PDA

View Full Version : Instead of CP's...

OB
09-07-2007, 10:45 PM
I visited a forum, briefly, and they had a reward system but it wasn't like Cp's - people would give credit points to someone for a good post (minus betting threads:rolleyes: ) and with those credit you could buy icons to have displayed under your user name - icons of all sports teams, smilie related icons, 420 related icons :D etc... if this is an idea we all agree on I could try and find the forum this was on...

anton...
09-07-2007, 11:02 PM
you crazy....

YOU CRAZY!!!
________
Club Royal Condominium (http://pattayaluxurycondos.com)

Jody
09-07-2007, 11:02 PM
I would enjoy the icon idea! Can't forsee any real problems with that type of system. It's a great idea OB and thanks for bringing it up on this board!

It's a way to acknowledge a post/thread one likes a lot!

SR
09-07-2007, 11:04 PM
Your options aren't that great...

anton...
09-07-2007, 11:18 PM
it wouldnt work for anton, because anton does not change his avy...

:spy:
________
Wellbutrin Classaction (http://www.classactionsettlements.org/lawsuit/wellbutrin/)

OB
09-07-2007, 11:35 PM
Your options aren't that great...
How many options do I need its a simple yes or no - you either like the idea or you dont - you have something to add be my guest - if you have nothing positive to add - i dont see your point in your post :wave:

OB
09-07-2007, 11:36 PM

thye go under the title under your user name

anton...
09-07-2007, 11:43 PM
i like this as an idea, but i dont change my tittle either...

simply because i am nice...

:tongue:

and i think red was just saying that your idea is limited...

he is a nice guy...

he means no harm...

or does he??

:ninja:

but back to this...

i think there is a desire from some members to get some kind of recognition for their posts, i for one dont feel the need of recognition for my posts...

as long as people enjoy reading my typing words than im a happy chappy...

:2cents:
________
Roll A Joint (http://howtorollajoint.net/)

fcspikeit
09-08-2007, 12:04 AM
Why do you not have the option to have CP's?

If you really want people's opinion then don't give the 2 options you want and have us Choose from them. LOL

This is like a political poll with an echenda. Then they turn around after and say, well that is what the majority wanted!

Awe,, (The illusion of) a choice

Jody
09-08-2007, 01:14 AM

If you really want people's opinion then don't give the 2 options you want and have us Choose from them. LOL

This is like a political poll with an echenda. Then they turn around after and say, well that is what the majority wanted!

Because that is another thread of it's own, pinned at the top.

fcspikeit
09-08-2007, 01:23 AM
Because that is another thread of it's own, pinned at the top.

Read what your poll says,

Yes lets do the icon thingy
Nah lets keep away from all point systems

If we chose that then we're saying we don't want a points system. That is not the same as saying, "We don't want the icon thingy"

With your poll we only have 2 choices. The icon thingy that you want or nothing.

SR
09-08-2007, 01:24 AM
How many options do I need its a simple yes or no - you either like the idea or you dont - you have something to add be my guest - if you have nothing positive to add - i dont see your point in your post :wave:

Your options aren't "yes or no"...so what if someone who doesn't want your system, but wants a CP system wants to take part in your proposal? Hmmm...

fcspikeit
09-08-2007, 01:29 AM
Your options aren't "yes or no"...so what if someone who doesn't want your system, but wants a CP system wants to take part in your proposal? Hmmm...

Someone like me :salute: :D

Uncle Buck
09-08-2007, 02:06 AM

Anton, you are a man of conviction!

(What else would we expect of the product of a "convict nation?" :laugh:

Seriously, I love you, man... but this is "manlove" only, nothing personal. Nothing sexual <eck>

I think I'm gonna adopt you.

your uncle buck

anton...
09-08-2007, 02:14 AM
man love...

better than no love...

:kiss:

:huh:
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA (http://medicalmarijuanacard.info)

sneakers
09-08-2007, 02:47 AM

Or speak in the first person :D

Reidman
09-08-2007, 02:51 AM
I want the option of having a six pack of my favorite IPA delivered to my front door...:cool::beer:

anton...
09-08-2007, 04:48 AM
:dito:

:beer:
________
Vaporizer review (http://vaporizers.tv/)

Jody
09-09-2007, 04:38 PM
I want the option of having a six pack of my favorite IPA delivered to my front door...:cool::beer:

:D Got to love him OB. :beer:

Requiem / The Dagda
09-09-2007, 05:31 PM
No, anything even resembling the CP system would be a mistake.

There's no need to stroke internet egos. If you're a good poster, you're a good poster.

You're here for the community and the Broncos, not for internet glory.

Chica_Ang
09-09-2007, 06:15 PM
sounds fun to me! :listen: (i like thingys)

OB
09-09-2007, 11:59 PM

damn you guys are so nit picky - its a question for the ICON system only - if you want to talk about CPs theres another thread for that

JHC - I cant win for losing I get told to start another thread when I gave an opinion because i was told that opinion didnt belong in that thread - here i try to start a thread cause it has nothing to do with cps and you guys are complaining - this is the BS that RUINS boards -

It was a simple question until you two had to pick it apart like its a theory of evolution or something :rolleyes:

Retired_Member_001
09-10-2007, 06:38 AM

There's no need to stroke internet egos. If you're a good poster, you're a good poster.

I don't think anyone in the whole world could put it better. Let's just leave it the way it is.

You run the risk of killing this board if you put in a points/rating system.

OB
09-10-2007, 10:33 AM
How about instead of letting other people give them as a reward you just have access to more and more the longer you are here - nothing to to with posts, post counts, popularity or anything - just longeivity

dogfish
09-10-2007, 01:43 PM
:cheers:

i agree completely-- as far as i'm concerned, it's IPA delivered to my front door or nothing. . . .

:beer: :cheers:

dogfish
09-10-2007, 01:45 PM
How about instead of letting other people give them as a reward you just have access to more and more the longer you are here - nothing to to with posts, post counts, popularity or anything - just longeivity

how about we just enjoy posting and talking about the broncos?

BigBroncLove
09-10-2007, 01:55 PM
I personally wouldn't want any real CP like system personally. I like having everyone as equals, but I do like the idea of having special icons, but with a different twist. Have them for little contests, competitions, and other board sponsered activities. For instance, a special icon for winning the season pick-em contest. I can't list any other off the top of my head, but use them as an incentive to take part in the board, and to do so contructively. After all, giving incentive to take part in the boards is a good thing, and if you're promoting someone to do that with constructive content, all the better. Obviously there wouldn't be to many, kind of like an honor badge thing, but I think it might be a good addition to the board.

Obviously there would have to be a real discussion as to what type of contests, board sponsered activities, and competitions would warrent allowing the special icon without it becoming some sort of popularity contest.

KCL
09-10-2007, 02:25 PM

and the Chiefs.....:couch:

I hear you dog...just post and have fun...or at least try to...;)

Jody
09-10-2007, 02:30 PM

I hear you dog...just post and have fun...or at least try to...;)

I do have one complaint about dog's post though, KCL....

He forgot to mention the six pack. :D

KCL
09-10-2007, 02:37 PM

He forgot to mention the six pack.

which six pack?

this one...:dance:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/1/Posters/LP0372~Six-Pack-Posters.jpg

or this one?

do they still make this beer?:laugh:

http://www.falstaffbrewing.com/_borders/6pack.jpg

sanluis
09-10-2007, 02:46 PM
What is the big deal about cp? It is fun and done for the right reason most of the time. Don't let the 2% bad over ride the 98% good !

Just my two cents.:D

dogfish
09-10-2007, 03:10 PM

He forgot to mention the six pack.

ahh, see my previous post. . . .

I hear you dog...just post and have fun...or at least try to...

oh yea, talking about the chiefs is going to be all kinds of fun this week! :D

i don't blame you for hiding behind that couch after the way they played. . . .

KCL
09-10-2007, 03:14 PM
ahh, see my previous post. . . .

oh yea, talking about the chiefs is going to be all kinds of fun this week! :D

i don't blame you for hiding behind that couch after the way they played. . . .

heck yes...I couldnt find the smilie of the ostrich...lol
thats okay...you know I can handle it...look at my post in the
rate your team thread....:rant:

OB
09-10-2007, 03:48 PM
which six pack?

this one...:dance:

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/1/Posters/LP0372~Six-Pack-Posters.jpg

or this one?

Hell I can keep myself entertained with this six pack and screw CP's and Icons :laugh:

Retired_Member_001
09-10-2007, 03:56 PM

Again I completely agree just as I did with Dream's post.

I just want to come here and talk about the Broncos (and football in general) and not have a whole fuss about a rating system even a longeivity system.

No offense to OB but I just don't like it.

OB
09-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Again I completely agree just as I did with Dream's post.

I just want to come here and talk about the Broncos (and football in general) and not have a whole fuss about a rating system even a longeivity system.

No offense to OB but I just don't like it.

No offense takin - others could learn - could care less whether we agree or you like my idea - no need for certain people do pick at the way I worded the poll - no need to get personal on me when im just simply asking your opinion

:salute: