PDA

View Full Version : Mike Shanahan Praises Favre's Career

twelfth woman
03-04-2008, 06:10 PM
Denver Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan released a statement about the retirement of Brett Favre on Tuesday, saying "it was an honor" to coach against him.

The following are Shanahan's complete comments:

"Brett Favre is one of the greatest quarterbacks in the history of professional football. You're judged by winning, and he's won more games than any other quarterback who has ever played. But I will remember him just as well for being such a fierce competitor and an outstanding leader.

He was the face of the Packers and a great credit to our game. It was an honor to coach against him."

The Shanahan-led Broncos defeated Favre's Packers in Super Bowl XXXII, thought of by many NFL fans as one of the best-played Super Bowls in history.

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-04-2008, 10:37 PM
why the hell is shanny talking on this, his butt needs to be figuring out what else to do, to help our team. not standing next to madden taking turns giving favre a big head, if you know what i mean

MOtorboat
03-04-2008, 10:39 PM
why the hell is shanny talking on this, his butt needs to be figuring out what else to do, to help our team. not standing next to madden taking turns giving favre a big head, if you know what i mean

Good lord, I viewed it as a classy statement, from a classy guy.

You don't see Beli**** praising him, do you?

Not to mention this took all of five minutes out of his day...if that...

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Good lord, I viewed it as a classy statement, from a classy guy.

You don't see Beli**** praising him, do you?

Not to mention this took all of five minutes out of his day...if that...

well obviously he took too many 5 min breaks last offseason. i am just saying i dont wanna hear anything from our coaches or front office unless it is draft related or about the free agency or trade..............where their focus should be.
i love shanny but he needs to get his act together.

MOtorboat
03-04-2008, 10:45 PM
well obviously he took too many 5 min breaks last offseason. i am just saying i dont wanna hear anything from our coaches or front office unless it is draft related or about the free agency or trade..............where their focus should be.
i love shanny but he needs to get his act together.

In other words...don't have a life...

Please...in today's media driven world, a comment on one of the greats retiring isn't going to have one freakin' inkling of impact on our draft.

Frankly, if he didn't take a few minutes off to think about the retirement of the one of the greats, I'd think worse of him.

BOSSHOGG30
03-04-2008, 10:48 PM
Our free agency is slow... this is the time of the year Shanny actually has some time to relax a little. Come draft time and on, his time is pretty much completely gone. Plus he doesn't have any visit scheduled till tomorrow.

BRONCOSFREAK765
03-04-2008, 10:50 PM
In other words...don't have a life...

Please...in today's media driven world, a comment on one of the greats retiring isn't going to have one freakin' inkling of impact on our draft.

Frankly, if he didn't take a few minutes off to think about the retirement of the one of the greats, I'd think worse of him.

i know where your comin from, with how quiet we have been this offseason, it hurts to see his attention anywhere but the team. i mean honestly the draft is not going to fix the problems we have, and yes free agency is only a short term solution.

Stargazer
03-05-2008, 04:11 AM
I viewed it as a classy statement, from a classy guy.

I agree. Nice statement by Shanahan.

Superchop 7
03-06-2008, 07:54 AM
"I am so glad that ******* is out of the game"

Dre Bly

Astrass
03-06-2008, 01:39 PM

Shanny has respect for the game. Thats why he took 2 minutes out of his busy life to pay respects. Relax.....

atwater27
03-06-2008, 02:28 PM
Favre is one of the greatest to ever play. The game will miss him.
Favre haters say what you want, but it means nothing.

nj10
03-06-2008, 02:35 PM
Who cares? Every video on NFL network right now is about Brett Favre. Every article in the sports page of the newspaper is about Brett Favre...OVERLOAD! I don't care. Yeah, he was a good QB but his retirement isn't the only thing that has happened lately.

atwater27
03-06-2008, 02:38 PM
Who cares? Every video on NFL network right now is about Brett Favre. Every article in the sports page of the newspaper is about Brett Favre...OVERLOAD! I don't care. Yeah, he was a good QB but his retirement isn't the only thing that has happened lately.

Come on. Why not celebrate the career of one of the best when he leaves? It happened with Elway and I didn't see you complaining.
Let the guy have his due. besides, there aren't any other stories worth talking about right now anyways.

Watchthemiddle
03-06-2008, 05:35 PM
WHoa....I sure hope the 10 seconds SHanahan blocked out of his day to comment on one of the greatest QB's of all time doesn't put us behind the curve when it comes to the draft and free agency...:rolleyes:

I will miss Farve.

ALl I have to say is, when we drafted Cutler everyone said he is the next Farve. Well, so far the arm might be comparable, but the competitive side of CUlter vs Farve isn't even close.

If CUtler can be 50% of what Farve was on a competitive level then we will have something special here.