PDA

View Full Version : Photos: Ranking top 10 Super Bowls

Broncolingus
02-05-2010, 01:32 AM
For what it's worth...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1002/nfl.best.super.bowls.ever/content.1.html?xid=cnnbin&hpt=Sbin

Of course, Denver's game against Green Bay did not make the list...

...and, of course, NY's win over NE couple of years ago was tops.

...and, of course, there is NO east/west coast media bias.

:tsk:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not arguing that the Giants/Pats SB doesn't deserve to be in this list (it was a great game and worthy to be in the top 10 SBs ever) and many of the choices seemed worthy - but SB XIV (Steelers over Rams) as a top 10 SB over Den/GB?

C'mon...

NameUsedBefore
02-05-2010, 01:40 AM
Awful.

The David Tyree play was awesome, but seriously, the rest of that game was shit****ing boring. Their description is in fact the very description of the Denver/Green Bay game, except that game was a back and forth the whole time with a lot of history on the line.

FanInAZ
02-05-2010, 02:04 AM
SB XIII, the 2nd Steelers over Cowboys, was not as good as advertised. The Steelers let the Cowboys get a garbage time TD. Dalles then got a luck bounce on the ensuing onside kick which lead to a 2nd garbage time TD.

SB XIV, Steelers over Rams was close for 3 quarters before then Steelers ran away with it.

SB III, Jets over Colt was historic because of what the Jets did. However, the game was never a nail biter.

SB XXXII, Bronco over Packers, better game then of these three.

Poet
02-05-2010, 02:27 AM
Awful.

The David Tyree play was awesome, but seriously, the rest of that game was shit****ing boring. Their description is in fact the very description of the Denver/Green Bay game, except that game was a back and forth the whole time with a lot of history on the line.

It was boring to fans who don't know good football when they see it.

Not saying that the GB Denver game wasn't a great game, but the Patriots were playing for the greatest team of all-time title and the greatest offense the NFL has ever seen was stopped in its tracks.

If you actually like the game of football and not just the offensive part of football it was a great game.

Broncolingus
02-05-2010, 03:00 AM
...just think the Den/GB was one of the top 10 of all time and is a no-brainer to be listed...

Northman
02-05-2010, 06:59 AM
The first 5, #8 and #10 i have no problem with. Those were great games no doubt. But Den/GB should be on that list. Especially over games like the Jets/Colts or Steelers/Rams because even the Denver game wasnt decided until the very end. I have a feeling though had Favre ended up tying that game and beating us it would of made the list. I dont know what it is when it comes to Denver that the media seems to ignore all the time. Pretty sad state of affairs.

Broncolingus
02-05-2010, 07:43 AM
I have a feeling though had Favre ended up tying that game and beating us it would of made the list

Yup...

FanInAZ
02-05-2010, 10:48 AM
The first 5, #8 and #10 i have no problem with. Those were great games no doubt. But Den/GB should be on that list. Especially over games like the Jets/Colts or Steelers/Rams because even the Denver game wasnt decided until the very end. I have a feeling though had Favre ended up tying that game and beating us it would of made the list. I dont know what it is when it comes to Denver that the media seems to ignore all the time. Pretty sad state of affairs.

CNN/SI didn't completely ignore us. They acknowledged that we participated in 3 of the 10 worst SBs of all time, including the top 2 spots.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1002/nfl.worst.super.bowls.ever/content.1.html

I know, I know. I'm just trying to make light of a very annoying fact that are team has never gotten its just due for all that its accomplished in its 50 year history. The important thing is that we Broncos fans know and appreciate our team!

MileHighCrew
02-05-2010, 10:57 AM
I would say Broncos over Packers #1and Broncos over Falcons #2 but I'm a little bias

broncofaninfla
02-05-2010, 11:38 AM
Broncos over the Packers should absolutley be in the top 5, if not the top 3. The fact it isn't even mentioned at all gives this article no merit what so ever.