PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall open to playing for Broncos next season

Denver Native (Carol)
02-04-2010, 01:59 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_14333528

FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA. — Call Brandon Marshall a talented receiver.

Call the Broncos' star receiver a magnet for drama and controversy.

And now call him contrite.

"Learning from last year and last offseason, I approached things unprofessional," Marshall said today at the Super Bowl XLIV media center. "This offseason I'm just going to go with the flow and just go in whatever direction the Broncos want to go."

After not granting interviews during the Pro Bowl events last week, Marshall broke his silence today so he could promote the NFL 2009 Season in Review DVD that comes out June 1. Marshall's record-setting, 21-catch game against the Indianapolis Colts, who are here preparing to play the New Orleans Saints in Super Bowl XLIV, is featured prominently on the DVD.

Marshall was an unhappy Bronco last year when he protested his contract situation by holding out from a mandatory minicamp in June and acting up during a preseason practice in August. He put his issues behind him to make 101 catches through 15 games, but he found more trouble in the season's final week.

When he tweaked his hamstring in a Wednesday practice, and showed up 20 minutes late for treatment on Friday morning, Marshall was deactivated from the final game against Kansas City.

Is Marshall now having second thoughts about wanting leaving the Broncos?

"I don't know if I would call it, second thoughts," Marshall said. "Last year I handled things totally wrong. I just looked at the business side of things and took things too personally. This year I'm going to remove myself from the situation and let the Broncos decide the direction we're going to go in as an organization."

RedFalcon
02-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Has Marshall gotten smarter? Hope so... Would love to see him as a Bronco for the next 5 years or more... My hope is now the Broncos will choose wisely and sign Brandon!

rationalfan
02-04-2010, 02:16 PM
this feels like deja vu.

Lonestar
02-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Same old BM BS screw the pooch, make nice nice, screw the pooch, make nice nice.

Rinse repeat. Again and again

Let's see if he wants to sign a decent contract that has a modest salary/guarantee with lots of incentives. The type that make him toe the line yet are easy to attain if he keeps his nose clean. Thus making all the money he thinks he should.

If he is worried about a career ending injury include an insurance policy to cover that.

Let's see just how bad he wants to play in DEN.

If he does not then do not let the door hit him in the back on his way out of the locker room.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel

claymore
02-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Im all for him saying anything it takes so we can get a first and a third or more.

NightTrainLayne
02-04-2010, 02:19 PM
He's going to go whatever direction the Broncos want to go?

This is bologna. He's just trying to put the onus on the Broncos instead of taking responsibility himself. It plays better for the press.

claymore
02-04-2010, 02:21 PM

This is bologna. He's just trying to put the onus on the Broncos instead of taking responsibility himself. It plays better for the press.

Hopefully McDaniels follows suit, continues to talk him up while helping him pack his bags.

Nomad
02-04-2010, 02:23 PM

Ah, now you've ruined it! I was about to put the halo on Marshall's head!:naive:

Lonestar
02-04-2010, 02:28 PM
Maybe we can get an exemption from the league for an extra roster spot and salary cap, for when he gets benched or suspsended after he gets arrested again or dogs it in practice. :laugh:

Lonestar
02-04-2010, 02:33 PM
He should buy 33 copies of the DVD he is hyping and he should seek out 31 GM's while wearing a sign "will work for food" and giving it to them. Hoping they will look at Orton feeding the ball so he could get his record.

underrated29
02-04-2010, 02:40 PM
wow you guys are harsh.

I do not even want to know what you would think if he said the wrong things.

Lonestar
02-04-2010, 02:45 PM
wow you guys are harsh.

I do not even want to know what you would think if he said the wrong things.

We say these things because ACTIONS speak louder than words.

A picture (videos from TC) is worth a thousand words.

Should we be holding his hand and telling him all is OK now that you are flinging Bovine Excrement to the press.

"Sorry charlie but sunquist only want premium tuna."

underrated29
02-04-2010, 02:52 PM

Should we be holding his hand and telling him all is OK now that you are flinging Bovine Excrement to the press.

So is his 21 catch game against the colts, or his game winning run against dallas, or his game tying or lead catch and hug against the patriots. All After the TC implosion.

I am not saying he is an angel now or anything, but the guy clearly said everything right today. weather its BS or not, yet he still get Mauled by the vicious mob. I would hate to see what you guys are like when he has another TC incident.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
02-04-2010, 02:53 PM
I'm still holding on to hope of him coming back.

Lonestar
02-04-2010, 03:06 PM
I'm still holding on to hope of him coming back.

He will be back at least once over the next 8 years IF he manages to stay out of trouble and in the league that long.:salute:

FanInAZ
02-04-2010, 03:17 PM
At least he's saying all of the right things. Whether or not he's actually thing all the right things is impossible for any one to really say at this point. It's possible that he was in a good mood during the interview and genuinely believed everything he said at that time.

Lonestar
02-04-2010, 03:22 PM
At least he's saying all of the right things. Whether or not he's actually thing all the right things is impossible for any one to really say at this point. It's possible that he was in a good mood during the interview and genuinely believed everything he said at that time.

I'm sure he is being contrite because he knows that an extra 4-8 million rides on him keeping his nose clean for the next 35 days or so.

powderaddict
02-04-2010, 03:31 PM
I am not saying he is an angel now or anything, but the guy clearly said everything right today. weather its BS or not, yet he still get Mauled by the vicious mob. I would hate to see what you guys are like when he has another TC incident.

His problem has never been what he says after he gets in trouble, it's the frequency of what he says after he gets in trouble.

broncofaninfla
02-04-2010, 03:39 PM
As far as I am concerned Marshall did no wrong after the training camp incident in which he was suspended. He is a valuable asset to the team and I feel we are a better team with him than without him. No doubt he is high risk so enter a incentive laced contract with penality clauses oozing out of it.

JDL
02-04-2010, 03:51 PM
Brandon Marshall to be on the radio here locally in AZ

<Late to call in... waiting.....>

<Still waiting......>

Been about 30min, sounds like they've given up on him calling in.... ugh... switching topics and sound a bit annoyed. Would have been interesting to see if he gave up any interesting tidbits when not on a national broadcast, but sounds like he bailed on the call. (who knows why)

GEM
02-04-2010, 03:52 PM
I could give 2 rat's behinds if he stays, shuts up and plays

OR

Takes a hike leaving us with some great draft picks.

So over the effing prima.

JONtheBRONCO
02-04-2010, 03:53 PM
Oh, so now... wait... I'm not falling for this manipulation again...

GEM
As far as I am concerned Marshall did no wrong after the training camp incident in which he was suspended. He is a valuable asset to the team and I feel we are a better team with him than without him. No doubt he is high risk so enter a incentive laced contract with penality clauses oozing out of it.

That would be nice, but he isn't going to sign a contract that isn't guaranteed funds with no stips. He'll walk before he's to be held responsible for his actions.

powderaddict

Any upfront signing bonus is guarunteed regardless of any "clause".

Plus, what have you seen that would indicate that Brandon would even accept such incentive or behavior clauses?

Lonestar
02-04-2010, 03:56 PM

While I agree with your position on the contract, I have to take you to task a bit about doing no wrong after the training camp thingy.

What of those times he was grossing about not getting playing time in the first few games.

and how about the it's to cold for me to breath and last but not least stating in public he did not think he could play in the most important game of the season because he tweaked his hammy. IIRC that was on wednesday during practice.

Oh I forgot about being late to his PT session for the hammy.

Now not a capitol offense, it shows a continuing I'm great and can do it my way attitude and not a TEAM way of doing things.

I also believe in my heart that once he reached his 100 catches for the year he was ready to quit on the team.

Lonestar
02-04-2010, 03:59 PM
That would be nice, but he isn't going to sign a contract that isn't guaranteed funds with no stips. He'll walk before he's to be held responsible for his actions.

Any upfront signing bonus is guarunteed regardless of any "clause".

Plus, what have you seen that would indicate that Brandon would even accept such incentive or behavior clauses?

You are both correct.

most likely he would not and IF not we get a first and third when he leaves as a RFA.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-04-2010, 04:08 PM
Denver Bronco WR Brandon Marshall talks with Brandon Krizstal from radio row at Super Bowl 44

http://www.fm1043thefan.com/channels/audioOnDemand/Story.aspx?ID=1192736

Lonestar
02-04-2010, 04:14 PM
Denver Bronco WR Brandon Marshall talks with Brandon Krizstal from radio row at Super Bowl 44

Well that was not overly positive. IMO

FanInAZ
02-04-2010, 04:25 PM

He just saying everything he's supposed to say. It would have been nice if he would have talked like this last off-season, but better late then never.

e-Lou-sive1
02-04-2010, 04:48 PM
The other guys on the team don't think he will be in Denver next year and they pretty much control the course that follows.He has upset his teammates and they probably don't know what to expect from him If he is here next year.

He does need to demonstrate humilty and forgiveness in order to make ammends but he is showing signs that it might be too late to change what has already been set in motion.

The thing is he knows he will end up somewhere the only problem is he is not acting like he is looking forward to it as most marque players have a tendency to do.

Dirk
02-04-2010, 04:49 PM
If we can get a 1st and 3rd....seeya buh bye!

If not...sign him and get it overwith.

arapaho2
02-04-2010, 05:31 PM

and praytell what does joshes actions of lying to us..the media about the cutler issue speak of?

what does his throwing players under the bus speak of?

what does making our offense worse say?

Lonestar
02-04-2010, 06:24 PM
and praytell what does joshes actions of lying to us..the media about the cutler issue speak of?

what does his throwing players under the bus speak of?

what does making our offense worse say?

OK we that means anyone not on the phone at the time knows if he lied to anyone.

I suspect your referring to the comment about no RB could make yards behind an OLINE that can't open holes if that is the case. Sometimes players do not get it until they are thrown under the bus.

The players did not perform, he did not himself make the offense worse.

I know your hate for Josh is way to much for you to understand a coach can only motivate and game plan he does not step on the field and make the plays.

You might have a semi valid point, if after the draft and FA we do not get players that are willing to DO THEIR JOB.

What you and a few others are unwilling to understand is the lack of talent to play real football. mike did us any favors with going for the gusto with finese players after all the SB players retired or moved to other teams. all he did was win ONE playoff game in the ten years since they left. yes he won a lot of games and had a good record but NO games that counted his finnese teams faded when the going got tough.

Now we have a guy that understands that football is not a girly sport. It just make take him awhile to get real football players in place.

I find it hilarious ha Y'all were willing to give mike yea after year with the same old excuse in his year end presser saying we are only a player or two from getting to the super ball.

The new guy comes in and you are willing to throw him under the bus because he shit cans your favorite player because he had an arm and potential. Well so did Jeff George.

What say YOU

BroncoAV06
02-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Same old BM BS screw the pooch, make nice nice, screw the pooch, make nice nice.

Rinse repeat. Again and again

Let's see if he wants to sign a decent contract that has a modest salary/guarantee with lots of incentives. The type that make him toe the line yet are easy to attain if he keeps his nose clean. Thus making all the money he thinks he should.

If he is worried about a career ending injury include an insurance policy to cover that.

Let's see just how bad he wants to play in DEN.

If he does not then do not let the door hit him in the back on his way out of the locker room.

Well if an uncapped year happens contracts can not include incentives. So I wonder how that would affect this years contracts?

As for Brandon, yes the things in the media have sucked but has he ever hurt this team? Not tried during a game ala Randy Moss? The suspension was a killer. But has his attitude really hurt the team? Has he not performed? I really hope he can suck it up and McD can realize not everyone is going to kiss his ass in this world and just play football.

arapaho2
02-04-2010, 06:39 PM
OK we that means anyone not on the phone at the time knows if he lied to anyone.

I suspect your referring to the comment about no RB could make yards behind an OLINE that can't open holes if that is the case. Sometimes players do not get it until they are thrown under the bus.

The players did not perform, he did not himself make the offense worse.

I know your hate for Josh is way to much for you to understand a coach can only motivate and game plan he does not step on the field and make the plays.

You might have a semi valid point, if after the draft and FA we do not get players that are willing to DO THEIR JOB.

What you and a few others are unwilling to understand is the lack of talent to play real football. mike did us any favors with going for the gusto with finese players after all the SB players retired or moved to other teams. all he did was win ONE playoff game in the ten years since they left. yes he won a lot of games and had a good record but NO games that counted his finnese teams faded when the going got tough.

Now we have a guy that understands that football is not a girly sport. It just make take him awhile to get real football players in place.

I find it hilarious ha Y'all were willing to give mike yea after year with the same old excuse in his year end presser saying we are only a player or two from getting to the super ball.

The new guy comes in and you are willing to throw him under the bus because he shit cans your favorite player because he had an arm and potential. Well so did Jeff George.

What say YOU

bull we know he lied...we all know it...he said in a interview all he did was take a phone call...lie...it was later confirmed that he was himself pursueinhg cassel when he admitted it and he was "late to the dance"

if that were marshall..you'd be all up in his business..but its a fact josh lied to us all over that matter...im not saying cutler cried, josh what have you..he's gone THATS OVER...but the fact remains josh OUTRIGHT LIED TO US

players play...but player play the way the coach wants...we wnt from aurgueably the best oline in the game to below average in one season....and you think its all just the players? and changing the entire offensive philosophy didnt hurt at all?

maybe in the long run going to a power game will be benificial..im not opposed to it...all im saying is dont act like im stupid enough to believe the decline was just their preformance and had nothing to do with joshes schemes or ortons legs

and where did i say anything that i was willing to give mike another year???? i was 100% in favor of a new approach, new coach..i believed his way and desire went stale..it was time to go a couple years ago

Lonestar
02-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Well if an uncapped year happens contracts can not include incentives. So I wonder how that would affect this years contracts?

As for Brandon, yes the things in the media have sucked but has he ever hurt this team? Not tried during a game ala Randy Moss? The suspension was a killer. But has his attitude really hurt the team? Has he not performed? I really hope he can suck it up and McD can realize not everyone is going to kiss his ass in this world and just play football.

Had not heard the uncapped thing. it make ZERO sense to me as it is the true deffiniton of uncapped. NO limit so to speak.

can you tell me that him not being ready to play opening day did not hurt the team?

by having him on the sidelines bitching about not getting into the game how could that have been a positive.

by having him not in the game for the final game did that hurt the team.

by having him announce tot eh opponent that he would not be playing in the final game on Wednesday perhaps make the defense of us easier?

While he may not have intentionally dropped a ball t a critical point in a game like moss did. he hurt the team with the undertow of drama of someone not on board with what is going on.

Frankly I thought he was a keeper, after his apparent kiss and make up with Josh, after the 21 catch game. but then he had to pull that stupid comment before the last game. and maybe even a time before that with his I can't practice in cold air response. being late to his PT on the friday before the big game.

did these things hurt the concentration of the team. I do not know but they certainly did nothing to bolster it either. something a teammate would be trying to do.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-04-2010, 06:52 PM
bull we know he lied...we all know it...he said in a interview all he did was take a phone call...lie...it was later confirmed that he was himself pursueinhg cassel when he admitted it and he was "late to the dance"

if that were marshall..you'd be all up in his business..but its a fact josh lied to us all over that matter...im not saying cutler cried, josh what have you..he's gone THATS OVER...but the fact remains josh OUTRIGHT LIED TO US

players play...but player play the way the coach wants...we wnt from aurgueably the best oline in the game to below average in one season....and you think its all just the players? and changing the entire offensive philosophy didnt hurt at all?

maybe in the long run going to a power game will be benificial..im not opposed to it...all im saying is dont act like im stupid enough to believe the decline was just their preformance and had nothing to do with joshes schemes or ortons legs

and where did i say anything that i was willing to give mike another year???? i was 100% in favor of a new approach, new coach..i believed his way and desire went stale..it was time to go a couple years ago

Late to the dance, I believe was stated AFTER Cutler said he wanted to be traded, AFTER Cutler did NOT return Bowlen's phone calls, and Cassel was signed by KC = late to the dance - Cassel had already been traded.

JDL
02-04-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm not a particularly big fan of McD, but really the guy who lied the most was Bowlen.

He swore in a press conference that Goodman would be back, absolutely.

Swore he didn't ever talk to Cutler, but then he let it slip that he did talk to him at the press conference and we had to endure the well, he may have but he's had trouble with his memory.

Either Bowlen is falling off the rocking chair or he may very well be part of the problem. He wanted to be more involved and up to speed and I totally get that, but the guy really doesn't seem like he should be involved in the football matters, it wasn't a very pretty sight, it has always been much better when he let football people run the football team, something to his credit he has often done in his ownership period.

But, this is the same guy who cooked the books to be able to get the loans to finance the Stadium and the reason for the salary cap violations (those cap violations other fans LOVE to rant and rave about, Tagliabue stated flat out would not have put Denver over the cap, they were actually deferring money and payments and such because they were trying to make the books look right to get final approval. This is why the league turned a blind eye (at the time they were HEAVILY involved in helping to get ALL teams new stadiums, as I am sure most remember) - Ever wonder why nobody else in the AFC West had a problem with what was known by all, but Oakland did... what issues were going on when Oakland/Al Davis threw their hissy fit? Oh yes, they were suing the NFL over Los Angeles because Davis also wanted his bright shiny new stadium (and felt the NFL owed him a stadium there and that he owned the territory still) and he wanted to go back to LA and claim it.

Point being... I wouldn't necessarily assume that part of the problem going on here isn't something stretching all the way to the ownership level. Obviously Pat deserves quite a bit of leeway considering his track record, but there are certainly some troubling signs that have popped up more and more frequently. Just hope we the fans don't get screwed over by something coming down the pike, like Raiders fans. :(

Lonestar
02-04-2010, 07:10 PM
Late to the dance, I believe was stated AFTER Cutler said he wanted to be traded, AFTER Cutler did NOT return Bowlen's phone calls, and Cassel was signed by KC = late to the dance - Cassel had already been traded.

:salute:
thanks for catching that one i had missed it.

Some of our members have selective memory or like to embellish, what the actual facts are.

Lonestar
02-04-2010, 07:16 PM
I'm not a particularly big fan of McD, but really the guy who lied the most was Bowlen.

He swore in a press conference that Goodman would be back, absolutely.

Swore he didn't ever talk to Cutler, but then he let it slip that he did talk to him at the press conference and we had to endure the well, he may have but he's had trouble with his memory.

Either Bowlen is falling off the rocking chair or he may very well be part of the problem. He wanted to be more involved and up to speed and I totally get that, but the guy really doesn't seem like he should be involved in the football matters, it wasn't a very pretty sight, it has always been much better when he let football people run the football team, something to his credit he has often done in his ownership period.

But, this is the same guy who cooked the books to be able to get the loans to finance the Stadium and the reason for the salary cap violations (those cap violations other fans LOVE to rant and rave about, Tagliabue stated flat out would not have put Denver over the cap, they were actually deferring money and payments and such because they were trying to make the books look right to get final approval. This is why the league turned a blind eye (at the time they were HEAVILY involved in helping to get ALL teams new stadiums, as I am sure most remember) - Ever wonder why nobody else in the AFC West had a problem with what was known by all, but Oakland did... what issues were going on when Oakland/Al Davis threw their hissy fit? Oh yes, they were suing the NFL over Los Angeles because Davis also wanted his bright shiny new stadium (and felt the NFL owed him a stadium there and that he owned the territory still) and he wanted to go back to LA and claim it.

Point being... I wouldn't necessarily assume that part of the problem going on here isn't something stretching all the way to the ownership level. Obviously Pat deserves quite a bit of leeway considering his track record, but there are certainly some troubling signs that have popped up more and more frequently. Just hope we the fans don't get screwed over by something coming down the pike, like Raiders fans. :(

Pat personally cooked the books come on I think we all know that while he was the owner mike was in complete control during that time frame as the VP of football operations if anyone cooked the books it was done at his direction not Pats.

As for goodmans they were still with the team when josh took over. Why they left is not totally clear, but it sounds like a shared GMship did not work out they way it was envisioned

IIRC both dennison and Bobby were kept also to ease the transition.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-04-2010, 07:24 PM
But, this is the same guy who cooked the books to be able to get the loans to finance the Stadium:(

The above statement confuses me:

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:Mcsj7p5OaNkJ:www.abc-baseball.com/_resources/browse/file/denver-sporting-venues-and-transit-revised-3-22-09.ppt+voters+approve+invesco+field&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

1996 - Legislature passed Stadium Act, creating Metropolitan Football Stadium District (MFDS), allowing residents in six-county region to vote on a tax increase to finance a new stadium

Also:

http://denver.bizjournals.com/denver/stories/2002/03/04/focus10.html

Invesco Funds Group Inc. and the Metropolitan Football Stadium District that built the new, $400 million Invesco Field at Mile High football stadium found themselves in the eye of a hurricane over that name last year. But the district still thinks it did the right thing selling the name, and Invesco still thinks it got its money's worth.

The Denver-based mutual fund company officially agreed to buy the naming rights to the Denver Broncos' new home for $120 million at the end of January 2001. Half that money goes to the district for exterior naming rights over 20 years and the other half to the stadium's principal tenant, the Denver Broncos, for advertising inside the building.

Invesco's future payments to the district, to be made each August, range from $2.08 million this year to $4.66 million in 2020. The company wrote its first check for $1.9 million last summer.

Broncolingus
02-05-2010, 01:15 AM
Brandon Marshall open to playing for Broncos next season

http://www.bsflag.com/images/bullshit_flag.jpg

I'm throwing it...

broncofaninfla
02-05-2010, 09:34 AM

Let him walk then. The signing bonus will be guaranteed, no way around that, but precedence shows they can build in incentives that act as penalties and players with " history of issues" have signed and responded to contracts layered this way. The misdiagnosed injuries by the team doctors and Mcd's poor handling of and Denver hasn't exactly been perfect in this situation either. We are a better team with him than without him. Our offense was bad in 2009, can you imagine how bad it would have been without Marshall? The dink and dunk sucks enough without taking away the one WR we have on our team capable of making a play after the catch. We currently don't have a WR capable of taking his place with his skill set and history shows we can't rely on a draft pick to step in. Given our offensive scheme and play calling, the Broncos need Marshall more than Marshall needs the Broncos. There will be multiple teams lining up for Marshalls services and odds are he will be gone and Denver will get picks. Denver will be picking in the top 5 in 2011 if the picks perform like Moreno and Ayers did. I hope the Broncos brass puts in the effort to keep Marshall but I doubt it happens.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-05-2010, 10:40 AM
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-super-bowl/09000d5d81632850/Brandon-Marshall-on-set

arapaho2
02-05-2010, 11:31 AM

wrong it he was talking about his failed bid for cassel in that interview....cutler didnt want to be traded until after his face to face meeting with mcd

THIS IS CUTLER INTERVIEW MARCH 16TH AFTER when he annouced he wanted to be traded..THe face to face:

"I went in there with every intention of solving the issue, being a Bronco, moving forward as a Bronco," Cutler said. "We weren't in there but about 20 minutes, [McDaniels] did most of the talking and as far as I'm concerned, he made it clear he wants his own guy. He admitted he wanted Matt Cassel (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8644) because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn't sorry about it. He made it clear that he could still entertain trading me because, as he put it, he'll do whatever he feels is in the best interest of the organization.
"At the end of the meeting, he wasn't like, 'Jay, I want you as our quarterback, you're our guy.' It felt like the opposite. He basically said that I needed to tell him if we can't work this out, to let him know," Cutler added. "I thought he was antagonizing me and that was disappointing because I was ready to move on, committed as a Bronco. Really, I figured we'd hash things out, shake hands, laugh a little and move forward. What happened [Saturday] was the last thing I expected. If I didn't think it could be fixed, I never would have come back to Denver. It was painfully obvious to me and Bus [Cook, his agent] it's not something they want to fix."

mcd stated in a interview after cutler was traded that he did pursue cassle but was late for the dance...in fact it all came out later as you should recall if you dont have selective memory...as josh was critisized heavily in the press for it....but the facts remain

mcd was hired
in his first interview he stated one of the reasons he chose denver was to work with cutler

then proceeds to trade him for a career backup....so your time line is way off

Lonestar
02-05-2010, 12:13 PM
In your dreams jay wanted out the minute that mike got fired. Do not kid yourself, why did Pat make the the big announcement to all about Jay being the man. He knew that he was going freak out.

There were also rumors he demanded a trade. Now that is not golden, but good enough for most logical folks to believe.

Also when bates got out of town as fast as he could he wanted out LONG before your claim of it was the set down with Josh.

Now I know none of us will be able to change the fantasies your mind. But those are the hard cruel do das.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-05-2010, 12:32 PM
wrong it he was talking about his failed bid for cassel in that interview....cutler didnt want to be traded until after his face to face meeting with mcd

THIS IS CUTLER INTERVIEW MARCH 16TH AFTER when he annouced he wanted to be traded..THe face to face:

"I went in there with every intention of solving the issue, being a Bronco, moving forward as a Bronco," Cutler said. "We weren't in there but about 20 minutes, [McDaniels] did most of the talking and as far as I'm concerned, he made it clear he wants his own guy. He admitted he wanted Matt Cassel (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=8644) because he said he has raised him up from the ground as a quarterback. He said he wasn't sorry about it. He made it clear that he could still entertain trading me because, as he put it, he'll do whatever he feels is in the best interest of the organization.
"At the end of the meeting, he wasn't like, 'Jay, I want you as our quarterback, you're our guy.' It felt like the opposite. He basically said that I needed to tell him if we can't work this out, to let him know," Cutler added. "I thought he was antagonizing me and that was disappointing because I was ready to move on, committed as a Bronco. Really, I figured we'd hash things out, shake hands, laugh a little and move forward. What happened [Saturday] was the last thing I expected. If I didn't think it could be fixed, I never would have come back to Denver. It was painfully obvious to me and Bus [Cook, his agent] it's not something they want to fix."

mcd stated in a interview after cutler was traded that he did pursue cassle but was late for the dance...in fact it all came out later as you should recall if you dont have selective memory...as josh was critisized heavily in the press for it....but the facts remain

mcd was hired
in his first interview he stated one of the reasons he chose denver was to work with cutler

then proceeds to trade him for a career backup....so your time line is way off

http://m.si.com/news/sp/archive/detail/1466971;jsessionid=708FFB8EA4D5910211D5C8BE94B3B25 2.cnnsilive9i

I reported recently that Cutler wanted to be traded after the Broncos lost both Mike Shanahan (fired) and offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates (went to USC as offensive coordinator), and that message was delivered to the Denver front office. Now I expect Cuand tler, through agent Bus Cook, to reiterate his demand ... and what's more, I expect the Broncos to seriously consider it. Owner Pat Bowlen said Sunday night, "we might lose'' Cutler, though he was not specific about how, or why, or when, and Cutler told Chris Mortensen of ESPN he has asked Cook to formally request a trade.

Lonestar
02-05-2010, 03:33 PM
http://m.si.com/news/sp/archive/detail/1466971;jsessionid=708FFB8EA4D5910211D5C8BE94B3B25 2.cnnsilive9i

I reported recently that Cutler wanted to be traded after the Broncos lost both Mike Shanahan (fired) and offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates (went to USC as offensive coordinator), and that message was delivered to the Denver front office. Now I expect Cuand tler, through agent Bus Cook, to reiterate his demand ... and what's more, I expect the Broncos to seriously consider it. Owner Pat Bowlen said Sunday night, "we might lose'' Cutler, though he was not specific about how, or why, or when, and Cutler told Chris Mortensen of ESPN he has asked Cook to formally request a trade.

Thanks for being more diligent than I was and finding proof so we can put this crap to bed. AGAIN for the 4,035 time.:salute:

rcsodak
02-08-2010, 01:16 AM

Methinks you booboo'd, jr..... *wink*

rcsodak
02-08-2010, 01:19 AM

His wk17 fiasco was "no wrong"?

And you do realize, that any contract he's given, HE has to agree to.

Who's to say he doesn't pull his same petulant crap from last summer and spend TC down south again?

sakic_avs
02-08-2010, 01:29 AM

LMAO!

I mean, lol.

I would google search an idiot motivational poster, but its really not worth my time.