PDA

View Full Version : Border

Skinny
02-06-2010, 11:05 PM
Does anyone know if there is there a simple way to put a border around a picture like a code, for instance, or do you have to have a program?

Tia.

Reidman
02-07-2010, 12:53 AM
Does anyone know if there is there a simple way to put a border around a picture like a code, for instance, or do you have to have a program?

Tia.

If you're just looking for a standard solid color border you can just use paint program and draw a border manually with the pen tool or use GIMP which is also free.

As far as I know there is no code which will apply a border for you..

Skinny
02-07-2010, 10:17 AM
If you're just looking for a standard solid color border you can just use paint program and draw a border manually with the pen tool or use GIMP which is also free.

As far as I know there is no code which will apply a border for you..Ok, thanks dude.

MileHighCrew
02-07-2010, 12:37 PM
The border is a great TV show. I know it is off topic but check it out. Besides that no I don't know sorry

Skinny
02-07-2010, 01:44 PM
The border is a great TV show. I know it is off topic but check it out. Besides that no I don't know sorryNever seen it but Grace Park is a hottie.

girler
02-07-2010, 11:31 PM
The border is a great TV show. I know it is off topic but check it out. Besides that no I don't know sorry

I've never even heard of this show, but it's such a "me" comment I have to high five it! :salute: :laugh:

MileHighCrew
02-08-2010, 05:31 PM
http://www.cbc.ca/theborder/

for anyone interested. I love this show. Sorry I totally thread jacked, but I couldn't help it.

Skinny
02-08-2010, 10:35 PM
S'all good MHC.

frauschieze
02-08-2010, 10:38 PM
A border around a picture in what program? HTML? The forums here? Photoshop?

I can cut some pretty mean strips out of construction paper.....

Skinny
02-08-2010, 11:04 PM
I bet you can Frau. But just a pic you find on the net or one you take of the family for a album on your computer. And you want it to look nice and all. I think I'm going to have to learn a program and just do it that way.

frauschieze
02-08-2010, 11:24 PM
I bet you can Frau. But just a pic you find on the net or one you take of the family for a album on your computer. And you want it to look nice and all. I think I'm going to have to learn a program and just do it that way.

Just to clarify again....you want to save pictures on your computer with a border around them? So if you went to the location where they were saved and opened them in a picture viewer, they would have a border around them?

Edit: I guess a better question is what is the end application you wish to use the photos for?

Skinny
02-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Just to clarify again....you want to save pictures on your computer with a border around them? So if you went to the location where they were saved and opened them in a picture viewer, they would have a border around them?

Edit: I guess a better question is what is the end application you wish to use the photos for?When I finish taking the picuters I want put them in a slideshow program for my sis. I want to add a border to make them look a little better, that's all.

frauschieze
02-08-2010, 11:43 PM
10-4. I'd look to see if I could find a slideshow program that had the capabilities of doing that for me before doing anything else. Putting a border on a picture and resaving the file elsewhere is not difficult and can be done a number of different ways, but mostly it's a lot of tedious, repetitive work.

frauschieze
02-08-2010, 11:49 PM
Here's a place to start: http://www.softlist.net/products/photo_border.html

Skinny
02-09-2010, 04:40 AM
Here's a place to start: http://www.softlist.net/products/photo_border.htmlThanks. I'll mess with this a little more when i get time and see how i do.