PDA

View Full Version : Josh McDaniels on The Score NOW

Denver Native (Carol)
01-29-2010, 10:37 AM
Josh McDaniels on The Score at 8:30 am. Tune into AM1510 or stream at milehighsports.com

Nomad
01-29-2010, 10:45 AM
Looking to add big tough football players....offense and defense!! I like the sound of that!

Now are you sure this is Mcdaniels, there's no lip smacking!! j/k:D

Denver Native (Carol)
01-29-2010, 11:21 AM
For those who would like to hear the conversation with Coach McD:

http://thescore1510.podbean.com/

underrated29
01-29-2010, 12:12 PM
cant listen. On a confrence call, noothing right no that pertains to me, but I still have to pay attention. Anyone care to update further.....

Please pleas plases

CoachChaz
01-29-2010, 12:16 PM
Nothing really overly exciting or special.

But someone will twist his words into some negativity. Count on it

CoachChaz
01-29-2010, 12:31 PM
On Nolan/Martindale - Respects Mike, gave credit for fixing the defense, said it's okay to have differences, but Mike wanted to go. Martindale was very influential on the 09 defense and wants to keep the same system. Feels the staff can continue on the continuity and improvement of where the defense is going.

On finishing 2-8 - Says it was a number of things that went into finishing so bad and they are collectively looking at changes that lead to the collapse on all sides and will make changes in all facets.

On Kyle Orton - Expects improvement from him and ANY player in the second year of the offense/defense.

On Marshall - Seriously avoided the question concerning his future with the team.

On FA/Draft - Had very little time last year, but they are taking their time looking at opportunities this off-season and there will be alot less players they bring in via FA

On first year as coach - Understands the disappointment of the fans and he is equally disappointed. City expects to win and so does he.

Biggest needs this off-season - Big, tough, physical players...LOS needs improvement, but admits he avoided this question as best as possible.

underrated29
01-29-2010, 12:37 PM
good that sounds to me like we might go for a few FA who cost a fair amount....

Like a jolly, pickett, wilfork for DL

And like an avant, antonia bryant (my choice), to replace marshall

and guys like mawae and .....work go tin way, forgot the other C in FA.

but maybe one or a couple of those that can fix a whole instead of fill a whole.

broncofaninfla
01-29-2010, 01:07 PM
On Nolan/Martindale - Respects Mike, gave credit for fixing the defense, said it's okay to have differences, but Mike wanted to go. Martindale was very influential on the 09 defense and wants to keep the same system. Feels the staff can continue on the continuity and improvement of where the defense is going.

On finishing 2-8 - Says it was a number of things that went into finishing so bad and they are collectively looking at changes that lead to the collapse on all sides and will make changes in all facets.

On Kyle Orton - Expects improvement from him and ANY player in the second year of the offense/defense.

On Marshall - Seriously avoided the question concerning his future with the team.

On FA/Draft - Had very little time last year, but they are taking their time looking at opportunities this off-season and there will be alot less players they bring in via FA

On first year as coach - Understands the disappointment of the fans and he is equally disappointed. City expects to win and so does he.

Biggest needs this off-season - Big, tough, physical players...LOS needs improvement, but admits he avoided this question as best as possible.

I wasn't able to hear it, thanks for the summary. :beer:

Although I'm very critical of the 2009 campaigne, I continue to like what he has to say about the future. A lot of it's cliche but still holds true to what we need. Mcd has full control of this team, 2010 should be the year things start taking shape and defining him as a leader and head coach.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-29-2010, 01:21 PM
I wasn't able to hear it, thanks for the summary. :beer:

Although I'm very critical of the 2009 campaigne, I continue to like what he has to say about the future. A lot of it's cliche but still holds true to what we need. Mcd has full control of this team, 2010 should be the year things start taking shape and defining him as a leader and head coach.

He did say on the collapse they are looking at many things - practice, how they handled the bye week, and more things (I don't remember them all).

This is a good listen, as he addresses quite a few things.

Traveler
01-29-2010, 01:58 PM
good that sounds to me like we might go for a few FA who cost a fair amount....

Like a jolly, pickett, wilfork for DL

And like an avant, antonia bryant (my choice), to replace marshall

and guys like mawae and .....work go tin way, forgot the other C in FA.

but maybe one or a couple of those that can fix a whole instead of fill a whole.

Mawae is kinda long in the tooth, eh? Play has also declined and he may not have much left in the tank. I say pass unless Wiegmann decides to hang em' up.

underrated29
01-29-2010, 02:04 PM
Mawae is kinda long in the tooth, eh? Play has also declined and he may not have much left in the tank. I say pass unless Wiegmann decides to hang em' up.

Well weigman imo is worthless. He is long in the tooth and not a strong enough candidate for the Power scheme.

Mawae while old, is strong enough and in the pro bowl. And besides Pouncey, the other C in this draft leave a fair amount to be desired esp. Since they will probably be starting from day 1.

I think C is the most important position for us onthe line right now. We have olsen for G, and Kupes. But C we have nill. Now Iupati is perfect, but C outweighs those needs to me. Pouncey's brother is also playing C but will come out next year....

Mawae would be good to have for a groomer this year, or stop gap until we get pounce2 next year.....alteast my thoughts on the subject.

Traveler
01-29-2010, 04:03 PM
Well weigman imo is worthless. He is long in the tooth and not a strong enough candidate for the Power scheme.

Mawae while old, is strong enough and in the pro bowl. And besides Pouncey, the other C in this draft leave a fair amount to be desired esp. Since they will probably be starting from day 1.

I think C is the most important position for us onthe line right now. We have olsen for G, and Kupes. But C we have nill. Now Iupati is perfect, but C outweighs those needs to me. Pouncey's brother is also playing C but will come out next year....

Mawae would be good to have for a groomer this year, or stop gap until we get pounce2 next year.....alteast my thoughts on the subject.

I agree that Mawae does fit the new scheme better than Wiegmann. McDaniels does seem to like older veterans too, so I'm not totally against him. Pouncey is also on my wish list. Just not sure he'll be available.

The more I think about it, maybe landing Mawae as a stop gap wouldn't be so bad if we could somehow get Pouncey and let him learn from Mawae.

THAT"S A BIG IF!!

e-Lou-sive1
01-29-2010, 04:30 PM
I don't like what he said as much as what he didn't say,If that sounds confusing that's my point.I hate politically correct coaches what respect do they gain by avoiding basic questions it wasn't like they were verbally attacking him.Why can't you give the fans some hope that your taking the team in the right direction this is "football " your not giving away military coordinates or cracking the Divinci Code.He avoiding talking about Marshall other than he did what he to do to be there ,of course although he missed some games and still made it.This had more twists and turns than a rollercoaster ride and a few loops as well that end at the beginning of the ride.He knows that he has to make changes and keep most of the starters and evaluate what went wrong during the preseason,regular season and bye week.He wants players to learn a system he doesn't even know especially when he doesn't know where to correct the mistakes.I'm glad that Bowlen is taking a chance on someone like McDodo right now that way he doesn't make the same mistake twice and choose inexperience over experience.Maybe he thought Shanahan had too much experience.

Murphy's Law : A man may fail may times but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-29-2010, 05:05 PM
I don't like what he said as much as what he didn't say,If that sounds confusing that's my point.I hate politically correct coaches what respect do they gain by avoiding basic questions it wasn't like they were verbally attacking him.Why can't you give the fans some hope that your taking the team in the right direction this is "football " your not giving away military coordinates or cracking the Divinci Code.He avoiding talking about Marshall other than he did what he to do to be there ,of course although he missed some games and still made it.This had more twists and turns than a rollercoaster ride and a few loops as well that end at the beginning of the ride.He knows that he has to make changes and keep most of the starters and evaluate what went wrong during the preseason,regular season and bye week.He wants players to learn a system he doesn't even know especially when he doesn't know where to correct the mistakes.I'm glad that Bowlen is taking a chance on someone like McDodo right now that way he doesn't make the same mistake twice and choose inexperience over experience.Maybe he thought Shanahan had too much experience.

Murphy's Law : A man may fail may times but he isn't a failure until he begins to blame somebody else.
TEXAS?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ziggy
01-29-2010, 05:31 PM
He did give me hope that this team is going in the right direction. Why? Because he stated in no uncertain terms that the Broncos will do thier best to get bigger, stronger and tougher along the LOS on both sides of the ball. Is it just me, or is that the very thing that failed to be addressed over the last decade, leading to the Broncos decline?

Nomad
01-29-2010, 05:38 PM
He did give me hope that this team is going in the right direction. Why? Because he stated in no uncertain terms that the Broncos will do thier best to get bigger, stronger and tougher along the LOS on both sides of the ball. Is it just me, or is that the very thing that failed to be addressed over the last decade, leading to the Broncos decline?

Don't worry Ziggy he'll get the WO everyone wants at #11, who has the potential of Lelie's/Marshall's maturity level! I hope he proves me wrong and has Nattiel's attitude!!

Unless he plans to do big moves through FA for both lines!!

Ziggy
01-29-2010, 05:44 PM
I'm not sure that there are a lot of big moves to be made in FA, unless the CBA gets reworked. The top UFA's will be franchised, and the top RFA's will be given a high tender. Guys like Wilfork and Seymour will be franchised, and players like Jahri Evans, and Logan Mankins will be tendered at a 1st and 3rd round pick. I think that this year more than any other, free agents will be grossly overpaid.

Lonestar
01-29-2010, 05:59 PM
Sounded good to me did not hear anything in there that I disagreed with.

Ziggy had a good point, he wants to address the LOS something IMHO has been derelict in getting done since the SB years, once they left we have been hodge podge at best.

I think mike really tried to get bigger when he went with foster at IIRC 338 pounds when drafted. and then again when he brought in the guy from NOL that he cut last year for being over weight. neither of these guys worked out for him and because he always had a well oiled machine at running the ball. I think he got gun shy when these two bombed.

we ran the ball well between the twenties NO one debates that and that we had a great running game, leading the NFL for almost a decade.

BUT we could not score inside the 5 running the ball consistently and that is where the BEEF comes in. Finesse will only get you so far to the red zone after that they do not have to play deep/drop back into coverage and everyone cheats up to the LOS and thus stops the RB, in a lot of cases for a loss.

Now we scrimmaged well against our D because they were lite in the ass also. Not only to mention until the last few games of mikes career int DEN we did not hit in practice. So until game time happened our guys were not up against anyone that mattered.

Heal Thy LOS problems and everyone else looks better.

The QB gets a second look around the field for open men. WR have a bit more time running routes and are able to make more than one cut that so often lets them get separation. Screen plays work better. Play action works better.

On the other side of the LOS the DL that gets pressure on the QB allows the DB to cover closer, because the WR do not get a chance to make 9 moves, and the LB are not fighting of blocks because the DL has the OLine tied up.

We win or lose on the LOS.