PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Colts

Northman
02-07-2010, 09:52 PM
You werent playing against Rex Grossman this time. Yea, you didnt want to hurt yourselves playing for perfection because it was just about this game. Well, you lost anyway as it should be now take that horseshoe and ram it right up your ass!!!! Woohoo! Congrats to the Saints! They earned every bit of this game by playing the entire year. The better team won.

Shazam!
02-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Colts = Ha ha.

Broncolingus
02-07-2010, 10:10 PM
...glad to see the Saints win. :salute:

Nuff said...

Caldwell VERY classy in his postgame interview...

Northman
02-07-2010, 10:13 PM
...glad to see the Saints win. :salute:

Nuff said...

Caldwell VERY classy in his postgame interview...

I really wouldnt expect him not to be. He doesnt seem the type to throw anyone under the bus.

Broncolingus
02-07-2010, 10:19 PM
I really wouldnt expect him not to be. He doesnt seem the type to throw anyone under the bus.

Yeah, I agree - he's always come across as a good dude.

That said, sad to say it seems refreshing these days to see that...

OrangeHoof
02-07-2010, 10:24 PM
How sweet to have Tom Brady and Peyton Manning both handed shocking Super Bowl losses in the past three years. That's a really nice feeling.

BroncoBJ
02-07-2010, 10:36 PM
lol Colts
lol Manning

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/4449/1265596991230.jpg

atwater27
02-07-2010, 10:37 PM
I was rooting for Manning slightly. Oh well, you win some you lose some. The Saints had a better overall team. Freeney not being 100% may have been the difference. Bob Sanders definitely would have. Either way, the Colts need a #1 receiver again. Wayne is getting taken out of the game more and more.

CrazyHorse
02-07-2010, 10:38 PM
I was rooting for Manning slightly. Oh well, you win some you lose some. The Saints had a better overall team. Freeney not being 100% may have been the difference. Bob Sanders definitely would have. Either way, the Colts need a #1 receiver again. Wayne is getting taken out of the game more and more.
If only they had Anthony Gonzales and Bob Sanders....

Poet
02-07-2010, 10:42 PM
The better team did win. Nice to see the Saints finally get one. It's hard not to be happy for Brees and company.

Two Hall of Fame quarterbacks duked it out today, and Brees won.

KCL
02-07-2010, 10:55 PM
I am happy for the team,the owner,the fans and the city of NO...I jumped and hollered when Manning got picked off...and I am glad the refs overturned the 2 pt conv call.

Poet
02-07-2010, 11:01 PM
I'm not happy for the Saints' owner, he's a dick. He was the one who desperatly wanted to shit on the NO fans and move the team when they supported his AWFUL product for years. At one point he shoved a damn camera man in anger during that entire fiasco.

That city deserves a SB trophy. I wanted Indy to win, but it's nice that the Saints' fans finally have a SB victory.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-07-2010, 11:08 PM
I know this is in smack, but I am not going to smack the Colts, and moreso their fans - both Dr V and Gamechanger are great posters on here. Their team had a GREAT season, and again no smack from me - I remember the 3 losses the Broncos had in the SuperBowls, and it definitely HURTS.

Northman
02-07-2010, 11:13 PM
I know this is in smack, but I am not going to smack the Colts, and moreso their fans - both Dr V and Gamechanger are great posters on here. Their team had a GREAT season, and again no smack from me - I remember the 3 losses the Broncos had in the SuperBowls, and it definitely HURTS.

Stay out of my thread. Colts suck the big fatty.

BroncoBJ
02-07-2010, 11:15 PM

Carol, This is the smack section and you need to rub it in to Dr. V and Gamechanger. :fight:

Make them hurt while thier down.

Thats what Smack is all about. :elefant:

:lol:

I know a lot of idiot Colt fans though. Same with Saints. Bunch of random bandwagoners. I pretty much have gotten to hate every team. Sick of watching every team win a Superbowl.

I'm ready for Denver to win a Superbowl. :elefant:

Northman
02-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Carol, This is the smack section and you need to rub it in to Dr. V and Gamechanger. :fight:

Make them hurt while thier down.

Thats what Smack is all about. :elefant:

I know a lot of idiot Colt fans though. Same with Saints. Bunch of random bandwagoners. I pretty much have gotten to hate every team. Sick of watching every team win a Superbowl.

I'm ready for Denver to win a Superbowl. :elefant:

True dat. V has never really rubbed it in when it comes to her team so i give her a pass. But GC talks a lot of shit so he can man up and take it. As much as i respect Manning i still hate the Colts with passion. Most Colt fans i run into are dirtbags so no love loss for me.

BroncoBJ
02-07-2010, 11:19 PM
True dat. V has never really rubbed it in when it comes to her team so i give her a pass. But GC talks a lot of shit so he can man up and take it. As much as i respect Manning i still hate the Colts with passion. Most Colt fans i run into are dirtbags so no love loss for me.

True dat? More like WHO DAT. :lol:

But yea, GameChanger does talk a lot. No pitty party for him. But if the Saints lost, I'd rub it in to Saint fans. Gotta make them hurt while they are down.

If I have to take shit every week after every loss, I'm not just gonna act happy-go-lucky for everyone elses team. :fight:

So much built up hatred I have for most teams. :fight:

Northman
02-07-2010, 11:22 PM
True dat? More like WHO DAT. :lol:

But yea, GameChanger does talk a lot. No pitty party for him. But if the Saints lost, I'd rub it in to Saint fans. Gotta make them hurt while they are down.

If I have to take shit every week after every loss, I'm not just gonna act happy-go-lucky for everyone elses team. :fight:

So much built up hatred I have for most teams. :fight:

If the Saints lost i would rub it in except i dont know any Saints fans in my area. They are almost as non-existent globally as Charger fans. :lol:

Devilspawn
02-07-2010, 11:25 PM
Has there even been a Saints fan online in these here parts?

girler
02-07-2010, 11:26 PM
The only Broncos game my 10 year old has attended was a Saints game last year. There were a LOT of Saints fans around us, and my son was NOT impressed with them AT ALL. So tonight he was at his friend's house for the game and was, again, NOT IMPRESSED when everyone there was rooting for the Saints. :laugh: They kept telling him to root for the Saints and he flat out refused. Apparently this was not a good game for him. :lol:

Um, what thread am I in? :confused:

UnderArmour
02-07-2010, 11:26 PM
At least the Colts made it to the Super Bowl. I'm jealous.

Northman
02-07-2010, 11:28 PM
At least the Colts made it to the Super Bowl. I'm jealous.

Yea, im surprised they made it to the big dance with Orton.....wait....

girler
02-07-2010, 11:29 PM

:eviltongue:

Northman
02-07-2010, 11:30 PM
:eviltongue:

Im just making sure people keep it in perspective. The Colts have been in a better position to make the SB than us. Its not like our teams are even close in terms of talent.

Broncolingus
02-07-2010, 11:31 PM
It was nice to see an underdog win...and somebody 'new.'

...anyway, the better team tonight won.

girler
02-07-2010, 11:33 PM
Im just making sure people keep it in perspective. The Colts have been in a better position to make the SB than us. Its not like our teams are even close in terms of talent.

You just keep making it better and better. :pout: Want to punch me next?

KCL
02-07-2010, 11:35 PM

That last game they played was a killer...:lol:

KCL
02-07-2010, 11:36 PM
Has there even been a Saints fan online in these here parts?

come to think of it...has GC been on lately?

Northman
You just keep making it better and better. :pout: Want to punch me next?

Punch you with love. :D

girler
That last game they played was a killer...:lol:

There it is. :pcguru:

girler
02-07-2010, 11:38 PM

If you bring a donkey, I am SO taking my balls and going home. :coffee:

Northman

Im bringing Kelly and her stud. hahahahahahaa

Broncolingus

I've done that a few times before I met Mrs. Lingus...

...err, wait.

What are we talking about?

Broncolingus
02-07-2010, 11:40 PM

OMG!

Language young lady...

(...okay...I like it...)

girler
02-07-2010, 11:43 PM
OMG!

Language young lady...

(...okay...I like it...)

Hey, Northman brought up "love!" But come to think of it... :confused:... if he REALLY was Eric Northman, he could bring a donkey and I might stay... V""V

:evil:

Northman
02-07-2010, 11:48 PM
Hey, Northman brought up "love!" But come to think of it... :confused:... if he REALLY was Eric Northman, he could bring a donkey and I might stay... V""V

:evil:

Only problem. Eric is cool but he's not a werewolf. And we know im down with the Lycan party. :D

OrangeHoof
02-07-2010, 11:50 PM
I remember the 3 losses the Broncos had in the SuperBowls, and it definitely HURTS.

You mean FOUR, don't you? Or are you trying to hide your age??

KCL
02-07-2010, 11:52 PM
You mean FOUR, don't you? Or are you trying to hide your age??

lol...;)

Broncolingus
02-07-2010, 11:53 PM
Only problem. Eric is cool but he's not a werewolf. And we know im down with the Lycan party. :D

Ya'll are just talking potty-talk now...gross.

http://www.la2day.com/files/u228/george_mcfly_0.jpg

girler
02-08-2010, 12:02 AM

Dude, you named yourself after the Vamp, not the wolf. My mind is drifting toward the cold ones because of you. :D Thanks. :salute:

Northman
02-08-2010, 12:04 AM
Dude, you named yourself after the Vamp, not the wolf. My mind is drifting toward the cold ones because of you. :D Thanks. :salute:

Actually, i named myself after the Vikings but i do find Eric a intriguing character. But my heart is always with the werewolves.

Broncolingus
02-08-2010, 12:05 AM

It's North...:laugh:

http://liveforfilms.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/vamp-horror-movie-poster.jpg

girler
02-08-2010, 12:09 AM
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q270/Broncogirler/3.jpg

Devilspawn
02-08-2010, 12:09 AM
come to think of it...has GC been on lately?

He was in the SB thread and posted right after they lost. Good man, even though his gifs can retard up my ultra speed DSL connection. :tsk:

KCL
02-08-2010, 12:10 AM
He was in the SB thread and posted right after they lost. Good man, even though his gifs can retard up my ultra speed DSL connection. :tsk:

oh ok..I never did get in that thread..how are you doing?

Devilspawn
02-08-2010, 12:16 AM
oh ok..I never did get in that thread..how are you doing?
Im a liiiiiiiitle tipsy right now, stuffed on hot wings, chips and raspberry beer. :D I wisely took the next few days off of work. Did you have fun tonight?

BroncoWave
02-08-2010, 12:17 AM

The way he coached this game he has no one to throw under the bus but himself.

Northman
02-08-2010, 12:18 AM
The way he coached this game he has no one to throw under the bus but himself.

Im sure he took full responsibility. Most HC's would do that.

Broncolingus
02-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Im a liiiiiiiitle tipsy right now, stuffed on hot wings, chips and raspberry beer. :D I wisely took the next few days off of work. Did you have fun tonight?

"Raspberry Beer"

There is such a thing?

Wow, I'm drinking Corona thinking I'm the shit...

Nice, sig BTW, Spawn...

BroncoWave
02-08-2010, 12:22 AM
Im sure he took full responsibility. Most HC's would do that.

I agree, but Caldwell definitely should be taking full responsibility. You have the best QB in the world, 2 very good RBs, a great WR and TE, and you decide to hand it to your FB, your worst weapon on the field, on 3rd and 1. I am just flabbergasted by that playcall. Completely swung the momentum the Saints way and Payton expanded on that momentum with his brilliant onside kick call.

Northman
02-08-2010, 12:23 AM
I agree, but Caldwell definitely should be taking full responsibility. You have the best QB in the world, 2 very good RBs, a great WR and TE, and you decide to hand it to your FB, your worst weapon on the field, on 3rd and 1. I am just flabbergasted by that playcall. Completely swung the momentum the Saints way and Payton expanded on that momentum with his brilliant onside kick call.

He's a first year HC. I hardly think he could do worse since getting to a SB in his first year. But, on that 4th down i think its pretty obvious who is really doing the playcalling in certain instances. Caldwell will learn from this and im sure we havent seen the last of him. As long as he has Peyton he will be successful in this league.

GEM
02-08-2010, 12:24 AM
Was it just me that was amazed that Manning headed straight for the locker room? :confused:

sneakers
02-08-2010, 12:24 AM
I don't care if Payton Manning or Jesus is your quarterback, if you are last in the league in Rushing, it will catch up to you sooner or later.

Devilspawn
02-08-2010, 12:27 AM
"Raspberry Beer"

There is such a thing?

Wow, I'm drinking Corona thinking I'm the shit...

Nice, sig BTW, Spawn...
Actually they call it a laquer or soemthing like that. It has a beer flavor and I LOVE it. And I can't stand beer and rarely drink.

I had way too many though and I feel GREAT!!!

broncogirl7
02-08-2010, 12:27 AM
I'm sorry the Colts lost (I like Manning), but the Saints simply outplayed them.

Congrats to the Saints, you've had an incredible year and New Orleans really needed this. It will hopefully do great things for the spirit!

KCL
02-08-2010, 12:28 AM

yes I did..enjoyed the game...is that you in your avy? lol

BroncoWave
02-08-2010, 12:29 AM
He's a first year HC. I hardly think he could do worse since getting to a SB in his first year. But, on that 4th down i think its pretty obvious who is really doing the playcalling in certain instances. Caldwell will learn from this and im sure we havent seen the last of him. As long as he has Peyton he will be successful in this league.

Manning could make alot of coaches successful in that league. I think he could become a head coach the second he retires and be great at it.

KCL
02-08-2010, 12:30 AM

That pick sure didn't help matters any...:lol:

Devilspawn
02-08-2010, 12:33 AM
yes I did..enjoyed the game...is that you in your avy? lol
After a few beers, yes it is. :D

Broncolingus
02-08-2010, 12:35 AM
Was it just me that was amazed that Manning headed straight for the locker room? :confused:

I posted that earlier as a question too...do we have an answer?

I saw the ESPN snipit where he gave the Saints there due (no shit after you lost), but curious if he did indeed head straight for the lockers when the clock hit 0:00?

Broncolingus
02-08-2010, 12:37 AM
Actually they call it a laquer or soemthing like that. It has a beer flavor and I LOVE it. And I can't stand beer and rarely drink.

I had way too many though and I feel GREAT!!!

Laquer...

...you mean the shit they put on wood to keep it protected?

JK, Spawn...

...I'll look for it the next time I'm out and try some.

If it has alcohol, you know I'm good with it!

Northman
02-08-2010, 12:38 AM
That pick sure didn't help matters any...:lol:

No it didnt. And the fact that Wayne didnt finish his route was even more surprising.

KCL
02-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Did Manning really head straight to the LR?

If so...can we say sore loser? If he really did do that...pretty classless!

Broncolingus
02-08-2010, 12:46 AM
Did Manning really head straight to the LR?

If so...can we say sore loser? If he really did do that...pretty classless!

I think that's getting to be the consensus...

GEM
02-08-2010, 12:48 AM
Manning could make alot of coaches successful in that league. I think he could become a head coach the second he retires and be great at it.

The way he knows the game, I completely agree with you. He can read a defense like no other.

Did anyone else catch that late in the fourth quarter when Manning was doing his hand motions and he did the time out sign and then some others and all the sudden the refs blew the whistle for the TO and Manning looked like....What? I didn't call TO.

:lol: Funny stuff.

Devilspawn
02-08-2010, 12:49 AM
Laquer...

...you mean the shit they put on wood to keep it protected?

JK, Spawn...

...I'll look for it the next time I'm out and try some.

If it has alcohol, you know I'm good with it!
We ordered it from a bar but I can't find the menu. I'll get the name tomorrow, this is the third time I've had it and I keep forgetting what they call it. Good buzz I'll admit but I had damn near a jug full. :elefant:

GEM
02-08-2010, 12:50 AM
After the game was over they showed Manning headed to the LR surrounded by security and the next time you saw him he was standing outside an office dressed in a suit and then in his presser. If he greeted anyone on the field they didn't show it.

Broncolingus
02-08-2010, 12:54 AM
We ordered it from a bar but I can't find the menu. I'll get the name tomorrow, this is the third time I've had it and I keep forgetting what they call it. Good buzz I'll admit but I had damn near a jug full. :elefant:

PM it to me if you please...

I'll try anything once...

Except midgets...I just had to tell Clay 'no' on that one...

Broncolingus
02-08-2010, 12:55 AM
After the game was over they showed Manning headed to the LR surrounded by security and the next time you saw him he was standing outside an office dressed in a suit and then in his presser. If he greeted anyone on the field they didn't show it.

"That's Bush...Bush League."

http://fantasy411.mlblogs.com/ron-burgundy.jpg

GEM
02-08-2010, 12:57 AM
PM it to me if you please...

I'll try anything once...

Except midgets...I just had to tell Clay 'no' on that one...

Great Divide here in Denver puts out a raspberry beer. One of the girls at work goes nuts for the stuff.

BroncoWave
02-08-2010, 12:59 AM
The way he knows the game, I completely agree with you. He can read a defense like no other.

Did anyone else catch that late in the fourth quarter when Manning was doing his hand motions and he did the time out sign and then some others and all the sudden the refs blew the whistle for the TO and Manning looked like....What? I didn't call TO.

:lol: Funny stuff.

I just hope as a HC Manning would never get a QB as assertive as he is. I could just imagine the headbutting if Manning got his playcalls constantly audibled out of at the line! :lol:

Broncolingus
02-08-2010, 01:06 AM
Great Divide here in Denver puts out a raspberry beer. One of the girls at work goes nuts for the stuff.

Wow..okay, thx...

Raspberry Beer:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3044/2549041223_2223f02daa.jpg?v=0

Good thing I'm comfortable in my masculinity I guess...

Shazam!
02-08-2010, 02:25 AM
Most Broncos fans here, the ones around long enough, know the feeling of losing Super Bowls. It sucks.

Overtime
02-08-2010, 02:38 AM
i'm not sorry the Colts lost. i'm glad. they are overrated. manning is overrated, and i always did think he was a poor sport with very little class.

especially tonight, when he just went straight to the locker room.

he's definitely not the G.O.A.T. as there are several ahead of him in that category.

but in this game, he was the

http://www.nwnyteam.org/Graphics/Boer%20goat.jpg

Gamechanger
02-08-2010, 02:40 AM
heh, I do it for teh lulz and only talked shit to you guys the week during our match up, i mean, come on, some of you guys talk more shit than i do, i'm just not a Broncos fan, therein lies the problem

but anyway

this feels so bittersweet.....i'm seething because my team lost, and yet, I'm glad New Orleans made it to the top
eh...i've gotten over it, I like Brees and yes....we were outcoached
so....give it up for the champs, and for us to the offseason
i'm hungry...gimme the crow

this team is still going to be solid coming in next season, and pending the lock-up, we'll have another....HOF throughout 2012, anyone?

BroncoWave
02-08-2010, 02:41 AM
i'm not sorry the Colts lost. i'm glad. they are overrated. manning is overrated, and i always did think he was a poor sport with very little class.

especially tonight, when he just went straight to the locker room.

he's definitely not the G.O.A.T. as there are several ahead of him in that category.

but in this game, he was the

http://www.nwnyteam.org/Graphics/Boer%20goat.jpg

:confused:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109001

Overtime
02-08-2010, 02:53 AM
:confused:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109001

go read the last post of that thread. :salute:

Northman
02-08-2010, 07:37 AM
heh, I do it for teh lulz and only talked shit to you guys the week during our match up, i mean, come on, some of you guys talk more shit than i do, i'm just not a Broncos fan, therein lies the problem

but anyway

this feels so bittersweet.....i'm seething because my team lost, and yet, I'm glad New Orleans made it to the top
eh...i've gotten over it, I like Brees and yes....we were outcoached
so....give it up for the champs, and for us to the offseason
i'm hungry...gimme the crow

this team is still going to be solid coming in next season, and pending the lock-up, we'll have another....HOF throughout 2012, anyone?

See, i knew you could man up. :beer:

atwater27
02-08-2010, 09:29 AM
When Manning's career is said and done, he will be arguably the greatest QB to ever play the game. He'll own all the stat records and probably win another bowl.

CoachChaz
02-08-2010, 09:47 AM
When Manning's career is said and done, he will be arguably the greatest QB to ever play the game. He'll own all the stat records and probably win another bowl.

The stat records are probably a given...but I'm not sure about the Super Bowl thing. The Colts win about 12-13 games every year for the last 10 years and they've won ONE.

Dirk
02-08-2010, 09:51 AM
The stat records are probably a given...but I'm not sure about the Super Bowl thing. The Colts win about 12-13 games every year for the last 10 years and they've won ONE.

And we will probably see once again a coach that took over a very good team not live up to it after the first year. He is NOT a great coach and he proved that in the SB.

MNPatsFan
02-08-2010, 09:55 AM
I'm ready for Denver to win a Superbowl. :elefant:Aaaaaaah JayCutler4MVP, now you are sounding like a Chargers fan!;)

:laugh::laugh:

Congrats to the Saints and their fans!:salute:

Also great to see the Colts lose and go down in flames with another Manning pick 6 at a crucial time.:lol:

CoachChaz
02-08-2010, 10:03 AM
And we will probably see once again a coach that took over a very good team not live up to it after the first year. He is NOT a great coach and he proved that in the SB.

You must be talking about Manning because Caldwell is just a figure head.

BroncoWave
02-08-2010, 10:14 AM

If he plays another 6-7 more years I would be alot of money that he wins at least one more. I already think he is the greatest QB to ever play football, but his stats and wins once he retires will seal that IMO.

Nomad
02-08-2010, 10:28 AM
I did overhype Manning and didn't give enough credit to Brees! I am shameful:pout:

girler
02-08-2010, 10:56 AM
I don't care if Payton Manning or Jesus is your quarterback, if you are last in the league in Rushing, it will catch up to you sooner or later.

:confused: Well, way I figure, if Jesus is the QB, he'd be the leading rusher too... :salute: Just sayin. :D

Dirk
02-08-2010, 11:01 AM
You must be talking about Manning because Caldwell is just a figure head.

This is true. And he looks like it too. Just a puppet standing on the sidelines.

But still, you have Dungy building a team and Caldwell reaping benefits from it.

Shazam!
02-08-2010, 11:36 AM
Colts fans have been insufferably arrogant for a long, long time. Ha ha.

Biz1
02-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Colts fans have been insufferably arrogant for a long, long time. Ha ha.

Tell me about it, I went to college in Indiana...not only are they arrogant but incredibly football ignorant for the most part.

And their new stadium looks like a warehouse/brewery, that architect should be shot!

Overtime
02-08-2010, 12:51 PM

no he won't. he'll be top 10, but that's about it. and he won't be winning another super bowl.

im hoping he gets put on the cover of madden next year.........................:D

Devilspawn
02-08-2010, 12:59 PM
no he won't. he'll be top 10, but that's about it. and he won't be winning another super bowl.
I refuse to count out a Qb that's won 12+ games 7 straight seasons, especially when his offense returns intact next year, perhaps with an improvement on defense.

I see Manning making 2 more Superbowls before he retires. Don't know if he'll win em though.

Devilspawn
02-08-2010, 01:01 PM
His playoff record is killing him though, and it's not like his defense fails him all the time.

Poet
02-08-2010, 01:40 PM
His playoff record is killing him though, and it's not like his defense fails him all the time.

No, but his defense fails him most of the time.

NFL history tells you to look at the extremes. You can win four SBs and be a really bad QB like Terry Bradshaw. You can be an excellent QB and four SBs and be like Montana but do a lot less on the field compared to guys like Manning and Marino. You can be a guy like Elway and carry your team to the SB and then fail miserably because your team isn't good enough to actually be there.

Let's not forget that the Saints onside kick should have failed. A Colts' player had the ball in his hands from the get go and botched it. THEN another Colts' player had it in his hands and botched it again. Now that pick six wasn't a well thrown ball, but remember that throw to Clark that beat triple coverage? I can think of about five guys that can make that throw, and most of those guys aren't playing.

If we were drafting players and I was given the first pick and I was to take a QB it would be Peyton Manning. If you put him on those dynasty Steeler/Niner/Cowboys/Patriot teams I think he would only make him better. I think he would make the Saints a better team if he was their QB.

Medford Bronco
02-08-2010, 01:50 PM

You mean he pulled a Tom Brady:lol:

Northman
02-08-2010, 01:50 PM

NFL history tells you to look at the extremes. You can win four SBs and be a really bad QB like Terry Bradshaw. You can be an excellent QB and four SBs and be like Montana but do a lot less on the field compared to guys like Manning and Marino. You can be a guy like Elway and carry your team to the SB and then fail miserably because your team isn't good enough to actually be there.

Let's not forget that the Saints onside kick should have failed. A Colts' player had the ball in his hands from the get go and botched it. THEN another Colts' player had it in his hands and botched it again. Now that pick six wasn't a well thrown ball, but remember that throw to Clark that beat triple coverage? I can think of about five guys that can make that throw, and most of those guys aren't playing.

If we were drafting players and I was given the first pick and I was to take a QB it would be Peyton Manning. If you put him on those dynasty Steeler/Niner/Cowboys/Patriot teams I think he would only make him better. I think he would make the Saints a better team if he was their QB.

I will also add that Reggie Wayne did not finish his route on that pick 6. Maybe there was some confusion but going by the replay Wayne just didnt go where Manning was throwing the ball.

Devilspawn
02-08-2010, 01:51 PM

You probably know this, but Montana's got REAL lucky in SB XXIII. The winning drive was almost thwarted by an INT that the Bengals defender (forgot who) dropped. Who knows where Montana is if that play is made by the Bengals?

Poet
02-08-2010, 01:53 PM
You probably know this, but Montana's got REAL lucky in SB XXIII. The winning drive was almost thwarted by an INT that the Bengals defender (forgot who) dropped. Who knows where Montana is if that play is made by the Bengals?

Joe Montana is a curse word in my house.

BTW, so is Stanely Wilson.

Medford Bronco
02-08-2010, 01:54 PM
I did overhype Manning and didn't give enough credit to Brees! I am shameful:pout:

Me too. I WAS WRONG

there I admitted it

but Manning is still a great QB. In boston they have to shove the Brady Manning crap down our throats. Its al they got because their 3 x champ scuked this year in the playoffs. The lemmings hold on to the past.

oh well.
how about they are both great with brady holding a slight edge due to hardwarde. They cant be done here.

Its Boston is great and everyone else sucks. Makes me want to puke

I so hope Wilfork leaves and the Pats with their zero coordinators fall off the face of the earth pre-Bledsoe when Schaeffer stadium was an armpit

and they could not even get on TV for home games, exept vs Miami.

I saw just as many Denver games in the 80s as Pats games.

Medford Bronco
02-08-2010, 01:56 PM

He is to us as well.

55-10 was way worse they the Cincy Super Bowl where Sam Wyche kept saying Deja Vu. Poor Sam. Good coach :salute:

I hated Montana but to me he was the best of all time with Elway 2nd.

I still hold on to that. I think Elway is better than Brady who had top 5 defenses in 03-04. Denver never had that type of D with Elway. Just in 77

Brady had two years of that.

But for some to say Marino is better than Manning is laughable really

Medford Bronco
02-08-2010, 02:02 PM
I refuse to count out a Qb that's won 12+ games 7 straight seasons, especially when his offense returns intact next year, perhaps with an improvement on defense.

I see Manning making 2 more Superbowls before he retires. Don't know if he'll win em though.

He should have Bob SAnders as well. Him missing did not help. He was huge in 06 when they won

I know I am in the minority here but I felt bad for Manning. He is not Farve who is an all time choker to me. Manning seems like a good guy and has won some clutch games before. Unlike Farve in the last 10 years.

Also Farve is a media whore. Manning might be as well but his commericals are funnier.

Lastly. I just would not like to see a goat. 24-17 would have been okay with me. Not Manning is a choker and Brady breaks bread, makes water into wine and has confessionals at Chruch on a daily basis and never has made a bad play in his history with the greatest best coach of all time who has never had a bad draft and is the best defensvive coach and will do some healing powers for the poor in the USA and will be helping out the hungry during the offseason and can be immortalized liike Mother Theresa.

okay went overboard but listen to 98.5thesportshub.com or weei.com and get my point :salute:

Poet
02-08-2010, 02:03 PM
He is to us as well.

55-10 was way worse they the Cincy Super Bowl where Sam Wyche kept saying Deja Vu. Poor Sam. Good coach :salute:

I hated Montana but to me he was the best of all time with Elway 2nd.

I still hold on to that. I think Elway is better than Brady who had top 5 defenses in 03-04. Denver never had that type of D with Elway. Just in 77

Brady had two years of that.

But for some to say Marino is better than Manning is laughable really
The day Wyche left is the day that the dark ages began in Cincinnati. I believe that factored in Montoya leaving as well.

Brady was a great QB but he gets way more credit than he deserves. People assume that if your WRs aren't big name players they suck. I guess that would mean the Saints have terrible WRs.

Brady is a HOFer, but I don't think he's a top five QB of all-time.

Medford Bronco
02-08-2010, 02:04 PM
I will also add that Reggie Wayne did not finish his route on that pick 6. Maybe there was some confusion but going by the replay Wayne just didnt go where Manning was throwing the ball.

Agreed he pulled a Randy Moss on that one:lol:

Overtime
02-08-2010, 02:09 PM

well considering the guy's gone at least 12-4 every year since 2003, and has only made it to the super bowl twice in 7 years? and twice in a 12 years period, I think i'll stand by my comments.

Poet
02-08-2010, 02:11 PM
well considering the guy's gone at least 12-4 every year since 2003, and has only made it to the super bowl twice in 7 years? and twice in a 12 years period, I think i'll stand by my comments.

I guess Elway would suck because he lost three SB's?

GEM
02-08-2010, 02:21 PM

It cracks me up that the guy that botched it is the guy that married Kendra....Hugh Hefner's ex. :laugh: She should have just stuck with the successful old guy. :shocked:

GEM
02-08-2010, 02:24 PM
I said halfway through the season that if you gave me a choice to pick any Qb out there for my team, I would pick Brees. He's got the arm and all that, but he also has that "it" factor. You don't know what "it" is, but he has it. I love the guy. It took him going to NO for that to happen though. I was pleased as pie in that Den vs. SD game when Lynch terrorized him.

BroncoWave
02-08-2010, 02:29 PM

I'm sorry but this is just so ignorant it's not even funny. If you really don't think that Manning is an all-time great QB you have either never seen him play or you are just blinded by your hatred for him for whatever reason.

I guess Elway wasn't that good a QB either his first 14 years. I guess Marnio sucked too and Bradshaw was the greatest ever!

The Colts 2 best defensive players were basically out of this game (Sanders and Freeny) and there was nothing Manning could have done about Baskett muffing the onside kick, Garcon dropping that wide open pass in the first quarter, or the Colts' defense's inability to stop Brees.

Manning is the only reason the Colts are even a playoff team and the only reason they didn't lose by 40 last night.

Also, that pass he put right on the money to Clark with 4 defenders around him, there is not another QB in the league who could make that throw.

Overtime
02-08-2010, 02:33 PM
I guess Elway would suck because he lost three SB's?

I'm sorry but this is just so ignorant it's not even funny. If you really don't think that Manning is an all-time great QB you have either never seen him play or you are just blinded by your hatred for him for whatever reason.

I guess Elway wasn't that good a QB either his first 14 years. I guess Marnio sucked too and Bradshaw was the greatest ever!

The Colts 2 best defensive players were basically out of this game (Sanders and Freeny) and there was nothing Manning could have done about Baskett muffing the onside kick, Garcon dropping that wide open pass in the first quarter, or the Colts' defense's inability to stop Brees.

Manning is the only reason the Colts are even a playoff team and the only reason they didn't lose by 40 last night.

Also, that pass he put right on the money to Clark with 4 defenders around him, there is not another QB in the league who could make that throw.

you both need to go back and read what was I saying.

I never said manning sucked. He's a HOF'er, but not the greatest of all time, considering there are other qb's who have accomplished more than he has with less talent than peyton manning around him.

Nomad
02-08-2010, 02:37 PM
I said halfway through the season that if you gave me a choice to pick any Qb out there for my team, I would pick Brees. He's got the arm and all that, but he also has that "it" factor. You don't know what "it" is, but he has it. I love the guy. It took him going to NO for that to happen though. I was pleased as pie in that Den vs. SD game when Lynch terrorized him.

Brees is a very talented and likeable guy! Saints are a lucky team to have got him! Even though Freeny owned that one lineman in the first half, Brees's offensive line did a superb job for him especially in the 2nd half!!

GEM
02-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Brees is a very talented and likeable guy! Saints are a lucky team to have got him! Even though Freeny owned that one lineman in the first half, Brees's offensive line did a superb job for him especially in the 2nd half!!

:laugh: That lineman got ran the hell over!!!

So here's another question that was posed at my parent's during the game, both myself and my dad's neighbor wonder:

Was the Freeney injury as bad as advertised or was it a ploy to psyche the Saints?

I mean, he was doing his spinning move and he looked good the first half, he did trail off as the game went on which led us to question ourselves, but the question did come up.

KCL
02-08-2010, 03:09 PM

So here's another question that was posed at my parent's during the game, both myself and my dad's neighbor wonder:

Was the Freeney injury as bad as advertised or was it a ploy to psyche the Saints?

I mean, he was doing his spinning move and he looked good the first half, he did trail off as the game went on which led us to question ourselves, but the question did come up.

He didn't look like he was missing a beat out there...my husband and I both thought he looked 100%.

CoachChaz
02-08-2010, 03:57 PM

John Taylor?

CoachChaz
02-08-2010, 03:58 PM

I think he fizzled out due to the injury. Seemed like he was on the sidelines every other possession having work done on it and even with all the breaks...he ran out of gas.

I think the injury was legit

Dreadnought
02-08-2010, 04:02 PM
I think he fizzled out due to the injury. Seemed like he was on the sidelines every other possession having work done on it and even with all the breaks...he ran out of gas.

I think the injury was legit

Agreed - he was played out. I wonder if the huge disparity in TOP from the 2nd quarter to after the Saints took the lead in the 3rd didn't work to reduce his effectiveness by a whole bunch.

MNPatsFan
02-08-2010, 04:04 PM
John Taylor?No, I think he means Stanley Wilson, who played for the Bengals, and I believe had a critical mistake in the game.:listen:

Northman
02-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Agreed - he was played out. I wonder if the huge disparity in TOP from the 2nd quarter to after the Saints took the lead in the 3rd didn't work to reduce his effectiveness by a whole bunch.

That and i think when the Saints finally double teamed him it made him have to work that much harder on that ankle to get pressure. Payton made some key adjustments after that lineman was getting owned by Freeney early. Good job by Payton to adjust to that.

CoachChaz
02-08-2010, 04:32 PM
No, I think he means Stanley Wilson, who played for the Bengals, and I believe had a critical mistake in the game.:listen:

I know...I was referring to names that would be curse words in his home

MNPatsFan
02-08-2010, 04:35 PM
I know...I was referring to names that would be curse words in his homeOoops, sorry I failed to pick that up from your post.

KCL
02-08-2010, 04:48 PM

or outplayed...of course when a guy is double teamed...he's going to work that much harder..hell he has to...I thought he looked pretty good..he was able to come up with one sack.

Poet
02-08-2010, 06:55 PM
you both need to go back and read what was I saying.

I never said manning sucked. He's a HOF'er, but not the greatest of all time, considering there are other qb's who have accomplished more than he has with less talent than peyton manning around him.

Manning has had a lot of talent around him on offense, but you can't tell me that Manning hasn't made a lot of players look better than they really are. Guys like Bernard Pollard, Brandon "Bengal Killer" Stokley, Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie and Ben Utecht come to mind.

Yeah, he's had his fair share of HOFers on offense. Edge should get some consideration, I'm not sure if he is a HOF back but I think most could agree he was an elite RB for several years. Dallas Clark is a tight end who will have a shot at the HOF and Reggie Wayne will have a shot at it IF he keeps up his current pace.

Marvin Harrison is simply one of the best WRs ever, until you get into the playoffs, then he's worthless. Did you factor that one in?

That's on the OFFENSIVE side of the ball. Then Manning has mostly had...Dwight Freeney. Mathis is a good player sometimes, Sanders is a tremendous safety except he's missed half of his games (give or take).

The Patriots won three SBs with a good offense and a great defense. The Steelers won two SBs with great defenses. That's half the SB's for this decade won by defensive teams. Both of those two teams had good offenses, but the trademark of their teams really were defense.

The Giants won a SB against the best offense of all time with a superb defense. That's six defensive teams that won the SB this decade. No, make that seven I forgot about the Bucs. No, make that eight, I forgot about Baltimore.

The two offensive teams that won SBs this decade were the Saints and the Colts.

Once again, most of those teams had capable offenses, but they were defensive teams.

The entire 'this is a pass friendly' league thing is true. Defense still wins championships, though.

Don't tell me that more QBs have done more with less, because in all honesty most haven't.

The 80 Niner teams had more talent on them than this Colt team. The Patriot teams of this decade had more talent on them as far as the TEAM goes. The same thing for the Steelers and the Cowboy dynasties.

Now please tell me that Peyton Manning wouldn't improve any of those teams. We already know that Manning is a much better passer than anyone in the history of the league. All those records Favre has are nothing more and nothing less than placeholders for Manning.

Elway couldn't win a SB until he got a stacked team. That's not his fault, he carried his good teams to a place where GREAT teams are supposed to be.

But when you look at the all-time greats, they all had stacked teams when they won the SB.

Look at what Brees had around him; he had a legitimate number one WR in Colston and then he had Jeremy Shockey at TE with maybe two or three other legitimate WRs who could be number two WRs. His offensive line was even better at blocking than Manning's line.

He was the better QB that day, there's no doubt about it, but if you win the SB you tend to have a tremendous team.

Poet
02-08-2010, 07:07 PM
No, I think he means Stanley Wilson, who played for the Bengals, and I believe had a critical mistake in the game.:listen:

No, I wish it was that simple. Stanley Wilson was a talented blocker at FB or even RB. He was a good runner in small doses. That year Cincinnati had an utterly brutal offense that tore people to shreds because of their running game and playaction passes. Wilson was a good player and important on the offense.

The night before the SB Wilson snorted cocaine. He had been a struggling addict. Paul Brown, who was still running the team at the time, was a large believer in redemption. He gave a lot of guys chances to change their life. The difference between him and his idiot son, our current owner, is that he had limits.

Wilson missed the game because Wyche wouldn't play him. That's something bitch boy Boomer Esiasion still cries about to this day. Knowing that if we had him blocking our chances to win would have improved a lot is painful, but I love Wyche because he's a real man and sat a cocaine addict who blew another chance at life.

I don't actually hate Wilson because I don't think he's a bad guy. He was a screw up but not a monster. I'm not saying he's a shining knight in armor, but he's a far cry from Rae Carruth or Pacman Jones.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
02-08-2010, 07:34 PM
I was soooo excited when manning was picked off for the TD.

dogfish
02-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Colts greeted by 11 fans at airport
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 8, 2010 6:44 PM ET

When the Saints make their triumphant return to New Orleans for a victory parade on Tuesday, the crowds are expected to be so enormous that the city will be shut down for everything else.

When the Colts returned to Indianapolis today, they were greeted by a somewhat more subdued crowd.

According to the Indianapolis Star, a grand total of 11 people showed up at Indianapolis International Airport when the team returned this afternoon.

The 11 die-hard fans weren't allowed to get close to the players; they were held behind a security fence hundreds of feet away.

LMMFAO! what a horde of die-hard fans. . . . :lol::lol:

they really turned out in support. . . . it sounds like a sscene out of major league. . .

Northman
02-09-2010, 06:32 AM
Colts greeted by 11 fans at airport
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 8, 2010 6:44 PM ET

When the Saints make their triumphant return to New Orleans for a victory parade on Tuesday, the crowds are expected to be so enormous that the city will be shut down for everything else.

When the Colts returned to Indianapolis today, they were greeted by a somewhat more subdued crowd.

According to the Indianapolis Star, a grand total of 11 people showed up at Indianapolis International Airport when the team returned this afternoon.

The 11 die-hard fans weren't allowed to get close to the players; they were held behind a security fence hundreds of feet away.

LMMFAO! what a horde of die-hard fans. . . . :lol::lol:

they really turned out in support. . . . it sounds like a sscene out of major league. . .

Wow, thats embarrassing.

Nomad
02-09-2010, 07:22 AM
Wow, thats embarrassing.

It is! I read people whining about the 'bandwagoners' of the Saints and how annoying the fans are(what team's fans aren't even some BRONCO fans are annoying), I guarantee if the Saints would have lost, there would have still been thousands of Saints fans greeting them back.

Northman
02-09-2010, 07:26 AM
It is! I read people whining about the 'bandwagoners' of the Saints and how annoying the fans are(what team's fans aren't even some BRONCO fans are annoying), I guarantee if the Saints would have lost, there would have still been thousands of Saints fans greeting them back.

I keep saying to myself that cant be accurate but if it is it just blows my mind. I know it was a tough loss but man, they did play a hard fought game.

Nomad
02-09-2010, 07:32 AM
I keep saying to myself that cant be accurate but if it is it just blows my mind. I know it was a tough loss but man, they did play a hard fought game.

It sounds like something 'The Onion' would come up with!!:lol:

At least there are happy people in Indy about the Saints winning! 130,000 shirts a day shipped out:eek:, NO fans coming out of the woodwork as expected by any winning SB team!!

__________________________________________________ ________

Saints championship shirts made in Indianapolis
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 9, 2010 6:59 AM ET
Not everyone in Indianapolis is disappointed that the Colts lost the Super Bowl.

It turns out that hundreds of thousands of New Orleans Saints Super Bowl championship shirts are being made in the Adidas Group plant in Indianapolis. And since Saints memorabilia sells better than Colts memorabilia, the Saints' victory makes the folks at the plant very happy.

"From a business standpoint, the Saints' win is tremendous for us," the plant's general manager, Blake Lundberg, told the Indianapolis Star. "It will be a very nice long week for us."

In pre-orders, Saints Super Bowl merchandise was selling at four times the rate of Colts Super Bowl merchandise, and the plant in Indianapolis is expecting it to keep selling at huge volume through Mardi Gras. Plant employees will be working 12-hour shifts five days a week, making nothing but Super Bowl clothing, shipping out 130,000 shirts a day.

MNPatsFan
02-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Manning has had a lot of talent around him on offense, but you can't tell me that Manning hasn't made a lot of players look better than they really are. Guys like Bernard Pollard, Brandon "Bengal Killer" Stokley, Pierre Garcon, Austin Collie and Ben Utecht come to mind.

Yeah, he's had his fair share of HOFers on offense. Edge should get some consideration, I'm not sure if he is a HOF back but I think most could agree he was an elite RB for several years. Dallas Clark is a tight end who will have a shot at the HOF and Reggie Wayne will have a shot at it IF he keeps up his current pace.

Marvin Harrison is simply one of the best WRs ever, until you get into the playoffs, then he's worthless. Did you factor that one in?

That's on the OFFENSIVE side of the ball. Then Manning has mostly had...Dwight Freeney. Mathis is a good player sometimes, Sanders is a tremendous safety except he's missed half of his games (give or take).

The Patriots won three SBs with a good offense and a great defense. The Steelers won two SBs with great defenses. That's half the SB's for this decade won by defensive teams. Both of those two teams had good offenses, but the trademark of their teams really were defense.

The Giants won a SB against the best offense of all time with a superb defense. That's six defensive teams that won the SB this decade. No, make that seven I forgot about the Bucs. No, make that eight, I forgot about Baltimore.

The two offensive teams that won SBs this decade were the Saints and the Colts.

Once again, most of those teams had capable offenses, but they were defensive teams.

The entire 'this is a pass friendly' league thing is true. Defense still wins championships, though.

Don't tell me that more QBs have done more with less, because in all honesty most haven't.

The 80 Niner teams had more talent on them than this Colt team. The Patriot teams of this decade had more talent on them as far as the TEAM goes. The same thing for the Steelers and the Cowboy dynasties.

Now please tell me that Peyton Manning wouldn't improve any of those teams. We already know that Manning is a much better passer than anyone in the history of the league. All those records Favre has are nothing more and nothing less than placeholders for Manning.

Elway couldn't win a SB until he got a stacked team. That's not his fault, he carried his good teams to a place where GREAT teams are supposed to be.

But when you look at the all-time greats, they all had stacked teams when they won the SB.

Look at what Brees had around him; he had a legitimate number one WR in Colston and then he had Jeremy Shockey at TE with maybe two or three other legitimate WRs who could be number two WRs. His offensive line was even better at blocking than Manning's line.

He was the better QB that day, there's no doubt about it, but if you win the SB you tend to have a tremendous team.I wouldn't trade Brady for Peyton.:tsk: I would and will continue to take Brady over Peyton, even though Brady is still recovering from his major knee reconstructive surgery. Brady almost beat Manning and the Colts in Indy this year even though: (1) Brady was clearly playing below his normal standards this season due his ongoing recovery from the knee surgery and (2) the Colts D was better than the Pats D this year.

Peyton has and probably will continue to put up gaudier stats and numbers than Brady in EVERY category except playoff wins and SB wins. I will take a great QB who doesn't put up amazing stats and numbers during the regular season but who wins playoff games and Super Bowls over a QB that puts up amazing stats and numbers during the regular season but only has a 9-9 playoff record (saw this stat on ESPN this morning). Are you kidding me, a 9-9 playoff record!!:rolleyes: If Manning is the greatest QB of all time, he would have a much better playoff record than 9-9 because despite your claims he has had a lot of talent on both sides of the ball.

You can make all the excuses you want for Manning and his alleged lack of defensive help, but most of Peyton's playoff losses were due to Peyton's play rather than the play of the defense. In most, if not all, of Peyton's playoff losses to the Patriots, he threw multiple picks and his all pro offensive teammates turned the ball over at critical times costing the Colts the game rather than the defense playing poorly. Similarly, the Colts lost to the Steelers because of Peyton's turnovers and the high powered offense's mistakes, not because of the defense. Remember, Peyton threw his offensive line, not the defense, under the bus after that loss. Same goes for the Colts' playoff losses to the Chargers.

Poet
02-09-2010, 01:34 PM
Yeah, I understand your point MN. Peyton is worse because he couldn't get a defense to carry him to SBs. I mean if Peyton was good enough to have Ty Law basically win a SB for him and have Vinaterri kick SB winning FG's for him after the Panthers kicker boots one out of bounds after they tied the game he'd be a much better QB.

Oh, wait, damn.

Tom Brady played on better teams than Manning has. Brady's meant less to his team than Manning has. Without Brady your team went 11-5. That was the first time an 11-5 team missed the playoffs in...had that ever happened before?

It's funny you bring up the Steelers game. When his defense actually stepped up and forced a turnover he hit Reggie Wayne in the end zone to win the game, Wayne dropped it. Then his kicker missed a FG and they lost the game. Once again, if Manning was as good as Brady his kicker would have made the field go...oh wait....

Yeah, Manning ran into a dynasty that was the Patriots. However, do you really think that the Patriots would have lost if their QBs switched places? I would have loved to see how Brady would have played against his defense. I mean all Manning would have to do would be is just manage the game like Brady did for two of his Super Bowls.

The year that Brady was given an elite WR corp and an elite offensive line he couldn't win the big one. He only won SBs when his overall team was elite. The second he was put in the same situation as Manning he couldn't hack it. The second that his defense wasn't an elite unit but he had an elite offense he got schooled by the Giants in the SB.

That's the same situation that Manning has been in every last year.

I find it funny that people speak of Tom Brady so highly as this great playoff quarterback. For HALF of his career he was never asked to win the game. He managed the game. He's thought of as this great SB QB when in fact all of his 'comebacks' never were touchdowns, never were these epic drives down the field and always were won on the foot of a kicker.

I mean if Manning was a better QB he'd certainly go to Oakland and get some awesome officiating right?

Is this the same Tom Brady who again didn't have an elite defense and couldn't get out of the first round? Didn't Manning give the same Raven team that beat the Patriots a pretty sound whooping in the next round?

The fact of the matter is that Brady is finding himself in Manning's position. He's not getting anymore SBs because BB has too many holes on that defense to fill. When their careers are said and done people will look at Brady and realize that he was probably a first ballot HOF QB but who wasn't as integral to his team's success as Manning.

If Brady is better than Manning, Bradshaw is better than Brady. No one in their right mind would possibly think that Bradshaw is a better QB than Brady.

Dr Velcro
02-09-2010, 02:30 PM
I'll get over this better than getting over my perfect season lost.

Saints were a good team to lose to & glad it was them.

Can't say they didn't deserve the win.

Not happy about Peyton Manning not shaking hands after.

That made me mad to hear.

I feel so bad for Saturday though....and Freeney. I love them.

I love all the guys, but Manning...yeah, I didn't like that. it was kinda classless and showed no respect at all for a team that fought as much as they did to get there.

He needs to be humbled. It's time for that I think.

claymore
02-09-2010, 02:43 PM
I'll get over this better than getting over my perfect season lost.

Saints were a good team to lose to & glad it was them.

Can't say they didn't deserve the win.

Not happy about Peyton Manning not shaking hands after.

That made me mad to hear.

I feel so bad for Saturday though....and Freeney. I love them.

I love all the guys, but Manning...yeah, I didn't like that. it was kinda classless and showed no respect at all for a team that fought as much as they did to get there.

He needs to be humbled. It's time for that I think.

He is a competitor. He probably went in the locker room and threw a couple trash cans around in private so he didnt make an ass out of himself.

I respect the crap out of Manning. The guy doesnt take losing well. Which is a great quality to have.

MNPatsFan
02-09-2010, 02:58 PM
King, I am not going to respond to every point that you make but I will respond to several

It's funny you bring up the Steelers game. When his defense actually stepped up and forced a turnover he hit Reggie Wayne in the end zone to win the game, Wayne dropped it. Then his kicker missed a FG and they lost the game. Once again, if Manning was as good as Brady his kicker would have made the field go...oh wait....

King, I can play this game too. Peyton only made it to the Super Bowl that he won because Reche Caldwell dropped a TD pass that would have put the game out of reach from the Colts. Using your logic, Brady is the better QB because Peyton would have never won a SB if Reche Caldwell, like Wayne in the Steelers game, had not dropped the TD pass.

Yeah, Manning ran into a dynasty that was the Patriots. However, do you really think that the Patriots would have lost if their QBs switched places? I would have loved to see how Brady would have played against his defense. I mean all Manning would have to do would be is just manage the game like Brady did for two of his Super Bowls.Brady did a lot more than just manage the games in the Super Bowls he won.
Rams game Pats ran 25 times and passed 27 times
Panthers game Pats ran 32 times and passed 48 times
Eagles game Pats ran 28 times and passed 33 times
Giants game Pats ran 16 times and passed 48 times

You will notice that the Pats passed more than they ran in every SB which is contrary to what would be the case if Brady was merely managing the game as you assert. Moreover, in the game against the Rams, which is really the only SB game you could potentially make an argument that Brady was managing the game, Brady was playing with an injured ankle. Neither one of us knows the severity of the injury, but you would expect a team to be more conservative and manage the game more to place a QB with an injured ankle in the best possible position.

The year that Brady was given an elite WR corp and an elite offensive line he couldn't win the big one. He only won SBs when his overall team was elite. The second he was put in the same situation as Manning he couldn't hack it. The second that his defense wasn't an elite unit but he had an elite offense he got schooled by the Giants in the SB. King, I am not sure I would say that Brady got schooled by the Giants. He lead the Patriots to a TD to take the lead in the fourth quarter before the Giants made some amazing, and some might say fluky, plays that enabled the Giants to score a TD to retake the lead. Have to take your/my hat off to the Giants for making those plays. However, if you remember or look at the game recap, you see that Brady, unlike Peyton Manning, did not make a killer mistake by throwing an interception, let alone an interception that was returned for a touchdown essentially guaranteeing the loss.

Waits for it .......

Okay, King this is where I am sure you will try to absolve Peyton of any blame for the pick six he threw and place ALL the blame on Reggie Wayne as I have seen you do or try to do in other comments.

I find it funny that people speak of Tom Brady so highly as this great playoff quarterback. For HALF of his career he was never asked to win the game. He managed the game. He's thought of as this great SB QB when in fact all of his 'comebacks' never were touchdowns, never were these epic drives down the field and always were won on the foot of a kicker.In all those games, Brady marched his team down the field to score the winning points. Do you honestly think the Rams, Panthers, or Eagles care that they lost by three points instead of four, seven or more?:confused:

Is this the same Tom Brady who again didn't have an elite defense and couldn't get out of the first round? Didn't Manning give the same Raven team that beat the Patriots a pretty sound whooping in the next round?I like how you conveniently omit or forget that Brady played the entire season while still recovering from major knee surgery. Tell me King, how did Carson Palmer do the year/season after his major knee surgery and did the Bengals make the playoffs? How about the second or even third year/season post surgery and did the Bengals make the playoffs during any of those seasons after Carson Palmer's major knee surgery?

Poet
02-09-2010, 03:40 PM
King, I am not going to respond to every point that you make but I will respond to several

I can honestly say that I look forward to this. :salute:

King, I can play this game too. Peyton only made it to the Super Bowl that he won because Reche Caldwell dropped a TD pass that would have put the game out of reach from the Colts. Using your logic, Brady is the better QB because Peyton would have never won a SB if Reche Caldwell, like Wayne in the Steelers game, had not dropped the TD pass.

True, however didn't Peyton's team have an equal amount of turnovers that game?

Brady did a lot more than just manage the games in the Super Bowls he won.
Rams game Pats ran 25 times and passed 27 times
Panthers game Pats ran 32 times and passed 48 times
Eagles game Pats ran 28 times and passed 33 times
Giants game Pats ran 16 times and passed 48 times

He threw a single touchdown against the Rams. That was his SB. Ty Law and your defense won that SB.

The Panthers game he played great, but once again, one of his epic moments was moving the ball down the field like 45 yards down the field and who kicked in the game winner?

And yeah his stellar 266 yards and one touchdown was an awesome game. He looked so awesome when his offensive line couldn't shield him perfectly for a game. This time he had to actually drive down the field for a touchdown to not lose the game. Ouch.

You will notice that the Pats passed more than they ran in every SB which is contrary to what would be the case if Brady was merely managing the game as you assert. Moreover, in the game against the Rams, which is really the only SB game you could potentially make an argument that Brady was managing the game, Brady was playing with an injured ankle. Neither one of us knows the severity of the injury, but you would expect a team to be more conservative and manage the game more to place a QB with an injured ankle in the best possible position.

Managing the game doesn't mean you run the ball more, it means you're not asked to win the game. For instance, in this SB you saw that the Colts and the Saints were trying to move the ball down the field mainly with passes. Just like your offense did. The difference is that both the saints and the colts were far more aggressive. I.E. more of an onus was put on them.

King, I am not sure I would say that Brady got schooled by the Giants. He lead the Patriots to a TD to take the lead in the fourth quarter before the Giants made some amazing, and some might say fluky, plays that enabled the Giants to score a TD to retake the lead. Have to take your/my hat off to the Giants for making those plays. However, if you remember or look at the game recap, you see that Brady, unlike Peyton Manning, did not make a killer mistake by throwing an interception, let alone an interception that was returned for a touchdown essentially guaranteeing the loss.
This is where I point you to his stat line.

Waits for it .......

What are we waiting for? Is it a burger? Fries?

Okay, King this is where I am sure you will try to absolve Peyton of any blame for the pick six he threw and place ALL the blame on Reggie Wayne as I have seen you do or try to do in other comments.

Nope. He threw the ball. I don't recall absolving him of that throw at all. If I did please show me.

In all those games, Brady marched his team down the field to score the winning points. Do you honestly think the Rams, Panthers, or Eagles care that they lost by three points instead of four, seven or more?:confused:

No, I don't think that they care. What I do know is that when it comes down to dissecting a career you look at everything. Just going "Brady has more rings so he's better," doesn't cut it.

I like how you conveniently omit or forget that Brady played the entire season while still recovering from major knee surgery. Tell me King, how did Carson Palmer do the year/season after his major knee surgery and did the Bengals make the playoffs? How about the second or even third year/season post surgery and did the Bengals make the playoffs during any of those seasons after Carson Palmer's major knee surgery?

Palmer was a stud. He threw 28 TDs and 13 INTs, 4000 yards, completed 58% of his passes, etc etc etc.

Now he is only above average. Glad to know that Palmer is the measuring stick of a QB's greatness. ;)

WTE
02-09-2010, 03:43 PM

Prior to the game the City of New Orleans said win or lose there will be a parade.

ESPN is gonna broadcast the parade @ 6:00 ET. I will enjoy watching it.

WTE
02-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Wilson missed the game because Wyche wouldn't play him. .

Sam Wyche. One of my favorites. I loved it when he addressed the Cincy crowd and said "You don't live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati!"

Funny as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJMa20xXykI&feature=related

Poet
02-09-2010, 03:52 PM
Sam Wyche. One of my favorites. I loved it when he addressed the Cincy crowd and said "You don't live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati!"

Funny as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJMa20xXykI&feature=related

He's that dude.

He's the best coach we ever had.

MNPatsFan
02-09-2010, 04:36 PM
True, however didn't Peyton's team have an equal amount of turnovers that game?I don't know and haven't researched that issue because this has absolutely nothing to do with what we were talking about which was your point that the Steelers beat the Colts in part due to Reggie Wayne dropping a sure TD and my counter point that Peyton would never have won a Super Bowl if Reche Caldwell hadn't dropped a sure TD.:confused:

He threw a single touchdown against the Rams. That was his SB. Ty Law and your defense won that SB.Ok so he threw a single touchdown against the Ram. Peyton Manning threw a single TD in BOTH of his Super Bowl games, first against the Bears and then against the Saints. If this is a negative for Brady, then it is similarly a negative for Manning, right King.;)

The Panthers game he played great, but once again, one of his epic moments was moving the ball down the field like 45 yards down the field and who kicked in the game winner?I guess I don't see the problem in doing what is necessary under pressure and with time running down to move your team down the field to win the game without taking unnecessary risks or gambles when all you need is a field goal to win the game.:confused: Smart sound football in my opinion.

And yeah his stellar 266 yards and one touchdown was an awesome game. He looked so awesome when his offensive line couldn't shield him perfectly for a game. This time he had to actually drive down the field for a touchdown to not lose the game. Ouch.Brady may not have won the Super Bowl against the Giants. Brady, however, didn't cost the Patriots the Super Bowl by throwing an interception, let alone a pick six, which is more than Peyton Manning can say.;)

Managing the game doesn't mean you run the ball more, it means you're not asked to win the game. For instance, in this SB you saw that the Colts and the Saints were trying to move the ball down the field mainly with passes. Just like your offense did. The difference is that both the saints and the colts were far more aggressive. I.E. more of an onus was put on them.

This is where I point you to his stat line.I will give you that the Patriots were more conservative in the SB against the Rams, but they were just as aggressive as the Colts and Saints in their SB games against the Panthers, Eagles and Giants. I would even say they were overly aggressive against the Giants because they ran too little and passed too much in that game.

Nope. He threw the ball. I don't recall absolving him of that throw at all. If I did please show me.I may have attributed a post or comment to you that was made by someone else. If so, then I apologize.

No, I don't think that they care. What I do know is that when it comes down to dissecting a career you look at everything. Just going "Brady has more rings so he's better," doesn't cut it.I agree. I am looking at everything. I just place more importance and emphasis on how the player did in the season that really matters, the post season and Super Bowl. Comparing Brady and Manning there is a HUGE difference that can't merely be ignored. Manning is a stud in the regular season but he is a pedestrian in the playoffs where he is merely .500 (9-9) and has only won one Super Bowl. Brady may not be a stud in the regular season, but he has really shined in the playoffs where he is 12-4 and has won 3 Super Bowls.

Palmer was a stud. He threw 28 TDs and 13 INTs, 4000 yards, completed 58% of his passes, etc etc etc.

Now he is only above average. Glad to know that Palmer is the measuring stick of a QB's greatness. ;)Didn't say that Palmer is the measuring stick of QB greatness. I was just using him as an example of the effect a major knee injury and surgery can have on a QB's subsequent play and how long it takes the QB to return, if ever, to his pre-injury form.

ursamajor
02-09-2010, 05:13 PM
Peyton kept his eyes on that side of the field from the snap. It can be a good thing to telegraph like that intentionally, when the corners are playing off, if you pump fake. And the corners were playing off. Peyton should have realized that he had a great opportunity to set up Porter with the pump fake. Porter would have made his move to jump the route, and Wayne would have come free. It probably would have caused Sharper to take a few steps up as well. It could have been a TD play have Peyton pump faked.

I bet it is haunting Peyton.

Poet
02-09-2010, 05:19 PM
I don't know and haven't researched that issue because this has absolutely nothing to do with what we were talking about which was your point that the Steelers beat the Colts in part due to Reggie Wayne dropping a sure TD and my counter point that Peyton would never have won a Super Bowl if Reche Caldwell hadn't dropped a sure TD.:confused:

My point is that Manning typically has more to overcome than Brady does. I didn't even phrase my statement correctly.

Ok so he threw a single touchdown against the Ram. Peyton Manning threw a single TD in BOTH of his Super Bowl games, first against the Bears and then against the Saints. If this is a negative for Brady, then it is similarly a negative for Manning, right King.;)

Yes.

I guess I don't see the problem in doing what is necessary under pressure and with time running down to move your team down the field to win the game without taking unnecessary risks or gambles when all you need is a field goal to win the game.:confused: Smart sound football in my opinion.

That's fine, however people make it sound like Brady is this masterful magician at the end of playoff games. The reality of it is that his legend is...greatly overstated.

Brady may not have won the Super Bowl against the Giants. Brady, however, didn't cost the Patriots the Super Bowl by throwing an interception, let alone a pick six, which is more than Peyton Manning can say.;)

Neither did Peyton. Manning needed two touchdowns and had enough time and timeouts. He needed an onside kick. It happened once in that game already. If you want someone to blame for the Colts' losing effort, there's a whole lot of guys on their defense to look at.

I will give you that the Patriots were more conservative in the SB against the Rams, but they were just as aggressive as the Colts and Saints in their SB games against the Panthers, Eagles and Giants. I would even say they were overly aggressive against the Giants because they ran too little and passed too much in that game.

They were real conservative for a reason. In the other two SBs that you won I don't think you were as aggressive as either team. But, against the Giants you guys didn't run much all year. Just like Manning this year...

I may have attributed a post or comment to you that was made by someone else. If so, then I apologize.

No problem. It gets hard to remember every last detail. :salute:

I agree. I am looking at everything. I just place more importance and emphasis on how the player did in the season that really matters, the post season and Super Bowl. Comparing Brady and Manning there is a HUGE difference that can't merely be ignored. Manning is a stud in the regular season but he is a pedestrian in the playoffs where he is merely .500 (9-9) and has only won one Super Bowl. Brady may not be a stud in the regular season, but he has really shined in the playoffs where he is 12-4 and has won 3 Super Bowls.

Funny how we see it differently. To me Brady was a guy who was asked to do a whole lot less than Manning. Over time his importance to his team grew, up his first SB performance to me was, greatly overrated and only average. He got better, a lot better, over time, but in regards to Manning he never had to do what Manning had to. Manning had to win every game. His defense rarely won games if ever, in fact they were usually amongst the worst in the NFL. But the second Brady was ever put in the position that Manning was his entire career he isn't the same guy.

If I put Peyton Manning on the Patriots and Brady on the Colts I expect that the Colts would still wind up being the losers in regards to their head to head competition. But, what happened the last time the two teams played in the playoffs? What happened this year with the Pats in the playoffs? To me it's clear that the Patriot dynasty is officially dead. The Patriots aren't positioned to be strong playoff contenders and Brady was so 'valuable' to his team that Matt Cassel took them to an 11-5 year.

How can I take that over a guy who is going to have all the passing records and proved that he is capable of winning a Super Bowl?

There's this huge knock on Manning that he sucks at the playoffs, but he's improving that record. By the time his career is over his playoff record will be pretty damn good. I mean two years ago it was abysmal right? Now he's one game under 500. right?

Didn't say that Palmer is the measuring stick of QB greatness. I was just using him as an example of the effect a major knee injury and surgery can have on a QB's subsequent play and how long it takes the QB to return, if ever, to his pre-injury form.

That's fine.

MNPatsFan
02-09-2010, 06:49 PM
Neither did Peyton. Manning needed two touchdowns and had enough time and timeouts. He needed an onside kick. It happened once in that game already. If you want someone to blame for the Colts' losing effort, there's a whole lot of guys on their defense to look at.Well they ONLY needed ONE touchdown before Manning threw the interception because New Orleans was leading 24-17 at that time. Manning, however, did need TWO touchdowns AFTER he threw the pick six.:laugh:

You can sugar coat it or spin it anyway you want, but Manning cost the Colts the Super Bowl when he threw the pick six doubling their deficit from 7 points to 14 points at 31-17 with only 3:12 left in the fourth quarter.;)

Regardless of our differences of opinion King, I enjoy debating you because your arguments make me think, formulate good counter arguments, and provide factual basis for my counter arguments and opinions.:salute:

Here is to you King!:beer:

Poet
02-09-2010, 07:46 PM
Well they ONLY needed ONE touchdown before Manning threw the interception because New Orleans was leading 24-17 at that time. Manning, however, did need TWO touchdowns AFTER he threw the pick six.:laugh:

You can sugar coat it or spin it anyway you want, but Manning cost the Colts the Super Bowl when he threw the pick six doubling their deficit from 7 points to 14 points at 31-17 with only 3:12 left in the fourth quarter.;)

Regardless of our differences of opinion King, I enjoy debating you because your arguments make me think, formulate good counter arguments, and provide factual basis for my counter arguments and opinions.:salute:

Here is to you King!:beer:

They were also only down a touchdown because of Manning. I'm not spinning anything my friend.

I enjoy the debates with you as well. It's never personal and always fun.

CrazyHorse
02-09-2010, 08:02 PM
If Adam Viniateri = Scott Norwood then how many rings does Brady have?

MNPatsFan
02-11-2010, 11:08 AM
If Adam Viniateri = Scott Norwood then how many rings does Brady have?Why he would have three because he would have driven the Patriots deep enough that Scott Norwood couldn't and wouldn't have missed!:D

I can play the same game CrazyHorse. If TD = Ki-Jana Carter then how many Super Bowl rings would Elway have? Under the two scenarios provided, Brady would have at least one more ring than Elway and probably three.;)

:lol::lol:

Northman
02-11-2010, 11:47 AM
If Adam Viniateri = Scott Norwood then how many rings does Brady have?

Most moronic comment ever. If you dont think that Brady was a huge part of those SB wins your insane. I too agree that Manning is better overall but to simply downplay Brady because of ignorance is well.....ignorant.

Poet
02-11-2010, 02:17 PM
Why did we have to say the name Ki-Jana Carter?

Why?

Dreadnought
02-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Why did we have to say the name Ki-Jana Carter?

Why?

:lol::lol::lol:

Poet
02-11-2010, 03:20 PM
:lol::lol::lol:

Akili Smith, Ki-Jana Carter, David Klinger, Dan Wilkinson and Peter Warrick.

That was a bad, bad decade.

Dreadnought
02-11-2010, 03:23 PM
Akili Smith, Ki-Jana Carter, David Klinger, Dan Wilkinson and Peter Warrick.

That was a bad, bad decade.

Well, I'm sure Mike Brown did his very best. The effort must count for something

Poet
02-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Well, I'm sure Mike Brown did his very best. The effort must count for something

Mike Brown, spends money like a conservative but has the accountability of a....

:salute: