PDA

View Full Version : Champ and Boss Bailey talk about becoming Broncos and playing together

bmarsh15
03-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Here's the video:

http://cbs4denver.com/video/?id=39727@kcnc.dayport.com

Discuss

lex
03-07-2008, 01:27 AM
I like this signing. It was funny what he said about Mike Martz.

Escobar
03-07-2008, 01:41 AM
44-7

dogfish
03-07-2008, 02:39 AM
LMAO!

he said mike martz was "gettin' butt wild". . .

:lol: :pound:

good find. . . it's definitely cool seeing them talk together like that, and you can't help but feel good for them-- this must really be an exciting day for their family. . . hopefully it works out. . .

broncosfanscott
03-07-2008, 02:44 AM
That was a nice interview. I am excited to have Boss Bailey in Denver.

Looks like the something positive came out of that Den/Det game.

Watchthemiddle
03-07-2008, 02:58 AM
Good interview.

Can't wait to see them play together on the same field.

Lonestar
03-07-2008, 03:00 AM
Lets hope that Champ was correct and DET did not use him correctly and he can make a difference here..

The folks/fans in DET do not seemed to be concerned about his departure..

xzn
03-07-2008, 03:31 AM
"Fans" in Detroit are too drunk on anti-freeze cocktails to even know talent when they see it... Apparently so is the defensive staff of the Lions.

I'm starting to get a really good feeling about Boss being a Bronco!

Champ will definitely bring out the best in him, and that could still be a pretty high ceiling. Boss is a phenomenal athlete and with Champ as his unofficial private tutor and workout partner you have to think positively that we could really have something on the edges with Boss and DJ.

CoachChaz
03-07-2008, 08:41 AM
Anyone else concerned that we keep picking up or looking at players from one of the worst organizations in the NFL?

Droughns, Kirkus, Bly, Bailey.

BOSSHOGG30
03-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Anyone else concerned that we keep picking up or looking at players from one of the worst organizations in the NFL?

Droughns did good for us and was a tough runner. Bly is a Pro Bowler, and Boss Bailey is very good when healthy.

3 for 4 isn't bad.

CoachChaz
03-07-2008, 08:46 AM
Droughns did good for us and was a tough runner. Bly is a Pro Bowler, and Boss Bailey is very good when healthy.

3 for 4 isn't bad.

The point is...none of them do anything to get us over the top

MHCBill
03-07-2008, 09:04 AM

Droughns, Kirkus, Bly, Bailey.Jason Taylor was on the 1-15 Dolphins... hardly makes him a questionable talent.

BOSSHOGG30
03-07-2008, 09:04 AM

Well guys like Ian Gold from Tampa, John Lynch from Tampa, Javon Walker from Green Bay, and Daniel Graham from the Patriots haven't put us over the top either.... so where are you going with this?

HolyDiver
03-07-2008, 09:18 AM

Give me a break Coach...........It's better to have them than not. .....smh.............

Rex
03-07-2008, 09:25 AM
Boss Bailey> Ian Gold.

Medford Bronco
03-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Boss Bailey> Ian Gold.

that is like saying that a first grader is smarter than a kindergardener.

I want proof that Boss can be good. I am willing to give him a chance
but so far his career has been less than stellar

Astrass
03-07-2008, 01:12 PM
Lets hope that Champ was correct and DET did not use him correctly and he can make a difference here..

The folks/fans in DET do not seemed to be concerned about his departure..

They didn't use Bly the right way either and I think he did well for us so far so I'd give Bailey the benefit of the doubt. Plus there is something so cool about seeing them together on this team. I'm happy about this and I'm even happier to see DJ move back to will.

Hobe
03-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Frankly, I hope having Champ and Boss on the same defense is a spark. I hope it creates an attitude! I hope that Champ and Boss and Lynch, and Bly, and DJ, and that new Greece guy (What’s him name?), and everyone else on our defense this year steps out on the field and looks across the line and says, “I’m going to hurt you on the next play!” Then we’ll see some defense in Denver.

GEM
03-07-2008, 01:54 PM
44-7

Should I pull up all the scores in the playoff games between Denver and Cleveland or should I post a video of The Fumble?

Watchthemiddle
03-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Should I pull up all the scores in the playoff games between Denver and Cleveland or should I post a video of The Fumble?

Isn't that the last time Cleveland was even in the playoffs?:confused:

Sorry, off topic.

Not sure if having two brothers on the field will bring a different attitude to the D, but it can't hurt.

GEM
03-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Isn't that the last time Cleveland was even in the playoffs?:confused:

Sorry, off topic.

Not sure if having two brothers on the field will bring a different attitude to the D, but it can't hurt.

I'm looking forward to it. I think it's an upgrade....hell I loved Ian Gold, BUT getting DJ back to his natural position is the biggest upgrade of all.

Watchthemiddle
03-07-2008, 02:22 PM
I'm looking forward to it. I think it's an upgrade....hell I loved Ian Gold, BUT getting DJ back to his natural position is the biggest upgrade of all.

I was a Gold fan the first time around, but he didn't seem like the same player after we got him back from TB.

I don't really care what the Detroit fans are or are not saying about Boss. They can evaluate talent about as good as their management.

-- side note ---

I do like hearing what Seattle fans are saying about Niko. Hard hitter, very fast, good motor, and intincts. His problem has been he has had to play behing a very good MLB in Tupopaoouuloo...( sp..:laugh:) I look forward to seeing the competition come camp time.

underrated29
03-07-2008, 02:39 PM
yes, the biggest upgreade is DJ back at will. That is where he is a man amongst boys.

But maybe the brothers can have a little spark for the defense. any hockey fans can look at the sedin twins for vancouver. Those two guys can really tear it up. And for the most part they are on the same line ( defense, even though they play offense- get the connection here.)

Drill-N-Fill
03-07-2008, 02:46 PM
I was a Gold fan the first time around, but he didn't seem like the same player after we got him back from TB.

I don't really care what the Detroit fans are or are not saying about Boss. They can evaluate talent about as good as their management.

-- side note ---

I do like hearing what Seattle fans are saying about Niko. Hard hitter, very fast, good motor, and intincts. His problem has been he has had to play behing a very good MLB in Tupopaoouuloo...( sp..:laugh:) I look forward to seeing the competition come camp time.

I disagree with you about Detroit fans. I believe fans always know about their team more than anybody else. Plus, you have to give it to Detroit fans. Could you imagine rooting for a team that you know has no shot to be good, EVER?

Nature Boy
03-07-2008, 02:56 PM

No, why? :confused:

hamrob
03-07-2008, 10:36 PM
I like this signing...and you know there's an extra little something when you're trying to live up to your brother's billing.

Guy looked big next to champ! I can't wait to see him and DJ blitz from the edge...ouch!

SmilinAssasSin27
03-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Thanx bm15

Nature Boy
03-08-2008, 04:32 AM
Boss Bailey coming to Denver is the best news I've heard in Broncos country the last 2 years since the Broncos 7-2 record before the downward spiral in 2006.

Boss Bailey was the one guy I hoped the Broncos would draft in the 2003 draft. We got George Foster that year which was a head scratcher. Mike Shanahan has had some bad draft seasons the last 5,6,7 yrs.