PDA

View Full Version : Conversation this morning with Coach McD & Vic/Gary

Denver Native (Carol)
02-01-2010, 12:25 PM
A LOT OF GREAT STUFF IN INTERVIEW

http://www.vicandgary.com/profiles/blogs/josh-mcdaniels-interview-2110

JOSH McDANIELS INTERVIEW 2/1/10

Broncos Head Coach Josh McDaniels joined Vic and Gary this morning to talk about the busy off-season. Coach talked about Brandon Marshall, his newest staff members. and the Super Bowl.

underrated29
02-01-2010, 01:02 PM
Do they have a text version???

Once again, at work, on conference calls and can not listen, but I am capable of reading while working.

T.K.O.
02-01-2010, 01:05 PM
spoke highly of marshall and agreed they are "past all that".
i take that as a very real possibility the 2 sides are working on a contract and may be getting close.
he did mention that the cba is affecting the teams ability to get deals done.

claymore
02-01-2010, 01:07 PM
i take that as a very real possibility the 2 sides are working on a contract and may be getting close.

Your optimisim knows no bounds!!! :D

Denver Native (Carol)
02-01-2010, 01:14 PM

I liked that, and as well, when he said that before he promoted "Wink" to DC coordinator, he talked with some of the players to get their opinions, as the Coach stated something like "he is not always in the locker room, etc."

arapaho2
02-01-2010, 01:27 PM
I liked that, and as well, when he said that before he promoted "Wink" to DC coordinator, he talked with some of the players to get their opinions, as the Coach stated something like "he is not always in the locker room, etc."

i like the fact he approached his team about it....maybe he learned from taking his totalitarian approach about his declining offense didnt help and he should took opinions there too

claymore
02-01-2010, 01:29 PM
i like the fact he approached his team about it....maybe he learned from taking his totalitarian approach about his declining offense didnt help and he should took opinions there too

Im sure he approached his yes men and got their opinion. WHich doesnt mean shit, because they liked the other DC's as well.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-01-2010, 01:33 PM

I can not remember where you have EVER heard a positive in regards to Coach McD, without turning it into one of your negative thoughts :tsk:

GEM
02-01-2010, 01:41 PM
Im sure he approached his yes men and got their opinion. WHich doesnt mean shit, because they liked the other DC's as well.

God sakes Clay....it doesn't matter what the guy does, your hate for him is so deep. He could say the sky is blue and you'd call him a liar and spit in the guy's face. :laugh:

T.K.O.
02-01-2010, 01:45 PM
I can not remember where you have EVER heard a positive in regards to Coach McD, without turning it into one of your negative thoughts :tsk:

clay had his back on this one though:lol:
i think mcD is doing all he can do to keep the peace in this offseason,nolan wanted out (even if it was all mcDs fault) and he handled it with dignity and class,he seems to be trying to mend fences with marshall,doom and orton have had nothing but positive comments (along with many other vets)
it looks like we will retain the nucleus of the team and build towards improving through fa and the draft....i like the fact that we are still gonna shake things up after another 8-8 season and expect better things next year !

Denver Native (Carol)
02-01-2010, 01:46 PM
God sakes Clay....it doesn't matter what the guy does, your hate for him is so deep. He could say the sky is blue and you'd call him a liar and spit in the guy's face. :laugh:

EXACTLY :amen:

T.K.O.
02-01-2010, 01:49 PM

well its gray here today so he would be lying !:mad:
liar ! his ego wont let him admit its cloudy and GRAY !

Carl
02-01-2010, 02:42 PM
This is the second interview that Ive heard McDaniels refer to "Controlling and moving the line of scrimage." With Defensive line and Offensive Guard being among our top priorities, Im starting to get excited.

He doesnt seem very good at conceiling his hand. There seems to be a lot of content in what he says which is a nice change of pace. From what I have heard and read it seems that O-line and D-Line are his biggest priorities but no matter what the denver broncos will draft the best player available.

Honestly I hope we trade Marshall. The compensation we would get is just too good to pass up for such a headache. Pick #10/11 in this draft just does not seem like a good place to be for a team looking to target the line of scrimage. If we can get another pick from 18-25 it sounds like a guarentee that we will draft Dan Williams or Iupati. Now that would be something that I could get really excited about!

claymore
02-01-2010, 02:47 PM

I wouldnt piss on him if he was on fire. :D

claymore
02-01-2010, 02:48 PM
EXACTLY :amen:

You are the polar opposite!!!!!!!

Denver Native (Carol)
02-01-2010, 03:03 PM
You are the polar opposite!!!!!!!

thank you

claymore
02-01-2010, 03:05 PM
thank you

Your welcome. I think!

underrated29
02-01-2010, 03:12 PM
I wouldnt piss on him if he was on fire. :D

However, if he was not on fire. I think you would gladly give him the golden shower.

claymore
02-01-2010, 03:14 PM
However, if he was not on fire. I think you would gladly give him the golden shower.

Oh he might get some tinkle! :D

arapaho2
02-01-2010, 05:17 PM

well i heard his brother made the bestest capichino in town...and it was the coach who taught him.....so its all good...yay josh!!

dawk was huge..loved that as well as most of the other signees

but the broncos is a team i love...and so far there isnt a thing i see to be pleased about concerning the mcd after that

our defense improved under his DC hireing...but then he parted ways after the season

our oline declined

our scores declined

our yards declined

our rush game declined

our passing game declined

our offensive talent is declineing

our long snapper got expensive for no reason

we fired a coach who went 8-8 after a 8-4 start

only to start 6-0 and lose 8 -10 games down the stretch with josh

when i see thing else to be positive about i will say it..until then i call it like i see it

Denver Native (Carol)
02-01-2010, 05:21 PM
And we ended up with the same record as the year before

arapaho2
02-01-2010, 05:31 PM
And we ended up with the same record as the year before

we ended up with the same record because of nolans defense...not becuase of joshes improved O

if the defnese played as bad as they did in the last couple games all season..the mcd era starts off at 4-12 at best

your gonna have to show me the improvments he is directly responsible for

T.K.O.
02-01-2010, 05:39 PM
well bringing in goodman,dawkins and other impact free agents helped nolan so you cant say nolan fixed all our problems and josh created all our problems....the d had a huge part of our early success and a large part of our late season collapse....the offense just kinda puttered along all year.
i did expect more out of the offense in the second 1/2 of the season,but we did lose bucky for a few games and orton had another ankle injury,so there was injury concerns but good teams have depth at key positions for that....we did not.could be mcD's fault or scouting staff and previos picks,likely all of the above.
this year we will see just how good the new regime is at evaluating talent ,not just in starting talent but depth.

arapaho2
02-01-2010, 05:45 PM
well bringing in goodman,dawkins and other impact free agents helped nolan so you cant say nolan fixed all our problems and josh created all our problems....the d had a huge part of our early success and a large part of our late season collapse....the offense just kinda puttered along all year.
i did expect more out of the offense in the second 1/2 of the season,but we did lose bucky for a few games and orton had another ankle injury,so there was injury concerns but good teams have depth at key positions for that....we did not.could be mcD's fault or scouting staff and previos picks,likely all of the above.
this year we will see just how good the new regime is at evaluating talent ,not just in starting talent but depth.

we also dont know how much nolan was involved in bringing guys like dawk here..as a seasoned vet you know coaches...and nobody would want to come to a team with a crap coach and system..nolan is well respected..you can be sure his employment played a part

the defense had a couple bad games late...but you dont end up 7th overall by not being a pretty good defense..the offesne simply sucked all season ....and instead of progressing as would be the case in a new system...continued to get worse all season

as for depth..we did have depth..we had hillis who proved he could carry the ball in 08..unused so buck getting hurt doesnt mean squat when he wasnt the starter any way

orton getting hurt dont mean any thing either..he hurt his not plant foot...he's not a runner with two good ankles...as for his depth..who made simms the highest paid back up in the league? josh

Superchop 7
02-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Give credit where credit is due.

He is reaching out to his players. (shocking, but true)

Coaching hires have been good. (actually "listened" to player input)

He is looking at a sexy d-line draft and actually "gets it". (Sorry Shanny, but it's true)

Lil Napolean is making a few strides.

Especially in communication.

I'll give him credit.

Dean
02-01-2010, 09:11 PM
Give credit where credit is due.

He is reaching out to his players. (shocking, but true)

Coaching hires have been good. (actually "listened" to player input)

He is looking at a sexy d-line draft and actually "gets it". (Sorry Shanny, but it's true)

Lil Napolean is making a few strides.

Especially in communication.

I'll give him credit.

I hope that he has seen the light and this full year soap opera ceases. I hope that he varies his play calls and gets better use of our players. I hope the offensive and defensive lines get fixed and that we do a much better job in the draft but I am starting to feel like a friend of mine back in college.

He was on a blind date and though Barry was not exactly Robert Redford it would be a compliment to say that the girl was plain. He leaned across the table and whispered to me, "I'll drink until she is pretty." i guess the bar didn't have that much alcohol. Hoping and pretending doesn't change a thing.

;)