PDA

View Full Version : Javon Walker is now a Raider

RiversSucks
03-04-2008, 10:11 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3277219

Wide receiver Javon Walker, released by the Denver Broncos on Friday, agreed to a deal with the division-rival Oakland Raiders on Tuesday, a source told ESPN.com's Michael Smith.

The terms of the deal call for Walker to receive a six-year, $55 million contract that includes more than $16 million in guarantees and pays him roughly $27 million over the first three years of the deal.

SR
03-04-2008, 10:13 PM
Jesus Jones. I guess if any team is dumb enough to pay him, it should be the Raiders. Problem is they don't have a QB to get him the ball.

Buff
Well, if I never really liked the guy in a Broncos uniform, it'll be really easy to dislike him in Silver n Black...

Drill-N-Fill
Good for him. Kind of surprised he got that much money from any team. And thats why the Raiders are the Raiders.

BeefStew25
03-04-2008, 10:15 PM
His knee is on borrowed time.

SR
03-04-2008, 10:20 PM
On the same day Sapp retired too.

frauschieze
03-04-2008, 10:20 PM
:jaw:

:pound:

Snapping Turtle
03-04-2008, 10:21 PM
UGH. I CANT BELIEVE I BOUGHT HIS JERSEY. :mad: :mad: :mad:

JONtheBRONCO
03-04-2008, 10:23 PM
And now for a new member on the top of my "Biggest D-bags and most hated" in the NFL, Javon "jerkoff" Walker. Good for him, he'll fit right into Oakland. Have fun getting past Champ with that knee...

I'll go ahead and cross my fingers and fantasize about Lynch laying Walker out over the middle. PLEASE, football gods, let this happen.

nevcraw
03-04-2008, 10:25 PM
The divisional rivals are heating up again.. Chargers w/ River's drunken frat boy mouth and Javon's He Hate Me attitutude.
It is quite aparent now Javon only cares about the money.. He could have signed with a winning team but is willing to go to the NFL version of hell to get paid..

Stand Ablaze
03-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Was this so important that it had to be on ESPNEWS Breaking News ticker?

:laugh:

BOSSHOGG30
03-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Walker = Quitterson

NameUsedBefore
03-04-2008, 10:33 PM
His Broncos-respect stock just plummeted! SELL SELL SELL!

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-04-2008, 10:34 PM
if the raiders signed him, he definitely wouldnt have helped us this year. hell moss couldnt even produce there. i love the raiders front office and al davis they are going to suck even more.

BOSSHOGG30
03-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Jagone and Quitterson

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-04-2008, 10:45 PM
Jagone and Quitterson

hey i wouldnt mind seeing huff in a bronco uniform, and its not like we dont trade with the faiders. do you have any info on him talking to teams

frauschieze
03-04-2008, 10:51 PM
Jagone and Quitterson

Jagone. I like it! :laugh:

BOSSHOGG30
03-04-2008, 10:52 PM
hey i wouldnt mind seeing huff in a bronco uniform, and its not like we dont trade with the faiders. do you have any info on him talking to teams

The last thing I saw is that two league sources said that Oakland is putting Huff on the trading block. I guess they are already considering him a bust. He only has 1 interception in 30 games or something close to that. Huff plays SS for Oakland, but his natural position is FS.

Drill-N-Fill
03-04-2008, 10:54 PM
The last thing I saw is that two league sources said that Oakland is putting Huff on the trading block. I guess they are already considering him a bust. He only has 1 interception in 30 games or something close to that. Huff plays SS for Oakland, but his natural position is FS.

Wasn't it Huff that they picked up instead of Linert or Cutler?

JONtheBRONCO
03-04-2008, 10:58 PM
Here's some entertainment, caught this on a Raiders message board. Tell me what you guys think, LOL!

Thread: Why are you guys so excited about Javon Walker?

Responses:

Not hurting at all. If you think his contract does not have a "dont play, don't get paid" clause in it, you are bonkers. Get with the program. If Walker can have a good season with the pathetic Cutler, then he will have a HOF season wtih Russell !!! Book it

If J. Walker and Russell can establish a good connection it will be exciting to watch. One more WR in the Draft and we aren't looking half as bad as when Porter took off. Can't wait to see Russell tear it up next year.

I think the fact that he is the best receiver weve had since Tim Brown is good enough to get Raider fans excited The best WR is our division easy

SBboundBRONCOS
03-04-2008, 10:58 PM
i see how he fits in much better over there rather than with our offense . . . . . . . actually i dont he was just bitter about playing second fiddle and to busy being in denial about his knee

SBboundBRONCOS
03-04-2008, 11:00 PM
Here's some entertainment, caught this on a Raiders message board. Tell me what you guys think, LOL!

Responses:

Not hurting at all. If you think his contract does not have a "dont play, don't get paid" clause in it, you are bonkers. Get with the program. If Walker can have a good season with the pathetic Cutler, then he will have a HOF season wtih Russell !!! Book it

If J. Walker and Russell can establish a good connection it will be exciting to watch. One more WR in the Draft and we aren't looking half as bad as when Porter took off. Can't wait to see Russell tear it up next year.

I think the fact that he is the best receiver weve had since Tim Brown is good enough to get Raider fans excited The best WR is our division easy

how do you put a dont play dont get paid clause in there when the man is guaranteed 20+ million dollars :lol:

russel better than cutler :shocked::confused::lol:

Stand Ablaze
03-04-2008, 11:03 PM

Responses:

Wow!

That made me laugh. Sometimes homers just take it to a whole 'nother level.

AlWilsonizKING
03-04-2008, 11:05 PM
Walker = Quitterson

I thought that name was saved for Eddie Quitterson.....;) hehehe

This is just another reason to hate the Faiders...:mad:

PEACE!!!

D1g1tal j1m
03-04-2008, 11:11 PM
This is why I love professional sports. One year a player on your team can be the best player you ever traded for and then you go out and buy his jersey. A few years go by and all of a sudden he signs with a rival and now in your eyes he is a washed up bum.

It's the greatest.

broncosfanscott
03-04-2008, 11:12 PM
I was stunned when I saw the ticker at the bottom of NFLN. Not surprised somebody signed him, however the amount they paid him isn't what I would have expected. We'll see how this goes with whoever they have throwing back there. I mean Walker alternates good years with bad ones, so according to the trend he is due for a prove others wrong season and then get injured again.

I liked Walker when he was a Bronco, however now that he is a Raider and the fact that he all of a sudden didn't want to play for us because he got injured and saw Marshall light things up, I will be delighted to boo him.

Nature Boy
03-04-2008, 11:14 PM
Man, if one knee Javon gets that kind of money... I can't wait to see what Brandon Marshall will be asking for this time next year after he ends the year with 100+ catches and 1500yds. yikes!

BOSSHOGG30
03-04-2008, 11:19 PM
Raiders are jacking up the prices for DT and WR like Nate Clements did CB's. This is getting out of hand. Our ticket prices will keep going up if the NFL doesn't get it's salary cap under control.

All this means is less Blue collar fans can afford to attend the games and the stadiums will be filled with White collar fans who could really care less if the game is won or loss.

ikillz0mbies
03-04-2008, 11:25 PM
One thing to point out is that the Raiders paid BIG money for Walker, well they basically just paid a knee-less Walker. Its funny how Walkers knee is all screwed up and his name is "WALK"er. Anyway, they also signed Kwame Harris. What does that tell you about Al Davis? Spend gigantic money on a one legged WR and sign a bust of a tackle to a multi year deal. I'm thinking Walker signed with them so he can "hurt" the Broncos when the teams play, just a way of revenge.

gobroncsnv
03-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Sounds like he's doing his darndest to follow in Moss' footsteps... Leave an NFC North team, eventually be a Raider. Prove NOTHING while he's there? We'll see...

broncosfanscott
03-04-2008, 11:36 PM
Now that he is a Raider, I know for sure he will regret leaving like that other me WR we all know.

LoyalSoldier
03-04-2008, 11:41 PM

That's why you get jerseys of players who have been with the Broncos for at least 7 years. That way if they leave you can still have an excuse to wear it.

Superchop 7
03-04-2008, 11:48 PM
Looks like Al Davis has learned the trick of making money via the cap.

Chidoze
03-04-2008, 11:48 PM
I didnt think anyone would sign him to a bigger contract than he had with the Broncos.....leave it to the Raiders UGH! :yuck:

And obviously he doesnt care about winning.....:rofl:

Nature Boy
03-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Nothing wrong with owning the jersey of a former player. Should that player go on to become a HOFer, you can pull that thing out in 20 years and sport it proudly as a vintage jersey as an old school fan of your favorite team and a great player that once played in your fav team.

Italianmobstr7
03-05-2008, 12:12 AM
Screw Javon Walker. He's sucks. I hope he suffers in Oakland. What a traitor.

Krugan
03-05-2008, 12:13 AM
Now we gotta hope that he doesnt get healthy and light us up next season.

Its amazing to read these resopnses, I myself wanted him gone, but realise the guy has some talent and we all should be unhappy he signed in division.

Day1BroncoFan
03-05-2008, 12:16 AM
So, Javon is a traider... uh Raider now huh?

Chidoze
03-05-2008, 12:17 AM
Now we gotta hope that he doesnt get healthy and light us up next season.

Its amazing to read these resopnses, I myself wanted him gone, but realise the guy has some talent and we all should be unhappy he signed in division.
That's why we got Champ and Bly holding down the outside.......oh wait our DLine sucks.

Nevermind.....:rolleyes:

nj10
03-05-2008, 12:18 AM
And now for a new member on the top of my "Biggest D-bags and most hated" in the NFL, Javon "jerkoff" Walker. Good for him, he'll fit right into Oakland. Have fun getting past Champ with that knee...

I'll go ahead and cross my fingers and fantasize about Lynch laying Walker out over the middle. PLEASE, football gods, let this happen.

Well you know Champ likes to make tackles around the knees ;)

nj10
03-05-2008, 12:22 AM
Nothing wrong with owning the jersey of a former player. Should that player go on to become a HOFer, you can pull that thing out in 20 years and sport it proudly as a vintage jersey as an old school fan of your favorite team and a great player that once played in your fav team.

I disagree...I now feel the same way about Javon Walker as I feel about Bill Romo the homo

OB
03-05-2008, 12:24 AM
Well ive stuck up for him nut after this move he is dead to me :tsk:

shank
03-05-2008, 12:33 AM
Well ive stuck up for him nut after this move he is dead to me :tsk:

i feel the same way, but can't help to see the humor. javon got what he wanted (if russell can manage to get him the ball).

i wanted him around if we could have managed it, was pissed that we got nothing in return (still am), and have a new enemy in walker as a raider. he gave me a reason to hate him as much as some of these other posters around here do... can anyone say eddie kennison jr? :lol:

the boo birds will migrate twice a year!

LoyalSoldier
03-05-2008, 12:38 AM
My question is didn't he learn anything from Randy Moss?

Lonestar
03-05-2008, 12:40 AM
$16 million in guarantees and pays him roughly $27 million over the first three years of the deal

I hope he banks it well.. cause he'll never see the second 3 years..

al is baiting mikey one more time.. I hope mikey still has something left to make him eat crow..

I would take the 16 mil and set up some really good investments.. Even he he does not plays down he is ahead..

jrelway
03-05-2008, 01:08 AM
**** that guy. we play them twice, more chances to light his ass up.

JONtheBRONCO
03-05-2008, 01:49 AM
Raiders are jacking up the prices for DT and WR like Nate Clements did CB's. This is getting out of hand. Our ticket prices will keep going up if the NFL doesn't get it's salary cap under control.

All this means is less Blue collar fans can afford to attend the games and the stadiums will be filled with White collar fans who could really care less if the game is won or loss.

Yes, yes, and more yes. Double salute. Vince Lombardi once said something along the lines of this (not an exact quote), "If you ever have to question the game and how hard you play it, then play hard for the 9-5 working man in the nose bleed section who spent his money to watch you play.'

Absolutely absurd how high the prices are jacked. Most people dream of going to see an NFL game, but can't afford it. I hope this gets under control, or sooner or later we're going to be seeing regular season games as a celebrity event, just like the Superbowl. i can only hope.

PatricktheDookie
03-05-2008, 02:04 AM
lol@raiders

shank
03-05-2008, 02:15 AM

it's already like this to a great extent. i am freaking die-hard and didn't get a chance to attend a game until 06 when we played the seahawks. i was going nuts the whole game (as was my friend who is a bears fan, and my other friend who doesn't even like football (she's a girl, and i couldn't find anyone else to take the 3rd ticket)). there were like 2 other die-hards anywhere around me and everyone else were either clappers or they were completely unreactive to the game, couldn't give a shit. and this is in the south stands!! :eek::eek:we were down by 6 near the end of the game, with tons of time left and half the stadium got up and walked out.

it was an eye opener that things have gone terribly wrong.

Timmy!
03-05-2008, 02:33 AM
:lol::laugh::rofl::heh::loco:

SoCoPoCo
03-05-2008, 03:25 AM
Wow! That's a ton of money to pay someone with a questionable knee - figures it would be the Raiders to pay it. Damn, they're breaking the bank this offseason...makes you figure the ol' Cryptkeeper himself may be realizing he doesn't have too many games left - if you know what I mean.

Stupid question time - since Walker still counts against our cap and he signed this amazingly good deal, does he actually get paid by both teams? Sorry, just not too sure how that works.

TIA!

Stargazer
03-05-2008, 03:47 AM
does he actually get paid by both teams? Sorry, just not too sure how that works.

TIA!

No he does not.

Stargazer
03-05-2008, 03:48 AM
Good for Javon finding a team to pay him big money.

atwater27
03-05-2008, 04:17 AM
Oh my God what a total prize this is...... The Raiders massively, embarassingly overpay for damaged goods, and a bitter receiver that hates the Broncos simply because a budding superstar passed him like he was standing still on the depth chart hatefully throws himself at a division rival. This is so rich and wonderful! Al Davis is going to get egg all over his face yet again; when Champ picks off a pass for a score while covering Walker twice in a season. He may just have a stroke in his booth while watching Bailey high stepping into the end zone, staring up at the booth, bringing his index finger to his lips and saying.... shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Stargazer
03-05-2008, 04:26 AM
hatefully throws himself at a division rival.

What?

Javon scored payday in Oakland.

Retired_Member_001
03-05-2008, 05:43 AM
Javon will get 30-40 catches in Chokeland, no more. He'll be a big bust and will be moaning like a little biotch next off-season again. He will then be traded to a 49ers where his injuries finally catch up to him.

I mean how did a poor kid turn out to be such an unappreciative idiot? Going to the Raiders.

I gaurantee that Javon will say that JaMarcus Russell is a better QB than Jay Cutler.

claymore
03-05-2008, 08:03 AM
55 Million dollars. Unreal.

Dean
03-05-2008, 09:06 AM
There is a saying in coaching that you get what you deserve. Well, Jovan got what he deserves- a chance to serve his time as a Raider.

P.S. Now that I think about it the Raiders deserve both him and that new contract.

Superchop 7
03-05-2008, 09:25 AM
There is a saying in coaching that you get what you deserve. Well, Jovan got what he deserves- a chance to serve his time as a Raider.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______

What he got was a boatload of cash.

Good for him.

I remember what he went through.

The fact that he's taking Raider money and cap space........poetic.

Hobe
03-05-2008, 09:35 AM

I understand there are always seats available at faiders games. :confused:

Greasy Al is such a mean spirited old geezer that I would not be surprised if he did things just to try and screw up the NFL.

Bronco Bible
03-05-2008, 09:41 AM
Maybe it's just me but I hate seeing former Broncos twice a year, you never know how they will approch the game JMO:coffee:

claymore
03-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Maybe it's just me but I hate seeing former Broncos twice a year, you never know how they will approch the game JMO:coffee:

No way he makes it thru the whole year. I am now glad he didnt get that surgery.

Bronco Bible
03-05-2008, 09:52 AM
A person can pnly hope your right Clay:eek:

NightTrainLayne
03-05-2008, 10:05 AM
I can't blame Javon for taking the money. Anybody else would. He's very lucky to get such a lucrative deal.

I just have to laugh at the Raiders overpaying for him, even if he is healthy. He's going to have to have a career year to justify those numbers imo.

claymore
03-05-2008, 10:09 AM
The raiders are going to lead the league in dead cap space in 2 years. I think Al davis is trying to spend it all before he croakes.

BOSSHOGG30
03-05-2008, 10:10 AM
We signed Walker to a very similar deal: "The Broncos and wide receiver Javon Walker have reached agreement on the parameters of a new five-year, $42 million contract that includes close to $15 million worth of guaranteed money in options and bonuses, and just over $24 million in the contract's first three years."

It is funny how the Raider fans think they protected themselves anymore than we did when we signed him.

GEM
03-05-2008, 10:17 AM
How could any of us be upset with this deal. It's really the best revenge. :D

And he thought he was unhappy in Denver.....he don't know Al vewy well, do he?

Rex
03-05-2008, 10:24 AM
His arthritic knee and attitude will fit in well in Oakland.

BOSSHOGG30
03-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Champ and Bly should be tearing up this division. If you had to rank the WR talent in the AFC West, it would be pretty weak.

Brandon Marshall is probably #1
Dwayne Bowe #2?
Chris Chambers #3?
after that you have some pretty questionable guys.

Vincent Jackson? Javon Walker? Ronald Curry?

Medford Bronco
03-05-2008, 11:00 AM
Now he can go and be a cancer on that team to help us.

Good Riddance Javon, you crybaby.

you cried out of GB and Denver

I wonder how long before you cry out of Oak :confused:

twelfth woman
03-05-2008, 11:16 AM
It reminds me of when Eddie Kennison went to go play for KC. Look what happened to him!

At least we got the good years our of Walker:cool:

G_Money
03-05-2008, 11:18 AM
I'm curious - how much more money did Al Davis spend to sign Javon as a FA instead of trading a 4th round pick to us and picking up his current salary package?

Is that like a 25 million dollar 4th round pick?

~G

NightTrainLayne
03-05-2008, 11:22 AM
I'm curious - how much more money did Al Davis spend to sign Javon as a FA instead of trading a 4th round pick to us and picking up his current salary package?

~G

I had the same thought cross my mind. Strange move indeed.

HolyDiver
03-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Champ and Bly should be tearing up this division. If you had to rank the WR talent in the AFC West, it would be pretty weak.

Brandon Marshall is probably #1
Dwayne Bowe #2?
Chris Chambers #3?
after that you have some pretty questionable guys.

Vincent Jackson? Javon Walker? Ronald Curry?

There is no probably about it...............Marshall is one of the top three in the entire league.

turftoad
03-05-2008, 12:30 PM
Some of you guys are forgetting how good Walker is when healthy.
I, for one, and not looking forward to facing him twice a year.

MileHighWrath
03-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Good for JWalk. LMFAO @ raiders.

I expect that Javon will be doing more for the Broncos while on the raiders payroll than he did while he was on the Broncos payroll last year, while hitting the fade's cap hard for the next few years.

How's that knee Javon?

ROFLMAO

MileHighWrath
03-05-2008, 12:33 PM

LAst three seasons he's only been effective in one

BOSSHOGG30
03-05-2008, 12:34 PM

You are forgetting why we pay Champ Bailey such great money to cover opposing teams #1 receivers. It's a little less stressful knowing Champ is back there.

Now if we had Roc Alexander as a starter... then it would be a different story.

GEM
03-05-2008, 12:43 PM

~G

What a way to stick it to us Al. :laugh:

atwater27
03-05-2008, 12:48 PM

I think you are giving his knee and the Raiders offense too much credit, and champ not enough credit.

BroncoJoe
03-05-2008, 12:49 PM

A perfect reason why I will NEVER buy a player's jersey. Well, at least not until they retire with the team, i.e. Elway

BOSSHOGG30
03-05-2008, 01:03 PM
The Broncos took a chance on a guy who was coming off his first major injury, and supposedly wanted a fresh start. Worth a shot. The Raiders, on the other hand, are overpaying a proven malcontent who's afraid of competition and now has two serious injuries on his resume. Big difference.

LONG LIVE AL!

MileHighWrath
03-05-2008, 01:17 PM
Long Live Al

Dreadnought
03-05-2008, 01:56 PM
You are forgetting why we pay Champ Bailey such great money to cover opposing teams #1 receivers. It's a little less stressful knowing Champ is back there.

Now if we had Roc Alexander as a starter... then it would be a different story.

Dear BossHogg - I am begging you not to use the name Roc Alexander in any way, shape, context, or form. Ever. I get the cold sweats and have trouble sleeping when I am reminded of him. Even reminders of Lenny Walls do not have that terrible effect on me. TIA

BOSSHOGG30
03-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Dear BossHogg - I am begging you not to use the name Roc Alexander in any way, shape, context, or form. Ever. I get the cold sweats and have trouble sleeping when I am reminded of him. Even reminders of Lenny Walls do not have that terrible effect on me. TIA

you have to face your fears
maybe this picture will help:

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f224/juststeph01/NFFL/alexander_roc_040803.jpg

Stargazer
03-05-2008, 03:10 PM
One thing I can say about the Raiders, atleast they didn't give up a #2 draft pick for Javon.:cool:

fcspikeit
03-05-2008, 03:20 PM
LONG LIVE AL!

Long Live Al

Here, Here!

It's hard to believe the thugs the Faiders call fans haven't taken Al out of the picture...

The ridiculous thing is that they could have traded with us for Walker and paid him what he had coming on his remaining contract.. That would have been a lot less money with no signing bonus. If he proved he could still play then they could have worked out a long term deal with him...

G_Money
03-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Yes, I agree - please see post# 73. :salute:

I just think it's really funny that a draftpick was worth that much to Al.

~G

GEM
03-05-2008, 03:34 PM
Yes, I agree - please see post# 73. :salute:

I just think it's really funny that a draftpick was worth that much to Al.

~G

Only because it was Mikey! :laugh:

You can almost hear him....

Little Ratface isn't getting anything from me! Haha Screw you again Mikey!

Meanwhile he's running around in his depends sticking his tongue out doing the 2 year old *I so got you* dance.

fcspikeit
03-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Only because it was Mikey! :laugh:

You can almost hear him....

Little Ratface isn't getting anything from me! Haha Screw you again Mikey!

Meanwhile he's running around in his depends sticking his tongue out doing the 2 year old *I so got you* dance.

One would think his benefactors would want to stop him from waisting away all their soon to be inheritance..

Even beyond the cap issues he is creating for his team, he is paying Millions of excess dollars out of his own pocket. If you look at his moves this off season from a business stand point, you really have to wonder how he got all that money to begin with? I suspect his mind isn't what it used to be.

You know? If you sign a big name guy for millions, who will bring in ticket & memorabilia sells it makes sense. You will be getting a return on your investment, IMO, from a business stand point I don't see how he can justify the money he is throwing away.

*Edit*

I say throwing away because everyone knows he is over paying... Why on earth would you pay ANY WR 9 Mill a year when you could have had them for for 7? I mean even at 7 it would be a reach for a malcontent with injury issues his entire carrier, But he went and did one better then that by paying him even more..

Imagine if Shanahan went and gave Walker the deal Davis did, I'm sure he would have been happy as hell to play for us if we would have done that. Mikey would have went from being a bad GM to maybe the worst of all time! I am surprised more people in the media aren't bashing Davis for his ridiculas moves this year..

fcspikeit
03-05-2008, 04:54 PM
One thing I can say about the Raiders, atleast they didn't give up a #2 draft pick for Javon.:cool:

If they would have, they would have saved over 20 Million... :listen:

GEM
03-05-2008, 04:59 PM
One would think his benefactors would want to stop him from waisting away all their soon to be inheritance..

Even beyond the cap issues he is creating for his team, he is paying Millions of excess dollars out of his own pocket. If you look at his moves this off season from a business stand point, you really have to wonder how he got all that money to begin with? I suspect his mind isn't what it used to be.

You know? If you sign a big name guy for millions, who will bring in ticket & memorabilia sells it makes sense. You will be getting a return on your investment, IMO, from a business stand point I don't see how he can justify the money he is throwing away.

*Edit*

I say throwing away because everyone knows he is over paying... Why on earth would you pay ANY WR 9 Mill a year when you could have had them for for 7? I mean even at 7 it would be a reach for a malcontent with injury issues his entire carrier, But he went and did one better then that by paying him even more..

Imagine if Shanahan went and gave Walker the deal Davis did, I'm sure he would have been happy as hell to play for us if we would have done that. Mikey would have went from being a bad GM to maybe the worst of all time! I am surprised more people in the media aren't bashing Davis for his ridiculas moves this year..

I wonder if Javon likes being called cupcake? He's gonna think the fans in Denver were the bestest ever after he pisses off some Raiders fans. :eek:

The whole thing here is that Al just set precedent to pay Javon Walker the highest amount of money this offseason....and it isn't even known if his knee can hold out. I mean at least if he would have just traded for him, he wouldn't lose out on guaranteed money and things of that sort. Every single one of the deals that Al has made this offseason has made EVERYONE scratch their head. It's funny to us because they are a rival. To everyone else, it's just WOW, getting old really sucks.

Medford Bronco
03-05-2008, 05:07 PM

It could be worse, you could call him Charles Dimry :laugh:

remember the CB Jerry Rice burned for 5 TDs when on Atlanta :lol:

fcspikeit
03-05-2008, 05:14 PM
I wonder if Javon likes being called cupcake? He's gonna think the fans in Denver were the bestest ever after he pisses off some Raiders fans. :eek:

The whole thing here is that Al just set precedent to pay Javon Walker the highest amount of money this offseason....and it isn't even known if his knee can hold out. I mean at least if he would have just traded for him, he wouldn't lose out on guaranteed money and things of that sort. Every single one of the deals that Al has made this offseason has made EVERYONE scratch their head. It's funny to us because they are a rival. To everyone else, it's just WOW, getting old really sucks.

For the kind of money he just threw at Walker, I would play WR for the overpayers and the fans could call me anything they want :D

If Walker never plays another snap, he is set for life. After all the crap he has causes his entire carrier he got his big payday, He came out of this deal smelling like a rose...

Benetto
03-05-2008, 06:33 PM
Like I mentioned in the other Javon thread (before he became a Raider)...Javon is a chump, he is only looking out for Javon.

I hope his knee falls off.

Ricky
03-05-2008, 06:35 PM
When healthy, JWalk is an outstanding wide out. Thank goodness he isn't healthy much.

Medford Bronco
03-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Like I mentioned in the other Javon thread (before he became a Raider)...Javon is a chump, he is only looking out for Javon.

I hope his knee falls off.

I hope your sigs top falls off :laugh:

yes Javon is a cry baby whiner. I hope he gets Al aggravated like Marcus Allen did and keeps him on the bench. and marcus has more class in his toe that Walker has in his whole body

Denver Native (Carol)
03-05-2008, 08:30 PM
Link to Javon talking with Vic Lombardi - cbs4 Denver

http://cbs4denver.com/sports

Hoshdude7
03-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Man those Faiders are dumb:laugh:

Watchthemiddle
03-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Javon with one leg gets as much money as Randy Moss who is never injured. Something is not right.

Next time i am up for a raise at work, i am calling Javon's agent.

Slick
03-05-2008, 09:58 PM
Link to Javon talking with Vic Lombardi - cbs4 Denver

http://cbs4denver.com/sports

Thanks for posting that Native.

He never really said what caused him to make his infamous 'Leon' speech, but it was nice to listen to what he had to say.

corzman69
03-06-2008, 08:37 AM
Did the Faiders even bother to give WALKer a physical?

eessydo
03-06-2008, 09:15 AM
Not sure what everyone is so pissed off about. What I am frustrated by is that the Broncos got exactly ZERO for Javon Walker by releasing him.

Who cares if the Raiders signed him, that is good for us. The real travesty here is that we didn't get squat.