see that your response to smilinassassin was in a sarcastic way.
You started the thread like I said. I would assume you were looking for opinions and discussion on the thread. You came back with a sarcastic comeback to him.

Lex, I know you are knowledgeable about football, the Broncos and our needs. However, you aren't the only one that knows about this stuff. There are plenty of knowlagable football members here.
There are also some not so knowledgeable members too. There is no need to make them look that way with sarcasm or be sarcastic if they don't agree with your opinions.

You started the thread so lets discuss.

The more I read and see Niko the more I like the signing. Can he handle the job? We'll have to wait and see. That said, I wouldn't mind bringing in a MLB to compete with him. The only one even close to being valued at #12 is probably Conner. I don't think we make that pick with the signing of Niko.
So... I wouldn't mind at all if we drafted someone in the second or later rounds.
Moving DJ to WILL is a good idea. I just hope Boss can up his play from his years in Detroit. If so, I think we may be OK at LB this year.

I also think with the two LB signings that we need to pay more attention to other positions. JMO

SmilinAssasSin27
03-08-2008, 04:21 PM
I'm not Lex's biggest fan, but I hafta say...I actually didn't take it as a bash. I took it as we all toss names on the pile, but there are also so few actual pix to go around. It was a valid point in my eyes.

thanx for the backing though.

lex
03-08-2008, 04:29 PM
Lex, not trying to make it an issue.

I'm not the only member here to see that your response to smilinassassin was in a sarcastic way.
You started the thread like I said. I would assume you were looking for opinions and discussion on the thread. You came back with a sarcastic comeback to him.

Lex, I know you are knowledgeable about football, the Broncos and our needs. However, you aren't the only one that knows about this stuff. There are plenty of knowlagable football members here.
There are also some not so knowledgeable members too. There is no need to make them look that way with sarcasm or be sarcastic if they don't agree with your opinions.

You started the thread so lets discuss.

The more I read and see Niko the more I like the signing. Can he handle the job? We'll have to wait and see. That said, I wouldn't mind bringing in a MLB to compete with him. The only one even close to being valued at #12 is probably Conner. I don't think we make that pick with the signing of Niko.
So... I wouldn't mind at all if we drafted someone in the second or later rounds.
Moving DJ to WILL is a good idea. I just hope Boss can up his play from his years in Detroit. If so, I think we may be OK at LB this year.

I also think with the two LB signings that we need to pay more attention to other positions. JMO

There was no sarcasm. You're way too spooked about what you think I might say that you are now seeing things that are not there.

turftoad
03-08-2008, 04:42 PM
There was no sarcasm. You're way too spooked about what you think I might say that you are now seeing things that are not there.

That's your only response?

What about the LB comments I made?

You must be a Guiness now to be able to tell me what I am thinking.

I'm done with this. This is a good thread you started.

Lets keep it on topic.

Hoshdude7
03-08-2008, 04:43 PM
Is there deep talent for MLB's?

turftoad
03-08-2008, 04:45 PM

Not a real good year for MLB. Probably one first rounder then a few 2nd and 3rd rounder that could do well few late rounders that may suprise but I doubt it.

shank
03-08-2008, 05:28 PM
What did Elam do that was so spectacular this year? Yes he did hit gamewinners, but it's not like they were 50 plus. The one in Buffalo was a bit rushed, but it wasn't a hard kick for anyone in the NFL. he's been less dependable overall over recent years anyways.

the last two seasons elam has had FG% of 87.1 (07) and 93.1 (06) which just so happen to be his two best seasons (also had 87.1% in 2003) he's ever had as a kicker. i'll accept the knocks on his distance as he hasn't had the same leg since the new millenium, but you're wrong to say that he's become less dependable.

TXBRONC
03-08-2008, 05:30 PM
lets just band aid the mlb with niko until next years draft so we can get lauranitis. :D

What do we do if Niko has solid year and shows he can handle the job?

SmilinAssasSin27
03-08-2008, 05:30 PM
the last two seasons elam has had FG% of 87.1 (07) and 93.1 (06) which just so happen to be his two best seasons (also had 87.1% in 2003) he's ever had as a kicker. i'll accept the knocks on his distance as he hasn't had the same leg since the new millenium, but you're wrong to say that he's become less dependable.

nice catch...any comment @ dependability has to do strictly w/ distance.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-08-2008, 05:32 PM

The depth is better this year than in some recnt years. There isn't that must have guy in the top 10 ala Willis or Hawk, but when ya look at Connor, Mayo, Lofton, Goff, Wheeler and hall...this class is rather deep at late 1st-3rd round LB talent.

shank
03-08-2008, 05:34 PM

that's a tough call, as you'd love to have a player like james or ray on your team.

the thing that makes it not a tough call is that if niko proves to be a good mlb, then it is no longer a need! he's only 26, so if he proves to be good, then it's not going to be an issue of needing an mlb for a long time... it'll actually be very very good if niko turns out to be good enough that we don't need to think about taking an MLB next year, as we can focus on taking safety high in the draft!

lex
03-08-2008, 05:36 PM
that's a tough call, as you'd love to have a player like james or ray on your team.

the thing that makes it not a tough call is that if niko proves to be a good mlb, then it is no longer a need! he's only 26, so if he proves to be good, then it's not going to be an issue of needing an mlb for a long time... it'll actually be very very good if niko turns out to be good enough that we don't need to think about taking an MLB next year, as we can focus on taking safety high in the draft!

Dont forget. We're also seeing how LT goes this year with Harris and Pears(going by the presser). We may actually be needing a LT as well.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-08-2008, 05:36 PM
I think Niko will be fine. It says a lot that the Seattle fans speak so highly of him after he left town. Can't wait to see him man the middle.

shank
03-08-2008, 05:40 PM
Dont forget. We're also seeing how LT goes this year with Harris and Pears(going by the presser). We may actually be needing a LT as well.

definitley. if all works out with either, then great! we are set as they are both young. if not, then we can go LT early next year as well, as i have heard that safety will be very deep next year, with several studs. not sure about LT depth, but you're right, it may be a big need next year as well.

lex
03-08-2008, 05:42 PM
definitley. if all works out with either, then great! we are set as they are both young. if not, then we can go LT early next year as well, as i have heard that safety will be very deep next year, with several studs. not sure about LT depth, but you're right, it may be a big need next year as well.

Well, Im not exactly THAT optimistic about Harris. I hope he does well but he practically never played this year. Its a huge question mark...as is his back.

shank
03-08-2008, 05:47 PM
Well, Im not exactly THAT optimistic about Harris. I hope he does well but he practically never played this year. Its a huge question mark...as is his back.

the fact that we've done nothing in FA makes me optomistic. Not necessarily about Harris, but about the LT situation.

either shanny is confident that harris can be the guy, or he knows that he can't and the need will be addressed in the draft.

because harris is an unknown, when i pencil in our depth chart, i see pears at LT and harris at RT because of his limited experience and pears success at LT as a rookie compared to his play at RT...

lex
03-08-2008, 05:50 PM
the fact that we've done nothing in FA makes me optomistic. Not necessarily about Harris, but about the LT situation.

either shanny is confident that harris can be the guy, or he knows that he can't and the need will be addressed in the draft.

because harris is an unknown, when i pencil in our depth chart, i see pears at LT and harris at RT because of his limited experience and pears success at LT as a rookie compared to his play at RT...

Yeah, maybe our boy Zuttah can step in at LG so Kuper can slide over to RT. And yes, I realize Hamilton will be back but I think it would be a mistake to assume he's going to be what he was and last the year.

I dont know. A lot of solid points being made. I guess Im just reluctant to assume someone will be anything less than a disappointment. I still think Goff would be a value pick in the 4th.

turftoad
03-08-2008, 05:54 PM
I've read somewhere that Harris and Kuper may be competing for the LT spot. The loser of that battle may end up at RT with Pears backing up.
We do need one more even if it's a back up.
This, of course is all up in the air depending on what we do in the draft.

shank
03-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Yeah, maybe our boy Zuttah can step in at LG so Kuper can slide over to RT. And yes, I realize Hamilton will be back but I think it would be a mistake to assume he's going to be what he was and last the year.

I dont know. A lot of solid points being made. I guess Im just reluctant to assume someone will be anything less than a disappointment. I still think Goff would be a value pick in the 4th.

i think goff would be good in the 4th as well, but i feel comfortable with niko and webster. if niko turns out to be no good, webster can take over (and he's a better mlb than olb). then we know that the need is there and can feel good about pushing hard for a star mlb next draft. either that or niko comes in and plays well, and we can feel good about having a young MLB and focus on other needs.

lex
03-08-2008, 05:58 PM

I dont see Harris as a RT. That guy is all finesse. Plus, on top of that he fasts around football season. Id rather have Zuttah play RT than Harris.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-08-2008, 06:02 PM
I'm excited to at least see what Harris and Kuper can bring to the team at OT. If they bomb...go OT heavy in 2009.

fcspikeit
03-08-2008, 06:13 PM

shank I don't have the states in front of me but one thing that jumps out at me is the seemingly lack of long attempts..

What was Elam's average in previous years for attempts under 50? My point is that, as the distance goes up the % drops. If Elam had 15 attempts of 50 + in years past it would have drove down is %. Beings we almost never even attempted anything over 50 last year his #s would have been a lot better...

The fact we had no confidence in him over 50, really hurt us. A couple times we even punted instead of letting him try. When you consider we have to keep an open spot for someone to do nothing more then kick off he is hurting this team...

I would love to keep him if for no other reason except I don't want to see him end his carrier with another team.. But to be honest, his contributions last year were canceled out by the fact he can't kick over 50 or even kick the ball inside the 10...

shank
03-08-2008, 06:42 PM
shank I don't have the states in front of me but one thing that jumps out at me is the seemingly lack of long attempts..

What was Elam's average in previous years for attempts under 50? My point is that, as the distance goes up the % drops. If Elam had 15 attempts of 50 + in years past it would have drove down is %. Beings we almost never even attempted anything over 50 last year his #s would have been a lot better...

The fact we had no confidence in him over 50, really hurt us. A couple times we even punted instead of letting him try. When you consider we have to keep an open spot for someone to do nothing more then kick off he is hurting this team...

I would love to keep him if for no other reason except I don't want to see him end his carrier with another team.. But to be honest, his contributions last year were canceled out by the fact he can't kick over 50 or even kick the ball inside the 10...

i realize this, and thought about it before posting, but it's not that big of a deal. ever since 2000 (i believe is the year he had the hammy injury that really took the boom out of his leg) we have attempted less long kicks with jason. a few years ago it was to avoid him being injured, now it's most likely that he doesn't have the distance any more...

but if you look at his long FG of each season from 07(top) back:

there have been a lot of seasons where elam didn't hit from further than 50-52 yards. his career per season long average is 53.1 yards, skewed heavily by 98 and that 63 yarder...

i realize that where we once could have trotted him out for 3 on a 52 yard field goal without a second though, we now have to think hard and make a decision about what to do, but i dont think that alone is enough of a reason to discount the fact that he's had his 2 best %s the last two seasons.

TXBRONC
03-08-2008, 06:44 PM

His deteriorating range would be my guess as to why Shanahan is letting him go.

shank
03-08-2008, 06:53 PM
His deteriorating range would be my guess as why Shanahan is letting him go.

i don't question this, and somewhat agree with it.

another way of saying what i was trying to say in my last post. in only 4 of his 15 seasons has elam had a long FG of 55+ yards. sure we KNEW he could kick those long ones, but in ONLY 4 seasons did he even get the chance or need to kick one of those long ones.

sure it's very nice to have faith in your kicker that if he needs to put one through from 57 for a game winner, you don't think twice about going for 3, but it's been so rare throughout elams career, that there's no way you can say that his decrease in range is the reason why he's had his best two seasons of a HOF career in the last two years.

fcspikeit
03-08-2008, 06:57 PM
i realize this, and thought about it before posting, but it's not that big of a deal. ever since 2000 (i believe is the year he had the hammy injury that really took the boom out of his leg) we have attempted less long kicks with jason. a few years ago it was to avoid him being injured, now it's most likely that he doesn't have the distance any more...

but if you look at his long FG of each season from 07(top) back:

there have been a lot of seasons where Elam didn't hit from further than 50-52 yards. his career per season long average is 53.1 yards, skewed heavily by 98 and that 63 yarder...

i realize that where we once could have trotted him out for 3 on a 52 yard field goal without a second though, we now have to think hard and make a decision about what to do, but i dont think that alone is enough of a reason to discount the fact that he's had his 2 best %s the last two seasons.

Season long is fine but it don't tell the whole story, If a kicker is 50% over 50 yards and he had 10 attempts it is going to hurt his total average. If that same kicker was 50% over 50 and he only had 2 attempts it isn't going to hurt his total average nearly as bad.

when you figure a kicker normally only has what, 25 made field goals a year? the extra 4 misses will make a huge difference on the total season average..

tubby
03-08-2008, 06:59 PM
His deteriorating range would be my guess as why Shanahan is letting him go.

That's not a done deal just yet. I could easily see Elam back in Denver. It's all about money right now and they are playing chicken. We shall see.

TXBRONC
03-08-2008, 06:59 PM

That's the way I look at it. If Niko proves that he can handle the job then the Mike position is set for many years to come barring injury.

tubby
03-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Oh yeah, this thread was about a MLB.

I really wanted Lofton in round 2 and still wouldn't mind. With KoKo and Boss on board that desire has deminished.

TXBRONC
03-08-2008, 07:03 PM
That's not a done deal just yet. I could easily see Elam back in Denver. It's all about money right now and they are playing chicken. We shall see.

Yeah I suppose there is chance the could give him a new contract, but I am fairly certain that the NFL Network said that Elam is a free agent right now.

shank
03-08-2008, 07:05 PM
Season long is fine but it don't tell the whole story, If a kicker is 50% over 50 yards and he had 10 attempts it is going to hurt his total average. If that same kicker was 50% over 50 and he only had 2 attempts it isn't going to hurt his total average nearly as bad.

when you figure a kicker normally only has what, 25 made field goals a year? the extra 4 misses will make a huge difference on the total season average..

see post 44.

even when elam did have the leg, he was rarely making field goals from long range, which shows that either he was missing them then as well, or the chances just never arose. this means that because long kicks were rare (or not being made even when elam had longer range) his diminished leg strength cannot be THE reason that he has seen an increase in FG %.

shank
03-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Yeah I suppose there is chance the could give him a new contract, but I am fairly certain that the NFL Network said that Elam is a free agent right now.

he is a FA. so far we have shown minimal interest in resigning him and it appears as though he could walk and sign with another team. his main suitor is the chiefs. :puke:

TXBRONC
03-08-2008, 07:14 PM
he is a FA. so far we have shown minimal interest in resigning him and it appears as though he could walk and sign with another team. his main suitor is the chiefs. :puke:

I can see it now. K.C. signs him and then we play at Arrowhead and the Chiefs win on last minute field goal by Elam. :laugh:

topscribe
03-08-2008, 10:12 PM

I don't know much about the other candidates, but I do know Spencer
Larsen since he matriculated at the University of Arizona.

If Spencer Larsen is still around by the 4th round, he might be a good pickup
for depth. I'm not sure of him as a starter. He does not have an abundance
of athleticism . . . a poor man's Zach Thomas, maybe?

I watched him before he went on his Mormon mission and after he came back.
You cannot get better character or heart than this guy has. He also wraps up
and is a good tackler. Because of his so-so speed (around 5.0), however,
he will have to have superb anticipation (ala Lynch) to survive in the
middle.

-----

DenBronx
03-09-2008, 12:37 AM

id love to see niko represent that number 53 with the same level of intensity that romo did.

shank
03-09-2008, 12:58 AM
id love to see niko represent that number 53 with the same level of intensity that romo did.

from what those hawks fans were saying about him, i think it's a possibility. they said he plays hard and hits mean. it'll be really nice if he turns out to be a stud and we don't have to worry about our linebackers for a couple of years (lock DJ up!)

mclark
03-10-2008, 12:13 PM
I like Beau Bell in the fourth, if he lasts that long. And Thomas Williams in the fifth. Both guys are versatile and can play inside and outside.

Williams was the #4 linebacker on USC's defense -- but he would have started on most other teams in the nation.

lex
03-10-2008, 12:19 PM
I like Beau Bell in the fourth, if he lasts that long. And Thomas Williams in the fifth. Both guys are versatile and can play inside and outside.

Williams was the #4 linebacker on USC's defense -- but he would have started on most other teams in the nation.

Nice call. I was intending to mention him too. He has been doing very well at post season stuff.

BOSSHOGG30
03-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Andrew Studebaker is another guy to keep your eye on... he is a super sleeper.... Played for Wheaton as a DE. He is 245 lbs and runs a 4.4 forty. He plays with a mean streak and has freakish strength.

MOtorboat
03-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Andrew Studebaker is another guy to keep your eye on... he is a super sleeper.... Played for Wheaton as a DE. He is 245 lbs and runs a 4.4 forty. He plays with a mean streak and has freakish strength.

Wouldn't that give us two undersized defensive ends :wave:

BOSSHOGG30
03-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Wouldn't that give us two undersized defensive ends :wave:

He won't play DE in the NFL MB... OLB probably, but he might be able to move to MLB.

Joel
03-12-2008, 07:10 AM
What I've wanted to do for a while, hoped to do with Vaughn, was draft a prototypical MLB on Day One, start him at Sam either his first or second year, then have him play there, D. J. at Mike, Gold at Will until we have another slot to devote to linebackers. In a perfect world I'd want four or five, a couple dedicated speedy Wills, two or three Mikes, and a Sam or two, a few of whom would be young developing players.

D.J. would stay at Mike; I think it's ultimately where he belongs once he adjusts, as he enters his prime, and I AM kinda sick of always moving him around and don't think it's fair to him. The problem is we need two of him, one at Sam and one at Mike, so the solution is to get another one, just like we need to get a huge powerful NT. If we draft a GOOD Mike we can be reasonably certain he can play Sam as well, and sooner, and D.J. can stay where he is while the other guy plays and learns for when he becomes the Mike and someone takes his spot. We might even end up with someone else like D.J., who can play all three spots very well, which solves the looming problem of Golds departure.

broncosinindy
03-15-2008, 01:53 PM
we need DT's. i think we can plug in niko for a year. and address MLB next year

mclark
03-16-2008, 08:57 PM
I think we can draft defensive tackles and linebackers both this year. See signature below.