PDA

View Full Version : Bowlen says Brandon Marshall might be back with Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
02-06-2010, 11:05 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14350572?source=rss

FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. — In his first interview since the Broncos faded from a 6-0 start to an 8-8 finish, Pat Bowlen, the team's owner since 1984, addressed his club's hot-button issues with The Denver Post on Super Bowl eve Saturday.

Bowlen said he would like star receiver Brandon Marshall to remain with the Broncos, but wouldn't block a trade if rookie coach Josh McDaniels feels it would benefit the team. Bowlen revealed the plan is for Kyle Orton to remain the Broncos' quarterback, but the team hopes to select another quarterback in the upcoming draft.

Bowlen said he wasn't troubled by McDaniels' decision to bench Marshall and Tony Scheffler in the season's final game, saying it was necessary for a young coach to assert his authority.

"If I learned anything, (it) is these kinds of things are learning experiences, especially for a brand new, 33-year-old coach, who obviously has all the pedigree but has never before had the job," Bowlen said. "And now he's faced with the job. And so I think from my standpoint, he did a very good job handling that."

For the first time in his 26-year reign as Broncos owner, Bowlen has gone through four consecutive seasons without a playoff experience.

"Thanks for reminding me," Bowlen said.

In those four seasons, Bowlen often has had a Marshall issue cross his desk. Marshall has been the team's most talented and productive player the past four years. But he also has forced Bowlen to make sure head trainer Steve "Greek" Antonopulos never runs out of aspirin.

"I think Brandon is going through a maturing process," Bowlen said. "Personally, I saw change in his personality and approach to things (this past season). He didn't have the same sort of attitude and anxiety that he's had. I personally would like to see him stay. And there's still a good possibility that could happen."

However, Bowlen understands there are extenuating circumstances to guarantee Marshall's return — most notably the uncertainty of the league's labor situation. Bowlen respected the gag order commissioner Roger Goodell placed on owners at their meeting earlier Saturday, but the Broncos may not be in position to offer multiyear contracts to any of their restricted free agents — a group that includes Marshall, Orton, Scheffler, Elvis Dumervil and Chris Kuper. That's the case so long as there remains a threat of a work stoppage in 2011.

Would Marshall return on a one-year deal?

"I'd like to see Brandon stay," Bowlen said. "Now, if the head coach sits down and says no, I want to trade him, or I've got a deal that's going to be beneficial to the club, I don't think I'm going to override him.

"I think Brandon going through this whole process last year, I think it matured him a little bit, if not a lot. And I think he's, at least I hope he is, wondering if it's the right thing for him to move to another team. I think that's a question mark in his mind. He hasn't told me that, but I have a sense of that."

As for who will throw to Marshall next season, or throw to receivers other than Marshall, Bowlen said Orton is his man.

"I want Kyle back," Bowlen said. "Orton is a good quarterback. I'd also like to think we might have the opportunity to draft a young quarterback, not necessarily to come in and play right away, but if you have the opportunity to draft somebody, that would be a plus for us."

He wasn't specific, but the assumption is the Broncos would not wait until the later rounds if they chose to draft a quarterback.

Aware McDaniels has received his share of criticism through his first year for making such bold moves as trading away quarterback Jay Cutler, benching Marshall and Scheffler for the season's final game, and allowing defensive coordinator Mike Nolan to leave for a similar job with Miami, Bowlen endorsed his coach's style while adding any mistakes that were made will be corrected with experience.

"I wasn't particularly upset or in angst about the way he handled it," Bowlen said. "He wants to establish his own discipline and his own personality as far as the way he wants to run his club. And I think, as time goes, that will mellow out a little bit. But I think he was trying to make a point or let people know that he wasn't going to be a pushover. And I think a lot of that comes from his age. The fact is he's young, he has to assert that kind of authority. And I agree with him, because he has to gain the respect of the players.

"I'm certainly not disappointed. We would have liked to have won a couple more games and made it to the playoffs, but we didn't. We were 8-8 essentially for the fourth year in a row, but he's got his stamp on the team. I think at this point going forward, players and staff are going to know what to expect."

Near the end of the interview, Bowlen was told about rumors he was out of touch with what was going on with his franchise. Told that didn't seem to be the case, he said: "Are you sure? Something must be wrong. No, I'm very comfortable with what I have regarding our team. You might come back to me nine months from now and ask, 'Are you still comfortable?' But I'm not uncomfortable with what I see as far as the Broncos are concerned."

NameUsedBefore
02-06-2010, 11:07 PM
Pumping his value, IMO.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-06-2010, 11:09 PM
Pumping his value, IMO.

Maybe - or maybe not

HORSEPOWER 56
02-06-2010, 11:15 PM
I'm really happy that Bowlen wants to draft a QB. I think he knows that Orton is not the future of this franchise. The way he seemed so willing to discuss it during the interview, I wouldn't be surprised at all to go QB early. :elefant:

Lonestar
02-06-2010, 11:22 PM
Something stood out in there to me.

It sounds as though we are not going resign anyone to a long term contract.

One year deals. Very plainly stated.
So they get tendered contracts according to their worth or draft choice worth to the team.

Someone please Check on Clay as after that announcement Pat is happy with his young coach and Kyle Orton is our QB.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

Ravage!!!
02-06-2010, 11:24 PM
I think he stated that the coach will have the call on Marshall, and I think we all know where that most probably will go.

He also stated that he saw that the coach was pushing his weight around... due to his age and inexperience at being 'the guy'

I like that he stated he wanted to draft a QB... that at least says that he's not looking as Orton as ANY kind of long-term QB

Denver Native (Carol)
02-06-2010, 11:29 PM

So they get tendered contracts according to their worth or draft choice worth to the team.

Someone please Check on Clay as after that announcement Pat is happy with his young coach and Kyle Orton is our QB.

but the Broncos may not be in position to offer multiyear contracts to any of their restricted free agents

Northman
02-06-2010, 11:34 PM
I'm really happy that Bowlen wants to draft a QB. I think he knows that Orton is not the future of this franchise. The way he seemed so willing to discuss it during the interview, I wouldn't be surprised at all to go QB early. :elefant:

Yea, its almost like he wanted Jay to sit behind Jake for a while initially which would of been the ideal move then but Jake did his thing and the rest is history. Never the less, sounds like we might be going Qb afterall if given the chance.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-06-2010, 11:38 PM
I just had a funny thought - I wonder if Coach McD welcomes Pat somewhat exposing what the Broncos will be doing in the upcoming draft :lol:

Ravage!!!
02-06-2010, 11:43 PM
I just had a funny thought - I wonder if Coach McD welcomes Pat somewhat exposing what the Broncos will be doing in the upcoming draft :lol:

:laugh: I wonder if Pat was sober during the interview ?

"oops... sorry about that Josh. Was I not supposed to say anything?"

HORSEPOWER 56
02-06-2010, 11:56 PM
:laugh: I wonder if Pat was sober during the interview ?

"oops... sorry about that Josh. Was I not supposed to say anything?"

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Bowlen just looked at Josh and said, "look kid, I sign the paychecks around here and I say what I want to whomever I want".

Bowlen has made it pretty clear what I think he expects from this upcoming year. Interesting that he seems to be pretty involved in the Marshall thing, too. In other words, if the deal isn't good enough for Pat, he's not going to allow Josh to just ship Marshall outta town just to get rid of him if we get low-balled for B Marsh. That was what I was really worried about. I could see Josh willing to ship Marshall out for a second round pick and a player (ahem, Deion Branch who he's familiar with). The thought of it makes me wanna hurl, but I could see McDaniels doing it.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-06-2010, 11:58 PM
At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Bowlen just looked at Josh and said, "look kid, I sign the paychecks around here and I say what I want to whomever I want".

Bowlen has made it pretty clear what I think he expects from this upcoming year. Interesting that he seems to be pretty involved in the Marshall thing, too. In other words, if the deal isn't good enough for Pat, he's not going to allow Josh to just ship Marshall outta town just to get rid of him if we get low-balled for B Marsh. That was what I was really worried about. I could see Josh willing to ship Marshall out for a second round pick and a player (ahem, Deion Branch who he's familiar with). The thought of it makes me wanna hurl, but I could see McDaniels doing it.

I may be reading more into this than what there is, but I really expect Brandon to be with the Broncos next year, after hearing two interviews by Coach McD in the last couple days talking about Brandon, and now this coming from Pat.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-07-2010, 12:04 AM
I may be reading more into this than what there is, but I really expect Brandon to be with the Broncos next year, after hearing two interviews by Coach McD in the last couple days talking about Brandon, and now this coming from Pat.

Oh, I don't know. I think if any team dangles a first rounder, then Brandon is as good as gone. I really think Bowlen is being sincere, but I don't think McDaniels is when it comes to Marshall. I think McDaniels wants Marshall gone more than Marshall does. He's making nice now because he probably understands by now that he really goofed up going public with his problems with Marshall and that doing anything that will lower his trade value increases the chances that Marshall stays.

Bowlen won't accept peanuts for Marshall. It better be a pretty good deal of Bowlen will pull the plug. McDaniels has to talk him up now, too if he wants to trade him.

honz
02-07-2010, 12:58 AM
You guys sure are trying to read a lot into some simple words said by Bowlen in a short interview.

Ravage!!!
02-07-2010, 01:29 AM
Will this finally put to rest those sentiments of the nonsensical fans who continue to argue McD does not have "GM type control" over the team? Our coach is really our GM. Our GM is really the accountant.

In regards to every move, be it players, draft, or staff, Bowlen refers to one person making the decision. McDaniels.

Give McD credit where it is due, and bash where you feel it is needed. But dont tell anyone that McD isnt calling the shots every bit the way Shanny did.

SR
02-07-2010, 01:38 AM
Man, I sure am impressed with some of the people here's ability to read between the lines when there's nothing between the lines to read.

dogfish
02-07-2010, 02:04 AM
Bowlen revealed the plan is for Kyle Orton to remain the Broncos' quarterback, but the team hopes to select another quarterback in the upcoming draft.

this is far more relevant than any more of the company line regarding marshall, and i am quite a bit surprised to hear bowlen tell the world a big part of our draft plans-- somewhere, shanahan just choked and fell over. . .

dogfish
02-07-2010, 02:06 AM
Will this finally put to rest those sentiments of the nonsensical fans who continue to argue McD does not have "GM type control" over the team? Our coach is really our GM. Our GM is really the accountant.

In regards to every move, be it players, draft, or staff, Bowlen refers to one person making the decision. McDaniels.

Give McD credit where it is due, and bash where you feel it is needed. But dont tell anyone that McD isnt calling the shots every bit the way Shanny did.

bean counter, please!

geez dude, show a little respect will ya?

Shazam!
02-07-2010, 02:54 AM
I'm sure no matter which QB Denver Drafts, people will be slaughtering McDaniels for it no matter how talented he is. Because ______ was available and he's an idiot for getting ______. I can see it now.

topscribe
02-07-2010, 03:23 AM
I think he stated that the coach will have the call on Marshall, and I think we all know where that most probably will go.

He also stated that he saw that the coach was pushing his weight around... due to his age and inexperience at being 'the guy'

I like that he stated he wanted to draft a QB... that at least says that he's not looking as Orton as ANY kind of long-term QB

It doesn't necessarily mean anything. They were drafting QBs when Elway was with the Broncos.

-----

Broncolingus
02-07-2010, 03:28 AM
Brandon Marshall's reaction to Pat Bowlen's statement...

http://otrsportsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Brandon-Marshall-300x234.jpg

silkamilkamonico
02-07-2010, 05:36 AM
Bowlen stating Denver wants to draft a QB is likely the end for Brandstater.

Hopefully they get it right this time, instead of trading a pick to move up and draft a QB who won't be a long term solution.

Figure it out already.

muse
02-07-2010, 07:05 AM

Nah, Brian Xanders is starting a blog on Denverbroncos.com in which he'll reveal a little more of our draft board every week until the draft :lol:

Broncolingus
02-07-2010, 07:24 AM
Brandon Marshall's reaction to Pat Bowlen's statement...

http://otrsportsonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Brandon-Marshall-300x234.jpg

Hey...that's funny...:salute:

Oh, wait...that's my own post.

(...never mind...)

Elevation inc
02-07-2010, 08:10 AM

Hopefully they get it right this time, instead of trading a pick to move up and draft a QB who won't be a long term solution.

Figure it out already.

um doubtful, we carry 3 qb's period chris simms is the one thats gone not brandstater......

Nomad
02-07-2010, 08:13 AM
um doubtful, we carry 3 qb's period chris simms is the one thats gone not brandstater......

You would think!!

elsid13
02-07-2010, 08:30 AM
So this is what I learned from that interview.

1. McDaniels has complete control of personnel issues.
2. That Orton will get a single year deal, and look for us to draft a QB earlier.*
3. That economy and CBA uncertainty means no big name FA.

* or trade for one that McDaniels wants to develop.

SoCalImport
02-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Any and all statements regarding draft plans can always be smoke and mirrors. It happens every year with damn near every team. Hints, allusions or strait faced statements to what the plan is on draft day mean nothing.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-07-2010, 08:50 AM

I feel a coach should be the one calling the shots, in regards to which players he wants - however, I think the difference might be now that Pat has the final "yes or no" stamp, if the situation warrants it, whereas before, he more than likely had no say so, possibly he was not even consulted, but was rather told the way it was going to be.

Nomad
02-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Listening to sports pundits and former coaches talk about today's NFL, especially with the rules favoring QBs and WOs, a team needs a solid run game but not a great one. Having a great QB is the main thing and Colts/Saints are great examples (this is per Brian Billick). God forbid McDaniels targets Clausen because Shanahan going after Bradford!! I, myself, would rather see the lines fixed because if you're QB has no protection, he's useless and that's another advantage of Manning is his protection!!

nevcraw
02-07-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm sure no matter which QB Denver Drafts, people will be slaughtering McDaniels for it no matter how talented he is. Because ______ was available and he's an idiot for getting ______. I can see it now.

It's just not fair!!

SR
02-07-2010, 10:11 AM

Figure it out already.

I was thinking more like the end of Simms.

claymore
02-07-2010, 11:21 AM

I didnt read a lick of it. IMO all this is BS. I will wait to see what happens. I trust un named sources more than what I trust named sources in this mess.

topscribe
02-07-2010, 11:29 AM
I didnt read a lick of it. IMO all this is BS. I will wait to see what happens. I trust un named sources more than what I trust named sources in this mess.

Can't say I necessarily disagree. Both sides are saying all the right things. What
that means is anybody's guess at this point. I'm hoping for the best to maintain
my optimism and expecting the worst to keep from being let down . . .

-----

Italianmobstr7
02-07-2010, 11:50 AM
Whether it's true or not true, I hope that Marshall is a Bronco next year and the years to come after.

Lonestar
02-07-2010, 01:04 PM
Well I see the bitter negative nancies are out in force today.

I read that while Josh has not done it the way that Pat would have, Pat is going to allow him to put his BRAND on the team.

No less, no more. He trusts him to do the right thing and GROW into being a great coach.

Is he on a shorter leash than mike was there is little doubt in that.
But that does not mean Pat is any less commited to bringing great teams to us.

His comment about the one year contracts still strikes me as more than what it sounded like. It sounds like a gentlemans agreement was struck at the owners meetings not to screw with RFA's until they have a contract.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I see them clearing the decks/rosters for/of a lockout/big long term contracts/upfornt money.

I think they saw how some owners/GMs/headcoaches found a way around the cap that came about in this CBA. When they set up the cap/FA deal years ago.

The cap was supposed to restrain the rich owners from stealing all of the talent from the smaller/poorer clubs. But someone found a loop hole by using the signing bonus as a way to entice players to MOVE.

It is something that lead to guaranteed money that is killing the owners.

I'll bet these are things all but a couple of owners want to get rid of.

Lockout here we come folks.

nevcraw
02-07-2010, 01:24 PM
Well I see the bitter negative nancies are out in force today.

I read that while Josh has not done it the way that Pat would have, Pat is going to allow him to put his BRAND on the team.

No less, no more. He trusts him to do the right thing and GROW into being a great coach.

Is he on a shorter leash than mike was there is little doubt in that.
But that does not mean Pat is any less commited to bringing great teams to us.

His comment about the one year contracts still strikes me as more than what it sounded like. It sounds like a gentlemans agreement was struck at the owners meetings not to screw with RFA's until they have a contract.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong, but I see them clearing the decks/rosters for/of a lockout/big long term contracts/upfornt money.

I think they saw how some owners/GMs/headcoaches found a way around the cap that came about in this CBA. When they set up the cap/FA deal years ago.

The cap was supposed to restrain the rich owners from stealing all of the talent from the smaller/poorer clubs. But someone found a loop hole by using the signing bonus as a way to entice players to MOVE.

It is something that lead to guaranteed money that is killing the owners.

I'll bet these are things all but a couple of owners want to get rid of.

Lockout here we come folks.

Hoping you are wrong on this.. but it doesn't look good..

As far as marshall is concerned, I read that he will be a Bronco (atleast for this year) unless someone offers a sweet deal. maybe no longer a forgone conclusion that he is history..

WARHORSE
02-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Im fine with a lockout.

Lock em all out.

The players think more of themselves than they ought. They need a wake up call.

They make too much.

The rookie salaries need to be locked per slot, and the salary cap should be set according to individual teams performances.

Nomad
02-07-2010, 01:53 PM
So a lockout would benefit the team more than the player??

Lonestar
02-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Im fine with a lockout.

Lock em all out.

They make too much.

The rookie salaries need to be locked per slot, and the salary cap should be set according to individual teams performances.

I think that is what they are trying to do. They opened the barn door rt. a few owners with no brains and deep pockets, Read JJ and DS and certainly AD.

Once they figured out they could spread the Signing bonus over the life of the contract they flipping went wild with handing out money like there was not tomorrow.

We had 10-25 mil a year in dead cap space with the money mike pissed away, for most of his career here. in some cases 10- 20% of the cap wasted. I'd guess that many other teams like WAS and DAL did also.
How many times have we discussed on here, that is was cheaper to keep a bum than cut him.

So a lockout would benefit the team more than the player??

It benefits no one but sometimes you have to make a stand. to reel in the insanity of a few, that were willing to pay any amount to get a player.

I believe that the next CBA will have rookie caps and almost NO guaranteed money built into them. the vets will throw the rookies to the wolves on this one cause it may help them not to be locked out. I also think they believe the Vets will get more money once they are a proven player.

I believe that there will be a lower % of revenues to the players 59% is to high and the 41 the owners are asking for is to low.

While they owners have been getting new stadiums and the fans have been getting better teams overall. the salary stuff can only go on so long before it kills the NFL.

this recession has scared the owners into realizing that they have to cut costs. and rookie salaries especially this in the first round have to come down. and frankly none of the vets will argue that point if they have any brains at all.

hope I've made some sense here

Nomad
02-07-2010, 02:27 PM
Thanks JR! I've never really followed this part of the NFL!! Rookies should get paid a certain amount and then get paid through incentatives, in other words, earn their pay!

I was watching ESPN the other day and they were saying Peyton Manning will be the highest paid player next year with 20+million a year on a multi-year deal with all the endorsements and commercials he does, he'll be getting up there with Tiger Woods a far as richest athletes!! I can't even fathom that!

UnderArmour
02-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Im fine with a lockout.

Lock em all out.

They make too much.

Get out. Get off of these boards. You are no fan of football if you do not want football in 2011. Nobody should want a lock out. Nobody.

Nomad
02-07-2010, 02:35 PM
Get out. Get off of these boards. You are no fan of football if you do not want football in 2011. Nobody should want a lock out. Nobody.

You'll always have college, which I'm more a fan of college than I am the NFL though I don't like how CF doesn't have a true playoff system !!

Lonestar
02-07-2010, 02:45 PM
A lock out will not be good but long term it may be necessary to kill the crazy contracts out there that affect only the elite players.

NO ONE is worth a $100 MIL and to have a 30 mil guaranteed contract. is NUTS if someone is worried about tearing up and knee and ending his career then insure against it. do not ask the owners for their money because you may get hurt.

The owners are trying to make it a safer game and to end some of the cap that is leading to the older players that can't remember what they did for breakfast.

But to hamstring a club to a 30 mil guarantee is nuts IMHO. the gaurantees and high rookie contracts will be goon after this is done.

The NFL is the most solid of sprts and a lock out will hurt them and they know it BUT they also know they can't keep going with insane contracts because either way they will go down the tubes.

Fans will only spend so much on seats, beer, hotdogs, parking before they are priced out of the market.

Only a few teams like DEN WAS and NYG have huge waiting lists for tickets.

GB you have to have your Season tickets willed to you to get them PIT is about the same. But for every one of those teams there is a BUF, JAX, SAN (when they are not winning) that are not strong cities with unfailing fan support.

A lockout will happen unless the Veterans get smart. College players have no vote.

Northman
02-07-2010, 02:49 PM

That will probably happen with every player he drafts. Its par for the course as we all did it during Shanahan's time as well. But, considering we did have a talented Qb in place some would be scratching their heads that Kyle isnt the answer. :lol:

silkamilkamonico
02-07-2010, 02:53 PM

Now there's a recipe for success. Having your backup QBs as 2 unproven rookies, with the one of more experience being the reject you traded up to draft 2 years ago, only to see in a year that you wasted a pick on a guy that will probably be gone in the next 2 years.

"Figure it out already Denver".

Here's a good question.

Will Denver draft another QB next year, and just hope to "hit the jackpot" if Orton doesn't get hurt next year? 3 options is better than 2, right?

TXBRONC
02-07-2010, 03:43 PM

I would not be surprised if Denver drafts quarterback but I'm sure this year's draft.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
02-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Man, I didn't realize how many talented mind-readers there were on here. :D

Northman
02-07-2010, 04:32 PM

Did you have anything of value to add to this thread besides baiting?

SR
02-07-2010, 04:44 PM

This is one department where the NFL should take notes from the NHL.

SR
02-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Did you have anything of value to add to this thread besides baiting?

He's kinda on the right path...

Apollo
02-07-2010, 06:43 PM
the salary cap should be set according to individual teams performances.

Not to teams individual performances, but to their revenue. Clubs who bring in more money should be able to spend more, regardless of their league position. This makes it fair imo.

Den21vsBal19
02-07-2010, 08:54 PM
If both sides can behave themselves, then great, but I don't want to be seeing the same crap every season :frusty:

SR
02-07-2010, 09:01 PM
Not to teams individual performances, but to their revenue. Clubs who bring in more money should be able to spend more, regardless of their league position. This makes it fair imo.

Not really. That's what was wrong with hockey until '05 and that is what's wrong with baseball now. Big market teams dominate every year. The NHL created a salary cap and now they have teams that wouldn't have ever been competitive without a cap being competitive.

topscribe
02-08-2010, 01:43 AM
If both sides can behave themselves, then great, but I don't want to be seeing the same crap every season :frusty:

In the league, or on this board?

-----

T.K.O.
02-08-2010, 12:30 PM

i did.......:D.....get it ?

T.K.O.
02-08-2010, 12:37 PM
the one huge factor that has been somewhat ignored if there is a lockout.
its not about punishing the rich owners or players....and even us fans that cringe at the thought of no football for 17 months....its the hundreds of thousands maybe even millions of people who sell merchandise,beverages,concessioins,clean up parking lots,security,caretake stadiums,painters,sign makers the list goes on and on.
this would have ripple effects through our already battered economy that would extend all the way down to babysitters for folks who go to games and parties etc...
we are talking hundreds of millions of dollars here ,much of which has little to do with the guys in the luxury box or on the field.:salute:

Lonestar
02-08-2010, 02:17 PM
the one huge factor that has been somewhat ignored if there is a lockout.
its not about punishing the rich owners or players....and even us fans that cringe at the thought of no football for 17 months....its the hundreds of thousands maybe even millions of people who sell merchandise,beverages,concessioins,clean up parking lots,security,caretake stadiums,painters,sign makers the list goes on and on.
this would have ripple effects through our already battered economy that would extend all the way down to babysitters for folks who go to games and parties etc...
we are talking hundreds of millions of dollars here ,much of which has little to do with the guys in the luxury box or on the field.:salute:

For the most part folks will cope by doing other things going to the beach, mountains exploring the city they live in and just staying home a resting or doing chores.

Yes it will be a loss of income for a lot of folks but some of it will be moved to Other areas IE DIY centers for home and autos.

Some will go to restaurants, stores and theaters.

the money not spent will go in to banks or stock market.

But it will not get lost.:D

T.K.O.
02-08-2010, 02:27 PM
For the most part folks will cope by doing other things going to the beach, mountains exploring the city they live in and just staying home a resting or doing chores.

Yes it will be a loss of income for a lot of folks but some of it will be moved to Other areas IE DIY centers for home and autos.

Some will go to restaurants, stores and theaters.

the money not spent will go in to banks or stock market.

But it will not get lost.:D

it will to guys like me who sell pizza, but my shop is closed on sunday anyway.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-08-2010, 07:38 PM
Now there's a recipe for success. Having your backup QBs as 2 unproven rookies, with the one of more experience being the reject you traded up to draft 2 years ago, only to see in a year that you wasted a pick on a guy that will probably be gone in the next 2 years.

"Figure it out already Denver".

Here's a good question.

Will Denver draft another QB next year, and just hope to "hit the jackpot" if Orton doesn't get hurt next year? 3 options is better than 2, right?

Do you actually believe that Brandstater could've done any worse than Simms had he gotten the start vs SD? I could've done better than Simms in that game. My completion % probably would've been the same, but I wouldn't have fumbled the ball away... :D