PDA

View Full Version : Broncos to trade Marshall after March 5th?

Northman
01-28-2010, 05:25 PM
Nabbed this from the Mane.

According to the Denver Post, Brandon Marshall is expected to be traded shortly after NFL free agency opens on March 5.

The Broncos' leverage is somewhat damaged after a Week 17 blowout between Marshall and coach Josh McDaniels. Throw in Marshall's major character concerns, and the team will have trouble getting anywhere close to full value for their restricted free agent. Marshall isn't talking during this week's Pro Bowl practices, saying he's "had enough publicity." Smart.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/351280...s-player_news/

Look who's not talking: Marshall mum on future

By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 01/28/2010 01:00:00 AM MST
— In what are most likely his final days of playing football while wearing a Broncos helmet, wide receiver Brandon Marshall is healthy and happy.
And conspicuously quiet.
During the AFC Pro Bowl team's first practice Wednesday at St. Thomas Aquinas High School, Marshall ran a few patterns at top speed, cut sharply on the artificial surface and showed no ill effects from the bum hamstring that brought on a controversial and premature end to his 2009 season.
After the practice, Marshall was pleasant and conversational, until it was time to speak on the record.
"I'm not talking," he said. "I've had enough publicity."
Marshall was benched by Broncos coach Josh McDaniels the Friday before Denver's final game of the season, essentially for punitive, not injury-related, reasons.
The Broncos are expected to trade Marshall soon after March 5, when the NFL's trading and free-agency period opens.

http://www.denverpost.com/commented/...urce=commented-

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Don't care.

arapaho2
01-28-2010, 05:41 PM
Don't care.

you dont care that were losing 100+ catches per season..the biggest offensive threat we have had since portis...and a nightmare to opposing defenses?

let me guess..he's a cancer and josh is right to ship him out of town:rolleyes: and gaffney will easily cover his spot and besides...we have the 11th pick we can get a wr...even though we need oline and dline

Ravage!!!
01-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Weird. The writer must be off his ROCKER! He's suggesting that the Broncos LOST leverage, or that the leverage is damaged, after the blowout between McD and Marshall!!!

Idiot. Everyone knows that it couldn't be hurt.

arapaho2
01-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Weird. The writer must be off his ROCKER! He's suggesting that the Broncos LOST leverage, or that the leverage is damaged, after the blowout between McD and Marshall!!!

yeah he's a richard all right...everyone knows mcds little public spat was then best thing for the broncos concerning marshalls impending trade

dunk7
01-28-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm just disappointment that McKid showed his inexperience once again in dealing with this situation. Had he not publicized his feud with Sheff and Marshall, they'd likely have more trade value. By showing his hand and labeling him as a cancer (suspension at beginning and end of year), he's significantly devalued this asset.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-28-2010, 05:52 PM
you dont care that were losing 100+ catches per season..the biggest offensive threat we have had since portis...and a nightmare to opposing defenses?

I don't care about any player that doesn't want to be a Bronco. Even if I have their jersey in every color, I'll just throw that shit away.

SOCALORADO.
01-28-2010, 05:57 PM
http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-blog/files/2009/08/3293708869_8a7e4aa7dc.jpg

SOCALORADO.
01-28-2010, 05:59 PM
http://www.foxsportshouston.com/common/medialib/273/62458.jpg

SOCALORADO.
01-28-2010, 06:00 PM
http://www.foxsportshouston.com/common/medialib/273/58701.jpg

SOCALORADO.
01-28-2010, 06:01 PM
Thats a little big.......but so is that straight arm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

broken12
01-28-2010, 06:05 PM
I don't care about any player that doesn't want to be a Bronco. Even if I have their jersey in every color, I'll just throw that shit away.

send it to me! lol, marshall gonna tear it up elswere, oh well, wouldnt be the first offensive weapon we lose in thier prime! look at how easy it was to replace portis, elway, smith! plus we dont need him to catch bubble screens anyway, we can have anyone who can catch do that! send him to the bears for urlacher or hester! or both! special teams improve and urlacher and williams as inside linebackers helps the defense! teddy bruschi available and has 3 rings, means he's better than anyone on our defense!Q

SR
01-28-2010, 06:09 PM
Socal has the right idea.

WARHORSE
01-28-2010, 06:15 PM

let me guess..he's a cancer and josh is right to ship him out of town:rolleyes: and gaffney will easily cover his spot and besides...we have the 11th pick we can get a wr...even though we need oline and dline

Gimme the draft picks and I hope the door doesnt hit him in the rear on the way out.

In the years Marshall has been here, name one time he was not a distraction off the field.

Marshall is about Marshall. Thats fine, thats his choice, but hes on the wrong team.

Let him go, and the sooner hes gone the sooner hes not a distraction in our lockeroom.

GEM
01-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Yea....now he chooses to shut up. :rolleyes:

arapaho2
01-28-2010, 06:27 PM

its weird how marshall, cutler, scheffler, hillis and probably more, all wanted to be a bronco until mcd came...then suddenly they are cancers who dont wanna be a broncos...i wonder if the coach has any thing to do with that?

i really bet though if orton wasnt signed or somebody offered him a bigger contract (which is almost zero chance) and he left....it wouldnt be that orton didnt want to be a bronco...but mcds fault..am i right?

spikerman
01-28-2010, 06:59 PM
...plus we dont need him to catch bubble screens anyway, we can have anyone who can catch do that! ...
I guess this rules out Braylon Edwards and Terrell Owens.

broncobryce
01-28-2010, 07:32 PM
Marshall will be happy to play for anyone who gives him the most $$$ and then miss one practice a week for various reasons.

T.K.O.
01-28-2010, 08:36 PM
very telling indeed that marshall is showing no signs of the hamstring injury that caused him to miss practice and basically the final game .
he got his 100 catches and quit on the team.
so long sucka !:beer:

Ravage!!!
01-28-2010, 08:47 PM
yeah.... that was how many weeks ago?? :laugh:

if you listen to McD... he was benched for reasons OTHER than injury.. thus, it wasn't the injury that kept him out of the game anyway.. and he most probably could have and WOULD have played.

Thus..its not "telling" in the least

Broncolingus
01-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Don't care.

I know what you meant...

...and agree.

Tned-Mobile
01-28-2010, 08:50 PM
very telling indeed that marshall is showing no signs of the hamstring injury that caused him to miss practice and basically the final game .
he got his 100 catches and quit on the team.
so long sucka !:beer:

You do realize that it's been 4 weeks since he pulled it.

T.K.O.
01-28-2010, 09:11 PM
i really bet though if orton wasnt signed or somebody offered him a bigger contract (which is almost zero chance) and he left....it wouldnt be that orton didnt want to be a bronco...but mcds fault..am i right?

i'm pretty sure EVERYTHING is mcD's fault...why would you change your tune if orton was involved ?
youve been such a consistant hater thus far....dont change now !:rolleyes:

T.K.O.
01-28-2010, 09:21 PM
You do realize that it's been 4 weeks since he pulled it.

i do,but if he had a pulled hammy (which the mri showed nothing) would it be wise for a player to risk further injury at the pro bowl?
unless you just wanted a chance to showcase your skills for other teams?
i just think marshall's "injury" was very convenient as it happened after he got his 100 catches and that is likely the reason he was benched.
basically he did exactly what he and his agent wanted to do.....play nice until you've done enough to get paid in the offseason.
i am speculating some as is anyone who says mcD benched him because he's an egomaniacal idiot .
but marshall had a problem with the team before the season(wanted his $$$ ) and then said or did something to get in the hot water he was in at the end.
its not like mcD just decided,sure he played great but i think i'll bench him for no reason.

spikerman
01-28-2010, 09:34 PM
...he's an egomaniacal idiot...

It sounds like a few people might have that problem around Dove Valley. Not necessarily idiots, but there certainly don't appear to be any shortage of egos.

roomemp
01-28-2010, 09:39 PM

Being a head case offsets the talent. Enough is enough. He will probably go somewhere have a couple killer seasons while stirring up plenty of more trouble.

I for one am sick of his antics. Antics that started LONG BEFORE McDaniels was here.

spikerman
01-28-2010, 09:42 PM
Personally I'm ready for him to go too. I felt that way before the season started. The problem is that after last year's draft I don't trust this front office and coach to get good value for him; or if they do get good value in the form of draft picks, I suspect they'll waste them.

roomemp
01-28-2010, 09:46 PM
its weird how marshall, cutler, scheffler, hillis and probably more, all wanted to be a bronco until mcd came...then suddenly they are cancers who dont wanna be a broncos...i wonder if the coach has any thing to do with that?

A. Cutler didn't want to be a Bronco after Shanny was fired. BEFORE mcDaniels was even named HC

B. Scheffler just doesn't fit the system.

C. I am paffled as to why people ride Hillis's jock. The dude has about 400 career rushing yards, 200 receiving yards. Not exactly Jim Brown we are talking about. (I like Hillis on our team but I mean he is no more than a role player at best)

D. Marshall told a cop he hated Denver (again BEFORE McDaniels arrived in Denver)

E. If Orton received a huge contract offer from somebody else, how is that McDaniels fault??

:rolleyes:

roomemp
01-28-2010, 09:48 PM
yeah.... that was how many weeks ago?? :laugh:

if you listen to McD... he was benched for reasons OTHER than injury.. thus, it wasn't the injury that kept him out of the game anyway.. and he most probably could have and WOULD have played.

Thus..its not "telling" in the least

All I know if that Ronnie Lott played with a severed finger....Just saying

Ravage!!!
01-28-2010, 10:04 PM
All I know if that Ronnie Lott played with a severed finger....Just saying

That was in the Super Bowl.. just saying

But, again, we can't say that Marshall wasnt' going to play in that game..... McD benched him first.. and benched him for "non injury" reasons.. (his words)

So it makes NO sense to try and suggest that Marshall wouldnt' have played in the KC game. but it makes LESS sense to think that a month later.. four weeks later... a player couldn't play in the pro-bowl.

Also... there is nothing to prove in the pro-bowl. A player would be smart NOT to play in the pro-bowl and risk injury if all he wanted was money.. since his play in REAL game (where players actually try) proves much much more than any kind of play during an exhibition game.

SmilinAssasSin27
01-28-2010, 11:24 PM
All reports said BM was benched AFTER he said he couldn't play due to his "injury."

Ravage!!!
01-28-2010, 11:53 PM
McD stated that Marshall was benched for reasons not injury related.

LRtagger
01-29-2010, 12:01 AM
McD stated that Marshall was benched for reasons not injury related.

Thats because he didnt think Marshall was injured. Read the rest of those quotes. "We have a lot of guys playing with more serious injuries."

He felt Brandon could and should play. Brandon is the one that made the call and said he wasnt able to play. Coach benched him and banned him from the sidelines because he felt he had given up on his teammates. Not only that, but although he felt he was too injured to play, he had better things to do then show up for a trainer's evaluation and try to get himself ready for the final game of the season. The game that was a must win for us to make the postseason.

It is painfully obvious. Brandon wasnt going to play in the final game. That's where the conflict started to begin with.

I love Brandon. I think he's a great player and typically he seems to be a good guy. But this was blatant. The guy got his 100 receptions and made the pro bowl. He didn't feel he needed to play the final game and risk futher injury...even though other guys played with more severe injuries. He put himself before the team.

getlynched47
01-29-2010, 12:09 AM
If McD is gonna trade Marshall, let's use our two first round picks on NT Dan Williams and OG Mike Iupati

And pick up Arrelious Benn in the 2nd round

bcbronc
01-29-2010, 01:45 AM

those guys are,what, a combined 0-0 in the playoffs? geez, how we gonna overcome losses like that?

Dirk
01-29-2010, 06:49 AM

I would say yes. The coach had a lot to do with that.

McD came in and said he wanted a tougher more physical team. His practices were a lot more intense than Shanny's were. He made the players practice. And if they didn't do well in practice he held them accountable and had them run laps.

Shanny was known for his easy peasy lemon squeazy practices and camps.

Could it be that these players don't like having to "do the work" to get better?

Yeah, I would say the coach has a lot to do with it. :listen:

arapaho2
01-29-2010, 11:58 AM
those guys are,what, a combined 0-0 in the playoffs? geez, how we gonna overcome losses like that?

congratulations!!!....you just won the most stupid post of the day award....your prize of a single box of rice a roni can be purchased at most retail stores near you!!

playing for the broncos...so is orton..mcd...moreno...gaffney...all 0-0 in the playoffs gee how are we gonna win with these losers:confused:

arapaho2
01-29-2010, 12:04 PM
I would say yes. The coach had a lot to do with that.

McD came in and said he wanted a tougher more physical team. His practices were a lot more intense than Shanny's were. He made the players practice. And if they didn't do well in practice he held them accountable and had them run laps.

Shanny was known for his easy peasy lemon squeazy practices and camps.

Could it be that these players don't like having to "do the work" to get better?

Yeah, I would say the coach has a lot to do with it. :listen:

other then marshalls early antics...show me one instance where scheff, hillis, or even marshall later were anything but hard working?...prove that they didnt like the hard practise and thats why...late in the season...with the playoffs on the line... they decide to say..wow coachis to hard on us ..lets rebel...can you?
cause we can show many instances where josh praised thier work effort in camp...

could it be that the coach has a ego way to big for his britches....and cannot stand for a player like scheffler to hint that this dink and dunk tepid offensive scheme is killing our season...even if its the goddam truth

arapaho2
01-29-2010, 01:47 PM
Being a head case offsets the talent. Enough is enough. He will probably go somewhere have a couple killer seasons while stirring up plenty of more trouble.

I for one am sick of his antics. Antics that started LONG BEFORE McDaniels was here.

leaving off this years antics in training camp...please explain his head case antics that have been a detriment to the team previous to 09

off the field reported inncidents are exempt....report only his head case antis that have made a cancer in the locker room or the team

Elevation inc
01-29-2010, 03:38 PM

lol everyone said cutlers value was damaged as well becasue of MCD attitude and immaturity..2 firsts and a vet QB player aint damaged value for a career 17-20 QB.....i will see how it plays out before i blame falling value on a little tiff between a man who had a immature moment and a guy that is plain just immature........

arapaho2
01-29-2010, 03:45 PM
lol everyone said cutlers value was damaged as well becasue of MCD attitude and immaturity..2 firsts and a vet QB player aint damaged value for a career 17-20 QB.....i will see how it plays out before i blame falling value on a little tiff between a man who had a immature moment and a guy that is plain just immature........

mcd didnt bench cutler before a big game and go to the media insinuating cutler was faking injury so he didnt have to play

big diff

silkamilkamonico
01-29-2010, 03:45 PM
playing for the broncos...so is orton..mcd...moreno...gaffney...all 0-0 in the playoffs gee how are we gonna win with these losers:confused:

We won't. Just like we didn't win with Brandon "the nightmare" Marshall and Jay "the franchise" Cutler.

Nice reach on that one though.

silkamilkamonico
01-29-2010, 03:47 PM
off the field reported inncidents are exempt....report only his head case antis that have made a cancer in the locker room or the team

How about when he refused to play in a playoff determining game at the time and held himself out of practice citing "cold weather".

arapaho2
01-29-2010, 04:06 PM
How about when he refused to play in a playoff determining game at the time and held himself out of practice citing "cold weather".

you mean when after he came off a record breaking game ...and when he had a pulled hammy...you evey think he didnt want to further injure it in the extreme cold?

by refusal to play you mean not believeing your ready to go on thursday before the sunday game...and so your kiddie coach takes his ball and goes home by deavtivating you

you have a problem of being with him concerned to play injured after coming off a year where the entire coaching staff and medical staff said the pain in your hip was nothing....only to find out it was career threatening?

yeah boy those are real cancerous acts:rolleyes:

T.K.O.
01-29-2010, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by arapaho2

off the field reported inncidents are exempt....

i'm sure the rest of the league will be glad to hear that impending court cases and previous suspensions have no effect on the team or players future value....
i think you better get yourself some "rice-a-roni" the next time your out and about;)

arapaho2
01-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Originally Posted by arapaho2

off the field reported inncidents are exempt....

i'm sure the rest of the league will be glad to hear that impending court cases and previous suspensions have no effect on the team or players future value....
i think you better get yourself some "rice-a-roni" the next time your out and about;)

yeah cause we all know his incidents with the physco bitch wately really cost the team didnt they...

.we cant say future possiblities are a present lockerroom cancer can we?

claymore
01-29-2010, 04:17 PM
If McD is gonna trade Marshall, let's use our two first round picks on NT Dan Williams and OG Mike Iupati

And pick up Arrelious Benn in the 2nd round

No, no, no. We all know we need another Short CB.

bcbronc
01-29-2010, 04:18 PM
congratulations!!!....you just won the most stupid post of the day award....your prize of a single box of rice a roni can be purchased at most retail stores near you!!

aw...rap...you don't have to be so mean. :tsk:

anyways...Orton has actually won some playoff games. Gaffney has too. Same with McD, if not as a HC at least as an OC. and Moreno is a rookie so don't be dumb.

but the point that clearly went between your legs and up your ass...the team with Cutler, Marshall, Doom, Scheffler, and Hillis has been mediocre, and choked big time in big games. Why would you cry and whine over breaking up a mediocre, choking team?

I know you're going to say "waaaaa, McDaiels didn't do none better eifer, waaaa" but he's set about changing the culture of the team...a culture of cosmetics being preferred to results...one you apparently like. you know, who cares if we won, Cutler threw for 4000 yards; who cares if we won, Marshall made 100 catches; who cares if we won, Scheffler can run down field really fast for a big guy. Big frickin whup.

tell you what, just pop in the game against San Diego two seasons ago into your VCR, and watch it over and over again, and just keep telling yourself how McD is breaking up an eventual dynasty....

silkamilkamonico
01-29-2010, 04:30 PM
you mean when after he came off a record breaking game ...and when he had a pulled hammy...you evey think he didnt want to further injure it in the extreme cold?

Is that why he said he couldn't breathe in cold weather, because it would affect his hammy? Nice try.

by refusal to play you mean not believeing your ready to go on thursday before the sunday game...and so your kiddie coach takes his ball and goes home by deavtivating you

By stating he wouldn't be able to play in the game because of his hammy, which evidently was caused according to you by his inability to breathe in cold air. Not too hard to see he was pulling a John Abraham for everyone that was actually keeping up with the story.

you have a problem of being with him concerned to play injured after coming off a year where the entire coaching staff and medical staff said the pain in your hip was nothing....only to find out it was career threatening?

No, I have a problem with McD haters using it as an excuse to say, "McD didn't wanna win because he deactivated our best offensive player in week 17", and then completely avoiding the FACT that Marshall wasn't going to play in the first place.

Yea, let's blame McDaniels! Just like we blame McDaniels because Jay wonderboy and Brandon "the nightmare" Marshall couldn't even get Denver to the playoffs when Shanahan was coach.

arapaho2

anyways...Orton has actually won some playoff games. Gaffney has too. Same with McD, if not as a HC at least as an OC. and Moreno is a rookie so don't be dumb.

but the point that clearly went between your legs and up your ass...the team with Cutler, Marshall, Doom, Scheffler, and Hillis has been mediocre, and choked big time in big games. Why would you cry and whine over breaking up a mediocre, choking team?

I know you're going to say "waaaaa, McDaiels didn't do none better eifer, waaaa" but he's set about changing the culture of the team...a culture of cosmetics being preferred to results...one you apparently like. you know, who cares if we won, Cutler threw for 4000 yards; who cares if we won, Marshall made 100 catches; who cares if we won, Scheffler can run down field really fast for a big guy. Big frickin whup.

tell you what, just pop in the game against San Diego two seasons ago into your VCR, and watch it over and over again, and just keep telling yourself how McD is breaking up an eventual dynasty....

orton didnt win one single playoff game... he sat on the bench behind grossman and greise

somehow if marshall had come from the pats..im sure those post season wins wouldnt count by you would they?

all in all your post is incredibly stupid...cutler didnt cost us the season..in fact it was a win and were in despite the most horrible defense ever in a bronco uni....even if orton won the last game were still sitting home

neither did marshall,hillis...in case you havent figured it out..football is a team sport...

as a starting qb...orton is 0-0 in the post...as a HC mcd is 0-0...moreno is 0-0..doom is 0-0...so is royal...

Denver Native (Carol)
other then marshalls early antics...show me one instance where scheff, hillis, or even marshall later were anything but hard working?...prove that they didnt like the hard practise and thats why...late in the season...with the playoffs on the line... they decide to say..wow coachis to hard on us ..lets rebel...can you?
cause we can show many instances where josh praised thier work effort in camp...

could it be that the coach has a ego way to big for his britches....and cannot stand for a player like scheffler to hint that this dink and dunk tepid offensive scheme is killing our season...even if its the goddam truth

No one KNOWS but the coaches if scheff, hillis, marshall or any other player(s) were hard working in practices - the press were limited to the times they could be on the field during practices - so it would not be any EASIER for you to prove that they were hard working, than for someone to prove they were NOT hard working. It is just one more in the line of your numerous ASSUMPTIONS, because you can not STAND Coach McD.

Lonestar
01-29-2010, 04:32 PM

FWIW when Hillis was playing they were at least trying to win, if not won those games he was playing in midseason before he got hurt.

In fact I'm not sure why my adoptee is even in the conversation. I'll take 10 more players on the field with his intensity and desire anyday.

silkamilkamonico
01-29-2010, 04:32 PM
as a starting qb...orton is 0-0 in the post...as a HC mcd is 0-0...moreno is 0-0..doom is 0-0...so is royal...

So is Jay Cutler, who couldn't even match a Rex Grossman type performance in Chicago.

"But hey, who cares about getting to the playoffs when your QB has a stronger arm than John Elway."

arapaho2
01-29-2010, 04:34 PM
Is that why he said he couldn't breathe in cold weather, because it would affect his hammy? Nice try.

By stating he wouldn't be able to play in the game because of his hammy, which evidently was caused according to you by his inability to breathe in cold air. Not too hard to see he was pulling a John Abraham for everyone that was actually keeping up with the story.

No, I have a problem with McD haters using it as an excuse to say, "McD didn't wanna win because he deactivated our best offensive player in week 17", and then completely avoiding the FACT that Marshall wasn't going to play in the first place.

Yea, let's blame McDaniels! Just like we blame McDaniels because Jay wonderboy and Brandon "the nightmare" Marshall couldn't even get Denver to the playoffs when Shanahan was coach.

who says marshall wouldnt play....? not marshall..accourdning to the reports marshall not once said he wouldnt play...you dont question your best wr 4 days before the game then deactivate him...it shoulda beena game time decision

orton and the boy wonder didnt get us there either..did they?

silkamilkamonico
01-29-2010, 04:39 PM
who says marshall wouldnt play....? not marshall..accourdning to the reports marshall not once said he wouldnt play...you dont question your best wr 4 days before the game then deactivate him...it shoulda beena game time decision

Yes he did say that. And I also like how you tiptoed around the "Marshall can't practice because he can't breathe in cold weather" argument as well.

[orton and the boy wonder didnt get us there either..did they?

No. Orton sucks. With the benefit of hindsight, the trade was good for Denver because it means we'll be looking for a QB sooner rather than later. Overrated Cutler would have just strapped this organization down and kept it back like he's doing with Chicago.

Boywonder is McGenius after all.

bcbronc
01-29-2010, 04:49 PM
neither did marshall,hillis...in case you havent figured it out..football is a team sport...

I'll bite.

this is the point I am making..football is a TEAM game. the TEAM we had, that included guys like Cutler and Marshall, was not getting the job done. Period. Just look how they have performed in big games.

you're whining like McDaniels took a team coming off consecutive division titles and a trip to the AFCCG and dismantled it. He didn't. the team he inherited, the one "led" by Cutler and Marshall, has done absolutely squat. all they did was put up some nice stats. those look great on NFL.com, but don't mean anything when you don't get to play a 17th game.

but you want McDaniels to just carry on with selfish, me-first players who care more about putting up their stats than getting the TEAM to the post-season. Since McDaniels came to the organization and started demanding ACCOUNTABILITY to the TEAM from each player--including the guys with all the physical attributes in the world, and the glitzy stats--it's become pretty easy to see why this team repeatedly chokes when the season is on the line.

give me an average QB who's willing to get out there in WK 1 with a finger in a splint, over the stud WR who won't play in a winner-take-all game on the last weekend of the season because he's got a tweaked hammy every time. Sure, Orton and Gaffney might not show up on the Sportscenter highlight reel as much as Cutler and Marshall do, but I'm more interested in the success of the TEAM than the individual.

the best stats don't win Superbowls, the best TEAMS do.

claymore
01-29-2010, 04:50 PM

Arapaho, you are the light around here. I applaud your level headed thinking, and not buying into McDaniels BS.

:salute:

bcbronc
01-29-2010, 04:51 PM

why do you hate accountability so much?

Medford Bronco
01-29-2010, 04:52 PM
I guess this rules out Braylon Edwards and Terrell Owens.

Only if they came with http://www.ducttapemarketing.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/mouth.JPG as part of the deal

a 4th rounder and a roll of duct tape to Buffalo for Owens :lol:

claymore
01-29-2010, 04:53 PM
why do you hate accountability so much?

Some dont view it as accountability. Some view it as a coach that has an ego problem.

SOCALORADO.
01-29-2010, 04:57 PM
http://images.athlonsports.com/d/16048-1/DezBryant_002.jpg

bcbronc
01-29-2010, 04:57 PM
Some dont view it as accountability. Some view it as a coach that has an ego problem.

so you're good with a guy showing up half an hour late to team meetings/rehab before the most important game of the year? You're good with a guy medically cleared to play saying on *wednesday* that he knew he wouldn't be able to go on Sunday as soon as he felt the tweak in his hammy?

If not standing for that rubbish is the mark of a coach with an ego problem, I'm all for it. :salute:

SOCALORADO.
01-29-2010, 04:58 PM
http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanager/_photos/campus-rivalry/2009/10/07/bryantx-large.jpg

SOCALORADO.
01-29-2010, 04:59 PM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/ABPub/2008/08/30/2008148940.jpg

claymore
01-29-2010, 05:03 PM
so you're good with a guy showing up half an hour late to team meetings/rehab before the most important game of the year? You're good with a guy medically cleared to play saying on *wednesday* that he knew he wouldn't be able to go on Sunday as soon as he felt the tweak in his hammy?

If not standing for that rubbish is the mark of a coach with an ego problem, I'm all for it. :salute:
If that stuff wen ton, hide Marshall on the injury report and trade his ass.

I want a coach to have the team in his best intrest. NO way was benching marshall and Sheff for the most important game of the year good for the team.

It was a distraction, it devalued Marshalls value, and it divided the locker room.

Poor, Poor mngt skills.

SOCALORADO.
01-29-2010, 05:03 PM
http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/932/F296707.JPG

claymore
01-29-2010, 05:05 PM
http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/932/F296707.JPG

Gosh Damn that kid has hops!

SOCALORADO.
01-29-2010, 05:06 PM
http://blog.newsok.com/osu/files/2009/10/Anyiam.JPG

SOCALORADO.
01-29-2010, 05:07 PM
http://media.scout.com/media/image/72/722863.jpg

SOCALORADO.
01-29-2010, 05:09 PM
http://www.fantasycollegeblitz.com/wp-content/uploads/dez3.jpg

SOCALORADO.
01-29-2010, 05:16 PM
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/90579505.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D08B8DF6D94BEBE0BF 6F9675621860055D572A8C24106411ED

arapaho2
01-29-2010, 05:19 PM
No one KNOWS but the coaches if scheff, hillis, marshall or any other player(s) were hard working in practices - the press were limited to the times they could be on the field during practices - so it would not be any EASIER for you to prove that they were hard working, than for someone to prove they were NOT hard working. It is just one more in the line of your numerous ASSUMPTIONS, because you can not STAND Coach McD.

wrong its going off of the mcd interviews after marshall returned to practise and all season...where he said he is working hard

kinda weird though..how three guys..marshall, cutler and scheff spent the off season in 07 and 08 in training on thier own in atlanta for a month before spring camps even began..working on timeing, routes and getting bette at their positions..when every other players were on vacation

suddenly are shirkers who dont wanna work hard:coffee:

arapaho2
01-29-2010, 05:39 PM

marshall wasnt cleared to play..the medical staff said there was no structural damage..in pulls there isnt...alot differant then saying he's 100% and can play

in 08 the medical staff cleared him to play all season..only for him to find out he had a huge problem that needed corrective surgery

and mcd told him to stick stricktly with rehab,.. and as marshall said while on the table getting a treatment..mcd asked him how it was..he said i got no burst, no push

and mcd said he was deactivated

dont act like he was running around 100% and refused to play

weazel
01-29-2010, 05:43 PM
I may be way out to lunch, and am not basing my comments on anything but pure speculation...

but I think Socal wants the Broncos to draft Bryant. :whoknows:

Northman
01-29-2010, 05:46 PM
Need to beef up the lines.

http://arsenaldebate.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/fat-women-bbw-singles.jpg

SOCALORADO.
01-29-2010, 05:47 PM

Imagine if you were the last man on earth, and to save humanity you had to.......i cant even type it. Bleh.

Nomad
01-29-2010, 05:48 PM

That's alot of lard there North but I beat they could plug a hole or two!!:D

SOCALORADO.
01-29-2010, 05:50 PM
I may be way out to lunch, and am not basing my comments on anything but pure speculation...

but I think Socal wants the Broncos to draft Bryant. :whoknows:

Its not really a want, but it seems to calm the boards down a bit knowing theres a really. really good option out there.
I do think Marshall gets traded, and i do think Dez is the next best possible option to replace him without really skipping a beat on offense, but i understand the other player needs to.

Dean
01-29-2010, 05:56 PM
After seeing those pictures, I threw-up in my mouth.

Are they all guard/centers or are some of them tackles?:rolleyes:

Northman
01-29-2010, 05:58 PM
After seeing those pictures, I threw-up in my mouth.

Are they all guard/centers or are some of them tackles?:rolleyes:

Those are our QB's man. :lol:

spikerman
01-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Its not really a want, but it seems to calm the boards down a bit knowing theres a really. really good option out there.
I do think Marshall gets traded, and i do think Dez is the next best possible option to replace him without really skipping a beat on offense, but i understand the other player needs to.

After last year, not "skipping a beat on offense" scares the hell out of me. This offense needs to skip several beats. If McD uses the first rounder on a WR you're going to hear me screaming and cussing all the way from San Antonio.

spikerman
01-29-2010, 06:08 PM
Those are our QB's man. :lol:

How good are they at throwing a screen to the WR?

Northman
01-29-2010, 06:11 PM
How good are they at throwing a screen to the WR?

Better than average. However, they struggle with their mobility.

spikerman
01-29-2010, 06:12 PM

Probably no more than the current guy, right?

weazel
01-29-2010, 06:16 PM
That's alot of lard there North but I beat they could plug a hole or two!!:D

nomad wanted to type "bet", but he typed what he was doing while looking at that picture...

weazel
01-29-2010, 06:17 PM

oh my...

on the first left one, is that a second belly or a vag

TXBRONC
01-29-2010, 06:36 PM

That's nasty.

Ziggy
01-29-2010, 06:36 PM
McD is going to be screwed either way. If he picks up Dez Bryant in the first to replace Marshall, half of the folks in here will complain because we spent a first on a WR. If he doesn't, the other half will complain because we didn't get a replacement for Marshall. Personally, I'd rather see both picks in the first round (if we end up with another one) spent on the BPA at a position of need.

underrated29
01-29-2010, 06:48 PM
People wont complian after dez destroys teams. He is seriously that good.

bcbronc
01-29-2010, 07:13 PM
If that stuff wen ton, hide Marshall on the injury report and trade his ass.

I want a coach to have the team in his best intrest. NO way was benching marshall and Sheff for the most important game of the year good for the team.

It was a distraction, it devalued Marshalls value, and it divided the locker room.

Poor, Poor mngt skills.

I disagree. it's about setting long-term goals, eye on the prize, etc.

It set a precedent, and shows what kind of players McDaniels wants to get on this team. if you can go and aren't willing to fight through some pain for your teammates, McDaniels isn't going to baby you. Sure, he could have taken the easy road and simply listed Marshall as doubtful...nobody would have been the wiser.

except the rest of the TEAM who sees Marshall every day, seems him show up late, and knows the extent of the injury. a bit more trade "value" isn't worth sending that message to the rest of the locker room.

as for a divided locker room...pretty sure after this offseason it will be all guys in McDaniels corner. as Machiavelli said, it's best to pull the bandaid off in one stroke.

Dean
01-29-2010, 09:12 PM
oh my...

on the first left one, is that a second belly or a vag

Either way it is way scarey.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-29-2010, 09:14 PM

Prolly pretty hard to sack, though...

Geez,:tsk: that's disgusting.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-29-2010, 09:20 PM
People wont complian after dez destroys teams. He is seriously that good.

WRs are only as good as the QBs that are throwing to them. Marshall was as good as he could possibly be catching 3 yard curls and bubble screens all year. Few WRs could've put up the #s he did in our offense. Marshall is the KING of YAC. That's the ONLY reason he was such a stud this season.

If you could guarantee me that Bryant could match Marshall's production then I'd be all over it. But you can't. Nobody can. It's more likely that he'll end up another Charles Rodgers or Mike Williams than another B-Marsh. Sad fact.

Ravage!!!
01-29-2010, 10:05 PM
WRs are only as good as the QBs that are throwing to them. Marshall was as good as he could possibly be catching 3 yard curls and bubble screens all year. Few WRs could've put up the #s he did in our offense. Marshall is the KING of YAC. That's the ONLY reason he was such a stud this season.

If you could guarantee me that Bryant could match Marshall's production then I'd be all over it. But you can't. Nobody can. It's more likely that he'll end up another Charles Rodgers or Mike Williams than another B-Marsh. Sad fact.

You are right. THe odds are that we won't get a WR of Marshall's caliber simply because we draft Dez.. I absolutely agree with you.

Chances are much greater that we end up with a Lelie than we do to get another Marshall. Unfortunately, Marshall is gone. I honestly would rather not spend a top pick on a WR. I'm starting to look at them like RBs.... better to draft in the 3rd and 4th round than to spend the big-bucks.

getlynched47
01-29-2010, 10:08 PM
You are right. THe odds are that we won't get a WR of Marshall's caliber simply because we draft Dez.. I absolutely agree with you.

Chances are much greater that we end up with a Lelie than we do to get another Marshall. Unfortunately, Marshall is gone. I honestly would rather not spend a top pick on a WR. I'm starting to look at them like RBs.... better to draft in the 3rd and 4th round than to spend the big-bucks.

Dez Bryant = risky pick IMO

I'd go offensive line (Iupati) and defensive line.

Then I'd grab Arrelious Benn in the 2nd or 3rd round. The guy has all the talent in the world, and since we won't be investing a 1st round pick on him, it's a less risky pick IMO.

I'm not implying that a guy with all the talent in the world will automatically replace 3 back to back 100 catch seasons by Marshall, but there's potential.

Arrelious Benn is a 6'2 220 lbs. possession receiver with 4.4 speed and great hands. He's also got a knack for making big plays after the catch.

I hope we get that guy

Ravage!!!
01-29-2010, 10:13 PM
I'm beginning to feel that picking a WR should e like picking RBs.... best for the mid-rounds than the top rounds. Both are high-risk, high-reward...but a much bigger chance of high-risk considering you can get more than 3/4 the production for 25% of the money.

2nd, 3rd, 4th rounds....

TXBRONC
01-29-2010, 10:14 PM

The real problem with getting rid of Marshall is that it creates another hole to fill. Not only that regardless of the round that you draft a wide receiver the chances are it's going to take about two or three season to know if the guy is going be a good player.

Tned-Mobile
01-29-2010, 11:40 PM

First, do you honestly believe he is the first Bronco all year to be late for rehab?

Second, he wasn't 'medically cleared', he had an MRI which was negative, meaning there was no tear (or at least not one major enough to show up on an MRI).

When players pull hamstrings, unless they are very minor, they don't heal up in four days, but instead a week or two if they are fairly minor and longer if more serious.

The Broncos have had a LOT of players over the years with pulled hamstrings or groins, or sprained ankles that had negative MRI's, but missed one or more games as they recovered.

The fact is we have no way of knowing that Marshall faked the injury like you and some others declare as a fact. However, we do know one thing that is a fact.

McDaniels screwed the pooch on how he handled it. He was universally slammed by ex-player, commentators for the handling of the situation -- publicly accusing a player of faking an injury.

Worse than that, the stunt McDaniels had was a no-upside move for the Broncos. Some will say, "he let the other players know he wouldn't tolerate a player....", but as the ex-players said, the only thing it will do is create mistrust with other players, wondering when McD will publicly attack them.

The ONLY thing it did was lower Marshall's trade value, which was stupid. The outside world saw a player that had straightened up after his suspension and became only the 4th or 5th player to have three straight 100 reception seasons. In many games, he carried the offense. His trade value was going back up, and then McDaniels goes public with the dirty laundry.

Tned-Mobile
01-29-2010, 11:43 PM
The real problem with getting rid of Marshall is that it creates another hole to fill. Not only that regardless of the round that you draft a wide receiver the chances are it's going to take about two or three season to know if the guy is going be a good player.

Actually, the chances are that he WR will never pan out as anything more than a special teamer or 3rd WR. How many decades did the Broncos draft wide receivers before Marshall trying to find a dominant WR?

Rod Smith is a great player and one of my all time favorite Broncos, but we all know that as great as he made himself through hard work, he was never a dominant receiver, which is why the Broncos were signing free-agent WR's and drafting WR's in the early rounds.

bcbronc
01-30-2010, 04:52 AM
First, do you honestly believe he is the first Bronco all year to be late for rehab?

Second, he wasn't 'medically cleared', he had an MRI which was negative, meaning there was no tear (or at least not one major enough to show up on an MRI).

When players pull hamstrings, unless they are very minor, they don't heal up in four days, but instead a week or two if they are fairly minor and longer if more serious.

The Broncos have had a LOT of players over the years with pulled hamstrings or groins, or sprained ankles that had negative MRI's, but missed one or more games as they recovered.

The fact is we have no way of knowing that Marshall faked the injury like you and some others declare as a fact. However, we do know one thing that is a fact.

McDaniels screwed the pooch on how he handled it. He was universally slammed by ex-player, commentators for the handling of the situation -- publicly accusing a player of faking an injury.

Worse than that, the stunt McDaniels had was a no-upside move for the Broncos. Some will say, "he let the other players know he wouldn't tolerate a player....", but as the ex-players said, the only thing it will do is create mistrust with other players, wondering when McD will publicly attack them.

The ONLY thing it did was lower Marshall's trade value, which was stupid. The outside world saw a player that had straightened up after his suspension and became only the 4th or 5th player to have three straight 100 reception seasons. In many games, he carried the offense. His trade value was going back up, and then McDaniels goes public with the dirty laundry.

Sure dude, keep flinging shit against the wall to support your agenda. Don't let common sense or rational thinking get in the way of a good hate-on.

You'd have thought by now at least one respected vet would have piped up, at least off the record , over McD putting our playoff hopes in the toilet just to prove he's top dog. And yet none have. I guess Dawkins is just to shy or something.

Lol.

Nomad
01-30-2010, 09:11 AM

Yeah I said basically the same thing yesterday with the Lelie comment and only comparing because they were all 1st round picks!! I don't trust WO anymore and if Orton doesn't have protection how in the hell is the ball gonna get to them!! They're all "ME" players until otherwise proven wrong!!

Don't worry Ziggy he'll get the WO everyone wants at #11, who has the potential of Lelie's/Marshall's maturity level! I hope he proves me wrong and has Nattiel's attitude!!

Unless he plans to do big moves through FA for both lines!!

spikerman
01-30-2010, 09:13 AM
Sure dude, keep flinging shit against the wall to support your agenda. Don't let common sense or rational thinking get in the way of a good hate-on.

You'd have thought by now at least one respected vet would have piped up, at least off the record , over McD putting our playoff hopes in the toilet just to prove he's top dog. And yet none have. I guess Dawkins is just to shy or something.

Lol.No player on the active roster is going to openly question the coach. That would be the end of their Broncos' career. As for speaking off the record, remember why Scheffler was benched. Not because he said anything to McDaniels, but because someone overheard him saying something and told McDaniels about it. My guess is that if there are players who disagree with McDaniels they're keeping quiet because they realize there are serious consequences to crossing this guy.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-30-2010, 11:33 AM

Lol.

Yep, it's cool. Go talk shit about your boss either to his face, to a coworker where he can overhear or better yet, to the press. See how fast your ass ends up on an unpaid permanent vacation.

I'd be willing to bet you don't say shit about your boss' policies, even if you hate them, publicly.

Neither do guys like Champ or Dawk. They both get paid big money, win or lose. Why do they care?

Nomad
01-30-2010, 12:36 PM
I'd be willing to bet you don't say shit about your bosses policies, even if you hate them, publicly.

?

Isn't that against the defamation/slander law??

TXBRONC
01-30-2010, 12:36 PM
Actually, the chances are that he WR will never pan out as anything more than a special teamer or 3rd WR. How many decades did the Broncos draft wide receivers before Marshall trying to find a dominant WR?

Rod Smith is a great player and one of my all time favorite Broncos, but we all know that as great as he made himself through hard work, he was never a dominant receiver, which is why the Broncos were signing free-agent WR's and drafting WR's in the early rounds.

I'm not in anyway assuming that if draft wide receiver no matter what round it is the guy will pan out. All I'm saying is that if he does pan out the chance of him pulling a Randy Moss or Anquan Boldin and being an impact player from day one are slim. That being said there is a greater probability that any receiver we draft wont pan out at all.

My other point is that shipping Marshall creates another big hole to fill as if we don't have enough with trying to upgrade both lines.

But I guess I shouldn't worry because Gaffney is capable adequately replacing any production that we lose from Marshall.

broncobryce
01-30-2010, 01:40 PM
I think with Marshall it was a matter of attitude. You know the guy at work who always misses a day because of this excuse or that excuse? I get the idea that Brandon is that guy. I remember whispers of it when Shanahan was coach too. Little injuries that Mike felt should not be keeping him out of practice. The difference is back then Brandon wasn't performing at quite the level he is now, so he had to do what coach said.

Now on the biggest game of the season, Brandon doesn't want to practice (legit or not) it's like the boy who cried wolf, it's like here we go again. Along with the vets and McD wanting strong accountability that week, made for a bad combination. Some coaches would let it slide because of the productivity on the field (see Parcells and Lawrence Taylor) McD, would not.
That's my take on the situation.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-30-2010, 02:47 PM
Isn't that against the defamation/slander law??

Only if it is factually un-true. You could easily say that in your opinion I'm the worst poster on here or that you hate the way I type and it's not slander or libel.

If you say/write things that are false but you state them as fact, such as that I'm a convicted rapist (which I'm not) and that's why you hate me, then I would have a case for slander (verbal) or libel (written word).

T.K.O.
01-30-2010, 02:50 PM
Only if it is factually un-true. You could easily say that in your opinion I'm the worst poster on here or that you hate the way I type and it's not slander or libel.

If you say/write things that are false but you state them as fact, such as that I'm a convicted rapist (which I'm not) and that's why you hate me, then I would have a case for slander (verbal) or libel (written word).

so.....you were acquitted ?:laugh:
j/k

HORSEPOWER 56
01-30-2010, 02:54 PM
so.....you were acquitted ?:laugh:
j/k

Absolutely! I hired Johnny Cochran (RIP) and he used the Chewbacca defense!

T.K.O.
01-30-2010, 03:11 PM
I think with Marshall it was a matter of attitude. You know the guy at work who always misses a day because of this excuse or that excuse? I get the idea that Brandon is that guy. I remember whispers of it when Shanahan was coach too. Little injuries that Mike felt should not be keeping him out of practice. The difference is back then Brandon wasn't performing at quite the level he is now, so he had to do what coach said.

Now on the biggest game of the season, Brandon doesn't want to practice (legit or not) it's like the boy who cried wolf, it's like here we go again. Along with the vets and McD wanting strong accountability that week, made for a bad combination. Some coaches would let it slide because of the productivity on the field (see Parcells and Lawrence Taylor) McD, would not.
That's my take on the situation.

i think alot of marshall's antics are simply because he is immature.he hated the fact that cutler left and it showed in tc.
he probably thought he and jay would be the next montana /rice duo.
and they may well have been. but once jay left town it ,the only reason to play in denver was to impress other teams and get a big contract (elsewhere).
thats his right. but is also the right and duty of the coach and fo to spot that kind of behavior and deal with it as they see fit.
so i would like for marshall to realize that he and jay are highly unlikely to be reunited in chicago.and he could have a great future with the broncos if he gets the money he wants and plays hard in every game.
but on the other hand if his heart is not in it with the rest of the team,i would much rather give another guy his spot on the roster .
i will take players who want to be in denver over players who dont any day !
kyle spoon fed him his 21 passes in a losing effort so that he could have that record (which is the only reason he broke 100 catches this year ) and he repaid the team by quitting on them when the season might have been on the line.
dont need that work ethic regardless of how many catches a guy has.
just my 2 cents:salute:

56crash
01-31-2010, 12:15 AM

Marshall wanted payed...

JONtheBRONCO
01-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Logan Mankins-G-Patriots Jan. 31 - 11:29 am et

Pro Bowl LG Logan Mankins, who is set to become a restricted free agent, isn't concerned about his contract situation.

Mankins wants an extension, but appears to be resigned to his fate. As a RFA, the Patriots will hold all the cards on the excellent run blocker and can bring him back on a one-year deal worth around $3M. It's an unlucky break for Mankins, who would have been unrestricted and set for a big payday under normal circumstances.

Source: Boston Herald

-----------------------

Although as unlikely as this scenario sounds, why not a Marshall for Mankins trade? Of course, some other sort of compensation would need to be added along with Mankins in order to equal out the trade... New England does have three, second round picks, which might be tempting. We would still own a top 11 pick, to go along with a couple of seconds and a third and free up some money to sign Doom and other possible free agents. COuld you imagine Clady and Mankins on the left? A dream I know, but what do you guys think?