Round 4-Craig Steltz, SS, LSU
Round 5-Vince Hall, LB, Virginia Tech
Round 5-Quintin Demps-S, UTEP
Round 7-Louis Holmes, DE, Arizona

SmilinAssasSin27
03-05-2008, 11:41 AM
draftace.com

12 Chris Williams Offensive Tackle Vanderbilt
Mike Shanahan tends to avoid drafting on the offensive side of the ball when he can, but he I don't think he can pass on an offensive lineman this year. Chris Williams and Jeff Otah should both be on the board and one of them needs to be wearing a Broncos jersey in 2008. Williams gets the slight edge over Otah, but either way the Broncos can't go wrong.

43 Reggie Smith CB Oklahoma
Smith can make the move to safety for the Broncos.

BOSSHOGG30
03-05-2008, 11:43 AM
draftace.com

12 Broncos Chris Williams Offensive Tackle Vanderbilt
Mike Shanahan tends to avoid drafting on the offensive side of the ball when he can, but he I don't think he can pass on an offensive lineman this year. Chris Williams and Jeff Otah should both be on the board and one of them needs to be wearing a Broncos jersey in 2008. Williams gets the slight edge over Otah, but either way the Broncos can't go wrong.

Still hope they trade back if they want to go that route... no need to reach at 12 if we can avoid it. But I agree that both players are very good for the Broncos needs.

CoachChaz
03-05-2008, 11:45 AM
Depends on how far we move back. Panthers and Bears draft right after us and they could take Williams and Otah, leaving us with 2nd tier OT's to choose from. I'd be very content drafting Williams and Smith.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Depends on how far we move back. Panthers and Bears draft right after us and they could take Williams and Otah, leaving us with 2nd tier OT's to choose from. I'd be very content drafting Williams and Smith.

The Williams and Smith option is solid...as is Williams and Law. I still prefer Otah and Cherilus. I think we could trade behind Chi and Caro and still land Cherilus.

MHCBill
03-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Highly doubt the Panthers select a OT round one with franchising Gross and resigning Wharton.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Highly doubt the Panthers select a OT round one with franchising Gross and resigning Wharton.

Boss posted sumthin saying they plan to move Wharton to OG if they can find a OT in the draft.

CoachChaz
03-05-2008, 11:56 AM
Cherilus is the definition of a RT. I want someone to protect the blind side.

Don't count Carolina out. Gross may be gone in a year.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-05-2008, 11:59 AM
And Shanny says Harris is his LT...which means if we are to replace Pears, we look at RTs.

BOSSHOGG30
03-05-2008, 12:00 PM

They are moving Wharton to guard and are looking for a tackle.. they really like Ryan Clady.

mclark
03-05-2008, 12:02 PM
http://www.drafttek.com/round12008.html

Round 1-Chris Williams, OT, Vanderbilt
Round 2-Trevor Laws, DT, Notre Dame
Round 4-Ali Highsmith, LB, LSU
Round 4-Craig Steltz, SS, LSU
Round 5-Vince Hall, LB, Virginia Tech
Round 5-Quintin Demps-S, UTEP
Round 7-Louis Holmes, DE, Arizona

I could definitely live with this draft.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-05-2008, 12:03 PM
I could definitely live with this draft.

If we replaced Highsmith with Ezra Butler, OLB, Nevada...I'm right there w/ ya.

mclark
03-05-2008, 12:04 PM
Cherilus is the definition of a RT. I want someone to protect the blind side.

Don't count Carolina out. Gross may be gone in a year.

What I read about Cherilus at the Combine was that he looked lost when up against speed rushers and did a lot of thrashing about trying to find people to block.

Doesn't sound like a left tackle prospect.

Chris Williams is sounding more like what we need at left tackle.

CoachChaz
03-05-2008, 12:06 PM
And Shanny says Harris is his LT...which means if we are to replace Pears, we look at RTs.

If your are buying into Harris being the answer at LT...then I suppose you're right. I'm just not getting on that bus right now.

BOSSHOGG30
03-05-2008, 12:06 PM
What I read about Cherilus at the Combine was that he looked lost when up against speed rushers and did a lot of thrashing about trying to find people to block.

Doesn't sound like a left tackle prospect.

Chris Williams is sounding more like what we need at left tackle.

I've read that in a couple places as well, which surprises me, BIG TIME! He was one of the more dominate tackles in the entire Senior Bowl. I watched him pretty much all week. Dude is very good.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-05-2008, 12:08 PM
If your are buying into Harris being the answer at LT...then I suppose you're right. I'm just not getting on that bus right now.

Let's be clear...I'm not sold on Harris. I'm nauseated by the concept he may be the LT. HOWEVER, I am sold on the fcat that SHANNY IS SOLD on him at LT...at least for the time being. Based on that theory, I want another position altogether...or RT if we do go OT.

CoachChaz
03-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Let's be clear...I'm not sold on Harris. I'm nauseated by the concept he may be the LT. HOWEVER, I am sold on the fcat that SHANNY IS SOLD on him at LT...at least for the time being. Based on that theory, I want another position altogether...or RT if we do go OT.

Couldn't we draft a LT...just in case...have him compete with Harris and the loser goes to RT? I'm thinking ANYTHING is an upgrade over Pears on the right side.

BOSSHOGG30
03-05-2008, 12:11 PM
I think Pears did well at LT when he was there. He surely played a better LT than he did RT. (someone might want to tell Pears that LT is the harder position to play)

mclark
03-05-2008, 12:11 PM
If we replaced Highsmith with Ezra Butler, OLB, Nevada...I'm right there w/ ya.

I agree. Highsmith is too small. We've been there.

mclark
03-05-2008, 12:13 PM
I think Pears did well at LT when he was there. He surely played a better LT than he did RT. (someone might want to tell Pears that LT is the harder position to play)

Remember, though, that when Pears played left tackle he had Jake Plummer playing as his QB -- and the defensive philosophy vs Plummer (as opposed to Cutler) was to contain him, make him stay in the pocket, and make him beat you passing. With Cutler, the defensive philosophy is to rush him in the pocket, hit him, and make him fumble the ball.

SmilinAssasSin27
Couldn't we draft a LT...just in case...have him compete with Harris and the loser goes to RT? I'm thinking ANYTHING is an upgrade over Pears on the right side.

Which is why I want Otah if we go OT. He is perfect now for RT and still raw/learning. He could be a LT, but needs more grooming.

The other guy I love at LT is Barry Richardson of Clemson. Issue is his motivation, not talent. He's a round 4 option w/ all the talent in the world.

BOSSHOGG30
I agree. Highsmith is too small. We've been there.

Didn't he put on a lot of weight by the time he weighed in for the combine? I know he had a terrible forty time... can't remember what he weighed in at though.

CoachChaz
03-05-2008, 12:14 PM
The guy I like at LT, that I think is pretty underrated is Duane Brown.

BOSSHOGG30
03-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Zuttah!

SmilinAssasSin27
03-05-2008, 12:15 PM
Didn't he put on a lot of weight by the time he weighed in for the combine? I know he had a terrible forty time... can't remember what he weighed in at though.

to small, too slow, too unathletic all around at the combine...but he plays football well on the field...interesting prospect and may be worth a late flier just to see if his gameday play outweighs his measureables.

BOSSHOGG30
03-05-2008, 12:18 PM
to small, too slow, too unathletic all around at the combine...but he plays football well on the field...interesting prospect and may be worth a late flier just to see if his gameday play outweighs his measureables.

This is from rotoworld:
Draft analyst Charles Davis said on the NFL Network that he heard LSU LB Ali Highsmith was "a little dinged up" during Combine weekend.

Davis is a noted SEC loyalist, but it sounds right that Highsmith was at less than 100%. Projected to run his forty in the 4.5-4.6 range, Highsmith turned in a startlingy slow 5.0. He may need to meet expectations at the Tigers' Pro Day to avoid being this year's Earl Everett.

Fan in Exile
03-05-2008, 01:07 PM
I'm comfortable with Harris and Pears competing for the LT spot because we are rebuilding. I understand the importance of LT, but since we have so many holes to fill we should look elsewhere.

Let Harris and Pears fight it out this year, and if neither one works then next year we can bring in a LT.

This year we should get a guy like Cherilius to nail down the RT spot.

I also think that our rebuilding project is why the Draft tek Simulation is crap. There is no way we bring in two LB. Look at how many we already have on the roster.

DE maybe if we had the luxury of drafting a guy to stash on the practice squad for a while, but since we don't.

Strong Safety, with Lynch coming back that doesn't make any sense. We should draft two second day FS, and hope one of them can step up to be a starter.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-05-2008, 01:12 PM
Don't forget Kuper as an option at RT as well.

Fan in Exile
03-05-2008, 01:16 PM
But if we move him to RT then we still need depth in the middle. I like just leaving the inside where it's at now and bringing in more guy for RT.

SoCoPoCo
03-06-2008, 04:11 AM
HOWEVER, I am sold on the fcat that SHANNY IS SOLD on him at LT...at least for the time being.
<cough, cough...smokescreen....>>