PDA

View Full Version : Medford Broncos Super Bowl Article

Medford Bronco
02-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Who will win the Super Bowl? I feel the Colts win will and Peyton Manning will further solidify his legacy as one of the best Qbs of all time. For those who say Manning is arrogant or a jerk, I don’t see it. He prepares better than most Qbs in the game and seems to know what is coming before most other Qbs. He was able to rip a Jets defense for 24 unanswered points after the Jets were up 17-6 in the AFC Championship game. The Colts are also much better on defense than most give them credit for. The vaunted Jets running game that ripped through SD and the Bengals, was held under 100 yards.

I think the Saints are a nice story and will feel good for them if they win, but I think that the Colts have too much on both sides of the ball for them to contend with. In my humble opinion, the only way NO wins this game is that they must have a plus 2 turnover ratio and have at least one TD on an unconventional method (kickoff ret, int return, fumble etc). I respect Brees very much so and he is a class act and has worked very hard since leaving SD to be one of the top Qbs in the game, but I think the legendary Manning will be too much to handle.

One other method NO can try to use is keep away, ala Denver in 1997 vs GB and the Giants in 1990 vs high powered Buffalo. The difference between Denver, NYG and the Saints is that those defenses were better equipped to help out their higher power offenses. If Pierre Thomas can have a good game and the Saints use Bush the proper way, then they can try to dominate the time of possession to win. I would not try to outgun the Colts as they will eventually come up short in my humble opinion.

Another underrated aspect of the Colts is how Autin Collie and Pierre Garcon have stepped up their games when Reggie Wayne and Dallas Clark were shut down in recent games. This part of the Colts offense makes them so hard to predict. The sixty four thousand dollar question about Manning was always how was he going to get Wayne and Harrison the ball. Pitt and Ne did shut them down in the past and that caused major problems to the Colts during their playoff runs pre-2006. Manning has matured as a QB and has learned to take what he was given and not force the ball into coverage.
I feel this will be a very entertaining game but in the long run, I have to go with Indy 34-24. Just too much offense, Manning and experience for the Saints to overcome. It would be a nice story for the Saints to win, but it is not as likely as most across the country want to happen. Enjoy the game and hopefully you can win a square, have some excellent food and fun all at once.

Thank you to all the great fans of this board for reading this. I know this is not going to be a popular article but it is what I feel will happen. Please leave feedback and if you disagree, that is okay, just try to be nice about it lol.

KCL
02-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Good post Med...I think the Colts will take it..I would really like to see the Saints win...just hope it's a good game...I want to see a good close game decided in the last few seconds!

Medford Bronco
02-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Boy was I off :lol:

Great win for NO. Congrats to them :salute:

Northman
02-07-2010, 09:48 PM
Im so glad you were off on this article Med. Thing is, your points are pretty much on the money but im still glad the Saints won.

Broncolingus
02-07-2010, 10:06 PM

Who gives a shit...looking at things objectively, most felt like you.

I know I did...

I think 'most' people wanted the Saints to win for a bunch of reasons that I'm fine with.

Thats why they play the game and the Saints certainly WON this one!!!

Congrats!

GP, BTW, buddy...

KCL
02-07-2010, 10:21 PM

You and I both..I really thought Indy would win...during the drive where Manning was picked off,I told hubby I hope they pick him off and hubby said yea me too and I hope they run it back for a TD...:lol:

KCL
02-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Who gives a shit...looking at things objectively, most felt like you.

I know I did...

I think 'most' people wanted the Saints to win for a bunch of reasons that I'm fine with.

Thats why they play the game and the Saints certainly WON this one!!!

Congrats!

GP, BTW, buddy...

It was a kick ass game!!!

Broncolingus
02-07-2010, 10:22 PM
It was a kick ass game!!!

Sure was sister!!!

Medford Bronco
02-08-2010, 11:22 AM
The only thing that stinks is I have to hear all the Brady vs Manning crap ad nauseum now.

Makes me want to puke really.

They are both great. It is like that is not allowed to be said around here. No one can be better than brady and bellicheck. puke puke puke

frenchfan
02-09-2010, 05:06 AM
Med... Your article was good... I thought the Colts would win too...

Now, watching the game, the is no shame Saints won... They were better... Plain and simple...
Freeney's injury was a key for Colts D who seemed lost since mid second quarter... He could play for more than quarter, then we all saw his injury caught him...

Another key in the game was the dropped pass by Collie... (we can argue Saints had one too, so it's a tie there)... But it happened during Colts' momentum and killed them... The Saints knew since they could stop Manning...

Awesome play by Sean Payton on the onside kick... I couldn't believe it... The message was clear... We know we have troubles to stop Colts O, but we will rock our O on your face... And that give momentum to Saints... At that time, I told my brother "damn, now, a good Manning won't be enough... Colts need a SUPER Manning"... And sadly, he was very good, but not enough...
Only 1 bad decision during the game IMO and he paid it...

Med, I hear you about Brady vs Manning... I have to say I would rank Manning ahead because of everything he does on the field... Now, I can't say brady isn't good... But I think Manning could succeed in many more teams, many more systems than Brady... JHMO though...

Anyway... good game... and good article... :salute: :beer:

T.K.O.
02-09-2010, 12:25 PM

no....actually you called it almost to a tee !
you said the saints would have to be +2 in turnovers,and need one of them to be a pick 6 or similar.
that is basically how the saints won. the int return and the onside kick (= turnover in my book)
those 2 plays changed the entire outcome of the game.
i was rooting for the saints and they definately deserved the win,but like you said the formula required a couple big plays going their way and thats what happened:beer::salute:

huale768
10-15-2010, 01:35 AM
Another key in the game was the dropped pass by Collie... (we can argue Saints had one too, so it's a tie there)... But it happened during Colts' momentum and killed them... The Saints knew since they could stop Manning...

Awesome play by Sean Payton on the onside kick... I couldn't believe it... The message was clear... We know we have troubles to stop Colts O, but we will rock our O on your face... And that give momentum to Saints... At that time, I told my brother "damn, now, a good Manning won't be enough... Colts need a SUPER Manning"... And sadly, he was very good, but not enough...
Only 1 bad decision during the game IMO and he paid it...

Med, I hear you about Brady vs Manning... I have to say I would rank Manning ahead because of everything he does on the field... Now, I can't say brady isn't good... But I think Manning could succeed in many more teams, many more systems than Brady... JHMO though...