PDA

View Full Version : Marshall "would love" to finish his career in Denver

CrazyHorse
01-31-2010, 09:16 PM
ahttp://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/31/marshall-would-love-to-finish-his-career-in-denver/
Sunday could be Brandon Marshall's last game with a Broncos helmet on, but he says he wouldn't mind staying.

"I think we're past that," Marshall said on ESPN during the telecast. "I love the city of Denver. I started there and would love to finish there. I'm down here enjoying the Pro Bowl."

Whether Marshall totally means what he says or not is irrelevant. His fate is up to the Broncos.

It seems like Marshall has learned that popping off to the press will do him no good, so he's either going to stay mum or kill them with kindness. Heck, maybe he is maturing. (Probably not, but he could create a little sympathy among the Denver faithful.)

Northman
01-31-2010, 09:19 PM
lol, yea right. Im starting to think Brandon is a schizo.

claymore
01-31-2010, 09:20 PM
Blah, Blah Blah......

Denver Native (Carol)
01-31-2010, 09:21 PM
I am watching the game, and I heard Brandon say that - also I do NOT think that Brandon had to say what he did. He could have went another path, and not said anything wrong - like "will just have to wait and see how it plays out".

silkamilkamonico
01-31-2010, 09:26 PM
I don't question Marshall wanting to stay in Denver.

I also don't question McDaniels not wanting him back. Considering Mcdaniels makes the decisions, Marshall has almost certainyl played his last game in DEnver.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-31-2010, 09:29 PM
I don't question Marshall wanting to stay in Denver.

I also don't question McDaniels not wanting him back. Considering Mcdaniels makes the decisions, Marshall has almost certainyl played his last game in DEnver.

Guess time will tell

titan
01-31-2010, 09:54 PM
When I heard McDaniels talk about Marshall at the Bronco qb club meeting I attended, McD made it sound like Brandon was one of his favorite players. McD shared some things that night that he hasn't with the Press. This was after all the problems in training camp, but before the end of season drama.

Maybe the end of season problems spoiled the relationship, but my gut feel is that there's still a chance Marshall stays. I'd like to see Marshall in a Bronco uniform myself next year - I just don't think we'll get enough value trading him away.

scott.475
01-31-2010, 10:20 PM
Seriously, is this guy bipolar? I seriously wonder sometimes. Good grief.

Poet
01-31-2010, 10:22 PM
Of course he wants, to stay. Since when do cancers want to be removed? ;)

SR
01-31-2010, 10:24 PM
Man...the media sure has done a good job of turning Bronco fans against Brandon Marshall.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-31-2010, 10:33 PM
Man...the media sure has done a good job of turning Bronco fans against Brandon Marshall.

:amen: :amen: :amen:

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-31-2010, 10:38 PM

Absolutely, most Americans love to be raped by the media and manipulated.

A few nonchalant phrasings and one story is turned into a totally different story.
Impressionable Americans have always been susceptible to the media, and always will be.

pnbronco
01-31-2010, 10:40 PM
I second that amen and it's not just Marshall.....:D

Poet
01-31-2010, 11:16 PM
Sigh, some people never learn. Remember when it was just "that girlfriend' who was the cause of his legal problems.

That's the start of the timeline.

Now, go ahead and work your ways from there. Then tell me how much you love Brandon.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-31-2010, 11:26 PM
Sigh, some people never learn. Remember when it was just "that girlfriend' who was the cause of his legal problems.

Now, go ahead and work your ways from there. Then tell me how much you love Brandon.

Sometimes it's almost like you have a disdain for athletes. Are you pretty athletic?

Hoser
01-31-2010, 11:26 PM
I'd love to have him back as well... if he could keep it straight off the field.

SR
01-31-2010, 11:37 PM

I love what Brandon brings to the football field.

arapaho2

that and a narrow mind

SR
Sometimes it's almost like you have a disdain for athletes. Are you pretty athletic?

King is the most athletic mother effer on this board. Baleeeeeeedat!

Poet
01-31-2010, 11:41 PM
King is the most athletic mother effer on this board. Baleeeeeeedat!

This is true, I ball hard.

Poet
01-31-2010, 11:45 PM

No, I actually like most athletes. I'm usually the guy who argues that they aren't irrelevant and aren't overpaid. I like a lot of the flashy guys like Deon Sanders, I like a lot of the no nonsense guys like Mike Singeltary. I like the guys who use sports as a way to help people like Drew Brees. I like the all-time greats who helped define the game like Walter Payton or Jim Brown. I like guys who ****** up and turned their life like Rod Smith.

I don't like guys who are cancers and only in it for themselves. I don't like quitters, I don't like guys who give lip service and I don't like spoiled pampered babies who have people making excuses for them every second.

Guess which paragraph Marshall falls in with?

Oh, and SR, I can see why you like his production. I can't see why you want a guy who managed to quit on his team twice this year on your squad. I don't see why people keep refusing to see the pattern that is Brandon Marshall. It's hard for me to not make fun of the people who really believe that he's misunderstood or has gotten a raw deal. It's even harder for me to not make fun of people who think he's irreplaceable or this once in a lifetime talent.

Now, that doesn't really apply to you, but I'm take aback that you of all people appear to be his supporter.

D1g1tal j1m
02-01-2010, 01:34 AM
I believe that Marshall is trying to put the ball and impending trade of him on Denver's plate. When he is traded (which is almost guaranteed), he can go back and say that he want to stay but was dealt away like his former teammate Jay. It's all PR and he has been taught as much by his agent and fellow handlers.
He doesn't want to be here and so he should be dealt to the team that can provide us with the best deal possible. Don't fall for the Star Athlete and how "they never wanted to leave but..." routine.

Italianmobstr7
02-01-2010, 02:02 AM

His ex gf was a crazy bitch and it was proven in court. We can go through the whole timeline and I'll tell you that I still love Brandon. If Brandon leaves the Broncos, I'll still love Brandon. The guy is an absolute beast on the field and loves the game. You can tell when he flashes that big smile and how he FIGHTS for every yard. Do I like that all the off field stuff has happened? No. Do I like what's gone on this year (at the very beginning and at the very end)? No. Am I willing to look past all of that and support him as a Bronco and as a GREAT player? Yes I am.

If you gave me a choice of keeping 5 players on the Denver Broncos that we currently have they would be 1. Clady 2. Marshall 3. Bailey 4. Dawkins 5. Royal . Some of it has to do with talent, some of it has to do with personality. I've been a Marshall supporter before most on this board even knew who the guy was, and I'll be a supporter as long as he's in the league (as long as he's not playing the Broncos). There's not many players I can say that about. Only a few actually. Portis, Marshall, and Bailey. No matter where those players are playing, I'll support them regardless of what the media and other fans want me to think.

Poet
02-01-2010, 02:27 AM
Am I willing to look past all of that and support him as a Bronco and as a GREAT player? Yes I am.

That's all you had to say. You don't care what he does off the field, you don't care that he doesn't care about the team's best interest, you just care that for about 14 games or so Marshall will be a good WR.

Nevermind the fact that he quit on his team twice this year. He basically wanted no part of playing in a game where your team had a outside shot of the playoffs if they won. He didn't want to come to camp and act like a pro so he knocked down balls and then punted them and forced McDaniel's to suspend him, which caused him to be rusty for the first part of the season.

You don't care that he consistently makes poor choices off the field. It doesn't matter that he got suspended because hey, it got reduced and it was only one game, right?

You don't care that he fell to you in the second round because he was an idiot before the NFL.

It's almost like you expect him to break the trend. Marshall is great at giving lip service. He's totally awesome at throwing charities or football camps and looking like a swell guy in front of a camera. Awesome, right? No, because he has yet to have a SINGLE season were he wasn't a huge distraction.

The notion that anyone is trying to get Bronco fans to dislike him is stupid. It's literally one of the most retarded things I have ever heard.

I remember this conversation: Oh come one, his girlfriend is insane, he didn't do anything. OH WTF HE GOT SUSPENDED ARIKIJEKJGDKSJGKLSDJGKLSJDGKLJSGDKLJGSKDLjgd

Oh come on, all we know is that he injured his wrist, he probably didn't do anything dumb. WTF HE SLIPPED ON A WRAPPER AND ACTED A FOOL?!?!? DLKGJLDKSJGSDKGKLSDNGKLNCXKLKDg

Oh come on, there's no way that Marshall actualyl was knocking down and punting balls at practice. OH WTF HE DID!??!?! SLKDJGKLDSJGKDSGKDSJGKLSDJGKSJDKG

Oh come on, there's no way a phantom hamstring injury is keeping him out and that cold air makes it hard for him to breathe...OH WTF DLKJGKLSDJGDGKSJDGKLSDJG

Time after time after time he craps on the franchise, but it doesn't matter because he gives that "aw shucks I didn't really hit her....that hard" smile and goes out and catches some balls. You convince yourself that he's grown up and is a new guy and then the next thing you know the Marshall supporters look like fools again.

Wash, rinse and repeat.

broken12
02-01-2010, 02:36 AM
my problem with trading him, is if it is to get a qb, that will show that the front office is making mistakes ala cuter, not moving to draft sanchez, not trying to trade for quinn who was going pretty cheap early last year etc, and trying to make up for losing a qb, and having orton as the only answere back there! NOT GOOD!

ursamajor
02-01-2010, 03:08 AM
I like the all-time greats who helped define the game like Walter Payton or Jim Brown.

I have to point out my friend, that Jim Brown was a notorious woman beater.

Poet
02-01-2010, 03:15 AM
I have to point out my friend, that Jim Brown was a notorious woman beater.

That I was not aware of...ugh...

That makes it official, the best RB of all time is now Walter Payton. ;)

broncophan
02-01-2010, 06:34 AM

Yea.......Brandon, himself, had nothing to do with it............:lol:

Would love to see him stay and cut out all his BS..........

Traveler
02-01-2010, 06:51 AM
ahttp://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/31/marshall-would-love-to-finish-his-career-in-denver/
Sunday could be Brandon Marshall's last game with a Broncos helmet on, but he says he wouldn't mind staying.

"I think we're past that," Marshall said on ESPN during the telecast. "I love the city of Denver. I started there and would love to finish there. I'm down here enjoying the Pro Bowl."

Whether Marshall totally means what he says or not is irrelevant. His fate is up to the Broncos.

It seems like Marshall has learned that popping off to the press will do him no good, so he's either going to stay mum or kill them with kindness. Heck, maybe he is maturing. (Probably not, but he could create a little sympathy among the Denver faithful.)

Just Brandon doing his part to help Denvver get fair and just compensation for when they trade him. He's doing his part to tkeep interested teams into thinking he wants to stay in order to drive up the cost to get him. Of course I'm only speculating.

Northman
02-01-2010, 07:09 AM
Seriously, is this guy bipolar? I seriously wonder sometimes. Good grief.

Yep. Has to be.

At this point the circus needs to end. Im just tired of his act already.

Northman
02-01-2010, 07:13 AM
I believe that Marshall is trying to put the ball and impending trade of him on Denver's plate. When he is traded (which is almost guaranteed), he can go back and say that he want to stay but was dealt away like his former teammate Jay. It's all PR and he has been taught as much by his agent and fellow handlers.
He doesn't want to be here and so he should be dealt to the team that can provide us with the best deal possible. Don't fall for the Star Athlete and how "they never wanted to leave but..." routine.

Agreed. We saw that at the very end with Cutler when he spouted "I never wanted it to come to this" BS. Right now, Marshall is just trying to save face with any team thats interested in him. Its a PR move from him and his agent to raise his stock. Its all good though, Denver will get well compensated unless of course Brandon goes nuts again.

EastCoastBronco
02-01-2010, 08:01 AM

To paraphrase what Obi-Wan told Anakin at the end of Revenge of the Sith..."He has done that himself..."

Nomad
02-01-2010, 08:06 AM
Brandon goes nuts again.

Keep your police blotter on, it is SuperBowl week!!:D

It's hard to trust Marshall because he pulled his childish BS with Shanny as well. It's just a PR move though I do wish I could believe he is a changed man and could remain a BRONCO because the man does have talent!! Hopefully McDaniels is smart enough to get equally compensated for him!!

broncofaninfla
02-01-2010, 09:20 AM
LOL! The same people that jump on posters for speculating on Mcd are jumping on Marshall for saying he wants to stay in Denver. Hypocrites........Also the same people who spit out Mcd's "team player" and "accountability" words as if this is some new approach in Denver and the NFL.

Odds are "you" people will be getting your wish and Denver will trading one of the best WR's in the game. Not a smart move for a team with such an inept offense in bad need of playmakers. The dink and dunk philosphy is a take what they give you approach that "hopes" that the receiver can get YAC and maybe break a big one. Yet there are people insisting that our most dangerous playmaker be traded. What do you think the end result will be? This would make us a better team?

TXBRONC
02-01-2010, 09:34 AM
LOL! The same people that jump on posters for speculating on Mcd are jumping on Marshall for saying he wants to stay in Denver. Hypocrites........Also the same people who spit out Mcd's "team player" and "accountability" words as if this is some new approach in Denver and the NFL.

Odds are "you" people will be getting your wish and Denver will trading one of the best WR's in the game. Not a smart move for a team with such an inept offense in bad need of playmakers. The dink and dunk philosophy is a take what they give you approach that "hopes" that the receiver can get YAC and maybe break a big one. Yet there are people insisting that our most dangerous playmaker be traded. What do you think the end result will be? This would make us a better team?

According some of the things I have been reading all Denver has to do is draft Dez Bryant and the problem is fixed. It's not anything like getting rid of proven player for a rookie.

GEM
02-01-2010, 10:21 AM
"I ******* hate this city."

GEM
02-01-2010, 10:23 AM

It's just a way to keep his name in the press. Learning to shut up and speak when necessary isn't a sign of maturity, it's a sign of common sense, something Marshall doesn't seem to have a lot of.

e-Lou-sive1
02-01-2010, 10:37 AM
Brandon Marshall did say all the right things during the Pro Bowl and knowing when to shut up.He may have done the song and dance routine saying that he would like to finish his career in Denver.The announcers did say that he has had 3-100+ reception and 3- 1000yd+ seasons obviously Pro Bowl material regardless of his attitude he knows what he has to do get there.New England took a big chance on Randy Moss who used to get in Qbs faces and vent his frustration just as T.O. although they are not as good as they used to be now.Marshall does not do this because apparently he has some maturity his antics are self inflicted where more money may not remedy this demon.Maybe he lacks confidence even though his numbers show otherwise his problems seem to be of a person that lacks focus and interest of what they are involved in.It could be a disorder and not someone creating chaos just for the sake of getting their way.McD can work Brandon Marshall into being one of the elite receivers and pay him waht he deserves in the long run it will cost us more to look for someone who can play with the same results.The announcers asked about Mike Nolan being fired after the Broncos defense had dramatically improved no one had answer - this does show that McD is the one restructuring the team where it doesn't need it.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-01-2010, 11:11 AM
Before Brandon said what he did in regards to wanting to stay with the Broncos, the conversation was in regards to him getting benched before the final game - and Brandon stated "WE ARE PAST THAT" - so, does that mean that by saying WE - he has talked with Coach McD, and that has been straightened out?????? No one KNOWS for sure.

Traveler
02-01-2010, 11:16 AM

Odds are "you" people will be getting your wish and Denver will trading one of the best WR's in the game. Not a smart move for a team with such an inept offense in bad need of playmakers. The dink and dunk philosphy is a take what they give you approach that "hopes" that the receiver can get YAC and maybe break a big one. Yet there are people insisting that our most dangerous playmaker be traded. What do you think the end result will be? This would make us a better team?

While I agree that Brandon is talented, it's a bit of a stretch to say he is one of the best at his position. I'm looking at this from a purely financial point of view but, I'm also viewing everything with this team through the prism that we are continuing to rebuild.

There's just too much baggage with him IMO. Trading Brandon will help in that effort. Marshall is just not worth the gamble financially. Lastly, his quitting on the team in last the game was the final straw for me.

Nomad
02-01-2010, 11:21 AM
Before Brandon said what he did in regards to wanting to stay with the Broncos, the conversation was in regards to him getting benched before the final game - and Brandon stated "WE ARE PAST THAT" - so, does that mean that by saying WE - he has talked with Coach McD, and that has been straightened out?????? No one KNOWS for sure.

No one has came out and said he WILL be a BRONCO!! If this is will be true, why beat around the bush and just sign the guy to a contract!! For now it's PR BS by him and McDaniels (because McDaniels is singing sweet songs of praises about him and waiting him to stay)!! I would rather mcDaniels/Marshal together come out and say yes we are going to trade him or we are working on a contract and keeping him!! But fans aren't hypocrits who question Marshall because he has brought this upon himself and as GEM pointed out, said he hated this city!! And as Traveler pointed out, quit on his team!!

Biz1
02-01-2010, 11:27 AM
No one has came out and said he WILL be a BRONCO!! If this is will be true, why beat around the bush and just sign the guy to a contract!! For now it's PR BS by him and McDaniels (because McDaniels is singing sweet songs of praises about him and waiting him to stay)!! I would rather mcDaniels/Marshal together come out and say yes we are going to trade him or we are working on a contract and keeping him!! But fans aren't hypocrits who question Marshall because he has brought this upon himself and as GEM pointed out, said he hated this city!! And as Traveler pointed out, quit on his team!!

Devin Hester 4/Marshall?.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-01-2010, 11:36 AM

If Brandon were the only one who does not have a new contract, I would think that would be very telling, but none of the players who are at the end of their contracts have a new one yet.

In my post, I indicated nothing where I was trying to make Brandon out to be an angel - I just stated what else was said to him, and his response to that comment.

Nomad
02-01-2010, 11:41 AM
If Brandon were the only one who does not have a new contract, I would think that would be very telling, but none of the players who are at the end of their contracts have a new one yet.

In my post, I indicated nothing where I was trying to make Brandon out to be an angel - I just stated what else was said to him, and his response to that comment.

I was speaking out loud, not necessarily towards you! :)

What's so secrative about trading or keeping guys?? I really haven't heard McD come out say yes we're trading Marshall or keeping him. But both, Marshall and Mcdaniels sit there and praise each other and how Marshall wants to stay in Denver!! My thing is why not cut the BS, by both men, and just come out and say yes I will or will not be a BRONCO next year!!

arapaho2
02-01-2010, 11:45 AM
According some of the things I have been reading all Denver has to do is draft Dez Bryant and the problem is fixed. It's not anything like getting rid of proven player for a rookie.

yah a long ball wr is gonna do great in the short orton offense:confused:

my prob...we need dline...we have the 10th pick...we trade marshall we then have to pic up a rookie unproven wr that may or may not pan out in the nfl to replace him...there are sure fire wr hits in each draft...that dont cut it in the pros....becuase dez looks good last year..dont mean squat to me this year

peter warrick
travis taylor
sylvester morris
r j soward
david terrell
freddie mitchell
donte
ashlie lelie
charcle rodgers
bryant johnson
troy williamson
mike williams
ted ginn
buster davis
heyward bey

all sought after 1st round wr picks...:coffee:

arapaho2
02-01-2010, 11:46 AM

take liberties with reality much?

GEM
02-01-2010, 11:49 AM
take liberties with reality much?

The Denver Police released the transcripts from him getting pulled over...he stated I ******* hate this city, it's well documented.

Biggest game of the season, he was medically cleared and chose not to play.....that is quitting on your team when they need you most. Think Rod Smith would have pulled that shit?

broncofaninfla
02-01-2010, 11:53 AM
The Denver Police released the transcripts from him getting pulled over...he stated I ******* hate this city, it's well documented.

Biggest game of the season, he was medically cleared and chose not to play.....that is quitting on your team when they need you most. Think Rod Smith would have pulled that shit?

Take in mind this is the same medical staff that misdaignosed his hip issue. Also it's he said/she said with Marshall and Mcd with neither having a great degree of credibility.

claymore
02-01-2010, 11:57 AM
Broncos have zero loyalty towards Marshall. They have already misdiagnosed previous Marshall injuries etc...

In the end Marshall played it safe by telling McDaniels he wasnt 100%. With millions on the line I dont think anyone here would have done it differently.

If I was Marshall, I would hate Denver to. In the course of a couple years he has gone thru alot. I think a change of scenery will do that young man alot of good.

Hopefully we can replace his talent. But this divorce needs to happen.

GEM
02-01-2010, 12:04 PM
Take in mind this is the same medical staff that misdaignosed his hip issue. Also it's he said/she said with Marshall and Mcd with neither having a great degree of credibility.

Either way...I just want a good outcome for the Broncos. Whether Marshall stays or goes, I want the value and I want less drama than what we've dealt with since his arrival here.

Lonestar
02-01-2010, 12:06 PM
For the I love BM crowd.

Did you ever think "we are past that" could mean it is in the past and can't change it.

All of you seem to forget the 30 mil guaranteed he may or not be looking for, are just one bitch slap away for 8+ weeks of suspension.

If he had been as quiet as as church mouse since his last time out by Goodell then I might say let's chance it. But he has been on ESPN more than 4-6 times for stupid acts. Those are all in the back of Goodells mind when and I do not mean if he does something stupid again.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

claymore
02-01-2010, 12:16 PM
Either way...I just want a good outcome for the Broncos. Whether Marshall stays or goes, I want the value and I want less drama than what we've dealt with since his arrival here.

Thats all I care about as well.

Biz1
02-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Restricted FA:

"Restricted free agency, whereby his current team has the chance to retain rights to this player by matching the highest offer any other NFL franchise might make to that player. The club can either block a signing or, in essence, force a trade by offering a salary over a certain threshold."

I did a bit of research on this, but still can't figure out how it would actually work as it applies to Marshall. Can the Broncos force a trade with no salary caps in place?

Anyone??:confused:

56crash
02-01-2010, 12:28 PM
Blah, Blah Blah......

the same could be said about McD

all he has said is Blah, Blah Blah:elefant::elefant::elefant:

claymore
02-01-2010, 12:29 PM
the same could be said about McD

all he has said is Blah, Blah Blah:elefant::elefant::elefant:

I agree 10,000%.

56crash
02-01-2010, 12:30 PM

so not paying player is not the problem ... yep anything you say...:welcome:

56crash
02-01-2010, 12:31 PM
Marshall is a impact player . pay him like one and there goes the drama

arapaho2
02-01-2010, 12:55 PM

ok gem...your a little drunk..pulled over for a infraction you believe you didnt do...differant laws whatever...

had that been me..and i was buzzed..i would said fn this and fn that and f this fn town..blah blah blah

would that mean in that little fit of anger i actually meant it??? no

funny how hypocrites take his angered words as bible truths..yet disregard all his statments to the contrary as out right lies:rolleyes:

biggest game of the season...and the coach benched him..he didnt pull out..he stated he wasnt sure if it would be ready..he did not say...im fn not gonna play...that was on wendsday or thursday...NOT SUNDAY OR SATURDAY

the dude played the entire 08 season with a seriously damaged hip...so sue him if he's a little concerned with the broncos medical staffs diagnosis

And because the medical staff says theres no structural damage...dont mean squat on a hammy, if you never had one you wouldnt know this..they also said he had no structural damage last season...how'd that work out?..oh yeah off season surgery and months of rehab

T.K.O.
02-01-2010, 01:01 PM
sounds to me like they might be getting close to a deal,and are in a holding pattern waiting to see what happens with the "cba"
mcD's radio interview was pretty clear that the team is having to "wait and see" on alot of issues with rfa etc...
as are most teams.

Ziggy
02-01-2010, 01:29 PM

So your logic is that a player that can't stay out of trouble with millions on the line suddenly will once his payday is guarunteed? Would you like to buy some beach front property in Colorado?

Ziggy
02-01-2010, 01:31 PM
ok gem...your a little drunk..pulled over for a infraction you believe you didnt do...differant laws whatever...

had that been me..and i was buzzed..i would said fn this and fn that and f this fn town..blah blah blah

funny how hypocrites take his angered words as bible truths..yet disregard all his statments to the contrary as out right lies:rolleyes:

biggest game of the season...and the coach benched him..he didnt pull out..he stated he wasnt sure if it would be ready..he did not say...im fn not gonna play...that was on wendsday or thursday...NOT SUNDAY OR SATURDAY

the dude played the entire 08 season with a seriously damaged hip...so sue him if he's a little concerned with the broncos medical staffs diagnosis

And because the medical staff says theres no structural damage...dont mean squat on a hammy, if you never had one you wouldnt know this..they also said he had no structural damage last season...how'd that work out?..oh yeah off season surgery and months of rehab

See, there's the whole problem. He was driving with alchohol on board. The conversation should end right there. He's too stupid to get a cab when he's been drinking, or have a friend drive. Justifying anything after that is just ridiculous.

Northman
02-01-2010, 01:33 PM
Keep your police blotter on, it is SuperBowl week!!:D

It's hard to trust Marshall because he pulled his childish BS with Shanny as well. It's just a PR move though I do wish I could believe he is a changed man and could remain a BRONCO because the man does have talent!! Hopefully McDaniels is smart enough to get equally compensated for him!!

Exactly. Everytime you think he's turned the corner he does something else to make people doubt him. He doesnt need the media to do that for him, he's doing enough of it himself to have people raise doubts.

GEM
02-01-2010, 01:33 PM
so not paying player is not the problem ... yep anything you say...:welcome:

Could you put that in English please?

He earned a 4th round selection. He earned 4th round compensation. He signed a contract and he hasn't done enough for the powers that be to feel he needs an extension or new contract.

On the field is one part of earning that right, he hasn't done enough in the other parts.

Northman
02-01-2010, 01:34 PM
"I ******* hate this city."

Thats just the media. :lol:

GEM
02-01-2010, 01:36 PM

Here's the difference....I DON'T DRIVE DRUNK!

And I certainly wouldn't be if I had an NFL players type money, there is a such things as cabs.

You let his talent blind you and that's ok. I like his talent but he's a distraction. I don't turn a blind eye to his bs. You like the guy, I don't. It's fine. You're still my bud. :D

Northman
02-01-2010, 01:39 PM

Tell that to Terrell Owens.

T.K.O.
02-01-2010, 01:39 PM
the title is misquoted...he said he would" love to finish there"
not" love to finish his career there"
technically he could be saying he would like to be done in denver.
now i'm not trying to stir the pot,just stating that it could be taken another way.
i doubt that was his intent but the possibility exists:confused:

Northman
02-01-2010, 01:42 PM
See, there's the whole problem. He was driving with alchohol on board. The conversation should end right there. He's too stupid to get a cab when he's been drinking, or have a friend drive. Justifying anything after that is just ridiculous.

What i think is funny is Arapaho is acting like he is actually talking to Marshall in confidence. How does Arapaho know if Marshall hates Denver or not? We cant get a straight answer out of Marshall but now we are supposed to believe he loves Denver because Dr. Phil Arapaho says so? :lol::lol:

Lonestar
02-01-2010, 02:21 PM

No Rod would have been fighting to get on the field. Screw the doctors.

Ziggy :salute: beat me to this one I was going to try and sell you Beach front Land in EL PAso

So your logic is that a player that can't stay out of trouble with millions on the line suddenly will once his payday is guarunteed? Would you like to buy some beach front property in Colorado?

This punk is just one bitch slap away from 8+ weeks of Goddell induced vacation.

For those that believe he was not guilty of the crime, if you will realize LIKE OJ he was acquitted because of a high priced lawyer.

WHo put the girl on trial, he got the jury to believe all she wanted was money from him. All she wanted was to marry him and live happily ever after. IS she a crazy girl or did he cause her to be the way she was?

THE FACTS ARE HE BEAT HER. Period he beat his fiance. God only knows how many others he has roughed up.

The facts are he has had more Domestic violence calls to the police than I care to count.

FWIW there are 236 threads in this forum about him and frankly not all of them good ones.

Royal 69

Scheffler 22

cutler 303

Orton 107

Kuper 6

Doom 8

Not that it means anything, but we all see what a lightning rod 2 players have been.

claymore
02-01-2010, 02:30 PM
No Rod would have been fighting to get on the field. Screw the doctors.

Ziggy :salute: beat me to this one I was going to try and sell you Beach front Land in EL PAso

This punk is just one bitch slap away from 8+ weeks of Goddell induced vacation.

For those that believe he was not guilty of the crime, if you will realize LIKE OJ he was acquitted because of a high priced lawyer.

WHo put the girl on trial, he got the jury to believe all she wanted was money from him. All she wanted was to marry him and live happily ever after. IS she a crazy girl or did he cause her to be the way she was?

THE FACTS ARE HE BEAT HER. Period he beat his fiance. God only knows how many others he has roughed up.

The facts are he has had more Domestic violence calls to the police than I care to count.

FWIW there are 236 threads in this forum about him and frankly not all of them good ones.

Royal 69

Scheffler 22

cutler 303

Orton 107

Kuper 6

Doom 8

Not that it means anything, but we all see what a lightning rod 2 players have been.

And 38 about hillis. A 7th round nobody who doesnt start anywhere on the team, and had his FB spot stolen by a backup LB'er.

Lonestar
02-01-2010, 02:44 PM
And 38 about hillis. A 7th round nobody who doesnt start anywhere on the team, and had his FB spot stolen by a backup LB'er.

SO?

claymore
02-01-2010, 02:49 PM
SO?

Exactly!

Lonestar
02-01-2010, 02:51 PM
SO?

Exactly!

why not try to refute the rest of the post?

claymore
02-01-2010, 02:56 PM
why not try to refute the rest of the post?

Because Im not a Marshal apologist. But... Rod Smith beat his wife, Elway was a drunk, Plummer sexualy assaulted women etc... Etc...

No one is perfect. And to be honest I give 2 shits about what they do off the field.

In no way do I care if a player has 37 kids and 10 DUI's as Long as he rushes for 1500 yards and gets 26 TD's.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
02-01-2010, 03:02 PM
Because Im not a Marshal apologist. But... Rod Smith beat his wife, Elway was a drunk, Plummer sexualy assaulted women etc... Etc...

No one is perfect. And to be honest I give 2 shits about what they do off the field.

In no way do I care if a player has 37 kids and 10 DUI's as Long as he rushes for 1500 yards and gets 26 TD's.

+1

/This message is too short.

arapaho2
02-01-2010, 05:21 PM

were not talking about his stupidity on drinking...it was and is..no lie..wasnt justifing it al all...read

im talking about taking a statment spoken by a angry person getting tossed in jail as...thats the real truth

but dismissing the positive things he says as lies

arapaho2
02-01-2010, 05:24 PM
Here's the difference....I DON'T DRIVE DRUNK!

And I certainly wouldn't be if I had an NFL players type money, there is a such things as cabs.

You let his talent blind you and that's ok. I like his talent but he's a distraction. I don't turn a blind eye to his bs. You like the guy, I don't. It's fine. You're still my bud. :D

im not condoneing DUIs...im saying something spoken by a dude getting tossed should not be taken as truth, his real feelings...drunks say all kinds of weird shit they dont mean

to say its a shows its a fact he hates denver ...but dismiss the good he says is wrong...that is all

arapaho2
02-01-2010, 05:26 PM
What i think is funny is Arapaho is acting like he is actually talking to Marshall in confidence. How does Arapaho know if Marshall hates Denver or not? We cant get a straight answer out of Marshall but now we are supposed to believe he loves Denver because Dr. Phil Arapaho says so? :lol::lol:

maybe because the reports say he was actually talking about the denver police??

how do you know he is lieing about wanting to be in denver?...you talking to him in confindence:coffee:

Northman
02-01-2010, 05:54 PM

I care.

Northman
02-01-2010, 05:55 PM
maybe because the reports say he was actually talking about the denver police??

how do you know he is lieing about wanting to be in denver?...you talking to him in confindence:coffee:

Nope, but never claimed to be. I just keep showing how back and forth Brandon goes yet you tried to come in here and claim his last quote as the gospel.

Broncolingus
02-01-2010, 05:59 PM
Marshall "would love" to finish his career in Denver

...bullshit.

But I'll give kudos to his agent for getting him to say the right thing - this week anyway...

arapaho2
02-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Nope, but never claimed to be. I just keep showing how back and forth Brandon goes yet you tried to come in here and claim his last quote as the gospel.

show me where i said it was gospel?...put up or shut up i believe is the term

56crash
02-01-2010, 06:43 PM

thank you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

56crash
02-01-2010, 06:45 PM

Northman can brandon play Football ? just asking :laugh:

Northman
02-01-2010, 06:50 PM

Have i ever said he cant? Just asking. :lol:

56crash
02-01-2010, 06:52 PM

he is a kid still . and kids make mistakes I have yet to see anything from him that most kids that age don't do . sorry you are being way to hard on him for the most part his problem are petty.

Crush05
02-01-2010, 06:53 PM
How about we all get over it. Stop this bickering and wait and see what the offseason brings!:tsk:

Ziggy
02-01-2010, 06:55 PM

Yes, and so can Pacman Jones and Travis Henry. What's your point?

Crush05
02-01-2010, 06:57 PM

IMO Brandon is in a different class of player then they ever would have been or will be!

Ravage!!!
02-01-2010, 06:58 PM
Marshall won't finish his career in Denver. Nothing he, nor the coach, says to the media can be taken as gospel or truth. They both continue to lie. They either are speaking out of anger, or trying to just 'say the right things.' They both know, that no matter what they say, is going to be questioned a THOUSAND times again.

Marshalll saying he wants out, only causes more questions and stir.

McD saying he doesnt' want Marshall here, will only cause more questions and stir.

The EASIEST path to take, for both parties, is to simply say "I want to be here/I want him here"...."I want to finish here/I want him here"...."He is an important part of our team and will remain so for a long time." (sorry, had to throw that last one in there for Hillis' sake :laugh:)

56crash
02-01-2010, 07:00 PM
Have i ever said he cant? Just asking. :lol:

Well lets say we get 2 draft picks for him . They turn out bust ... that happens from time to time .. would you still like to get rid of a pro bowl WR because he got into a few scraps and the Coach seems to not get along with his players . At some point I say josh need to grow up and stop throwing away talent Coach's and players.

also let me ask you this if you are a boss do you always like every person you work with under you ? if you say yes you are not telling the truth.

Ziggy
02-01-2010, 07:01 PM
were not talking about his stupidity on drinking...it was and is..no lie..wasnt justifing it al all...read

im talking about taking a statment spoken by a angry person getting tossed in jail as...thats the real truth

but dismissing the positive things he says as lies

I don't care what he says while he was angry. The fact that he was angry because he got caught driving while drinking says it all. Defend it all you want, you're not going to convince anyone with any common sense that he should be believed at all. None of us are disputing his skills on the football field. We just don't want to give a player that has the mentality of a 12 year old, and is one strike away from taking a very long forced vacation from the regular season millions of guarunteed dollars.

Ravage!!!
02-01-2010, 07:02 PM

At the same time, we ALLLLLLLLL know people that have gotten DUI's, and although it was a stupid mistake, I don't continue to judge and chastise them everytime I see or hear from them about it.

People make mistakes. Smart, well educated, intelligent, mature, level-headed people, MAKE Mistakes.

Continuing to "label" them after that has no justification and is ridiculous, as well.

Ziggy
02-01-2010, 07:03 PM
I just hope that Brandon can stay out of trouble long enough for us to get some real value for him in a trade.

56crash
02-01-2010, 07:09 PM

Are you for real . They both suck as humans and players ! and for that matter they are pigs . Marshall is at best a Winnie head . and I bet you have done almost everything Marshall has done but not gotten cought on all of it like him stop sounding all high and mighty... Broncos fans as of late act like holly rollers at a meeting .

56crash
02-01-2010, 07:11 PM
I just hope that Brandon can stay out of trouble long enough for us to get some real value for him in a trade.

yep nothing like all our draft picks .... Bengal and Detroit owner alert... we are becoming bottom feeders

56crash
02-01-2010, 07:17 PM
At the same time, we ALLLLLLLLL know people that have gotten DUI's, and although it was a stupid mistake, I don't continue to judge and chastise them everytime I see or hear from them about it.

People make mistakes. Smart, well educated, intelligent, mature, level-headed people, MAKE Mistakes.

Continuing to "label" them after that has no justification and is ridiculous, as well.

some actually grow up .. :beer:

Ziggy
02-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Are you for real . They both suck as humans and players ! and for that matter they are pigs . Marshall is at best a Winnie head . and I bet you have done almost everything Marshall has done but not gotten cought on all of it like him stop sounding all high and mighty... Broncos fans as of late act like holly rollers at a meeting .

You don't know the first thing about me, kid.

56crash
02-01-2010, 07:32 PM
thanks lol:confused:

56crash
02-01-2010, 07:36 PM
You don't know the first thing about me, kid.

So I take it you are perfect ...nice :elefant:

56crash
02-01-2010, 07:40 PM
Oh by the way mister ziggy I am 43 and no kid. But have learned thought the years at early 20 something you are still a kid . and I am glad you are perfect but most are not .

TXBRONC
02-01-2010, 11:18 PM

Getting a couple of draft picks for Marshall doesn't mean we've gotten value. It's been floated around here that if get a first and third for Marshall then we've gotten value for him. It's only be real value if they pan out. Even if they were to pan out the chances of making an immediate impact is slim.

getlynched47
02-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Now that I think about it, maybe Brandon Marshall does like Denver.

It's virtually certain to be about money. If the Broncos paid him, he'd stay. Unfortunately they haven't. Not saying I blame them too much because of Marshall's past transgressions, but the guy needs to be fairly compensated.

As Frank Schwab puts it:

Let's just say this - I think Marshall would go play for the Montreal Alouettes and learn to speak French if they paid him what he wants.

IMO, if u want to keep hope BM returns, it's not based on a (probably) disingenuous speech, it's w/ no team offering fair value in trade

TRUTH!!

If we don't get anything near fair value for the guy, I hope we keep him. I'd be infuriated if McDaniels traded him for way way less than fair compensation because he just wanted to get rid of the guy.

Northman
02-01-2010, 11:36 PM
he is a kid still . and kids make mistakes I have yet to see anything from him that most kids that age don't do . sorry you are being way to hard on him for the most part his problem are petty.

He's 25, not a kid. Weakest excuse ive ever heard.

Northman
02-01-2010, 11:44 PM
Well lets say we get 2 draft picks for him . They turn out bust ... that happens from time to time .. would you still like to get rid of a pro bowl WR because he got into a few scraps and the Coach seems to not get along with his players .

You never like to get rid of any talented player. However, a majority of the talented wide recievers in the NFL dont have the same problems with the law or attitude that Marshall does. I know it stings for people on this board to accept but Brandon Marshall is not the norm when it comes to elite calibur players. So, do i want to keep a guy here who although is talented but i have to worry about his attitude hurting the locker room and if he smacks around another woman will he be suspended. Those are high risks for me if im an owner. In fact, too high when said player consistently says he is learning but then a few weeks later is having issues again. Marshall has been troubled since he was in college, not just with McD.

Now to your other question, do i get along with everyone at my job? Nope. But i can tell you this, if i was continuing to have attitude problems with my boss and getting in trouble with the law that could cause me to miss time at my job i would no longer have a job. In fact, my boss has told me a few times there are many people out there who would love to have my job. Its no different in the NFL, there are many players who would like the opportunity to start for an NFL team. Does it mean they are as qualified? No. But, just because your qualified for a job does not mean the boss will look away when your doing something that can effect your job and ability to do so.

ikillz0mbies
02-01-2010, 11:53 PM
You never like to get rid of any talented player. However, a majority of the talented wide recievers in the NFL dont have the same problems with the law or attitude that Marshall does. I know it stings for people on this board to accept but Brandon Marshall is not the norm when it comes to elite calibur players. So, do i want to keep a guy here who although is talented but i have to worry about his attitude hurting the locker room and if he smacks around another woman will he be suspended. Those are high risks for me if im an owner. In fact, too high when said player consistently says he is learning but then a few weeks later is having issues again. Marshall has been troubled since he was in college, not just with McD.

Now to your other question, do i get along with everyone at my job? Nope. But i can tell you this, if i was continuing to have attitude problems with my boss and getting in trouble with the law that could cause me to miss time at my job i would no longer have a job. In fact, my boss has told me a few times there are many people out there who would love to have my job. Its no different in the NFL, there are many players who would like the opportunity to start for an NFL team. Does it mean they are as qualified? No. But, just because your qualified for a job does not mean the boss will look away when your doing something that can effect your job and ability to do so.

How much do you want to bet that certain posters will ignore what you just said?

Northman
02-02-2010, 12:00 AM
How much do you want to bet that certain posters will ignore what you just said?

Par for the course. Im pretty much used to it by now. :lol:

Poet
02-02-2010, 02:15 AM
Getting a couple of draft picks for Marshall doesn't mean we've gotten value. It's been floated around here that if get a first and third for Marshall then we've gotten value for him. It's only be real value if they pan out. Even if they were to pan out the chances of making an immediate impact is slim.

No, it's getting value. A draft pick is nothing more than a lottery ticket, but if you get enough lottery tickets and you're a good drafting franchise it's value.

A lot of things in the NFL are lotteries. Playoff pairings, injuries, the way a ball bounces, officials and the weather come to mind.

However, another one that comes to my mind is a certain player on the Broncos who is a really good WR but his actions are so random and so detrimental to the franchise that if he goes three months without screwing up you basically 'won the lotto'.

If you traded a player like Justin Fargas, you know, a solid good player for a seventh rounder you didn't get value. You still didn't get value if you got a guy out of the seventh like T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

spicygirl
02-02-2010, 03:47 AM
Are you prepared for the insanity workout schedule (http://www.insanityworkoutschedule.org/) Workout program? To get prepared for the Insanity Workout, let's summarize ; you'll need to be prepared for a challenge, set targets, prepare mentally, need to have strong willpower, and most of all it is important to take the first step and get started.
The p90x workout schedule (http://www.p90xworkoutschedule.me/) is an incredibly popular home-based, boot camp-style video exercise program that some fitness fanatics swear by. But does it do the job? A study of the system finds it does improve cardio respiratory function.
P90X Workout Calendar PDF (http://www.mygogowebs.com/)& Sheets

The following explanation is from P90X maker Beachbody for Classic, Double, Lean of P90X workout schedule

CLASSIC – mcm backpack (http://www.gp.gov.ua/mcm-backpack.html)
Consider this the starting line to the extreme physical and mental challenge ahead. it’s time to show you’ve got. It may take some time to get use to the rigors of this program, but with longchamp outlet (http://www.onlinedergi.com/longchampoutlet.html)
patience determination, you will go the distance.

e-Lou-sive1
02-02-2010, 10:17 AM
The odd thing is the difference between a average persons job and the NFL and NBA is that they thrive on publicity and prima donna players get noticed and get paid for doing so whereby you and I would only get paid for what we know.The NFL and NBA create these matchups so that people will want to see what happens next time such as the Detroit Pistons/Indiana Pacers game with Ron Artest gettting beer spilled on him.Brandon Marshall is no more credible than than JMD because JMD can not give an interview without committing to what his plans are and the reasoning for his actions.Listening to him is like listening to a politician who talks a good talk but never answers the question.McD was hired at 32 yrs old,Lane Kiffin was 31,Jon Gruden was 34,Raheem Morris was 32,Mike Tomlin was 34,David Shula 32,Eric Mangini was 34 alll have something in common they were fired or risk getting fired.Mike Tomlin did win a Super Bowl and so did Gruden but the NFL owners have high expectations and expect immediate results.Other notables John Madden was 32,Don Shula 32,Bill Cohwer 34,Mike Shanahan 35.JMD is trying to rebuild again after his first season and doing it in areas that don't really need it,Marshall should be the least of his worries everything else is in black and white where the true problems need to be addressed.I just hope whatever he does can be easily repaired in case he has to make an early exit as those before him.What is JMD trying to hide this isn't "videogate" this is "novicegate" someone who thinks that they can resolve issues by getting rid of them."If at first you don't succeed,destroy all evidence".

56crash
02-02-2010, 10:52 AM

What trouble has he been in as of late ? he is now of the age were you grow up and it dawns on you that it is time to get with it .

You pay him just money last season Marshall would of been the perfect player as always. When did the broncos become the Bengals ?

56crash
02-02-2010, 10:56 AM

So they grow beast on trees is what you are saying ... nice I will take two beast one in the first round and one in the 3rd ...dang that was easy..:beer::beer::beer:

56crash
02-02-2010, 11:07 AM
No, it's getting value. A draft pick is nothing more than a lottery ticket, but if you get enough lottery tickets and you're a good drafting franchise it's value.

A lot of things in the NFL are lotteries. Playoff pairings, injuries, the way a ball bounces, officials and the weather come to mind.

However, another one that comes to my mind is a certain player on the Broncos who is a really good WR but his actions are so random and so detrimental to the franchise that if he goes three months without screwing up you basically 'won the lotto'.

If you traded a player like Justin Fargas, you know, a solid good player for a seventh rounder you didn't get value. You still didn't get value if you got a guy out of the seventh like T.J. Houshmandzadeh.

nope it means you are becoming the Lions and Bengals

56crash
02-02-2010, 11:14 AM
Thing is we need to turn over almost all the roster . To implement this new scheme but you don't throw away players that works . It adds to the time of the rebuild .

next I am going to get a yayhoo tell me we are not in a total rebuild.. that should be relay rich.

claymore
02-02-2010, 11:24 AM
We dont have the coach, or the locker room to keep Marshall in check. I say trade him/tender him.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2010, 11:30 AM
We dont have the coach, or the locker room to keep Marshall in check. I say trade him/tender him.

I am curious - what kind of a coach would keep Brandon in check?

underrated29
02-02-2010, 11:43 AM
The odd thing is the difference between a average persons job and the NFL and NBA is that they thrive on publicity and prima donna players get noticed and get paid for doing so whereby you and I would only get paid for what we know.The NFL and NBA create these matchups so that people will want to see what happens next time such as the Detroit Pistons/Indiana Pacers game with Ron Artest gettting beer spilled on him.Brandon Marshall is no more credible than than JMD because JMD can not give an interview without committing to what his plans are and the reasoning for his actions.Listening to him is like listening to a politician who talks a good talk but never answers the question..

I stopped reading after this because my eyes hurt and because you need to know something about coaching.

I will put it in terms of poker. Everyone knows what chips you have. But they do not know what cards you have. When someone asks you what you plan to do, what your next move is, what cards you need to win.....

You...do....not.....tip...... your hand.................

You do not tell them. I need a DE inthe first, so I can take this card in the 2nd and sign this guy in FA. It sucks that we cant get strait answers, but it is in the broncos best interest if he is vague about things.

Its a serious strategy game and any tid bit, any info that is leeked can help another team, or help another team hurt us. The smallest thing can do this. So to avoid it, you go politician on them.

Northman
02-02-2010, 11:44 AM
So they grow beast on trees is what you are saying ... nice I will take two beast one in the first round and one in the 3rd ...dang that was easy..:beer::beer::beer:

Guess you didnt pay attention to my last sentence. Figures.

Again, most of the wide receivers in the NFL dont behave like Brandon Marshall. So your idea that Denver cant live without Marshall is silly. Trust me, if Marshall is dealt away the Broncos will be fine. Marshall is not the last great WR to play in the NFL. :lol:

claymore
02-02-2010, 11:46 AM
I am curious - what kind of a coach would keep Brandon in check?
A good one.

LordTrychon
02-02-2010, 11:50 AM
Guess you didnt pay attention to my last sentence. Figures.

Again, most of the wide receivers in the NFL dont behave like Brandon Marshall. So your idea that Denver cant live without Marshall is silly. Trust me, if Marshall is dealt away the Broncos will be fine. Marshall is not the last great WR to play in the NFL. :lol:

For the Broncos, he's a roughly once in 50 years type of talent. I'd prefer not to wait that long.

Northman
02-02-2010, 11:53 AM
For the Broncos, he's a roughly once in 50 years type of talent. I'd prefer not to wait that long.

Um ok, thanks Miss Cleo. :lol:

Poet
02-02-2010, 12:06 PM

I can safely say that it's more of a 'you guys aren't on fire when it comes to drafting wideouts' than it is a 'Marshall is a once in 50 years type of player.'

CoachChaz
02-02-2010, 12:43 PM
50 years...I didnt realize it had been that long since Rod Smith played

Northman
02-02-2010, 12:45 PM

Yea, but he doesnt count just ask those guys.

GEM
02-02-2010, 12:48 PM

Beating on women and drinking and driving are petty? :confused: Wow!

CoachChaz
02-02-2010, 12:49 PM
Yea, but he doesnt count just ask those guys.

My bad...I forgot. He didnt beat his girl...oh wait...yes he did.

Ok...so he wasnt as outspoken and in trouble all the time, so maybe because he was quiet...he doesnt count.

Northman
02-02-2010, 12:52 PM

The saddest thing is a good portion of them have said that NONE of the off field stuff concerns them. I can just see it now, Marshall gets arrested for molesting a kid and they will be like "who cares!!! He is a talent on the field and thats all that matters to me!!!!. What a sad state of affairs it is in this day and age when fans dont care about one's character at all. :tsk:

claymore
02-02-2010, 12:58 PM
My bad...I forgot. He didnt beat his girl...oh wait...yes he did.

Ok...so he wasnt as outspoken and in trouble all the time, so maybe because he was quiet...he doesnt count.

To be fair Smith beat his wife too.

GEM
02-02-2010, 12:59 PM
A good one.

Shanahan was ready to ship Marshall out the door....just saying. :D

GEM
02-02-2010, 01:01 PM
The saddest thing is a good portion of them have said that NONE of the off field stuff concerns them. I can just see it now, Marshall gets arrested for molesting a kid and they will be like "who cares!!! He is a talent on the field and thats all that matters to me!!!!. What a sad state of affairs it is in this day and age when fans dont care about one's character at all. :tsk:

I don't care if my kids are 24, if they are driving drunk or beating on their spouse...mama's gonna put an ass whooping on that ass. That's NOT just normal everyday PETTY trouble.

GEM
02-02-2010, 01:03 PM

He just said that...

claymore
02-02-2010, 01:06 PM

Child molestation is the uber right extreme. And is unforgivable regardless of the career path.

But these are atheletes. Not moral compases.

Cutler5280
02-02-2010, 01:08 PM
It's plain and simple Brandon Marshall is Bipolar

;)

claymore
02-02-2010, 01:10 PM
Shanahan was ready to ship Marshall out the door....just saying. :D
He said it wasnt true. It was kind of a silly rumor as well.

I don't care if my kids are 24, if they are driving drunk or beating on their spouse...mama's gonna put an ass whooping on that ass. That's NOT just normal everyday PETTY trouble.
Gem, I would say that those 2 things are probably the most common law violations in the US. Right next to speeding. Not saying its right, but that shit happens everyday.

He just said that...

I miss read it.

CoachChaz
02-02-2010, 01:13 PM

My 14 year got into this habit of cracking jokes about women and I let it go for awhile until it sounded like he kind of believed them. A hard lesson was learned that day. Point is...I agree

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2010, 01:20 PM
A good one.

So apparently, Shanahan was not a good coach, as all of Brandon's off field problems, since playing in the NFL, happened under Shanahan.

Lonestar
02-02-2010, 01:29 PM
:salute:

He was NOT drafted either.

claymore
02-02-2010, 01:29 PM
So apparently, Shanahan was not a good coach, as all of Brandon's off field problems, since playing in the NFL, happened under Shanahan.

I dont care about off the field issues. I over looked Plummers felony sexual abuse charges. I can over look an argument with Marshall's girlfreind.

Nomad
02-02-2010, 01:39 PM
I will not condemn Marshall for his DWI, because I got one when I was 18 and had to get a waiver to go into the military, but if I sniff a beer I don't even touch keys to vehicles. He does suck for beating on women (which he has done multiple times). I don't expect NFL players to be morale compasses and mistake free but I do expect them to learn their lesson and remain clean after their first time. Even from his days at UCF, his name has been on the police blotter and the same since he's been in the NFL (not one offseason without being arrested) and this is what i condemn him for. How can you trust the guy especially when the next time he's going to hurt his team by not being on the field?? I guess if someone had a crystal ball and said he'll be a team player and clean from trouble for the rest of his career, I would be yelling at Mr. Bowlen to open his wallet!!

arapaho2
02-02-2010, 01:42 PM

not to cause a scene...but can you show me one conviction of a assult charge for beating his girlfriend?...not saying he didnt do it

but for all the times he was arrested or warned or had the cops called....it would seem at least once there would be enough proof to convict him...im not a lawyer..but in alot of states if the cop sees undieniable proof that an assult happened to a woman...he can pursue the case whether she wants to or not

i know he went to court...and had a trial...with a panel of majority women..and was aquitted unamiously...so do you have any thing to actually back the point up that he hits woman

Northman
02-02-2010, 01:47 PM

Yep, he made one mistake and learned from it. Marshall seems to be having a problem learning. There in lies the difference.

Northman
02-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Child molestation is the uber right extreme. And is unforgivable regardless of the career path.

But these are atheletes. Not moral compases.

So, then your admitting that your fine with him slapping women around. I mean, you've come out and said yourself that you dont care what they do off the field. I have to ask, when is enough enough?

Nomad
02-02-2010, 01:51 PM
Guilty or not in the eyes of the civilian court, it's Goodell's judgement the concerns most and he's already stated what he'd do if Marshall takes another mug shot!!

Northman
02-02-2010, 01:52 PM
not to cause a scene...but can you show me one conviction of a assult charge for beating his girlfriend?...not saying he didnt do it

but for all the times he was arrested or warned or had the cops called....it would seem at least once there would be enough proof to convict him...im not a lawyer..but in alot of states if the cop sees undieniable proof that an assult happened to a woman...he can pursue the case whether she wants to or not

i know he went to court...and had a trial...with a panel of majority women..and was aquitted unamiously...so do you have any thing to actually back the point up that he hits woman

Yea, OJ was not guilty too.

Lonestar
02-02-2010, 01:54 PM
I dont care about off the field issues. I over looked Plummers felony sexual abuse charges. I can over look an argument with Marshall's girlfreind.

care to elaborate or with draw the comment.

arapaho2
02-02-2010, 01:57 PM
Yea, OJ was not guilty too.

if the glove dont fit..you must aquit

its a big differance between a celebrty murder ..well publisized, on tv....

and a minor assult in a lower court

but you wouldnt know that i suppose

Northman
02-02-2010, 01:58 PM
For those who like to use the "he was found not guilty" verdict as his excuse you also have to look at what was all involved. Had Whatley not cut her own head off with her extortion and gold digging attempt she probably would have won. The thing is with Brandon there's a history which includes a fiasco with his current fiance just last year. Oh yea, most battered women dont press charges so there you go. Brandon may not have been found guilty yet but im a true believer where there's smoke theres fire. Sounds like it will only be a matter of time before he screws up again. And if he gets the big payday i think it will only get worse.

claymore
02-02-2010, 01:59 PM
So, then your admitting that your fine with him slapping women around. I mean, you've come out and said yourself that you dont care what they do off the field. I have to ask, when is enough enough?
I dont think that has been proven. And Id rather my players be saints. But the fact is the vast majority of them will not be. So I as a fan am not going to worry about a kid that may or may not have slapped his GF.

care to elaborate or with draw the comment.

Here is the g rated Wiki portion of one the offense I posted.

On March 23, 1997 Plummer became the subject of controversy when he was accused of fondling three women at a Tempe, Arizona night club called Club Rio. The women stated to police that Plummer reached under their skirts and down their pants while dancing with them and consuming alcohol. When one of the women confronted him, he allegedly kicked her in the leg. Plummer was formally charged on May 28, 1997 of felony sexual abuse. He later struck a plea bargain and received two years probation. He was also fined $1,020 and ordered to perform 100 hours of community service.

Northman
02-02-2010, 02:00 PM
if the glove dont fit..you must aquit

its a big differance between a celebrty murder ..well publisized, on tv....

and a minor assult in a lower court

but you wouldnt know that i suppose

Of course i would. Its no secret that celebrities and athletes generally get a slap on the wrist when it comes to punishment from the law. But, i suppose you wouldnt know that.

Northman
02-02-2010, 02:02 PM
I dont think that has been proven. And Id rather my players be saints. But the fact is the vast majority of them will not be. So I as a fan am not going to worry about a kid that may or may not have slapped his GF.

Like i said, where's there's smoke theres fire. Its not just Whatley who Brandon has had physical abuse with. And no, the vast majority is not abusing their women. Thats just outright sillyness man, come on.

claymore
02-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Yep, he made one mistake and learned from it. Marshall seems to be having a problem learning. There in lies the difference.

How do we know this? And how many times has it happened before?

Northman
02-02-2010, 02:04 PM
How do we know this? And how many times has it happened before?

You dont get multiple arrests and complaints without cause man. Your just being naive.

claymore
02-02-2010, 02:05 PM
Like i said, where's there's smoke theres fire. Its not just Whatley who Brandon has had physical abuse with. And no, the vast majority is not abusing their women. Thats just outright sillyness man, come on.

I would bet the vast majority of any human being has gotten in some sort of physical altercation with their partner.

Northman
02-02-2010, 02:08 PM
I would bet the vast majority of any human being has gotten in some sort of physical altercation with their partner.

Totally disagree. But if you have proof to the contrary i would like to see it. Im almost 40 and ive never laid a hand on a woman in a threatening manner.

claymore
02-02-2010, 02:08 PM
You dont get multiple arrests and complaints without cause man. Your just being naive.

He didnt go "Ike on tina". He didnt beat the shit out of her. In fact none of us know beyond a shodow of doubt if he did anything.

I cannot condem a guy for drinking and driving. Ive done it. The vast majority of drivers have done it.

I fault Marshall for choosing ghetto ass greedy GF's more than I think he has a woman beating problem.

Northman
02-02-2010, 02:10 PM
I fault Marshall for choosing ghetto ass greedy GF's more than I think he has a woman beating problem.

As far as i know Whatley was the only one to try and extort him. Do you have inside info on his new lady?

claymore
02-02-2010, 02:13 PM
Totally disagree. But if you have proof to the contrary i would like to see it. Im almost 40 and ive never laid a hand on a woman in a threatening manner.

I dont want to spend to much time looking into it. But alot of the violence doesnt get reported because its women beating men.... Here is one small tidbit from my first google search....

A study conducted in 1995 found that 31% of women surveyed admitted to having been physically assaulted by a husband or boyfriend.

Lonestar
02-02-2010, 02:15 PM
I will not condemn Marshall for his DWI, because I got one when I was 18 and had to get a waiver to go into the military, but if I sniff a beer I don't even touch keys to vehicles. He does suck for beating on women (which he has done multiple times). I don't expect NFL players to be morale compasses and mistake free but I do expect them to learn their lesson and remain clean after their first time. Even from his days at UCF, his name has been on the police blotter and the same since he's been in the NFL (not one offseason without being arrested) and this is what i condemn him for. How can you trust the guy especially when the next time he's going to hurt his team by not being on the field?? I guess if someone had a crystal ball and said he'll be a team player and clean from trouble for the rest of his career, I would be yelling at Mr. Bowlen to open his wallet!!

If he had not attended the NFL rookie seminar about the do's and do not's of what is expected of him and ALL players in the NFL, then I might be able to wink at the DUI that he got caught at. I'm also guessing that this was discussed at Dove valley, in the locker room and in their welcome to the broncos, as well as during TC each year.

Nomad it is one thing for an 18 year old to do something stupid as I'm guessing you did not have to attend a similar seminar. But for someone older and that has HAD to attend one it is beyond DUMB to do.

Thanks to you and your wife for your service.:salute:

claymore
02-02-2010, 02:15 PM
As far as i know Whatley was the only one to try and extort him. Do you have inside info on his new lady?

I dont know anything about her. Is he accused of hitting this one? I dont pay much attention to anything other than his trade value and statistics. He isnt my role model.

If he pushes Bowlen down the stairs, or hurts the value of the franchise I will hate him.

Northman
02-02-2010, 02:16 PM
I dont want to spend to much time looking into it. But alot of the violence doesnt get reported because its women beating men.... Here is one small tidbit from my first google search....

Whats the link for the study?

GEM
02-02-2010, 02:18 PM
He said it wasnt true. It was kind of a silly rumor as well.

Gem, I would say that those 2 things are probably the most common law violations in the US. Right next to speeding. Not saying its right, but that shit happens everyday.

I miss read it.

So we should accept it because it happens commonly? There's not a day that I will hold anyone less responsible for their actions because hey everybody does it.

And just because it happens commonly doesn't make it petty, it just means we have a lot more frigging idiots out there that don't know how to follow rules, keep their hands off their spouse and call a cab instead of endangering everyone else on the road.

Sorry if my pedestal is too high for expecting such things. :yardog:

Northman
02-02-2010, 02:19 PM
I dont know anything about her. Is he accused of hitting this one? I dont pay much attention to anything other than his trade value and statistics. He isnt my role model.

If he pushes Bowlen down the stairs, or hurts the value of the franchise I will hate him.

He's not my role model either. However, what he does off the field does effect many kids who look up to athletes and does effect whether he is "able" to play on the field if he gets suspended. We can say all night and day that kids dont need to look at these guys as idols but thats not the reality. Especially for kids who grow up in poor homes and all they have is their physical talent. To grow up and see how one behaves with women in a negative manner only allows the cycle to continue. The good news is that most NFL players arent beating their women and arent attitude problems.

claymore
02-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Whats the link for the study?

This is the one I copied.

http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/domviol/myths.htm

You will have to wade thru a bunch of Lawyers trying to get business and womens rights stuff.

I want to know the overall percentage of domestic violence. Not just the woman beater stuff.

claymore
02-02-2010, 02:26 PM
He's not my role model either. However, what he does off the field does effect many kids who look up to athletes and does effect whether he is "able" to play on the field if he gets suspended. We can say all night and day that kids dont need to look at these guys as idols but thats not the reality. Especially for kids who grow up in poor homes and all they have is their physical talent. To grow up and see how one behaves with women in a negative manner only allows the cycle to continue. The good news is that most NFL players arent beating their women and arent attitude problems.

Any kid that learns how to treat a woman from an athelete is screwed from the get go. I dont condone abuse. But it happens.

Northman
02-02-2010, 02:28 PM
This is the one I copied.

http://www.clarkprosecutor.org/html/domviol/myths.htm

You will have to wade thru a bunch of Lawyers trying to get business and womens rights stuff.

I want to know the overall percentage of domestic violence. Not just the woman beater stuff.

Having glanced at that and few others it seems that 30-40% covers all domestic violence including women on men and family related stuff. Thats still not a vast majority to which you were eluding too.

Northman
02-02-2010, 02:29 PM
Any kid that learns how to treat a woman from an athelete is screwed from the get go. I dont condone abuse. But it happens.

Again, no one says it doesnt happen. The point being made it isnt the norm.

claymore
02-02-2010, 02:31 PM
So we should accept it because it happens commonly? There's not a day that I will hold anyone less responsible for their actions because hey everybody does it.

And just because it happens commonly doesn't make it petty, it just means we have a lot more frigging idiots out there that don't know how to follow rules, keep their hands off their spouse and call a cab instead of endangering everyone else on the road.

Sorry if my pedestal is too high for expecting such things. :yardog:Didnt say that. Just said its common. And probably isnt going away anytime soon. And probably the majority of us here are guilty of one of these crimes, if not both.

Northman
02-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Didnt say that. Just said its common. And probably isnt going away anytime soon. And probably the majority of us here are guilty of one of these crimes, if not both.

Have you slapped around women?

claymore
02-02-2010, 02:35 PM
Again, no one says it doesnt happen. The point being made it isnt the norm.

The standard Ike vs Tina stuff isnt the norm. But I would say that some sort of assualt happens in every marriage at one point in time. Just like Driving drunk might not be the norm, but pretty much every person has done it at least once.

claymore
02-02-2010, 02:38 PM
Have you slapped around women?

No. But it doesnt have to be a slap. It can be a grab or a push... Or even a threatening F U

Northman
02-02-2010, 02:38 PM
The standard Ike vs Tina stuff isnt the norm. But I would say that some sort of assualt happens in every marriage at one point in time. Just like Driving drunk might not be the norm, but pretty much every person has done it at least once.

But unfortuantely Brandon has a continued pattern with different girls which is alarming.

GEM
02-02-2010, 02:41 PM
Didnt say that. Just said its common. And probably isnt going away anytime soon. And probably the majority of us here are guilty of one of these crimes, if not both.

Yep....I punched my ex husband in the face when he broke my nose for the 2nd time. Nope...I haven't drove drunk, I don't drink. The few times I do go to the bar or out, I have a ride home and most of the time I don't bother drinking because I don't like the feel of being drunk, it's a control thing.

pnbronco
02-02-2010, 02:41 PM

Not if your role model is someone like Mario Lemieux or Joe Sakic. How many times have we ever heard either of them getting into trouble? All I've ever heard of Joe talk about Debbie is with praise and devotion.

Lemieux has the heart you always hope your children find in themselves.
link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Lemieux

Playing only 915 out of a potential 1428 regular season NHL games, Lemieux's career was plagued by health problems. His numerous ailments included spinal disc herniation, Hodgkin's lymphoma, chronic tendinitis of a hip-flexor muscle, and chronic back pain so severe that other people had to tie his skates.[4] He has retired twice because of his health: first in 1997 after battling lymphoma (he returned in 2000), and for a second and final time in 2006, after being diagnosed with an atrial fibrillation.[3]. Despite his lengthy absences from the game, his play remained at a high level upon his return to the ice; he won the Hart Trophy and scoring title in 1995–96 after sitting out the entire previous season, and he was a finalist for the Hart when he made his comeback in 2000.

Lonestar
02-02-2010, 02:42 PM

Yet once or twice is a far cry from IIRC 27+ domestic dispute call out by the police. Over a few years, if she was a phsyco bitch then what the hell was wrong with him not to just get away from her.

The Only time I have laid hands on a family member was to wrap my arms around someone out of control, commonly referred to a HUG.

At no time were bruises left.

claymore
02-02-2010, 02:47 PM
Not if your role model is someone like Mario Lemieux or Joe Sakic. How many times have we ever heard either of them getting into trouble? All I've ever heard of Joe talk about Debbie is with praise and devotion.

Lemieux has the heart you always hope your children find in themselves.
link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Lemieux

Playing only 915 out of a potential 1428 regular season NHL games, Lemieux's career was plagued by health problems. His numerous ailments included spinal disc herniation, Hodgkin's lymphoma, chronic tendinitis of a hip-flexor muscle, and chronic back pain so severe that other people had to tie his skates.[4] He has retired twice because of his health: first in 1997 after battling lymphoma (he returned in 2000), and for a second and final time in 2006, after being diagnosed with an atrial fibrillation.[3]. Despite his lengthy absences from the game, his play remained at a high level upon his return to the ice; he won the Hart Trophy and scoring title in 1995–96 after sitting out the entire previous season, and he was a finalist for the Hart when he made his comeback in 2000.Not a hockey fan so Ive never heard of those guys. Ive just never looked up at sports guys as heroes. Family or great men that really sacrifice something. WW2 vets or something along thoise lines is always what ive looked up too.

Yet once or twice is a far cry from IIRC 27+ domestic dispute call out by the police. Over a few years, if she was a phsyco bitch then what the hell was wrong with him not to just get away from her.

The Only time I have laid hands on a family member was to wrap my arms around someone out of control, commonly referred to a HUG.

At no time were bruises left.
You are a good dude.

Not defending Marshall, just not condeming him. 27+ times is alot. But I think that female deserves some criticisim as well.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2010, 02:48 PM
But unfortuantely Brandon has a continued pattern with different girls which is alarming.

I know what you are saying, however, I don't believe that he was convicted. First, I absolutely do NOT condone physical abuse, regardless of what it is - regardless who is doing it. But we all know that it has been stated more than once that male athletes are also the target of "getting rich schemes" by women, upset because they were dumped - "an I'll get even approach by women", etc.

As far as I know, nothing has come out of what the woman accused Roethlisberger of early last year.

LordTrychon
02-02-2010, 02:48 PM

Rod Smith was by far our best WR ever. Best teammate, best overall player, best overall career.

Marshall, given a chance, would easily smoke him statistically if he stayed in Denver.

Smith had 2 100 catch seasons... his 6th and 7th if I'm not mistaken. Joined a fairly elite group of players to have back to back seasons like that.

Marshall has 3 in his first 4 years.

I can safely say that it's more of a 'you guys aren't on fire when it comes to drafting wideouts' than it is a 'Marshall is a once in 50 years type of player.'

I said 'for the Broncos'.

He's a 5 in 50 years sort of player though as of right now. To consistently catch that many passes in consecutive years... only been done by 4 others.

Um ok, thanks Miss Cleo. :lol:

lolz.

claymore
02-02-2010, 02:51 PM
Yep....I punched my ex husband in the face when he broke my nose for the 2nd time. Nope...I haven't drove drunk, I don't drink. The few times I do go to the bar or out, I have a ride home and most of the time I don't bother drinking because I don't like the feel of being drunk, it's a control thing.

Then you are maybe the 2nd person in my life that I have met that hasnt driven under the influence. Im betting Carol will be the third. :D

Where I come from its normal to drive with a tall boy. So I am far from innocent.

Your violence is of the Ike and TIna Sort. Kudos to you for being a strong Human, and breaking the cycle Gem.

Northman
02-02-2010, 02:57 PM
I know what you are saying, however, I don't believe that he was convicted. First, I absolutely do NOT condone physical abuse, regardless of what it is - regardless who is doing it. But we all know that it has been stated more than once that male athletes are also the target of "getting rich schemes" by women, upset because they were dumped - "an I'll get even approach by women", etc.

As far as I know, nothing has come out of what the woman accused Roethlisberger of early last year.

Again, you have to look at history. Ben doesnt have a history like Brandon does. Yes, some women look to gold dig but the problem for Brandon is because of his temper he makes himself an easy target. Regardless of what the woman's intention is you just cannot put your hands on her and slap her around. Its one thing to have one incident and learn from that experience. Its something else entirely when it starts becoming a trend and thats my concern with Marshall.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2010, 03:01 PM
Again, you have to look at history. Ben doesnt have a history like Brandon does. Yes, some women look to gold dig but the problem for Brandon is because of his temper he makes himself an easy target. Regardless of what the woman's intention is you just cannot put your hands on her and slap her around. Its one thing to have one incident and learn from that experience. Its something else entirely when it starts becoming a trend and thats my concern with Marshall.

Again, I understand, but I don't think that Brandon has ever been found guilty of this. I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

Northman
02-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Again, I understand, but I don't think that Brandon has ever been found guilty of this. I may be wrong, but I don't think so.

Which goes back to my point about not every athlete or celeb will be found guilty of a crime. Whatley had other motives which went against her in the trial. It was an easy decision for the judge at that point but there's been more than one incident involving physical abuse which doesnt involve Whatley. And considering most battered women dont press charges a conviction means really nothing here.

CoachChaz
02-02-2010, 03:04 PM
I dont think it's a bad thing to look up to athletes. The key is being raised properly enough to know which ones are worth looking up to.

Cal Ripken was always my idol. I'm a baseball junkie and an orioles fan, so I probably know more about him than he does. He epitomized my idea of what playing the game the right way means. But if at any point in my life I ever learned he was promiscuous or abusive...I dont think I'd have the same view of him as I do today.

If a kid looks up to an athlete, I think it's fine. As long as they dont try to mimic what that athlete does in his every day life.

claymore
02-02-2010, 03:10 PM
I dont think it's a bad thing to look up to athletes. The key is being raised properly enough to know which ones are worth looking up to.

Cal Ripken was always my idol. I'm a baseball junkie and an orioles fan, so I probably know more about him than he does. He epitomized my idea of what playing the game the right way means. But if at any point in my life I ever learned he was promiscuous or abusive...I dont think I'd have the same view of him as I do today.

If a kid looks up to an athlete, I think it's fine. As long as they dont try to mimic what that athlete does in his every day life.

I always Idolized my Brother. I never even thought of looking up to anyone else.

Lonestar
02-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Not a hockey fan so Ive never heard of those guys. Ive just never looked up at sports guys as heroes. Family or great men that really sacrifice something. WW2 vets or something along thoise lines is always what ive looked up too.

You are a good dude.

Not defending Marshall, just not condeming him. 27+ times is alot. But I think that female deserves some criticisim as well.

NO one is debating that women are perfect and he was the only part of it.

we all know that they are the weaker sex:D and need to be taken care of.

I was raised differently I guess that my girl was someone to be cherished and loved. When I saw that my first wife was abusive I divorced her once it became clear she could not change. She has since went through 3 other husbands.

I was young also when I got married the first time, tried to make it works over 11 years. But was smart the second time around going on 30 years now.

It is called maturity and upbringing. We all know he lacks the former and might someday get it, not sure about the up bringing.

But Clay it was not just this girl it was also his Fiance while they were out in public in ATL about a year ago now after PB. How many times has he abused her in private? The only reason the police were called on this one he was abusing/beating her in public and someone saw it and called it in.

Where there is smoke there is always fire. that is not brain surgery.

GEM
02-02-2010, 03:15 PM
Then you are maybe the 2nd person in my life that I have met that hasnt driven under the influence. Im betting Carol will be the third. :D

Where I come from its normal to drive with a tall boy. So I am far from innocent.

Your violence is of the Ike and TIna Sort. Kudos to you for being a strong Human, and breaking the cycle Gem.

It's easier not to drink and drive when you don't drink, I guess. :lol: I can't stand the taste of beer and I can't pay $6 for a shot. I'm screwed. :laugh:

I don't believe in taking other people's lives in my hands.

claymore
02-02-2010, 03:19 PM
NO one is debating that women are perfect and he was the only part of it.

we all know that they are the weaker sex:D and need to be taken care of.

I was raised differently I guess that my girl was someone to be cherished and loved. When I saw that my first wife was abusive I divorced her once it became clear she could not change. She has since went through 3 other husbands.

I was young also when I got married the first time, tried to make it works over 11 years. But was smart the second time around going on 30 years now.

It is called maturity and upbringing. We all know he lacks the former and might someday get it, not sure about the up bringing.

But Clay it was not just this girl it was also his Fiance while they were out in public in ATL about a year ago now after PB. How many times has he abused her in private? The only reason the police were called on this one he was abusing/beating her in public and someone saw it and called it in.

Where there is smoke there is always fire. that is not brain surgery.
Im sure Marshall isnt innocent. And I know it sounds crass, but I dont really care as long as it doesnt affect his playing time. Thats between him, Listerine Watson or whatever her name was and God. Its not really my business.

CoachChaz
02-02-2010, 03:20 PM
I always Idolized my Brother. I never even thought of looking up to anyone else.

But you are aware there are human beings that dont have anyone else to look up to idolize, right?

When it came to me and Ripken, I just wanted to play the game like him and let those standards carry over into other ares of my life. I dont think it's a stretch to understand that there are MANY people and children that need something like that because they have nothing else.

claymore
02-02-2010, 03:21 PM
It's easier not to drink and drive when you don't drink, I guess. :lol: I can't stand the taste of beer and I can't pay $6 for a shot. I'm screwed. :laugh:

I don't believe in taking other people's lives in my hands.

I was bread to drink, build fence and make genuinly poor decisions.

GEM
02-02-2010, 03:23 PM
I was bread to drink, build fence and make genuinly poor decisions.

Socks, Clay, don't forget about socks. :laugh:

claymore
02-02-2010, 03:24 PM
But you are aware there are human beings that dont have anyone else to look up to idolize, right?

When it came to me and Ripken, I just wanted to play the game like him and let those standards carry over into other ares of my life. I dont think it's a stretch to understand that there are MANY people and children that need something like that because they have nothing else.

I understand. Unfortunatley guys like Ripken are few and far between. You couldnt have picked a better guy.

claymore
02-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Socks, Clay, don't forget about socks. :laugh:

:drool:

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2010, 03:27 PM
Which goes back to my point about not every athlete or celeb will be found guilty of a crime. Whatley had other motives which went against her in the trial. It was an easy decision for the judge at that point but there's been more than one incident involving physical abuse which doesnt involve Whatley. And considering most battered women dont press charges a conviction means really nothing here.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=4216417

In doing research, I found the following link, which is a timeline of events. Unless I have missed something, Whatley was the only "apparent" victim, except for the following:

March 1, 2009: Marshall and his fiancée, Nogami-Campbell, were seen by an off-duty Atlanta police officer arguing outside the same Atlanta condo Marshall once shared with Watley. According to a police report of the incident, the off-duty officer saw Marshall and Nogami-Campbell kicking and punching one another on the sidewalk outside the condo building. The off-duty officer said she saw Marshall grab Nogami-Campbell by the shirt and pin her up against the wall. Nogami-Campbell continued to kick and hit Marshall, the officer said. Both Marshall and Nogami-Campbell were arrested and taken to the Atlanta City Jail. They were released later that same day and charges were dismissed. In a statement to ESPN, the NFL said the incident remains "under review."

And, the following in regards to Whatley:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12489895

While the Watleys were questioned about the details of the domestic incidents, ESPN did not ask them about two attorney-drafted letters that sought $500,000 from Marshall in one and $100,000 in the other. ESPN did report Watley's money request in exchange for not pressing charges.

"It's evident that this is clearly about money," Marshall said.

CoachChaz
02-02-2010, 03:34 PM
I understand. Unfortunatley guys like Ripken are few and far between. You couldnt have picked a better guy.

I would tend to disagree. i think there are alot of athletes that are good role models for young kids in both how they approach their profession and live their life. I think football may have fewer of these guys just because it's agame built on violence and basketball probably has even fewer due to what I see as a legitimate sterotype.

But I think there are more of them out there than we think. For every Bonds there is a Ripken...for every Marshall there is a Montana

claymore
02-02-2010, 03:39 PM
I would tend to disagree. i think there are alot of athletes that are good role models for young kids in both how they approach their profession and live their life. I think football may have fewer of these guys just because it's agame built on violence and basketball probably has even fewer due to what I see as a legitimate sterotype.

But I think there are more of them out there than we think. For every Bonds there is a Ripken...for every Marshall there is a Montana

Everybody is different. I feel bad for the kid that picked Marshall though.

CoachChaz
02-02-2010, 03:42 PM
Everybody is different. I feel bad for the kid that picked Marshall though.

Could be worse. There are probably kids that once picked Rae Carruth

Northman
02-02-2010, 03:43 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/otl/news/story?id=4216417

In doing research, I found the following link, which is a timeline of events. Unless I have missed something, Whatley was the only "apparent" victim, except for the following:

March 1, 2009: Marshall and his fiancée, Nogami-Campbell, were seen by an off-duty Atlanta police officer arguing outside the same Atlanta condo Marshall once shared with Watley. According to a police report of the incident, the off-duty officer saw Marshall and Nogami-Campbell kicking and punching one another on the sidewalk outside the condo building. The off-duty officer said she saw Marshall grab Nogami-Campbell by the shirt and pin her up against the wall. Nogami-Campbell continued to kick and hit Marshall, the officer said. Both Marshall and Nogami-Campbell were arrested and taken to the Atlanta City Jail. They were released later that same day and charges were dismissed. In a statement to ESPN, the NFL said the incident remains "under review."

And, the following in regards to Whatley:

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12489895

While the Watleys were questioned about the details of the domestic incidents, ESPN did not ask them about two attorney-drafted letters that sought $500,000 from Marshall in one and $100,000 in the other. ESPN did report Watley's money request in exchange for not pressing charges.

"It's evident that this is clearly about money," Marshall said.

Ive already explained all this. :lol:

claymore
02-02-2010, 03:44 PM
Could be worse. There are probably kids that once picked Rae Carruth

Or CLarette. That kids working at a gas station as we speak. :laugh:

CoachChaz
02-02-2010, 03:48 PM

If by "working" you mean holding it up...I agree

pnbronco
02-02-2010, 04:35 PM

Ryan Clady, Andra Davis, Daniel Graham, Ben Hamilton, Ryan Harris, Peyton Hillis, Elvis Dumervil, Andre Goodman Chris Kuper, Kenny Peterson, Matt Prater, Wesley Woodyard, Darrell Reid, Tony Schffler and I'm sure there more but these are the guys that I can think off the top of my head that active in Children's Charities and I have not heard of them being in trouble here in Denver.

e-Lou-sive1
02-02-2010, 04:57 PM
In sports most crimes are forgiveable and forgetable as time goes by.Just about every team has or had a player that has had some criminal action and we are no different.Brandon Marshall is still in the league because his alleged action didn't warrant a full suspension from the league.Originally he was suspended 3 games and then finally one so what kind of a punishment was that even JR.Smith is playing despite his friend being killed.Now Brandon Marshall doesn't seem that bad comparing other athletes.

Denver Native (Carol)
02-02-2010, 05:00 PM
In sports most crimes are forgiveable and forgetable as time goes by.Just about every team has or had a player that has had some criminal action and we are no different.Brandon Marshall is still in the league because his alleged action didn't warrant a full suspension from the league.Originally he was suspended 3 games and then finally one so what kind of a punishment was that even JR.Smith is playing despite his friend being killed.Now Brandon Marshall doesn't seem that bad comparing other athletes.

JR WAS suspended for this:

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_13227330

The NBA suspended J.R. Smith on Friday for seven games, a result of Smith's guilty plea this summer to reckless driving during a 2007 auto accident that killed his friend, Andre Bell.

Poet
02-02-2010, 05:19 PM

I believe he's still in prison.

Lonestar
02-02-2010, 05:20 PM
lest we all forget brandon and his friends (cousin) IIRC were the beginning of the incident that caused Darrent to be murdered.

Poet
02-02-2010, 05:29 PM

But he didn't do it again.

That's what most people ask for; a big mistake will always be there but it's forgivable. Today people are forgiving of murderers, basically anything short of rapists.

Lonestar
02-02-2010, 05:39 PM
But he didn't do it again.

That's what most people ask for; a big mistake will always be there but it's forgivable. Today people are forgiving of murderers, basically anything short of rapists.

add child molesters to the list

SmilinAssasSin27
02-02-2010, 06:50 PM
That's all you had to say. You don't care what he does off the field, you don't care that he doesn't care about the team's best interest, you just care that for about 14 games or so Marshall will be a good WR.

Nevermind the fact that he quit on his team twice this year. He basically wanted no part of playing in a game where your team had a outside shot of the playoffs if they won. He didn't want to come to camp and act like a pro so he knocked down balls and then punted them and forced McDaniel's to suspend him, which caused him to be rusty for the first part of the season.

You don't care that he consistently makes poor choices off the field. It doesn't matter that he got suspended because hey, it got reduced and it was only one game, right?

You don't care that he fell to you in the second round because he was an idiot before the NFL.

It's almost like you expect him to break the trend. Marshall is great at giving lip service. He's totally awesome at throwing charities or football camps and looking like a swell guy in front of a camera. Awesome, right? No, because he has yet to have a SINGLE season were he wasn't a huge distraction.

The notion that anyone is trying to get Bronco fans to dislike him is stupid. It's literally one of the most retarded things I have ever heard.

I remember this conversation: Oh come one, his girlfriend is insane, he didn't do anything. OH WTF HE GOT SUSPENDED ARIKIJEKJGDKSJGKLSDJGKLSJDGKLJSGDKLJGSKDLjgd

Oh come on, all we know is that he injured his wrist, he probably didn't do anything dumb. WTF HE SLIPPED ON A WRAPPER AND ACTED A FOOL?!?!? DLKGJLDKSJGSDKGKLSDNGKLNCXKLKDg

Oh come on, there's no way that Marshall actualyl was knocking down and punting balls at practice. OH WTF HE DID!??!?! SLKDJGKLDSJGKDSGKDSJGKLSDJGKSJDKG

Oh come on, there's no way a phantom hamstring injury is keeping him out and that cold air makes it hard for him to breathe...OH WTF DLKJGKLSDJGDGKSJDGKLSDJG

Time after time after time he craps on the franchise, but it doesn't matter because he gives that "aw shucks I didn't really hit her....that hard" smile and goes out and catches some balls. You convince yourself that he's grown up and is a new guy and then the next thing you know the Marshall supporters look like fools again.

Wash, rinse and repeat.

I'm almost 100% with ya, but he was NOT a giant douche prior to being drafted. On the contrary. He actually volunteered to play Safety in college to help the team.

Lonestar
02-02-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm almost 100% with ya, but he was NOT a giant douche prior to being drafted. On the contrary. He actually volunteered to play Safety in college to help the team.

IF that is indeed true then it seems it is the money that has corrupted him.

Even less reason to empower him to get even dumber than he already is.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

TXBRONC
02-03-2010, 09:18 AM

You're saying that having a bunch of lottery tickets is the same thing as having a value? If Denver gets a 1st and a third for Marshall in no way shape or mean that they got value for him. If those picks or do not pan out then no you didn't get value. Also if you take the picks and trade them for a another proven receiver and he doesn't pan out then you did not value.

CoachChaz
02-03-2010, 10:29 AM

All that means is that he's a football player that wants to be on the field and wants to win. As far as being a douche before the NFL...well, he somehow found a way to earn the "Baby TO" moniker when he was in college

Poet
02-03-2010, 11:31 AM
You're saying that having a bunch of lottery tickets is the same thing as having a value? If Denver gets a 1st and a third for Marshall in no way shape or mean that they got value for him. If those picks or do not pan out then no you didn't get value. Also if you take the picks and trade them for a another proven receiver and he doesn't pan out then you did not value.

But if a team trades for Marshall and the keeps this act up they didn't get their value, right?

TXBRONC
02-03-2010, 12:15 PM
But if a team trades for Marshall and the keeps this act up they didn't get their value, right?

It's amazing how you complain about Marshall when fact is Chris Henry was as bad if not worse (God rest his soul) he only started getting his act this year. If Marshall gives them same kind of production that we've gotten the last three years then hell yes they got value.

But really you missed the point if Marshall is traded way that a creates a hole in the receiving that has to be filled. Obviously if it can't be done through free agency or trade another known commodity then you have go to the draft right? Let's say Denver gets a 1st and a 3rd and they use one or both of those picks on a wide receiver and they don't pan out did Denver get value in return for Marshall? The answer would be no. Even if a draft pick pans out the chances he' not going to make an immediate and could be detrimental to McDaniels.

Poet
02-03-2010, 12:35 PM
It's amazing how you complain about Marshall when fact is Chris Henry was as bad if not worse (God rest his soul) he only started getting his act this year. If Marshall gives them same kind of production that we've gotten the last three years then hell yes they got value.

But really you missed the point if Marshall is traded way that a creates a hole in the receiving that has to be filled. Obviously if it can't be done through free agency or trade another known commodity then you have go to the draft right? Let's say Denver gets a 1st and a 3rd and they use one or both of those picks on a wide receiver and they don't pan out did Denver get value in return for Marshall? The answer would be no. Even if a draft pick pans out the chances he' not going to make an immediate and could be detrimental to McDaniels.
It's ironic because at one point Henry lost almost everything he had. He actually made a change in his life.

Marshall hasn't lost or paid anything for his wrongdoings.

If Marshall puts up the production that he's doing now but he keeps acting the way he does now they didn't get value. They got screwed by their own greed.

What's more detrimental, a star wideout who you can't count on and that does a great job of being a controversy or a young blossoming player?

e-Lou-sive1
02-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Chris Henry could not have changed that much otherwise he would not have been in the back of that truck under those circumstances. If George Karl can punish JR Smith and still keep him while getting a lot or no productivity out of him (on a game to game basis)why Can't Mc Daniels do the same with Marshall ?.The only difference is Marshall is usually and consistently productive with Pro Bowl numbers.It would be a big void to fill trading him and hoping that someone doesn't come around the same way or worse.Knowshon sat out until he received a contract he was happy with, the next person who fills Marshall position may sit out and Mc Daniels will probably not waste his time and let someone else pick him up.In this case nobody wins expect Marshall.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-03-2010, 04:26 PM
All that means is that he's a football player that wants to be on the field and wants to win. As far as being a douche before the NFL...well, he somehow found a way to earn the "Baby TO" moniker when he was in college

That was because of his combination of size and speed, not because of his attitude. Guys started calling him that when he was at the Aloha Bowl his senior year. It was a nickname scouts and pro guys gave him because of his abilities. Only since coming into the league has it turned into a "negative connotation" as it relates to him.

CoachChaz
02-03-2010, 04:31 PM
That was because of his combination of size and speed, not because of his attitude. Guys started calling him that when he was at the Aloha Bowl his senior year. It was a nickname scouts and pro guys gave him because of his abilities. Only since coming into the league has it turned into a "negative connotation" as it relates to him.

Really? So I guess while at UCF, the 2004 charges in Orlando for assaulting an officer, refusing to obey, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest were just made up

HORSEPOWER 56
02-03-2010, 04:35 PM
Really? So I guess while at UCF, the 2004 charges in Orlando for assaulting an officer, refusing to obey, disorderly conduct and resisting arrest were just made up

I didn't say that. I said the "Baby TO" nickname came from pro scouts his senior year. That's all. It had nothing to do with any off-field issues.

CoachChaz
02-03-2010, 04:40 PM
I didn't say that. I said the "Baby TO" nickname came from pro scouts his senior year. That's all. It had nothing to do with any off-field issues.

I'll take your word that you spoke with these scouts and they personally confirmed that his total "TO package" (body size and personality) had nothing to do with it. I wasnt personally there for those conversations.

The point of it all was that it wasnt like he didnt enter the draft without any baggage

HORSEPOWER 56
02-03-2010, 04:52 PM
I'll take your word that you spoke with these scouts and they personally confirmed that his total "TO package" (body size and personality) had nothing to do with it. I wasnt personally there for those conversations.

The point of it all was that it wasnt like he didnt enter the draft without any baggage

Rather than attempt to "challenge me" and say ridiculous things like I talked to all the scouts, blah, blah, blah can't you just accept that maybe, just maybe, I'm not pulling your leg on this one?

The year Marshall was drafted, his skill set was compared to TO who was at the time still the dominant #1 WR in the league. Scouts compared his combination of size, build, playmaking ability, and speed to TO's and so scouts and sports journalists like Jim Rome and Adam Schefter started calling him "Baby TO". That's all I said!

Poet
02-03-2010, 04:56 PM
Rather than attempt to "challenge me" and say ridiculous things like I talked to all the scouts, blah, blah, blah can't you just accept that maybe, just maybe, I'm not pulling your leg on this one?

The year Marshall was drafted, his skill set was compared to TO who was at the time still the dominant #1 WR in the league. Scouts compared his combination of size, build, playmaking ability, and speed to TO's and so scouts and sports journalists like Jim Rome and Adam Schefter started calling him "Baby TO". That's all I said!

Ok, that's fine.

NOW people call him baby TO because he's a really good WR who is a cancer.

CoachChaz
02-03-2010, 04:58 PM

...and my point is...his arrests happened BEFORE he was a senior and while Rome and Shefter used this moniker...so did others. When you take a guy that has TE size with WR speed and, oh by the way, has a history of being a troublemaker...the "TO" term was fitting. Maybe they didnt take his past into consideration...but ALOT of people did.

In fact, it was even stated then that it was a bit unfair because while TO was an ass...he never actually committed crimes

HORSEPOWER 56
02-03-2010, 05:04 PM
Ok, that's fine.

NOW people call him baby TO because he's a really good WR who is a cancer.

Fair enough. I find it hard to take seriously any Bengal fan who calls a Bronco player a "cancer".

As of now, your boy Maualuga has more sentenced jail time (even though it was suspended) and more convictions (1 as opposed to zero) than my boy Marshall.

Screw that Maualuga guy, he's an F'n cancer!

Don't get me started, would you like to discuss Odell Thurman, perhaps? Chris Henry (the real one, not the one that got the pity party and forgiveness now that he's dead)? Hell, just about any of the Bengals for the past 5 years?

HORSEPOWER 56
02-03-2010, 05:07 PM
...and my point is...his arrests happened BEFORE he was a senior and while Rome and Shefter used this moniker...so did others. When you take a guy that has TE size with WR speed and, oh by the way, has a history of being a troublemaker...the "TO" term was fitting. Maybe they didnt take his past into consideration...but ALOT of people did.

In fact, it was even stated then that it was a bit unfair because while TO was an ass...he never actually committed crimes

Neither has Marshall if you believe in innocent until proven guilty. Marshall has never done jail time. He's been convicted of a ton of stuff by the media and by Outside the Lines on E!SPN and even by the fans, but where are the convictions that prove it was any more than just he-said, she-said?

CoachChaz
02-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Neither has Marshall if you believe in innocent until proven guilty. Marshall has never done jail time. He's been convicted of a ton of stuff by the media and by Outside the Lines on E!SPN and even by the fans, but where are the convictions that prove it was any more than just he-said, she-said?

Fair enough. I always found it interesting how celebrities, athletes, rich people and "popular" people never get convicted though. It is what it is

HORSEPOWER 56
02-03-2010, 05:11 PM
Fair enough. I always found it interesting how celebrities, athletes, rich people and "popular" people never get convicted though. It is what it is

They sure as heck didn't have a problem convicting Michael Vick, and his defendants were dogs!

;)

Nomad
02-03-2010, 05:11 PM

But you gotta remember the court of law may not find him guilty but Goodell made it clear to Marshall that he doesn't want to hear his name in the police reports again and if so then he regret it!! And this is where it hurts the team on the field!!

CoachChaz
02-03-2010, 05:14 PM
They sure as heck didn't have a problem convicting Michael Vick, and his defendants were dogs!

;)

Actually...he did time for conducting interstate gambling...not for animal cruelty. That made his offense of the Federal kind...not a local or state misdemeanor

jrelway
02-03-2010, 05:16 PM

:salute:

HORSEPOWER 56
02-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Actually...he did time for conducting interstate gambling...not for animal cruelty. That made his offense of the Federal kind...not a local or state misdemeanor

I know, but the thought of canines on the stand makes me giggle... :lol:

CoachChaz
02-03-2010, 05:19 PM
I know, but the thought of canines on the stand makes me giggle... :lol:

Well, if they can sit around and play poker long enough for a painting, then they can damn well take the stand

Poet
02-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Fair enough. I find it hard to take seriously any Bengal fan who calls a Bronco player a "cancer".

I find it hard to take you seriously in general.

As of now, your boy Maualuga has more sentenced jail time (even though it was suspended) and more convictions (1 as opposed to zero) than my boy Marshall.
Maualuga's stupid ass got a DUI. He was lucky to not get more than that and I actually do think less of him because of it.

Screw that Maualuga guy, he's an F'n cancer!

See, this is where you actually lose me. I've called Marshall a cancer for the off the field issues and the on the field issues. You can't really address the on the field ones, and even though Marshall's pattern of behavior that spans YEARS pretty much tells you that he's not a good guy, you don't care. Which is fine, but don't try to sell me that crap. If you get arrested that much and your name comes up that much, you're doing shit. I'm not saying that his ex-girlfriends were angels or up to any good, but the difference between you and I is that you try to excuse their shit and I go "yeah, that's wrong."

So don't go down that alley.

Don't get me started

Ok, because I find this humorous, consider yourself "started."

would you like to discuss Odell Thurman, perhaps?

Sure, let's discuss Odell. He was a talented linebacker who in his rookie year played great. He had a chance to be an elite player. He had great tackling ability, great instincts, was awesome in coverage, could force a lot of turnovers and was a sideline to sideline player.

He had a drinking problem. He drank himself out of the league via DUI and then I believe he violated parole by drinking when he was caught in a SUV that belonged to (don't quote me on this because I'm not sure) Reggie McNeal, another awesome character guy.

His grandmother died around the time he was getting his final shot and he didn't return to Cincinnati in time for his training camp deadline. He hasn't been reinstated back into the NFL.

I feel a modicum of sadness for him because his life was tough.

I don't make excuses for him. I don't particularly think he was screwed by Goodell. I am happy that he is playing well in the UFL. The fact that he was able to salvage his life to a certain extent makes me happy because he currently isn't a thug.

That one backfired on you.

Chris Henry (the real one, not the one that got the pity party and forgiveness now that he's dead)? Hell, just about any of the Bengals for the past 5 years?
And this is where you really screwed up. The real Chris Henry that didn't get in trouble for two years, worked his ass off to get back into football. The same one that did everything the team told him to do, even so far as to have help managing his money and get help in regards to moving to a better neighbor and surronding himself with family and friends? The same one who left a lot of the former bad people in his life out?

You really make me laugh. I don't cheer for Brandon Marshall to screw up. The difference is that I'm attached to reality. I know better than to think 'well uhh no convictions' = not doing shit. It'd be nice for Marshall to actually get his head on right. But with him it's one thing or another.

The difference between Marshall and Henry is that at one point Henry paid the price for his actions. No one's made Marshall do that.

Here's the best part, are you ready for it? I'll just go "screw off the field crap, it only matters what they do on the field." Marshall still sucks because he isn't good for you on the field. Sure, he can do amazing things on the gridiron, but you can't count on him. He's just a phantom hammy or a gasp of cold air away from not playing ball. He's a head coach that doesn't pamper his spoiled ass away from being a cancer. Oh wait, he had issues with Shanahan as well, right?

Defending Marshall is laughable.

The thing is, let's say from this point on he gets his head right. A few years from now people will still criticise him but I won't. I very much believe in redemption and I very much believe in second chances. I believe in people and I believe that piling on someone doesn't help the situation.

But what's worse than all of that is giving someone a free pass because they can ball on the field. All that does is perpetuate their actions and encourage others to do so. The next thing you know Marshall is somehow a victim and "THE MEDIA IS TRYING TO MAKE DENVER FANS HATE HIM."

:lol:

I'm probably harsher on my own players than I am on yours. Leon Hall got a DUI and hasn't had any issues since. I consider that a second chance.

But trust me, on the Bengals sites I post on plenty of people have your same attitude and we clash there. I'm not just picking on your Broncos. Oh, and BTW, there's a thread about acquiring Marshall, and I don't want him in Cincinnati.

At least until he gets his head straight.

Lonestar
02-03-2010, 06:41 PM
Good job King, at being objective.

Many of our folks do not care what scum bags we have on the team, IF they produce.

We have all seen the numerous thugs and scum bags brought in to right a sinking ship, the list was long and notorious and the amount of dead cap space killed us from signing decent players.

I for one would rather pay a Doom the money than waste it on a player that most likely will screw the pooch even more once he has a guarantee nest egg in the bank. If he can get into trouble (immaturity) with 2.2 mil just think of all the mischief he can get into at 6+mil a year.

I do not want to risk 30 mil guaranteed on one police report from being suspended AGAIN.

sure when he is on the field except for a couple situations like the glovegate potential that Brandon S saved his ass on. or the sulking on the sidelines early this year because he was not getting on the field.

Or the kicking the ball and dropping catches in TC that got his ass suspend and BTW because of that he did not getting touches in TC/Pre season that lead to him not being on the fiedl the first few games.

My how soon we forget those small things the MINUTE he has a monster game. SO he has the single games receiving record. Will that be enough after his next arrest and he gets 8+ weeks suspension. WHo is going to pick up the load then.

Had this maroon not pulled the the air is to cold to practice in or my hammy is sore routine MOST of us would have said he got it and is on the road to the recovery.

There was not ONE fan that was not estatic over his TD catch and bear hug with Josh early in the season. With the pronouncement that all was well between them. All it took to flush that down the toilet was cold air and I don't think I can play in the most pivotal game of the year comments.

The kid had all he wanted in money from Pat and Josh until he screwed the pooch AGAIN.

Please do not use the he played hurt last year because he was cleared by the doctors crap. He wanted to pad his stats or he would have seen another Doctor sooner. HE wanted to play in the Pro bowl. He wanted the contract that mike promised him last year. If it was that big an issue he or his agent would have gotten to a doctor earlier.

Do not tell me that a slightly tweaked Hammy is on the same scale as the HIP supposedly was.

This is all about ME and not about the team.

I'm tired of folks making excuses for players JUST because they have good stats and show up from time to time. NO one is irreplaceable on a team, even Farve was in GB and Manning will be when he goes. Not always pretty but they move on to others.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-03-2010, 06:58 PM
I still don't believe that he was benched because of his sore hammy. I think he was benched because he was late to therapy for said hammy and McDaniels was just taking a page out of 'ol Hoodie's playbook. Bellicheat had already sent home/suspended some guys for being late earlier in the year.

Hell, even McDaniels said it was in the past and had been worked out or something to that effect when questioned about it last week. McDaniels is making it sound like water under the bridge. Who the hell knows now, anyway.

Frankly, I just don't care anymore. Trade him, keep him, whatever. It's not going to matter this season anyway.

Poet
02-03-2010, 08:25 PM
I still don't believe that he was benched because of his sore hammy. I think he was benched because he was late to therapy for said hammy and McDaniels was just taking a page out of 'ol Hoodie's playbook. Bellicheat had already sent home/suspended some guys for being late earlier in the year.

Hell, even McDaniels said it was in the past and had been worked out or something to that effect when questioned about it last week. McDaniels is making it sound like water under the bridge. Who the hell knows now, anyway.

Frankly, I just don't care anymore. Trade him, keep him, whatever. It's not going to matter this season anyway.
I was really hoping to see you retort.

HORSEPOWER 56
02-03-2010, 09:09 PM
I was really hoping to see you retort.

My retort is simply this, I don't go to the Bengals MB and talk shit about douchebag Bengals players, so your opinion means pretty much ZIP to me about my team. I'm glad other Broncos fans appreciate your "keen insight" on Marshall's "cancerous" actions, but I really, truly, sincerely could give a damn less what fans from another team think.

That's it.

Poet
02-03-2010, 09:15 PM
My retort is simply this, I don't go to the Bengals MB and talk shit about douchebag Bengals players, so your opinion means pretty much ZIP to me about my team. I'm glad other Broncos fans appreciate your "keen insight" on Marshall's "cancerous" actions, but I really, truly, sincerely could give a damn less what fans from another team think.

That's it.
:lol:

If it means anything to you, Ryan Clady is the probably the best LT in football, Champ Bailey is a first ballot HOFer, Elvis Dumvervil is going to be a monster as long as he stays at LB and I'm a big fan of Brian Dawkins.

But, feel free to go to a Bengals website and talk crap about some of our players. We could start a "this is why Larry Johnson" is a douchebag thread together. :lol::lol:

Lonestar
02-03-2010, 10:22 PM
sounds as thought someone got their butt kicked and now is resorting to "I do not cares.."

56crash
01-03-2011, 10:44 PM
Thing is we need to turn over almost all the roster . To implement this new scheme but you don't throw away players that works . It adds to the time of the rebuild .

next I am going to get a yayhoo tell me we are not in a total rebuild.. that should be relay rich.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman

What trouble has he been in as of late ? he is now of the age were you grow up and it dawns on you that it is time to get with it .

You pay him just money last season Marshall would of been the perfect player as always. When did the broncos become the Bengals ?

56crash
View Public Profile
Find all posts by 56crash
Add 56crash to Your Contacts

#112 02-02-2010, 10:56 AM
56crash
Member Join Date: May 2008

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northman

So they grow beast on trees is what you are saying ... nice I will take two beast one in the first round and one in the 3rd ...dang that was easy..

56crash
View Public Profile

#113 02-02-2010, 11:07 AM
56crash

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by King87

nope it means you are becoming the Lions and Bengals

56crash
View Public Profile

#114 02-02-2010, 11:14 AM
56crash

I got in trouble for these wonderfull post.... I said I would never post at this jiont again LMAO russia would be so proud of this joint ! I was told I flamed ..to hell I say:elefant::elefant::elefant:

BeefStew25
01-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Are you on meth?

camdisco24
01-03-2011, 11:04 PM
:welcome:

:deadhorse:

atwater27
01-03-2011, 11:26 PM
Are you on meth?

After reading his post, I feel like I am on Meth.

Buff
01-03-2011, 11:34 PM
Sweet, so Marshall might stay afterall?