PDA

View Full Version : This Super Bowl reminds me of ours in 1978

East Coast Fan
02-07-2010, 09:24 AM
Maybe some of you other old-timers (I say that with love) will agree, but the more that I watch TV the more it strikes me that this Super Bowl reminds me of when we first went in '78 against Dallas; the Saints are the underdog against the big, bad Colts like we were against the big, bad Cowboys, but more importantly they were a sad-sack team for years earlier like we were, and they seem to be the sentimental favorite like we were back then. Their fans are enjoying this first taste of "greatness" like we did back then; I hope that they pull off the "upset" and win-Manning and the Colts always pound us, so GO SAINTS!! :D

Nomad
02-07-2010, 09:30 AM
The Saint are underdogs against Manning! Take him out the equation, Saints win easily. They had a stat on ESPN that no QB from Texas has ever won a Superbowl, maybe Brees will be the 1st!!

MasterShake
02-07-2010, 10:18 AM
This is the first Super Bowl in a long time were I will not be rooting AGAINST a team.

The Colts have gained my respect and I like Manning, and the Saints have always been a sentimental favorite of mine due to lots of friends and family in New Orleans. I'm just gonna root for whoever is down at halftime! :lol:

Gotta enjoy it, looong offseason coming up!

titan
02-07-2010, 12:55 PM
This is the first Super Bowl in a long time were I will not be rooting AGAINST a team.

The Colts have gained my respect and I like Manning, and the Saints have always been a sentimental favorite of mine due to lots of friends and family in New Orleans. I'm just gonna root for whoever is down at halftime! :lol:

Gotta enjoy it, looong offseason coming up!

I'm the same way. I'm rooting for New Orleans since the Colts have won a super bowl before (it would be great for the Saints fans).

But if the Colts win I'll be happy for Manning. I've always liked Peyton Manning, too. I remember after winning a close game in Denver a few years ago Peyton commented about what a great game day atmosphere it was at Invesco that day - it reminded him of his college days at Tennessee. Peyton has an appreciation for the game beyond winning and losing - I've always liked that about him. Also the volunteer work he did in New Orleans after Katrina was admirable.