PDA

View Full Version : Fire Martindale!!!!!

sneakers
02-02-2010, 02:04 AM
It was only a matter of time before this thread was created....

Magnificent Seven
02-02-2010, 02:54 AM
I could predict the future...

Bengals fire Coach Lewis.

Broncos fire Martindale.

Broncos hire Marvin Lewis for Broncos' Defensive Coordinator.

:D

56crash
02-02-2010, 11:17 AM
is this not smack ?

Shazam!
02-02-2010, 11:44 AM
Riveting.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
02-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Riveting.

I wish I could high five this post a million times! :lol::elefant:

Lonestar
02-02-2010, 08:35 PM
Figures that someone would get this started. :salute:

It was a matter of time.

Regardless of what Josh and Xman does it will not be good enough for a few members.:tsp:

Might as well have a thread to talk about it in.

spikerman
02-02-2010, 09:36 PM
Figures that someone would get this started. :salute:

It was a matter of time.

Regardless of what Josh and Xman does it will not be good enough for a few members.:tsp:

Might as well have a thread to talk about it in.

C'mon Jr, you know you're one of my favorite posters here and I agree with you 90% of the time, but you must see the irony in this.

Lonestar
02-02-2010, 09:50 PM
C'mon Jr, you know you're one of my favorite posters here and I agree with you 90% of the time, but you must see the irony in this.

Did you not see the :salute:

I liked him starting this, before one of the debbie downers did.

Shows that you can have sense of humor about it

spikerman
02-02-2010, 10:02 PM
Did you not see the :salute:

I liked him starting this, before one of the debbie downers did.

Shows that you can have sense of humor about it

I might be missing it. It's been a long day. I was really referring to your second sentence.

Lonestar
02-02-2010, 10:20 PM
I might be missing it. It's been a long day. I was really referring to your second sentence.

It was a matter of time before Wink, did something to piss off one of the folks that hate Josh/Xman (debbie downers) for just existing.

So it was better to get it started and we can have fun with it before all the arguing starts.

Hope that makes sense.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2010, 10:33 PM
WELL - while we are at it - I say - "FIRE MILES THE MASCOT"

pnbronco
02-02-2010, 11:39 PM
WELL - while we are at it - I say - "FIRE MILES THE MASCOT"

:laugh:...

You know that last game we went, I don't think the grass was cut even.....that's IT!!!! FIRE THE GRASS CUTTER, oh the shame of it all....:shocked:

Poet
02-03-2010, 12:07 AM
I could predict the future...

Bengals fire Coach Lewis.

Broncos fire Martindale.

Broncos hire Marvin Lewis for Broncos' Defensive Coordinator.

:D

Go ahead and have him. Let me tell you how awesome he's been in Cincinnati without 7 Pro Bowl players on his defense. :salute:

sneakers
02-03-2010, 01:28 AM
I remember last year someone had created a "Fire Mike Nolan" thread less than a few hours after he was hired. I LOLed pretty good.

Superchop 7
02-03-2010, 10:00 PM
Martindale was born in Jackson, Tennessee and started his career as a disc jockey at age 17 at WPLI in Jackson, earning $25 a week. He was hired away by WTJS for double the salary by Jackson's only other station, WDXI. He next hosted mornings at WHBQ in Memphis while a college student at Memphis State College, graduating with a Bachelor of Science degree in 1957. While there Martindale became a member of the Kappa Sigma Fraternity. In 1959, he became morning man at KHJ in Los Angeles, California, moving a year later to the morning show at KRLA and finally to KFWB in 1962. He also had lengthy stays at KKGO/KJQI and Gene Autry's KMPC.

Martindale's first break into television was at WHBQ-TV in Memphis, as the host of Mars Patrol, a science-fiction themed children's television program. It was at his tenure with WHBQ that Martindale became the host of the TV show Teenage Dance Party where his friend Elvis Presley made an appearance. Following Presley's death in 1977, Martindale aired a nationwide tribute radio special in his honor. Martindale is also a longtime friend of Memphis TV personality Lance Russell and TV director turned artist, Chuck Staley.

Martindale has hosted numerous game shows, including What's This Song?, Gambit, Headline Chasers, High Rollers, The Last Word, Great Getaway Game, Trivial Pursuit, Shuffle, Boggle, Jumble, Debt, and most famously Tic-Tac-Dough. In addition, he was the creator of Bumper Stumpers. As of today, he is the second television personality to have hosted 15 game shows, behind fellow veteran game show host, Bill Cullen, who had hosted 23, and in front of fellow game show hosts Tom Kennedy, who hosted 13, and Bob Eubanks and Alex Trebek, who both had hosted 9.

His rendition of the spoken-word song, "The Deck Of Cards," went to number seven on the Billboard Hot 100 chart and sold over a million copies in 1959.[1] It also peaked at #5 in the UK Singles Chart in April 1963, one of four visits to that chart.[2] It was followed by "Black Man Farmer".

He divorced his first wife Madelyn in 1971, and married his second wife, Sandy Ferra, in 1975. He has four children (from his first marriage) and seven grandchildren.

He appeared in various TV commercials and, until 2007, had a daily three-hour show on the syndicated Music Of Your Life format, which is heard on around 200 radio stations.

Martindale made an appearance (in two separate roles) in the Quiet Riot video for The Wild and the Young in 1986. As of 2005, Martindale has capitalized on his camp appeal by doing television commercials promoting Internet travel agency Orbitz.

Martindale had a long-standing friendly feud with Chuck Woolery and Gene Rayburn. Upon the death of Rayburn, Martindale admitted that Rayburn and Woolery were responsible for his potty-humored nickname of 'Stink Fartindale', and would always fondly remember their times together.

On June 2, 2006, Martindale received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

In 2007, Martindale became a member of the nominating committee of the Hit Parade Hall of Fame. In 2008, Wink appeared on GSN Live, an interstitial program during the afternoon block of classic game show reruns. Several times during 2008, Martindale filled in for Fred Roggin on GSN Live while Roggin was on vacation.

Like fellow game show host Chuck Woolery, Martindale is also a born-again Christian.

Superchop 7
02-03-2010, 10:02 PM
Being in a "Quiet Riot" video should stop all the naysayers dead in their tracks.

Broncolingus
It was only a matter of time before this thread was created....

:laugh:

spikerman
That dude was money on Tic, Tac, Dough. :salute:

It never occured to me that he knew anything about running an NFL defense.

I also think Alex Trebek could coach the hell out of the defensive backs.

Superchop 7
02-04-2010, 07:55 PM
All the great D co-ords have a background as game show hosts.

Mike Nolan recently was the host of "Press Your Luck"