PDA

View Full Version : Who's got an update on Mcree

twelfth woman
03-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Anyone have news about Marlon Mcree?

Let's change the subject and stop talking about the pre-madonna Walker. He's old news! Who cares that he is in Oakland. That won't affect us 1 bit. He is a 1 time pro-bowler. He ain't no Ocho Cinco!

BeefStew25
03-05-2008, 07:06 PM
I think McCree is a good player. Has a nose for the ball. Intense individual.

xzn
03-05-2008, 08:48 PM
I think we should sign the chick in Beef's avatar to play strong safety!

nevcraw
03-05-2008, 09:22 PM
ESPN: Rumor Mill
McCree nearing decision
Marlon McCree | Chargers | Interested: Bengals? Panthers? Broncos? Bills?
McCree has narrowed down his free-agent search to the Bills and Broncos, according to the Bills' Web site.
"I think between [Buffalo] and Denver I think I should be able to make a decision by Thursday or Friday," said the veteran safety.

McCree, who said he has been offered a contract by Cincinnati, has also mentioned Carolina as a remote possibility.

nevcraw
03-05-2008, 09:26 PM
2007 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
Grade: 69 | Key
Alert: None

Comment: McCree is a veteran safety who was a stabilizing force in San Diego's secondary in his first season as a Charger. He isn't real tall, but has a strong body and enough size to play in the box, although he will get swallowed up at times. He is very light on his feet though and is quick to change directions. He is effective in a variety of coverages, including man to man against backs and tight ends or over the top in deep patrol. He is a smart football player who can bait quarterbacks and has a fine understanding of what an offense is trying to accomplish. McCree has good hands and ball skills. He is often around the ball and is a reliable tackler with some striking power. He is a very solid football player who does everything well, but also doesn't blow you away with any area of his game. That being said, he also doesn't have glaring weaknesses. He is a valuable starter who handles all the secondary adjustments and does a fine job.

shank
03-05-2008, 09:32 PM
i hope he comes here. come on marlon... buffalo? seriously? you know what the right choice is.

(he's a good player, and we won't have to worry about abdullah regressing or a rookie starting if someone gets hurt. he's a good player, and not old yet. would give us time to develop a young guy or at least delay until we can get a stud in the draft or by other means).

sanluis
03-06-2008, 05:52 PM
2007 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
Grade: 69 | Key
Alert: None

Comment: McCree is a veteran safety who was a stabilizing force in San Diego's secondary in his first season as a Charger. He isn't real tall, but has a strong body and enough size to play in the box, although he will get swallowed up at times. He is very light on his feet though and is quick to change directions. He is effective in a variety of coverages, including man to man against backs and tight ends or over the top in deep patrol. He is a smart football player who can bait quarterbacks and has a fine understanding of what an offense is trying to accomplish. McCree has good hands and ball skills. He is often around the ball and is a reliable tackler with some striking power. He is a very solid football player who does everything well, but also doesn't blow you away with any area of his game. That being said, he also doesn't have glaring weaknesses. He is a valuable starter who handles all the secondary adjustments and does a fine job.

McCree is good player. He hits hard and is an even better leader. That is really his biggest asset. His leadership skills are off the chart. His knee is a question and he missed a few games for us but did play hurt when he could. Sometimes he goes for the big hit and gets in a little early getting tagged as a dirty player. He is not IMO but I have heard others call him a cheap shot artist.

I sure hope he goes to the BILLS!!!!!!!!:D:lol:

TimBuff10
03-06-2008, 06:00 PM
So how old is Mcree? Would be nice to get a guy that can give us at least 4-5 years or so.

sanluis
03-06-2008, 06:10 PM
So how old is Mcree? Would be nice to get a guy that can give us at least 4-5 years or so.

31 years old on the 17th of this month. He would be good to pick up now and then work the draft for a stud that will be with you long term. That is what we did.

I don't think he will be around 4-5 years, he is more a short term fix IMO.

And I don't think he will come too cheap.

underrated29
03-06-2008, 06:27 PM
whats up san havent seen ya in a while.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-06-2008, 07:10 PM
31 years old on the 17th of this month. He would be good to pick up now and then work the draft for a stud that will be with you long term. That is what we did.

I don't think he will be around 4-5 years, he is more a short term fix IMO.

And I don't think he will come too cheap.

Thanx for the analysis. What's the reasoning behind him leaving SD?

BOSSHOGG30
03-06-2008, 07:11 PM
Eric Weddle... they have to get him on the field more. McCree is expendable, like most vets are when a young and up coming player comes a long.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-06-2008, 07:14 PM
They were bashing Weddle on NFL Network last week. I know he got some PT, but is he really gonna be the answer?

BOSSHOGG30
03-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Clinton Hart and Eric Weddle aren't bad players, but I think the pressure that the D-line and the linebacker core that the Chargers have help them look a lot better than they truely are. Hart will be the next guy replaced within a year or two. I think he is like 30 or 31 already.

shank
03-06-2008, 07:18 PM
i really wanted weddle last year.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-06-2008, 07:19 PM
I didn't

shank
03-08-2008, 03:34 PM
why hasn't mccree made a decision yet?!

underrated29
03-08-2008, 03:56 PM
i dont know, supposedly the rumor is that he will sign today, but so far all the rumors involving us have turned out to be nill. cept for boss bailey, but i think we all knew he was going to sign here even before the season was over.

lex
03-08-2008, 04:32 PM
why hasn't mccree made a decision yet?!

When is Manuel visiting Denver? I wonder if he thinks he can get Denver in a bidding war with Buffalo when they know they have Manuel coming in. But moreover, I really hope Denver doesnt get in a bidding war.

shank
03-08-2008, 04:56 PM
When is Manuel visiting Denver? I wonder if he thinks he can get Denver in a bidding war with Buffalo when they know they have Manuel coming in. But moreover, I really hope Denver doesnt get in a bidding war.

yeah, we need to avoid that at all costs (ha, that was punny). I'd like to get mccree in here, as it means we can hold off on S until next year when there are a lot more studs. I have no idea about when manuel is visiting... i just know that mccree originally said he'd have a decision by thursday or friday!

Hoshdude7
03-08-2008, 04:59 PM
So when can we expect a final decision?

shank
03-08-2008, 05:04 PM
So when can we expect a final decision?

hopefully soon. he said on like wednesday that he'd decide by thursday or friday, so a choice and announcement is already overdue, and therefore should be coming soon.

turftoad
03-08-2008, 05:46 PM
Broncos | Team trying to work out a contract with McCree
Sat, 8 Mar 2008 11:16:21 -0800

Lee Rasizer, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos are trying to work out a contract with free-agent S Marlon McCree (Chargers). There was some talk in NFL circles Friday, March 7, that the Broncos were out of the running for McCree's services.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-08-2008, 05:49 PM
I would still rather draft a Safety, but have no issue w/ this getting done.

shank
03-08-2008, 05:50 PM

Lee Rasizer, of the Rocky Mountain News, reports the Denver Broncos are trying to work out a contract with free-agent S Marlon McCree (Chargers). There was some talk in NFL circles Friday, March 7, that the Broncos were out of the running for McCree's services.

how did we go from being one of the final 2 teams to not being in the running? It sounded like the deals were on the table on wednesday and mccree just had to pick one. This makes it sound like there is an active bidding war going on...

shank
03-08-2008, 05:52 PM
I would still rather draft a Safety, but have no issue w/ this getting done.

i wouldn't. i normally don't like stop-gaps, but this years class is weak, meaning we have to use a high pick to get a decent starter. next years class is much better at safety, so we can use mccree to get through this season, along with a developmental late round S, and we can use a pick next year to get a stud to take over for lynch and be the future of the position for the broncos. next year we can use a mid rounder to get a decent starter, or use an early pick and get an honest-to-jebus stud at safety.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-08-2008, 06:01 PM
I still like Phillips. I don't buy into the stories that he may not even go in the 1st round. These guys set these rankings so far in advance that they need to justift charging people for inside info...SOOOO...they constantly change their rankings, etc.

lex
03-08-2008, 06:02 PM

It sounds like we're overpaying.