PDA

View Full Version : Why a Denver trade for Quinn would be a bad idea

Magnificent Seven
02-01-2010, 02:59 AM
The Denver Post floated the idea of the Broncos trading Pro Bowl receiver Brandon Marshall to Cleveland in a deal for quarterback Brady Quinn.

It has to be considered one of many possibilities of a deal for Marshall. Expect Denver to try to trade Marshall this offseason.

But would a deal for Quinn be the smartest move for Denver?

I don’t think so.

I think Denver could get much more in return for Marshall, who has caught at least 100 passes in each of the past three seasons. Quinn is basically one season from being an official bust.

Denver might be able to get a first-round pick for Marshall. If so, perhaps Denver could take a quarterback with it if it wants a young quarterback.

Adding Quinn to a roster that will likely include Kyle Orton in 2010 really doesn’t make Denver better. Orton is fine. He could quarterback Denver for the next two or three seasons. While Quinn may be a nice fit for Denver coach Josh McDaniels’ system, there is no certainty Quinn would develop quickly and be as effective as Orton can be.

Denver has to find a way to get better by subtracting Marshall from the roster. Adding an unproven quarterback is not the answer. I expect Denver to get plenty of interesting offers for Marshall. At least one of them would likely be better than trading for Quinn.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/9636/why-a-denver-trade-for-quinn-would-be-a-bad-idea

Magnificent Seven
02-01-2010, 03:00 AM
Just wanted to share with you. How ironic!

Nomad
02-01-2010, 08:14 AM
This is just a rumor and a funny one!!

If McDaniels would pull something like this then I wouldn't blame fans for throwing the towel in on him. This would be his dumbest move by far!!

broncofaninfla
02-01-2010, 09:02 AM
At this point Quinn isn't worth a third round draft pick. Denver would be the laughing stock of the NFL if we made that trade straight up. I don't think it's in Denvers best intrest to trade Marshall either but I'd be floored if it didn't happen. I wouldn't mind taking on Quinn for a mid round pick as we need to upgrade at out QB postions and feel he is better than Simms.

SOCALORADO.
02-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Oh gee. More E!SPN BS.
These clowns really take the cake. They just literally float around the interwebs reading fan blogs and then making up scenarios from the thin air.

TXBRONC
02-01-2010, 09:41 AM
At this point Quinn isn't worth a third round draft pick. Denver would be the laughing stock of the NFL if we made that trade straight up. I don't think it's in Denvers best intrest to trade Marshall either but I'd be floored if it didn't happen. I wouldn't mind taking on Quinn for a mid round pick as we need to upgrade at out QB postions and feel he is better than Simms.

I agree with you in principal that Denver needs to upgrade at quarterback but I don't think Quinn would be an upgrade.

claymore
02-01-2010, 09:54 AM
I cant wait to hear the excuses if this happens.

GEM
02-01-2010, 10:20 AM
Here's the biggest reason not to do that trade....Quinn comes with a big price tag and he sucks.

frenchfan
02-01-2010, 10:24 AM
I wouldn't mind taking on Quinn for a mid round pick as we need to upgrade at out QB postions and feel he is better than Simms.What would be better : going after Quinn or Pennington BTW?

For a low price (mid round pick as you said), I wouldn't mind going after a QB too... I was really disappointed by Simms... Quinn or Pennington could be a real upgrade...

Shazam!
02-01-2010, 12:01 PM
There are plenty of lower cost options Denver could pursue if they're in the market for another QB. This deal would stink and I wouldn't be happy.

titan
02-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Elway said on his radio show this morning he's not sure Quinn would beat out Orton. So why make the trade? Look at a more long term option (a youngster to groom behind Orton)

SoCalImport
02-01-2010, 12:54 PM
Here's the biggest reason not to do that trade....Quinn comes with a big price tag and he sucks.

Wait a sec. that's two reasons.

underrated29
02-01-2010, 01:14 PM
quinn blows.

Quinn, rogers, and cribbs for marshall I would do. If not Screw Cleveland, they have no one i want. NO ONE!

GEM
02-01-2010, 01:31 PM
Wait a sec. that's two reasons.

They went so hand in hand and they were both big enough reasons it fell into one reason....yea, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :D

dogfish
02-01-2010, 01:54 PM
why do people continue to insist on talking about brady quinn as though he has some value? nobody's trading anything for him, let alone a young pro bowl talent. . . .

Ziggy
02-01-2010, 01:59 PM
I'm starting my own rumor, and seeing how long it takes to get to ESPN. This trade makes sense. The Broncos trade BMarsh to the Jets for Kris Jenkins and a 2nd and 3rd round pick. The Jets got along fine without him after he was injured, and they are desperate for a big play WR like Marshall. I'm guessing this hits the net within 2 weeks.

claymore
02-01-2010, 02:00 PM
why do people continue to insist on talking about brady quinn as though he has some value? nobody's trading anything for him, let alone a young pro bowl talent. . . .

If this happened Dog I might lose it.

SOCALORADO.
02-01-2010, 02:26 PM
I'm starting my own rumor, and seeing how long it takes to get to ESPN. This trade makes sense. The Broncos trade BMarsh to the Jets for Kris Jenkins and a 2nd and 3rd round pick. The Jets got along fine without him after he was injured, and they are desperate for a big play WR like Marshall. I'm guessing this hits the net within 2 weeks.

NICE. I like it. Although Jenkins is not as "pretty" as Quinn apparently, (at least thats what Claymore thinks) he does have actual football value.
I dunno. I just dont know if E!SPN will pick up this complete rumor unless one player is "pretty" or he has an attitude problem, or he electrocute's strippers while snorting lines and shooting his gat with his bodyguards......or all of the above in one player!
Give it a try though. See if something sticks.
Man i would love to collect a paycheck at E!SPN. Just sit around trolling the interwebs all day for BS.

Timmy!
02-01-2010, 02:27 PM
:tsk:

http://www.nerve.com/CS/blogs/61fps/2009/01/facepalm.jpg

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
02-01-2010, 04:27 PM
Quinn has alot of potential to play in the UFL with the rest of the cleveland browns.

arapaho2
02-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Quinn has alot of potential to play in the UFL with the rest of the cleveland browns.

he's got about the same potential as orton then

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
02-01-2010, 06:18 PM
he's got about the same potential as orton then

You make me laugh often!
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

56crash
02-01-2010, 06:22 PM
The Denver Post floated the idea of the Broncos trading Pro Bowl receiver Brandon Marshall to Cleveland in a deal for quarterback Brady Quinn.

It has to be considered one of many possibilities of a deal for Marshall. Expect Denver to try to trade Marshall this offseason.

But would a deal for Quinn be the smartest move for Denver?

I don’t think so.

I think Denver could get much more in return for Marshall, who has caught at least 100 passes in each of the past three seasons. Quinn is basically one season from being an official bust.

Denver might be able to get a first-round pick for Marshall. If so, perhaps Denver could take a quarterback with it if it wants a young quarterback.

Adding Quinn to a roster that will likely include Kyle Orton in 2010 really doesn’t make Denver better. Orton is fine. He could quarterback Denver for the next two or three seasons. While Quinn may be a nice fit for Denver coach Josh McDaniels’ system, there is no certainty Quinn would develop quickly and be as effective as Orton can be.

Denver has to find a way to get better by subtracting Marshall from the roster. Adding an unproven quarterback is not the answer. I expect Denver to get plenty of interesting offers for Marshall. At least one of them would likely be better than trading for Quinn.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/9636/why-a-denver-trade-for-quinn-would-be-a-bad-idea

Sorry lost me right there ....

56crash
02-01-2010, 06:25 PM
what do you call draft picks sure things?

56crash
02-01-2010, 06:31 PM
The reason for cutting Cutler was he was not long term everyone seen that Napoleon floated that out there several times early on when the Cutler BS happened . Well last I checked Marshall worked in this system just fine I think McD might ought to have to become a coach.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
02-01-2010, 07:40 PM
The reason for cutting Cutler was he was not long term everyone seen that Napoleon floated that out there several times early on when the Cutler BS happened . Well last I checked Marshall worked in this system just fine I think McD might ought to have to become a coach.

1. Cutler wasn't cut, he was traded.

2. McD already IS a coach

3. That last sentence would look better in english.

Superchop 7
02-01-2010, 08:09 PM
Horrible value.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Ya know, if it gets Orton out from behind Center, I might just be stupid enough to make that trade. Quinn can't be any worse.

Timmy!
02-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Oh look! An Orton and McD bashing thread. Weeeeeeeeeeee

:elephantshit:

Medford Bronco
02-01-2010, 08:41 PM
What would be better : going after Quinn or Pennington BTW?

For a low price (mid round pick as you said), I wouldn't mind going after a QB too... I was really disappointed by Simms... Quinn or Pennington could be a real upgrade...

Pennington would be an upgrade over Orton IF healthy. That is a huge IF.
He has a noodle arm but is smart and has had success in the NFL. McDs short passing game could be well utilized with Chad. I always have respected him. He just gets hurt too much.

Superchop 7
02-01-2010, 08:45 PM
Penningtons shoulder is toast.

If Holmgren doesn't want Quinn......we don't want Quinn.

dogfish
02-01-2010, 09:22 PM

**** with that junk!

this is a brady quinn bashing thread. . . :heh:

i'd rather have BVP back, and we could get him without traading anything. . .

Medford Bronco
02-01-2010, 09:25 PM

Do you ever say anything that is not negative.:confused:

weazel
02-01-2010, 09:30 PM
If they want to get a QB to play behind Orton and not have to give up alot, I would like to see them pick up Thigpen.

TXBRONC
02-01-2010, 11:59 PM
He has a noodle arm but is smart and has had success in the NFL. McDs short passing game could be well utilized with Chad. I always have respected him. He just gets hurt too much.

If Pennington is an upgrade over Orton I don't think it be by much. Honestly from what I've see of each of them they seem to very similar skill sets.

Nomad
02-02-2010, 10:29 AM
Armstrong and Sharpio will be talking about this trade rumor in a few moments on MHS Radio!!

CoachChaz
02-02-2010, 12:44 PM

They've been saying that for about 10 years

Medford Bronco
02-02-2010, 01:23 PM
They've been saying that for about 10 years

and how many winning seasons and playoff appearances. More than Denver in the last 5 years. Pennington is better than Orton IF healthy. Sorry to burst bubbles around here but that is my take

CoachChaz
02-02-2010, 01:28 PM
and how many winning seasons and playoff appearances. More than Denver in the last 5 years. Pennington is better than Orton IF healthy. Sorry to burst bubbles around here but that is my take

I think at this point in his career, he may be equal to Orton, but if he's healthy and can grasp the offense fast enough, I wouldnt be opposed to taking a look at him.

That being said...I dont know if the amount of improvement over Orton would be enough to warrant the signing for anything more than a backup role. I'd still like to see them bring in the QB of the future. I'm always hoping they make an offer to Philly for Kolb before Philly lets the McNabb bidding begin

pnbronco
02-02-2010, 02:08 PM

I'm am so shocked and bored. One good thing is that I find I can go through most of the threads in about 1/4 of the time. That's what happens when you read the first 5 words and go on nothing new......:D

frenchfan
02-03-2010, 11:33 AM
He has a noodle arm but is smart and has had success in the NFL. McDs short passing game could be well utilized with Chad. I always have respected him. He just gets hurt too much.I think Chad is a good QB when healthy indeed... But I'm really concerned about his injuries summary...

I think at this point in his career, he may be equal to Orton, but if he's healthy and can grasp the offense fast enough, I wouldnt be opposed to taking a look at him.

That being said...I dont know if the amount of improvement over Orton would be enough to warrant the signing for anything more than a backup role. I'd still like to see them bring in the QB of the future. I'm always hoping they make an offer to Philly for Kolb before Philly lets the McNabb bidding beginKolb? Yeah... that would have been nice indeed !

CoachChaz
02-03-2010, 11:57 AM
I think Chad is a good QB when healthy indeed... But I'm really concerned about his injuries summary...

Kolb? Yeah... that would have been nice indeed !

Problem is...there is NO other starter quality QB on the market after Pennington, so he'll get alot of money to play somewhere else. Kolb will be in Philly because I can foresee a bidding war for McNabb between Arizona and Minnesota. My guess is the loser of that war gets Pennington.

arapaho2
02-03-2010, 12:01 PM
Problem is...there is NO other starter quality QB on the market after Pennington, so he'll get alot of money to play somewhere else. Kolb will be in Philly because I can foresee a bidding war for McNabb between Arizona and Minnesota. My guess is the loser of that war gets Pennington.

there wont be a market for chad...a qbs bread an butter is his arm....his selling point

how many seasons have ended for chad by him hurting and requireing surgery on his

he's done

CoachChaz
02-03-2010, 12:09 PM
there wont be a market for chad...a qbs bread an butter is his arm....his selling point

how many seasons have ended for chad by him hurting and requireing surgery on his

he's done

Thanks for the input, God. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Somehow I just dont see Arizona turning a playoff team over to Leinart right off the bat and I doubt Jackson comes and takes the reigns back as the starter in Minnesota. "assuming" McNabb gets traded...one of those teams needs a solid QB. And "oh, by the way"...this is Pennington's 4 th shoulder surgery. It's not like the first three progibited him from being a starter.

I'll agree that the odds are unlikely that he'll play a full season, but I think it's a safe bet there will be a market for him and he'll have a job as a starter. if not immediately, it'll be on a team that will give a youngster about 3 or 4 games to prove something and then he'll be starting.

But why am I saying all this? Arapaho already knows what's going to happen, so it must be.

pnbronco
02-03-2010, 12:20 PM
Coach thanks for the posts. I don't follow other teams so reading your insight like AZ and Minn needing a new QB makes me go, oh that makes sense. So thanks for taking the time.....:salute:

UnderArmour
02-03-2010, 12:27 PM

Somehow I just dont see Arizona turning a playoff team over to Leinart right off the bat and I doubt Jackson comes and takes the reigns back as the starter in Minnesota. "assuming" McNabb gets traded...one of those teams needs a solid QB. And "oh, by the way"...this is Pennington's 4 th shoulder surgery. It's not like the first three progibited him from being a starter.

I'll agree that the odds are unlikely that he'll play a full season, but I think it's a safe bet there will be a market for him and he'll have a job as a starter. if not immediately, it'll be on a team that will give a youngster about 3 or 4 games to prove something and then he'll be starting.

But why am I saying all this? Arapaho already knows what's going to happen, so it must be.

I know right? Making a comment on a message board? How dare he state his opinion in your presence! He has a valid point, Chad Pennington folded his last year in New York and was bailed out by the wildcat in Miami last year. I doubt he has a starting job next season unless somebody goes down, more likely he will get a back up job.

He might not even be better than these "youngsters" you claim he will take a job from, his arm strength was never anything special. The Dolphins weren't exactly winning games on his arm so much as their running attack, wild cat, and defense. Chad Pennington is highly overrated and Matt Leinart is easily better than him, not sure about Tavares, but Minnesota's passing game is too vertical for him to be a viable signing.

But why am I saying all this? CoachChaz already knows what's going to happen, so it must be.

arapaho2
02-03-2010, 12:37 PM

did i kick your dog? screw your wife? put a burning bag of dog shit on your porch?

you sure cant stop taking your shots can you

Poet
02-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Quinn is a terrible QB. He was this 'franchise' QB who kept falling through the draft. I mean, he was SO good that the Browns took a franchise LT over a franchise QB with their first first round pick. :lol: Believe me, I'm a 'you win in the trenches' type of guy, but if you really believe that you have a franchise QB you take him then and there.

Coach, what is it about Kolb that makes you want him to so much?

CoachChaz
02-03-2010, 12:54 PM
I know right? Making a comment on a message board? How dare he state his opinion in your presence! He has a valid point, Chad Pennington folded his last year in New York and was bailed out by the wildcat in Miami last year. I doubt he has a starting job next season unless somebody goes down, more likely he will get a back up job.

He might not even be better than these "youngsters" you claim he will take a job from, his arm strength was never anything special. The Dolphins weren't exactly winning games on his arm so much as their running attack, wild cat, and defense. Chad Pennington is highly overrated and Matt Leinart is easily better than him, not sure about Tavares, but Minnesota's passing game is too vertical for him to be a viable signing.

But why am I saying all this? CoachChaz already knows what's going to happen, so it must be.

Since you want to play along and play big brother, so me a favor and show me where anything I said was beyond speculation and simply creating an argument for the sake of arguing. I listed reasons why I would EXPECT Pennington to land a job...I never said it was written in stone or a guarantee.

"Matt Leinart is easily better than him?" Based on what? Seriously...is that something you know for a fact? Maybe God told you.

"The Dolphins weren't exactly winning games on his arm so much as their running attack, wild cat, and defense." So I guess the 3600+ passing yards he had when they were a playoff team in 2008 while he was throwing the ball to guys named Ted Ginn, Davone Bess, Greg Camarillo, Anthony Fasano, etc...while the running game posted a whopping 1800 yards, ranking them 11th in the NFL (1 spot ahead of Denver)...and the defense ranked 15th (very average in a 32 team league)...was a sign that his arm was completely cooked and he was overrated.

yeah...I can see where you are coming from. :rolleyes:

...and by the way...

Pennington , who will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason, might sign with Arizona, the East Valley Tribune reports. 1/30/10

CoachChaz
02-03-2010, 12:59 PM
did i kick your dog? screw your wife? put a burning bag of dog shit on your porch?

you sure cant stop taking your shots can you

Every day, this place is full of Pro-Denver and Anti-Denver. Some people choose to support the team no matter what and others prefer to complain about the state of things.

Then there people that adamantly defend the team and decisions within and there are those that ignorantly bash the hell out of the team. basically, there are Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers, Pats, Colts and Bengals fans here that dont bash the team with as much disdain and arrogance as you and a few others that call yourselves fans do. It gets old.

Yes...this is a forum and peopl are entitled to their opinions...we all get that. But when people choose to go into every thread and push their opinions to the point of insinuating and sometimes calling other stupid...it goes too far. I'm just one of the few that call people out for it. love me, hate me, call me names...I dont care. but dont go attacking people and their opinions without expecting the same, martyr.

CoachChaz
02-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Quinn is a terrible QB. He was this 'franchise' QB who kept falling through the draft. I mean, he was SO good that the Browns took a franchise LT over a franchise QB with their first first round pick. :lol: Believe me, I'm a 'you win in the trenches' type of guy, but if you really believe that you have a franchise QB you take him then and there.

He's a young, pocket passer, with a good arm and good accuracy. Like any other QB, he'll make mistakes when forced to do certain things, but I think he has a great skillset to play in our offense. i think he'd be much better playing QB in Denver than in Philly.

arapaho2
02-03-2010, 01:39 PM
Every day, this place is full of Pro-Denver and Anti-Denver. Some people choose to support the team no matter what and others prefer to complain about the state of things.

Then there people that adamantly defend the team and decisions within and there are those that ignorantly bash the hell out of the team. basically, there are Raiders, Chiefs, Chargers, Pats, Colts and Bengals fans here that dont bash the team with as much disdain and arrogance as you and a few others that call yourselves fans do. It gets old.

Yes...this is a forum and peopl are entitled to their opinions...we all get that. But when people choose to go into every thread and push their opinions to the point of insinuating and sometimes calling other stupid...it goes too far. I'm just one of the few that call people out for it. love me, hate me, call me names...I dont care. but dont go attacking people and their opinions without expecting the same, martyr.

so in other words you do the same...right?...well i guess the world needs more high an mighty people like you

dogfish
02-03-2010, 01:44 PM

matt leinart isn't better than anybody, except probably brady quinn. . .

leinart's arm isn't much better than pennington's and he doesn't have half the guts, brains or competitive fire that pennington does. . . leinart doesn't have the skills or the work ethic to ever be a starter at this level-- he won't even start for arizona this year if they can find any other option. . . .

Medford Bronco
02-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Since you want to play along and play big brother, so me a favor and show me where anything I said was beyond speculation and simply creating an argument for the sake of arguing. I listed reasons why I would EXPECT Pennington to land a job...I never said it was written in stone or a guarantee.

"Matt Leinart is easily better than him?" Based on what? Seriously...is that something you know for a fact? Maybe God told you.

"The Dolphins weren't exactly winning games on his arm so much as their running attack, wild cat, and defense." So I guess the 3600+ passing yards he had when they were a playoff team in 2008 while he was throwing the ball to guys named Ted Ginn, Davone Bess, Greg Camarillo, Anthony Fasano, etc...while the running game posted a whopping 1800 yards, ranking them 11th in the NFL (1 spot ahead of Denver)...and the defense ranked 15th (very average in a 32 team league)...was a sign that his arm was completely cooked and he was overrated.

yeah...I can see where you are coming from. :rolleyes:

...and by the way...

Pennington , who will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason, might sign with Arizona, the East Valley Tribune reports. 1/30/10

Matt Leinart is not better than Chad. I agree. He has been awful when given a chance. What makse some think that he will be okay due to talent on Az. They had talent the last game and he was putrid and has shown zero in the NFL. Heck Cutler will all his turnovers has shown way more than Leinart.

Great post Coach:beer:

Medford Bronco
02-03-2010, 02:18 PM
matt leinart isn't better than anybody, except probably brady quinn. . .

leinart's arm isn't much better than pennington's and he doesn't have half the guts, brains or competitive fire that pennington does. . . leinart doesn't have the skills or the work ethic to ever be a starter at this level-- he won't even start for arizona this year if they can find any other option. . . .

lol they are both sucky. I would rather Brandstater then those stiffs :lol:

Poet
02-03-2010, 02:27 PM
I will admit that I dislike Pennington. I did feel bad for him when NY Jet fans cheered one of his injuries so they could field some scrub they wasted a second round pick on.

He has come back from injuries before, but like all the other ones you have to ask yourself if that's the one that ended his career.

It's simply another wait and see type of deals, but the nice thing about being an established QB is that even when you're real hurt your decision making abilities always put you ahead of most of the other scrubs.

FWIW, I think Arizona is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaally screwed.

CoachChaz
02-03-2010, 02:41 PM
so in other words you do the same...right?...well i guess the world needs more high an mighty people like you

Except I state my opinions with fact and speculation and never resort to name calling.

Not sure when I've ever looked into my crystal ball, saw the future and stated something speculative while degrading others that have the same thing I have...an educated opinion.

High and mighty? Must be a mirror near your monitor

Timmy!
02-03-2010, 02:53 PM
:pop2:

SOCALORADO.
02-03-2010, 02:59 PM
:pop2:

:listen:

Lonestar
02-03-2010, 03:30 PM

OUTSTANDING Post Coach :salute:

It is scary that some of the "other teams" members are more Pro Den than some of "our" fans are. they see clearly what is going on and ours do not get it.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-03-2010, 03:44 PM

Ya know, the San Francisco 49ers and 20 something other teams did the same thing a few years ago taking the "franchise QB" Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers. Who looks dumb, now?

The draft is a crap shoot. Everyone makes good pick from time to time, everyone drafts poorly from time to time. That's just how it works, right Ki-jana Carter? Right Akili Smith? Oh, I forgot, the Bengals NEVER have bad draft picks...

Poet
02-03-2010, 04:47 PM
Ya know, the San Francisco 49ers and 20 something other teams did the same thing a few years ago taking the "franchise QB" Alex Smith over Aaron Rodgers. Who looks dumb, now?

The draft is a crap shoot. Everyone makes good pick from time to time, everyone drafts poorly from time to time. That's just how it works, right Ki-jana Carter? Right Akili Smith? Oh, I forgot, the Bengals NEVER have bad draft picks...

I think you have a hard time with....reality? A. He plays for what team? I root for what team? Can you draw a conclusion?

Was I talking up my team, or talking down a bad player?

Please refrain from posting until you can do a little bit better than this.

FWIW, there was a lot of people who thought Rodgers was the best QB in that draft.

:lol::lol:

TXBRONC
02-03-2010, 05:05 PM

Looking at your post I guess you have no idea why the Browns took Thomas and Quinn in the order that they did. You know about that particular draft they Thomas was going be around past the top five. Quinn was expected to go in the top 10 to 15 if my memory serves me correctly. Also if my memory serves me right the Browns were interested in both players but it certainty that Thomas wasn't going out of the top five. So while you might not understand what went on the strategy was sound. You take the player that know for sure will not drop past top five and role dice on the other guy.

CoachChaz
02-03-2010, 05:10 PM
To complete the story, the Browns also traded up into the first to get the chance to draft Quinn, so it's not like they waited around for him.

Poet
02-03-2010, 05:23 PM
Looking at your post I guess you have no idea why the Browns took Thomas and Quinn in the order that they did. You know about that particular draft they Thomas was going be around past the top five. Quinn was expected to go in the top 10 to 15 if my memory serves me correctly. Also if my memory serves me right the Browns were interested in both players but it certainty that Thomas wasn't going out of the top five. So while you might not understand what went on the strategy was sound. You take the player that know for sure will not drop past top five and role dice on the other guy.

No, I am completely aware of the circumstances. Sorry, if you think that you have a guy in Quinn who was expected to be taken way earlier than where he went you take him because he's the franchise QB. He was expected to be taken in the top ten. Ironically, that very same franchise who you're rushing to defend opted to not play him except sporadically. What's even more ironic is that they traded to get him, and basically never really played him.

Don't try to talk to me about things I do and don't understand. I'll leave it at that to be polite.

underrated29
02-03-2010, 05:25 PM
TO FUrther add to the story the dolphins were expected to take quinn. However, they shocked everyone even quinn, (as they caught brady on tv smiling on shock saying thats surprising), when they selected Tedd Ginn Jr. with the 9th pick.

From there no one really really needed him.