PDA

View Full Version : What got Dream banned?

SmilinAssasSin27
03-04-2008, 10:32 AM
Anyone know what caused Dream to get Banned? I went to bed early last night and musta missed sumthin. Anyone? Anyone?

BeefStew25
03-04-2008, 10:35 AM
Personal attack. 7 days.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-04-2008, 10:45 AM
whom did he attack?

claymore
03-04-2008, 10:49 AM
whom did he attack?
He called Beef a hetrosexual Republican. Beef flew off the handle and narc'd To Tned.

Tned
03-04-2008, 10:51 AM
We aren't going to get into details beyond what is published in the ban list.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-04-2008, 10:59 AM
well that's no fun...

Tned
03-04-2008, 11:05 AM
well that's no fun...

That's why I am the resident buzzkill...

Nomad
03-04-2008, 11:13 AM
Just wondering Tned, what is the sites definition of personal attack? And where are the COC's, I must be blind because I can't locate them? I'm not questioning the authority but wondering if you and the other decision makers have drawn that line yet.

Buff
03-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Was there something in the Kwame Harris thread that got deleted?

After going back through it, it looks like the only one throwing out attacks was Boss.

Tned
03-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Just wondering Tned, what is the sites definition of personal attack? And where are the COC's, I must be blind because I can't locate them? I'm not questioning the authority but wondering if you and the other decision makers have drawn that line yet.

http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1514

LordTrychon
03-04-2008, 12:33 PM
:laugh:

You can't keep them from asking... told you so....

;)

OB
03-04-2008, 12:56 PM
He called Beef a hetrosexual Republican. Beef flew off the handle and narc'd To Tned.

:listen: Clay did you get my answer from coach - you told me 24 hours - if you dont get me my answer - i can pull some strings and get you a cot next to Dream :whip: now chop - chop

And dream got banned :rofl: - oops - was i not supposed to do that :D

OB
03-04-2008, 12:57 PM

You can't keep them from asking... told you so....

;)

I know you are but what am i :eviltongue:

WAIT - dont answer that

Slick
03-04-2008, 01:47 PM
Hasn't Dream been personally attacked for like 2 months straight? I'm not saying his banning wasn't justified, I don't know what happened. Sometimes I wonder where this line in the sand is.

I'm sure some posts just slip through the cracks, maybe that's all there is to it.

Just thinking aloud.

tubby
03-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Cswil told me he was banned for being insufferable.

NightTrainLayne
03-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Cswil told me he was bannaed for being insufferable

Well it's about time that somebody else took notice. . .oh, wait a minute. .. were you talking about Cswil?

Slick
03-04-2008, 01:55 PM
Cswil told me he was bannaed for being insufferable.

No offense Tubby, but this is what I'm talking about. I would never call anyone here that, and we never used to.

OB
03-04-2008, 01:59 PM
No offense Tubby, but this is what I'm talking about. I would never call anyone here that, and we never used to.

Slick - the freaks arent as refined as us BM'rs (that doesnt sound good :lol: )

They like to call each other names then do man love things to each other to make up - its just their way - and as good hosts we must learn to appreciate their oddities :D

LordTrychon
03-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Slick - the freaks arent as refined as us BM'rs (that doesnt sound good :lol: )

They like to call each other names then do man love things to each other to make up - its just their way - and as good hosts we must learn to appreciate their oddities :D

Right. It's in the CoC under 'what's ok for some is not ok for others'.

Maybe it should be addressed.... but what would I know?

BOSSHOGG30
03-04-2008, 02:10 PM

After going back through it, it looks like the only one throwing out attacks was Boss.

Way to throw me under the bus Buff :D

OB
03-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Right. It's in the CoC under 'what's ok for some is not ok for others'.

Maybe it should be addressed.... but what would I know?

Seems to me someone has forgotten what life was like before he was a mod - or even during his first few months as one - Lord Tampon ;)

The old BM USED to let us do the same thing - as long as it was in jest (which with them it usually is) - things were fine until a bunch of whiney ass babies started crying to steve and the mods everytime someone said they were an idiot or dumbass - boohoo - so-n-so hurt my little feellers and called me dumb :hurt:

Ya gotta admit being a little looser has its advantages - you know u miss being nasty :eyebrows:

LordTrychon
03-04-2008, 02:27 PM
Seems to me someone has forgotten what life was like before he was a mod - or even during his first few months as one - Lord Tampon ;)

The old BM USED to let us do the same thing - as long as it was in jest (which with them it usually is) - things were fine until a bunch of whiney ass babies started crying to steve and the mods everytime someone said they were an idiot or dumbass - boohoo - so-n-so hurt my little feellers and called me dumb :hurt:

Ya gotta admit being a little looser has its advantages - you know u miss being nasty :eyebrows:

Actually, I think part of what makes me a decent mod (whether you want to argue that point or not is up to you) is the fact that I'm very GOOD at telling the difference between when someone is joking around with a friend and when someone is not. i.e. I wouldn't report you for calling me 'Lord Tampon' or any host of other things because I know you and I know that you're USUALLY playing when you call me names. ;)

However, I would have to disagree with you on the way 'old mania' was... personal attacks that were actually meant as personal attacks were never allowed to the best of my knowledge... but again, what would I know... you WERE there before me. However, since you've alluded to getting in trouble in the past, I take it safe to assume that there were always rules and they were always enforced.

Now I don't know how close tubby and Dream are... and I don't know the nature of their friendship. So I didn't report that post, because it's plausible that it is indeed a joke and that if Dream were here, he'd laugh.

However, I think it's true that Dream takes a lot of punishment here, but because he's got a thick skin, he takes most of it in stride.

We ALSO don't know exactly what happened, because I'm sure most of it was deleted. So we can't assume it was some casual comment by Dream. Chances are he went overboard at some point and exploded at someone. I'm not defending him. If he's banned for a week, I'm sure he did something to earn it.

That doesn't mean that it's ok to have double standards though. If he's been attacked repeatedly by the same members, at some point there should be consequences for them too.

There's a fair chance though that other warnings were also handed out... We simply don't know.

OB
03-04-2008, 02:34 PM
So all those sexual favors I did for you thinking it was keeping me from getting banned was for nothing

j/k vic ;)

claymore
03-04-2008, 02:37 PM
So all those sexual favors I did for you thinking it was keeping me from getting banned was for nothing

j/k vic ;)

LMMFAO! Your a fireball.

LordTrychon
03-04-2008, 02:40 PM

j/k vic ;)

I thought they were just favors. :sad:

OB
03-04-2008, 02:41 PM
I thought they were just favors. :sad:

No - u know me better than that - i dont give w/o receiving :D

OB
03-04-2008, 02:42 PM
LMMFAO! Your a fireball.

Yeah im full of piss n vinegar today huh

Oh wait - thats just the wine i drank last night making its way through my digestive system - nevermind

and PS

tick tock bitch - i want my answer NOW

Lonestar
03-04-2008, 02:46 PM
Most everyone involved in pissing contests are aware of their compilcity, almost always..
Most will learn from the PM's and warnings some will not.

We go out of our way to warn, warn and then warn again before the ax falls..

Anyone Banned anytime IMHO would have been way overdue on other forums.

I've said enough.

LordTrychon
03-04-2008, 02:55 PM
Most everyone involved in pissing contests are aware of their compilcity, almost always..
Most will learn from the PM's and warnings some will not.

We go out of our way to warn, warn and then warn again before the ax falls..

Anyone Banned anytime IMHO would have been way overdue on other forums.

I've said enough.

Last edited by Jrwiz : Today at 12:50 PM.

:laugh: You got yourself moderated... :laugh: Learn to behave, will you JR?

To be fair... you're making the same assumptions that all other members do... that you think you know exactly what is going on behind the scenes elsewhere when you do not.

dogfish
03-04-2008, 03:08 PM

it was probably more the fact that three of them piled on boss for about four pages worth of juvenile mockery-- i was embarrassed reading it. . . for the record though, slick is right-- the exact same thing gets done to dream (and NUB and CR) all the time, and i've never seen anyone get banned for it. . . since dream can be annoying, maybe the thought process is that he brings it on himself. . .

oh, and trych. . . FTR, all the bad stuff i said about whodey on mania-- that was never jokes, i meant all of it! :laugh:

LordTrychon
03-04-2008, 03:24 PM
it was probably more the fact that three of them piled on boss for about four pages worth of juvenile mockery-- i was embarrassed reading it. . . for the record though, slick is right-- the exact same thing gets done to dream (and NUB and CR) all the time, and i've never seen anyone get banned for it. . . since dream can be annoying, maybe the thought process is that he brings it on himself. . .

oh, and trych. . . FTR, all the bad stuff i said about whodey on mania-- that was never jokes, i meant all of it! :laugh:

Well... in that case...

Well... you're still not banned.

I take it back. Double standards are great. :cool:

Lonestar
03-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Well... in that case...

Well... you're still not banned.

I take it back. Double standards are great. :cool:

We really try to keep the threads going and not over moderating.

There are alliances made and built that things can be said within that we try hard not to mess with. Once they step out of bounds we have little choice but to edit, warn, delete posts or close threads.

Perhaps that is seen as double standards. We try hard not to let that happen..

Personal direct attack simply are not allowed if you see one report it..

We simply can not be everywhere, all the time..

We often do not see it until after the fact..

LordTrychon
03-04-2008, 04:06 PM
We really try to keep the threads going and not over moderating.

There are alliances made and built that things can be said within that we try hard not to mess with. Once they step out of bounds we have little choice but to edit, warn, delete posts or close threads.

Perhaps that is seen as double standards. We try hard not to let that happen..

Personal direct attack simply are not allowed if you see one report it..

We simply can not be everywhere, all the time..

We often do not see it until after the fact..

I know you don't simply allow it just because it's Dream... although I know it's tempting.

Double standards is actually a bit harsh... for my meaning.

I think that Dream takes a lot of punishment because we all know he can deal with it... he's not easily offended and his feelings don't get hurt... and to be honest, he enjoys a good argument.

But MAYBE a little too much attacks on him go on.

And TNED! I SAW THAT!

Tned
03-04-2008, 04:21 PM
And TNED! I SAW THAT!

You see everything :lol:

Davii
03-04-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm sure there is a little more too it than merely "just a personal attack".

I'm sure there was a warning that went unheeded, either through PM or in the thread, and i'm sure posts were deleted, and i'm sure that still didn't fix the situation and then a banning happened.

Precious few people have been banned here and things are a lot more lenient than at that other site. I have seen nothing but complete fairness from the moderators.

I have personally made attacks, and been attacked, a post was made by a mod saying to knock it off, apologies were made and life continued on....

I hope Dream takes it in stride and hope to see him back next week.

BroncoJoe
03-04-2008, 04:38 PM

I'm sure there was a warning that went unheeded, either through PM or in the thread, and i'm sure posts were deleted, and i'm sure that still didn't fix the situation and then a banning happened.

Precious few people have been banned here and things are a lot more lenient than at that other site. I have seen nothing but complete fairness from the moderators.

I have personally made attacks, and been attacked, a post was made by a mod saying to knock it off, apologies were made and life continued on....

Oh shut up, you idiot.

:heh:

BOSSHOGG30
03-04-2008, 04:42 PM
Oh shut up, you idiot.

post reported

Davii
03-04-2008, 04:43 PM
Oh shut up, you idiot.

You son of a....

BroncoJoe
03-04-2008, 04:45 PM
There is nothing wrong with name calling and personal attacking.

As long as it is not directed at me, anyway.

tia.

BOSSHOGG30
03-04-2008, 04:46 PM
There is nothing wrong with name calling and personal attacking.

As long as it is not directed at me, anyway.

tia.

Or your beer.

BroncoJoe
03-04-2008, 04:47 PM
Or your beer.

That's true too. Thanks, Boss.

LordTrychon
03-04-2008, 04:49 PM
If someone here starts insulting beer... there better be some banning going on. :fight:

BroncoBJ
03-04-2008, 04:50 PM

:lol: @ Complete fairness. I dont know about that. Though I've never been banned so I guess I cant complain but I dont know. :coffee:

And yea When I went to bed Dream was still an active part in the Broncoforums community and now he vanished. :eek:

frauschieze
03-04-2008, 04:58 PM
If someone here starts insulting beer... there better be some banning going on. :fight:

You only defend Joe because he drinks crap beer.....same as YOU! :eviltongue:

LordTrychon
03-04-2008, 05:00 PM

I wasn't defending Joe... I was defending Beer.

And I don't discriminate...

I would be a very happy boy if I could buy a 30 pack of Guinness for under $20. :eviltongue:

BroncoJoe
03-04-2008, 05:02 PM

Post reported.

Tned
03-04-2008, 05:09 PM

As do I.

dogfish
03-04-2008, 05:10 PM

no need to worry-- that schwill you and joe drink isn't beer anyways. . . . more like fizzy piss-colored fermented rice syrup. . . . :heh:

LordTrychon
03-04-2008, 05:10 PM
As do I.

As do I....

Although my reasoning may be different.

BroncoJoe
03-04-2008, 05:11 PM
Tned, can you please do something about these outlandish claims and insulting personal attacks?

tia.

LordTrychon
03-04-2008, 05:11 PM
no need to worry-- that schwill you and joe drink isn't beer anyways. . . . more like fizzy piss-colored fermented rice syrup. . . . :heh:
*in best Homer voice*

"mmmmmmmmmmmmmm......... fizzy piss-colored fermented rice syrup... " *drool*

Davii
03-04-2008, 05:12 PM
I wasn't defending Joe... I was defending Beer.

And I don't discriminate...

I would be a very happy boy if I could buy a 30 pack of Guinness for under $20. :eviltongue:

You and me both... I would be happy boy right about now if I could buy one Guinness for 20$. Hell, i'd pay 30$.

LordTrychon
03-04-2008, 05:22 PM
You and me both... I would be happy boy right about now if I could buy one Guinness for 20$. Hell, i'd pay 30$.

Dude... if I could buy you a Guinness for $30, I would. :salute:

Davii
03-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Dude... if I could buy you a Guinness for $30, I would. :salute:

Give me a few more weeks. Won't cost you nearly that much! :D

Jody
03-04-2008, 05:52 PM
I know you don't simply allow it just because it's Dream... although I know it's tempting.

Double standards is actually a bit harsh... for my meaning.

I think that Dream takes a lot of punishment because we all know he can deal with it... he's not easily offended and his feelings don't get hurt... and to be honest, he enjoys a good argument.

But MAYBE a little too much attacks on him go on.

And TNED! I SAW THAT!

Dream dishes it out first is my observation. If he received a ban, I don't think it should be debated by discussing all board members vs Dream. It may indicate though, Dream pushes a lot of buttons of a lot of board members. It's time he's not overlooked, I for one, appreciate it by the mods, very much so.

Slick
03-04-2008, 05:58 PM

I'll start a bidding war with you Davii. :lol: Although if anyone deserves a 30 pack of Guiness, it's you. :beer::salute: I was just bitching about getting tired of Mexican beer until dogfish put it in perspective for me.

OB, your point is well taken. I know the freaks that joined do insult each other, and it's all in good fun.

As a matter of fact, it's because of them, I post and read more threads here. They bought a sense of humor, and a different perspective that this board has greatly benefited from IMO.

We all know when the name calling isn't in 'good fun', and I was pointing that out.

I seriously doubt that Dream, NUB or CR, who take the brunt of most of it, even bother to report it. Not trying to make a big deal about it, because it doesn't happen often.

I just hated to see Dream get banned for something that has probably happened to him a few times.

There's a 7 Dos Equis difference between my first post in this thread until now. If I'm not making sense, I'm blaming it on the alcohol.

Jody
03-04-2008, 06:16 PM
And in the light of drinking beer....

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p57/mtgfan101/june1.jpg

BroncoJoe
03-04-2008, 06:19 PM
LOVE IT, Jody!

schnooks1
03-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Dream dishes it out first is my observation. If he received a ban, I don't think it should be debated by discussing all board members vs Dream. It may indicate though, Dream pushes a lot of buttons of a lot of board members. It's time he's not overlooked, I for one, appreciate it by the mods, very much so.

I totally agree with your observations. He barges into threads that he doesn't agree with and then attacks everyone for differing opinions. When you walk around with your head in the clouds, no responsiblities, no cares.. then pretend to know everything.... You end up with a bad attitude toward those that just might know more.

SR
03-04-2008, 06:30 PM
As do I.

Not everyone shares your same sympathetic outlook.

topscribe
03-04-2008, 06:46 PM
Tned, can you please do something about these outlandish claims and insulting personal attacks?

tia.

You're ugly.

-----

frauschieze
03-04-2008, 06:46 PM
You're ugly.

-----

But his wife is HOT!

LordTrychon
03-04-2008, 07:12 PM
You're ugly.

-----

What's that, old man? You need to speak up!

frauschieze
03-04-2008, 07:13 PM
What's that, old man? You need to speak up!

Any explanation?

Day1BroncoFan
03-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Dream got Dream banned.

frauschieze
03-04-2008, 07:28 PM
Dream got Dream banned.

Sorry! That was directed to LT for a completely different reason! I wasn't thinking about the thread that is was in. :laugh:

Day1BroncoFan
03-04-2008, 07:32 PM
Sorry! That was directed to LT for a completely different reason! I wasn't thinking about the thread that is was in. :laugh:

Not sure what you mean. Nothing I said had anything to do with what you said. That being said, I think I have said enough. :D

Buff
03-04-2008, 08:14 PM
All I can say is that if I were Dream, I would have gone postal a long time ago... He takes more than his fair share of abuse and I have a hard time believing he came up with any attack more distasteful than those launched against him on a daily basis...

Maybe he does have it coming sometimes, I'm not here to be a Dream apologist... But there seems to be a number of people claiming that there shit doesn't stink, when in fact, it does.

BeefStew25
03-04-2008, 08:17 PM
Buff, easy on the 'S' word.

SR
03-04-2008, 08:17 PM
All I can say is that if I were Dream, I would have gone postal a long time ago... He takes more than his fair share of abuse and I have a hard time believing he came up with any attack more distasteful than those launched against him on a daily basis...

Maybe he does have it coming sometimes, I'm not here to be a Dream apologist... But there seem to be a number of people claiming that there shit doesn't stink, when in fact, it does.

Dream can be alright when he wants to be, but I think as a white kid living in North Dakota with all of his "street cred" and other bogus shit talking he brings a lot of what he gets on himself. He does a lot of other behind the scenes, extra-cirricular stuff that not everyone know about that also puts people on edge when it comes to him.

Buff
03-04-2008, 08:20 PM
Buff, easy on the 'S' word.

I know, I do overuse it, but I was so happy when the filter stopped catching it that I've been making up for lost time... I can stay up all night if I want to too.

Buff
03-04-2008, 08:26 PM
Dream can be alright when he wants to be, but I think as a white kid living in North Dakota with all of his "street cred" and other bogus shit talking he brings a lot of what he gets on himself. He does a lot of other behind the scenes, extra-cirricular stuff that not everyone know about that also puts people on edge when it comes to him.

Yeah, I know what you mean, and he probably puts himself at odds with people more than the average poster... And maybe there's extra-cirricular stuff that I don't see... But from the outside looking in, it just seems as though him being public enemy #1 made it easier to ban him than someone else who may be guilty of the same offenses.

And Tned-- One suggestion, I think it might help clear up some of the grey ares in the CoC if you disclosed the details behind bannings... Plus it might help act as a deterrent as well.

SR
03-04-2008, 08:30 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean, and he probably puts himself at odds with people more than the average poster... And maybe there's extra-cirricular stuff that I don't see... But from the outside looking in, it just seems as though him being public enemy #1 made it easier to ban him than someone else who may be guilty of the same offenses.

And Tned-- One suggestion, I think it might help clear up some of the grey ares in the CoC if you disclosed the details behind bannings... Plus it might help act as a deterrent as well.

Personally, I feel bad for him but not because people pick on him. IMO, 90% of the picking on him is his own doing, but I still feel bad for him because he loves his tie-die shirts so much and because he things "street cred" is relevant to anything.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-04-2008, 09:26 PM
Everyone here sux!

BeefStew25
03-04-2008, 09:27 PM
Smile, you sure love topless men, don't you?

Tned
03-04-2008, 09:28 PM

There is a suspensions/ban log that lists the primary reason why a person was suspended or banned. Beyond that, I won't go into details on suspension other than to say that there are probably few people that posted in this thread, that haven't had some kind of warning, PM or at least a post edited. The point is, that except for the most grievous acts (which Dream was not guilty of), we have not banned or suspended a single person for doing 'one' thing.

So, I won't go into the details that led to Dream's suspension, by it if you truly want to understand from the stand point of 'deterrent', then that is simple.

There is a set of rules -- follow them. There is a group of moderators -- respect their authority, and comply with their requests when you have broken the rules.

If you do those two things, then you, and everyone else, will be just fine. If a moderator steps into a thread and tells the participants to get back on topic, or stop the personal attacks, DO IT. Don't ignore and force the mods to close the thread, so they have the time to clean it up without trying to run ahead of the people flaming each other.

So, that gives you a little idea on the deterrent side. It is pretty easy. Follow the rules -- Comply with the mods when they have to step in because people aren't following the rules.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-04-2008, 09:29 PM
Smile, you sure love topless men, don't you?

Show me yer tats.

LordTrychon
03-04-2008, 09:45 PM
There is a set of rules -- follow them. There is a group of moderators -- respect their authority, and comply with their requests when you have broken the rules.

http://www.indymedia.org.uk/images/2006/04/338984.jpg

aberdien
03-04-2008, 09:52 PM
Heterosexual repulican...I really don't see anything wrong with that?

Dream's a pretty cool dude.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-04-2008, 09:56 PM
Heterosexual repulican...I really don't see anything wrong with that?

Dream's a pretty cool dude.

...for a homosexual democrat.

j/k
j/k
j/k
j/k

sneakers
03-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Hasn't Dream been personally attacked for like 2 months straight? I'm not saying his banning wasn't justified, I don't know what happened. Sometimes I wonder where this line in the sand is.

I'm sure some posts just slip through the cracks, maybe that's all there is to it.

Just thinking aloud.
Ditto!

Cleveland Rocks
03-04-2008, 11:47 PM
This thread is nothing but a vast conspiracy!!!

Normally I am serious.

But in this case, I am joking.

See? I'm laughing - like Ben Stein.

OB
03-05-2008, 12:11 AM
As do I.

Say that with a straight face :lol:

OB
03-05-2008, 12:16 AM
Im not trying to add fuel to the fire but dream has a history beyond this board IMO - and once that board got messed up they wouldnt allow anyone to say anything to him regardless of the obvious bait he was throwing

and i may be wrong but there is also an issue about him being a poster that got perma banned and signed up under a different name and totally mellowed his attitude

underrated29
03-05-2008, 12:20 AM
This thread is nothing but a vast conspiracy!!!

Normally I am serious.

But in this case, I am joking.

See? I'm laughing - like Ben Stein.

do you sound like him CR? I never thought about it but now it kinda seems like you would. only more intense like.....ok nevermind, you cant hear me..Or can you?

That is a conspiracy.

Cleveland Rocks
03-05-2008, 12:25 AM
do you sound like him CR? I never thought about it but now it kinda seems like you would. only more intense like.....ok nevermind, you cant hear me..Or can you?

That is a conspiracy.

Some people have said I do. I don't really know how I sound. I don't really like how I sound. I sound like my father a lot (many tell me that). I guess sometimes I sound like Ben Stein. I wear glasses and have a rather nasal voice (like him) because my airways are all messed up and all. So yea, kind of like him.

underrated29
03-05-2008, 12:29 AM
I know when i wear glasses i sound like other people too.

just playin CR, i suppose if i sounded like him i would be to thirlled with the way i sound either. But then again who really gives a :sheep: if you are good with your tongue. Or atleast thats what all the girls say..

Sorry all, i just found the sheep and i am now replacing it with the elefant as my favorite animal thing for a while.

Superchop 7
03-05-2008, 12:32 AM
You guys are whining about a 7 day ban.

I do those standing on my head.

Snapping Turtle
03-05-2008, 01:09 AM
I'm not saying that whatever Dream did wasn't a bad thing...I just think that there is a a lot of hypocrisy on these boards. Its just....slightly upsetting.

BroncoBJ
03-05-2008, 02:06 AM
I agree with the people talking about him being attacked. It reminds me of that JayCutty dolla guy or whatever. People didn't like him from the old board and they constintantly picked on him. I dont know what he did to get banned but I know that he got egged on and stuff
Same with Dream. Everywhere he posts I see about 5 people go right towards him and make a comment towards him. I dont know how Dream can handle it. If I got treated and picked on as much as him I would probably put a gun to my head and end my life because I dont tolerate that stuff.

So I think we should do something about constantly picking on posters and stuff. oh well. It happens and the 7 days will be here shortly. It will give him more time to get an updated Mock ready for us all. :elefant:

SR
03-05-2008, 02:14 AM
You guys are whining about a 7 day ban.

I do those standing on my head.

We wish it was longer.

SR
03-05-2008, 02:15 AM
I dont know how Dream can handle it. If I got treated and picked on as much as him I would probably put a gun to my head and end my life because I dont tolerate that stuff.

Dude. This is the ******* internet. If you can't handle a little bullshit, don't come here. If you're willing to kill yourself because of someone talking shit to you on the internet, by all means don't wait for us.

BroncoBJ
03-05-2008, 02:24 AM
Someone needs to detect a little sarcasm :coffee:

SR
03-05-2008, 02:32 AM
Someone needs to detect a little sarcasm :coffee:

Sarcasm + drunk + message board = Dream is banned.

Poet
03-05-2008, 03:35 AM
Sarcasm + drunk + message board = Dream is banned.

Often times for me Sarcasm+drunk+anything =sad times and loss of memories.

Yeah, Dream brings it upon himself. But when you get picked on for something you said that got taken out of context it is pretty friggin weak.

Davii
03-05-2008, 05:22 AM
Often times for me Sarcasm+drunk+anything =sad times and loss of memories.

Yeah, Dream brings it upon himself. But when you get picked on for something you said that got taken out of context it is pretty friggin weak.

Damn college kids.

fcspikeit
03-05-2008, 05:42 AM
I read the thread last night after it was locked... From all the edited post's, one could tell the mods were busy :D

What I seen is that you had 2 people who pride themselves on being able to recognize talent.. When that was put to question it went down hill from there...

I have been treated nothing but fair here by the mods, I have no reason to believe Dream or anyone else would be treated unfairly..

That being said, I have never had a problem with Dream, I can't think of one time he has ever said anything downgrading to me..

I hope he comes back to the board after his ban, IMO he has a lot to offer this community,, If it wasn't for him and Boss our draft forum wouldn't be half what it is...

Poet
03-05-2008, 05:50 AM
Damn college kids.

You say that now. However, when I am voting for better treatment of the elderly, in other words YOU old timer, you are going to go DAYUM LIBERAL COLLEGES PWN BONES!;)

schnooks1
03-05-2008, 06:37 AM
I agree with the people talking about him being attacked. It reminds me of that JayCutty dolla guy or whatever. People didn't like him from the old board and they constintantly picked on him. I dont know what he did to get banned but I know that he got egged on and stuff
Same with Dream. Everywhere he posts I see about 5 people go right towards him and make a comment towards him. I dont know how Dream can handle it. If I got treated and picked on as much as him I would probably put a gun to my head and end my life because I dont tolerate that stuff.

So I think we should do something about constantly picking on posters and stuff. oh well. It happens and the 7 days will be here shortly. It will give him more time to get an updated Mock ready for us all. :elefant:

Well I wasn't on the other board, and didn't know Dream from anywhere but here, and he made his own impression with Me! He likes to come in and bait people into attacking him, and that gets him all fired up.

He argues his side with attitude and disrespect and for no real reason then to rile people up. He isn't out to make a point, or try to pursade, just to disagree. Then he whines about it when he gets the 1-2 punch!

It has NOTHING to do with him being young! Anyone of any age that played the game like Dream does, would get the same response! Joking is one thing but when you attack and don't expect the other side to fire back, you are not being smart! Smart has nothing to do with age!!

SmilinAssasSin27
03-05-2008, 09:12 AM

My guess is that Dream likes it. I think he comes off as cocky, arrogant and somewhat condascending...but it's only an internet message board. Hardly sumthin to get upset over. When he says something I think is stupid, I tell him...or anyone else...ask Boss. We used to NEVER agree on ANYTHING. It was almost a given that if he said peanut butter, I'd say jelly. Again, some people thrive on the "drama" and enjoy the banter. To me, he sees to be that guy. Nothing wrong w/ it as long as a line isn't crossed.

As far as Mr. Money Bags...dude was just an ass. He often resorted to namecalling and wanted to cyberfight. I truly believe his enjoyment in life is to go on random messageboards just to start trouble and see who he could bait. We don't need that here.

BOSSHOGG30
03-05-2008, 09:48 AM
My guess is that Dream likes it. I think he comes off as cocky, arrogant and somewhat condascending...but it's only an internet message board. Hardly sumthin to get upset over. When he says something I think is stupid, I tell him...or anyone else...ask Boss. We used to NEVER agree on ANYTHING. It was almost a given that if he said peanut butter, I'd say jelly. Again, some people thrive on the "drama" and enjoy the banter. To me, he sees to be that guy. Nothing wrong w/ it as long as a line isn't crossed.

As far as Mr. Money Bags...dude was just an ass. He often resorted to namecalling and wanted to cyberfight. I truly believe his enjoyment in life is to go on random messageboards just to start trouble and see who he could bait. We don't need that here.

He is right... and now I have Smilin under my control:beer::D

SmilinAssasSin27
03-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Yes master...

Snapping Turtle
03-05-2008, 10:45 AM
Dude. This is the ******* internet. If you can't handle a little bullshit, don't come here. If you're willing to kill yourself because of someone talking shit to you on the internet, by all means don't wait for us.

Maybe more people need to think that way...like the people who reported him. I don't know...it seems to me that Dream likes a good argument and he likes stirring the pot, so maybe people could just take any rude comments he says with a grain of salt. I understand that there is a line that can be crossed and that some things should be worth a banning but I think that there is more going on than any of us knows. Clearly this isn't a one-sided attack by Dream.

SR
03-05-2008, 10:48 AM
Maybe more people need to think that way...like the people who reported him. I don't know...it seems to me that Dream likes a good argument and he likes stirring the pot, so maybe people could just take any rude comments he says with a grain of salt. I understand that there is a line that can be crossed and that some things should be worth a banning but I think that there is more going on than any of us knows. Clearly this isn't a one-sided attack by Dream.

There's a difference between giving someone a little shit because they say dumb things and reporting someone for saying dumb things.

For example, I give some people here a lot of shit, but I would never report someone for giving me shit. If that makes sense...I dunno...still trying to recover from last night.

Snapping Turtle
03-05-2008, 12:00 PM
There's a difference between giving someone a little shit because they say dumb things and reporting someone for saying dumb things.

For example, I give some people here a lot of shit, but I would never report someone for giving me shit. If that makes sense...I dunno...still trying to recover from last night.

Yeah...it makes sense. I dont know...I just don't see the need to report anyone really...this is the internet after all.

Rex
03-05-2008, 12:06 PM
Dream got banned huh. Sorry I missed it.

BOSSHOGG30
03-05-2008, 12:09 PM
Can I report my own post?

Lonestar
03-05-2008, 02:15 PM

I'll do it for you! ask any time!!!!!

BroncoBJ
03-05-2008, 04:29 PM
yea it is the internet which means anything.
I'm living in Arkansas right now. Only on the internet is that possible. :salute:

Lonestar
03-05-2008, 05:55 PM

Since you did now your gonna get dinged for filling a false report like 3 days banned from posting..

Never mind you did that last week..:salute:

Watchthemiddle
03-05-2008, 06:44 PM
:coffee:

aberdien
03-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Snapping Turtle...I would give you multiple high fives because I agree with you.

Shit.

slim
03-05-2008, 11:44 PM
Who is dream?

Snapping Turtle
03-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Snapping Turtle...I would give you multiple high fives because I agree with you.

Shit.

Haha thanks. :lol:

Nomad
03-06-2008, 08:32 PM
:coffee:

My thoughts too! For a guy who gets on so many nerves around here, he sure does get alot of attention when he's gone. :coffee:

Snapping Turtle
03-06-2008, 08:54 PM
My thoughts too! For a guy who is so disliked, he sure does get alot of attention when he's gone. :coffee:

I don't think he is disliked by everyone.

claymore
03-06-2008, 08:56 PM
I didnt dislike Dream by any stretch of the imagination, but havent seen anyone stick up for him.

SR
03-06-2008, 09:35 PM
I didnt dislike Dream by any stretch of the imagination, but havent seen anyone stick up for him.

After hearing about his latest shenanigans, I'll never do anything nice for him or display any kind of friendliness towards him.

claymore
03-06-2008, 09:37 PM
After hearing about his latest shenanigans, I'll never do anything nice for him or display any kind of friendliness towards him.

I didnt hear or see, it, Im naive. I have no Idea what happened.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-06-2008, 09:54 PM
My thoughts too! For a guy who gets on so many nerves around here, he sure does get alot of attention when he's gone. :coffee:

I just asked a question and...BAM!

BroncoBJ
03-07-2008, 12:37 AM
I'm lost and need someone to fill me in. I like to know everything that happens on every msg board. :salute:

slim
03-07-2008, 12:40 AM
I'm lost and need someone to fill me in. I like to know everything that happens on every msg board. :salute:

Dream was banned.

Enjoy the rest of your day.

Snapping Turtle
03-07-2008, 12:41 AM

Dream was banned...and people are obsessing over it. :rolleyes:

OB
03-07-2008, 12:46 AM
Dream was banned...and people are obsessing over it. :rolleyes:

Its like xmas - u know its gonna happen but you cant help but be over excited when the day arrives :D

mind you dream n i have patched our MANY differences from the other board - but i see him demonstrating the same behavior here he did when he first came to BM and had to straighten out - ive had my fair share of bans - he did also - some of mine were because of him

So u need not forget those in charge here already know his style

BroncoBJ
03-07-2008, 01:26 AM
Thanks everyone for filling me in. I learned a lot now.
I can now enjoy the rest of my night and get a good night sleep. :elefant:

:salute:

Snapping Turtle
03-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Is it just me...or does it sound like people are trying to parent Dream?

OB
03-07-2008, 12:10 PM
Is it just me...or does it sound like people are trying to parent Dream?

Damn it - Dream is not a kid - He is in college and is like 20 or something - sheesh :rolleyes:

:D

Poet
03-07-2008, 01:38 PM
Damn it - Dream is not a kid - He is in college and is like 20 or something - sheesh :rolleyes:

:D

If Dream was your child, would you beat him?

BroncoJoe
03-07-2008, 01:42 PM

I respectfully decline to answer that question on the grounds it may get me banned.

OB
03-07-2008, 02:37 PM

Ive never beaten my kids (although they have given me reasons to on more than several occasions) - ive spanked them though - I could never produce a child like Dream - - ive got two (19/15) and they are in no way shape or form anything like him - not sure if thats good or bad at this point - i give dream props for at least being a responsible "young adult"

And neither of them care enough about internet BS to join a MB at their age - their biggest worries on the WWW are myspace and downloading songs (legally of course ;) ) - oh and well my son is 15 - so lets just say im sure there are a few "other" sites he prefers to football although football would be #2 on the list :lol:

Day1BroncoFan
03-07-2008, 02:37 PM

If he was my child, I wouldn't need to.

fcspikeit
03-07-2008, 04:15 PM
There sure seems to be a lot of Dream haters here...

I have never put Dream among the would be trouble makers, I spend a lot of time here too.. For the most part I don't know WTH most of you are talking about?

I have seen him come down on people for what he feels are stupid ideas but by no stretch of the imagination is he any worse then most around here who believe they have more insight then everyone else...

Every time someone post's a 'What do you think about picking up this guy" there are at least 3 people who slap them around for even bringing it up. Why is Dreams actions held in such low regard when the same thing is done by multiple members here?

Don't miss understand, I am not questioning the banning, But I am a bit surprised at the amount of animosity Dream is getting?

I can't help but feel this is coming from none football related incidence...

BroncoBJ
03-07-2008, 04:16 PM
I've got 2 kids. Ages 1 and 2 months old and I whip thier little asses with a belt whenever they talk trash to me. :fight:

dogfish
03-07-2008, 04:28 PM

I have never put Dream among the would be trouble makers, I spend a lot of time here too.. For the most part I don't know WTH most of you are talking about?

I have seen him come down on people for what he feels are stupid ideas but by no stretch of the imagination is he any worse then most around here who believe they have more insight then everyone else...

Every time someone post's a 'What do you think about picking up this guy" there are at least 3 people who slap them around for even bringing it up. Why is Dreams actions held in such low regard when the same thing is done by multiple members here?

Don't miss understand, I am not questioning the banning, But I am a bit surprised at the amount of animosity Dream is getting?

it's got nothing to do with football posts-- we all know that dream cn be arrogant, but this intense dislike is because his political opinions differ from the majority of people here. . .

Dreadnought
03-07-2008, 04:46 PM
it's got nothing to do with football posts-- we all know that dream cn be arrogant, but this intense dislike is because his political opinions differ from the majority of people here. . .

I'm not so sure there Dogfish. A lot of posters with a wide variety of beliefs get along very well here. I'm a fan of DallasChief and Buff Bronco Fan, among others, with whom I agree on virtually nothing outside of football. I suspect you and I would have a few differences of opinion (except on Beer), but I consider you one of the best poster's here, and always enjoy your stuff.

I think what you are referencing has more to do with sarcasm and wise-Assery than differing opinions. Sarcasm, if not handled very carefully and indirectly, can come across as an insulting and poor imitation of wittiness, and is as grating as nails on a chalkboard.

dogfish
03-07-2008, 04:55 PM
I'm not so sure there Dogfish. A lot of posters with a wide variety of beliefs get along very well here. I'm a fan of DallasChief and Buff Bronco Fan, among others, with whom I agree on virtually nothing outside of football. I suspect you and I would have a few differences of opinion (except on Beer), but I consider you one of the best poster's here, and always enjoy your stuff.

I think what you are referencing has more to do with sarcasm and wise-Assery than differing opinions. Sarcasm, if not handled very carefully and indirectly, can come across as an insulting and poor imitation of wittiness, and is as grating as nails on a chalkboard.

fair point. . .

and thanks!

Jody
03-07-2008, 06:19 PM

So true, so true! Dog and I hardly agree on anything political, but I adore him and respect him. I have become very fond of Buff - he's a very funny poster, although I don't agree often in P&R. King87 is one of my favorites here - he's fiesty and a thinker, but we don't agree on a few things. AlWilson - I rarely agree politically, but I still like him as a poster very much so---he's got a very big heart. I don't expect everyone to agree with my take---that would make for a very boring board.

It would be soooooo easy to simplify this to P&R, but it's so much more than that, and I think you defined it very well, thank you. It's very important to keep one's sense of humor with other posters where possible. There are exceptions, but I guess that's the point....they should remain 'exceptions' and not the 'norm'.

A sign of being banned is not a reflection on the entire board, but on an individual. What would an employer say if you tried to blame your own negative traits on everyone else? "Take responsibility for what you say/do and your final check's in the mail." :D

One other point I'd like to make, posters really should not believe they 'know and see everything' that occurs on this board. There's so much 'behind the scenes' in pm's and with moderator's communication, none of us are privy to. If your own personal experience with a poster is good - be grateful, but don't assume no one else has any legitimate concerns, including the moderators. The mods here are very patient overall.

dogfish
03-07-2008, 06:32 PM
So true, so true! Dog and I hardly agree on anything political

how would you know? i never post in P + R. . . . :lol:

Jody
03-07-2008, 07:16 PM
how would you know? i never post in P + R. . . . :lol:

You really think your political views do not reveal themselves outside of the P&R forum, dog? :confused: They do. :D

dogfish
03-07-2008, 07:40 PM
You really think your political views do not reveal themselves outside of the P&R forum, dog? :confused: They do. :D

no, i think you're making assumptions. . . . ;)

Jody
03-07-2008, 07:54 PM
no, i think you're making assumptions. . . . ;)

I guess this would make a great subject for another thread then.
For politics blend into many different posts within various forums
on this board, just by giving viewpoints on various issues (socially
as well as other topics). ;)

Tned
03-07-2008, 11:19 PM

I'm going to echo what FC said, or I guess just bump it.

Dream may hold views different than many, and might not be afraid to express them, but isn't that what makes a message board ticK? Difrerent people expressing different opinions? Things would be pretty boring if we all felt and said exactly the same things.

This thread was about "why" Dream was banned, which as I said, I won't address beyond what is in the ban/suspend log. However, I would ask that this cease to be a "kick Dream while he is down' thread, as that simply is not very sporting, especially considering he doesn't have the opportunity to kick back at the moment.

anyway, just some random thoughts I thought I would share.

OB
03-08-2008, 12:30 AM
:deadhorse:

Yes lets move on - maybe time to close it?

Dreadnought
03-08-2008, 12:35 AM
...isn't that would makes a message board ticK? Difrerent people expressing different opinions? things would be pretty boring if we all felt and said exactly the same things.

I'll agree there Tned. I'm pretty opinionated myself, and not real bashful about it. I'll argue almost anytime with anyone over anything, but I try not to get personal. I'll vigorously attack a position or a theory, but not the person who forwards it. When I can't do that any longer, I'll ignore the poster in the future. Just being a little careful with words can make a huge difference. There's a big difference between these two statements;

"If you think we need Roc Alexander back in uniform you are an idiot";

and

"It would be idiotic and silly to bring Roc Alexander back in a Denver uniform"

I do believe that in order for a community of any sort to thrive good manners are critical. The CofC is a good one, and its a great board, and we should want to keep it that way. A little more care would help IMO

slim
03-08-2008, 12:37 AM
I'll agree there Tned. I'm pretty opinionated myself, and not real bashful about it. I'll argue almost anytime with anyone over anything, but I try not to get personal. I'll vigorously attack a position or a theory, but not the person who forwards it. When I can't do that any longer, I'll ignore the poster in the future. Just being a little careful with words can make a huge difference. There's a big difference between these two statements;

"If you think we need Roc Alexander back in uniform you are an idiot";

and

"It would be idiotic and silly to bring Roc Alexander back in a Denver uniform"

I do believe that in order for a community of any sort to thrive good manners are critical. The CofC is a good one, and its a great board, and we should want to keep it that way. A little more care would help IMO

Thanks for throwing me under the bus.

BTW..If you think we need Roc Alexander back in uniform you are an idiot.

Dreadnought
03-08-2008, 12:39 AM
Thanks for throwing me under the bus.

BTW..If you think we need Roc Alexander back in uniform you are an idiot.

I wanted to pick an idea for illustration purposes that was so stupid nobody could possibly have ever suggested it! :laugh: