PDA

View Full Version : Which player should Denver prioritize?

broncofaninfla
01-27-2010, 09:12 AM
Which player should Denver prioritize and resign first?

HORSEPOWER 56
01-27-2010, 09:20 AM
Dumervil. I already know that McDaniels doesn't want Marshall around and I don't want Orton around so it was an easy decision for me!

Shazam!
01-27-2010, 09:27 AM
Please. Doom.

CrazyHorse
01-27-2010, 10:24 AM
Dumervil, Orton, Marshall in that order.

pnbronco
01-27-2010, 11:55 AM
Dumervil, Orton, Marshall in that order.

I agree....

Ravage!!!
01-27-2010, 11:58 AM
Dumervil. I already know that McDaniels doesn't want Marshall around and I don't want Orton around so it was an easy decision for me!

Exactly.......

CoachChaz
01-27-2010, 12:03 PM
This may come as a surprise, but if personality clashes and antics were put aside...I'd go with Marshall as my priority. I just think it's easier to replace sacks than it is to replace TD's.

But I dont think we're screwed regardless of which way it goes.

WARHORSE
01-27-2010, 12:17 PM
Get rid of Marshall.

I dont ever want a player who puts himself above his team like he did during the last game.

Gaffney had over 200 yards in the last game. Does that register?

People dont just wake up one day and get 200 yds. He has real ability, and he has played behind the likes of Moss, Welker, Marshall and Royal.

He has produced big time when the ball came his way.

Orton is the priority. Without him, we suffer regardless.
He needs to be under center next year.

Without Doom or Marshall, we get compensated with picks, and theres some good ability in this draft.

We can tender all three at the highest level.

Orton will be tendered, and if someone tries to sign him, (if we havent ourselves) then we will match.

CoachChaz
01-27-2010, 12:20 PM
At the end of the day, i agree War...but based on the thread (and my stipulations), I went with Marshall

pnbronco
01-27-2010, 12:46 PM
War your right, this last year we were terrible without Orton. Did you forget to vote, because Orton still have no votes......:D

(never mind you were faster than me.....)

underrated29
01-27-2010, 12:47 PM
I went with Orton. Our team is hopeless without him. And as much as I really really want bradford, I do not think we will be taking a QB with our top pick.

If Orton is allowed to leave (which he wouldnt) but if he leaves or something we have no one that can replace him (brandy maybe but not confident yet) and our team would collapse without him.

If we lose brandon, or doom (<- likely) we will not collapse.

shank
01-27-2010, 12:50 PM
kuper and prater cause they should be easiest to ink.

or maybe that means we should focus on getting doom signed, and then take care of the easy ones.

broncofaninfla
01-27-2010, 01:06 PM
Marshall is a playmaker who can take over in a game when he is used right. Defenses have to scheme account for him, none of our other current WR's require that much focus from oppossing teams. We need TD's not yards and Marshall is currently our best answer to get them IMO. In Mcd's offensive scheme WE NEED PLAYMAKERS, if we lose Marshall and I'm pretty sure we will, our offense will suffer and be even less effective than it was last year. The picks will be nice for compensation but there will be no guarentee what we will get or when they will actually contribute. If Marshall is gone and Royal isn't schemed in better and doesn't bounce back from his 2008 for we are in trouble at yet another postion on this team. Good thing is the draft and free angency is still ahead.

Doom was awesome for us in 2009 but I can't help and wonder how much of that was Nolan and how effective he would be with a different DC.

Orton.....he's our best current option, I'm hoping that changes soon though. Until then it looks like we are stuck with him.

CoachChaz
01-27-2010, 01:22 PM
Marshall is a playmaker who can take over in a game when he is used right. Defenses have to scheme account for him, none of our other current WR's require that much focus from oppossing teams. We need TD's not yards and Marshall is currently our best answer to get them IMO. In Mcd's offensive scheme WE NEED PLAYMAKERS, if we lose Marshall and I'm pretty sure we will, our offense will suffer and be even less effective than it was last year. The picks will be nice for compensation but there will be no guarentee what we will get or when they will actually contribute. If Marshall is gone and Royal isn't schemed in better and doesn't bounce back from his 2008 for we are in trouble at yet another postion on this team. Good thing is the draft and free angency is still ahead.

Doom was awesome for us in 2009 but I can't help and wonder how much of that was Nolan and how effective he would be with a different DC.

Orton.....he's our best current option, I'm hoping that changes soon though. Until then it looks like we are stuck with him.

Right...because in his 2 biggest games of the season, the opponenet let him do whatever he wanted and they still won...and even when our #2 receiver rolled up 200...we still lost.

I just dont think having Marshall si the answer, like I dont think losing him is the final dagger

broncofaninfla
01-27-2010, 02:51 PM
Right...because in his 2 biggest games of the season, the opponenet let him do whatever he wanted and they still won...and even when our #2 receiver rolled up 200...we still lost.

I just dont think having Marshall si the answer, like I dont think losing him is the final dagger

They gave him the underneath stuff and kept the gains minimal with coverage assignments geared at playing him that way. Mcd didn't adjust, took the dink and dunk and we lost.

I agree, wouldn't say the final dagger but a blow none the less. I'm optimistic the Broncos brass has a plan but I hope that plan isn't Gaffney.

Northman
01-27-2010, 02:59 PM
Doom, no question about it.

camdisco24
01-27-2010, 04:28 PM
Doom. He is a key member of our Defense and we need guys like that to stick around. Plus, he plays for the TEAM and not himself.

dunk7
01-27-2010, 05:10 PM
Assuming the relationship with Marshall can't be mended, then Doom is the only answer. I don't even know why Orton is on the list. Give him a case of beer and send him on his way. Brandy can throw 5 yards passes just as well.

camdisco24
01-27-2010, 06:24 PM
Assuming the relationship with Marshall can't be mended, then Doom is the only answer. I don't even know why Orton is on the list. Give him a case of beer and send him on his way. Brandy can throw 5 yards passes just as well.

Before we send Orton packing.... Think back to week 11 when Mr. Simms was at center.

:Nightmares:

In the same system Orton preforms decent in, Simms couldnt do squat. Orton is more to this team than people give him credit for. If let him go we are taking a huge risk at QB. At least with Orton, we have a guy who can manage the game somewhat. We have to resign him... after we sign Doom.

(Not saying he's the long term answer, but for now, he's our QB)

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-27-2010, 06:44 PM
I voted Marshall, but I also like this guy
http://i588.photobucket.com/albums/ss325/tjmeaney3/Denver%20Broncos/08-KyleOrton.png
He can keep the seat warm a few years for our next elite franchise QB.

EMB6903
01-27-2010, 07:09 PM
Marshall is clearly the best out of the 3 but Ill go with Dumervil at the right price.

A good pass rush is much more effective and a lot harder to find then an elite WR.

JDL
01-27-2010, 11:21 PM
I voted for Orton. Couple reasons.

1) Denver has zero chance at success next year without a competent, albeit unspectacular QB.

2) Doom supposedly wants Ware money, which as much as I like the guy and everyone does, just simply doesn't equal his production. He is a 1-dimensional player who is damn good at what he does. If that is his starting point, I don't see any chance of either side bridging the gap between his actual value and his perceived value, so I'd rather the team focus on Orton.

In all honesty, F Marshall - Great WR but he committed an unforgivable sin bailing on his teammates. I would never accept someone like that as a teammate, ever. So, better to move on and hope we get good value.

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-28-2010, 12:33 AM
I voted for Orton. Couple reasons.

1) Denver has zero chance at success next year without a competent, albeit unspectacular QB.

2) Doom supposedly wants Ware money, which as much as I like the guy and everyone does, just simply doesn't equal his production. He is a 1-dimensional player who is damn good at what he does. If that is his starting point, I don't see any chance of either side bridging the gap between his actual value and his perceived value, so I'd rather the team focus on Orton.

In all honesty, F Marshall - Great WR but he committed an unforgivable sin bailing on his teammates. I would never accept someone like that as a teammate, ever. So, better to move on and hope we get good value.

Doom is the best pash rusher in football atm, but there's alot more to playing OLB than pass rushing

That said, 3rd down sacks are a huge deal. Tough choice between Orton and Dumervil, I've got good money on Denver keeping both.

frenchfan
01-28-2010, 02:55 AM
Which player should Denver prioritize and resign first?No hesitation here : DOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMM !!!!

Then, signe Orton but without a big contract... Save the money and invest on our issues... I mean Lines... and a NT please !
Have a thought on WR because IMO we'll trade BM...
Try to find our QB for the future either on a sleeper draft round or next years...

Just my 2 cents though...

Broncolingus
01-28-2010, 10:17 AM
Probably Doom...

Traveler
01-28-2010, 11:21 AM
Two schools of thought here.

1. Let Marshall, Dumervil, and Kuper leave through FA and receive picks as compensation. Only follow this path if McDaniels truly wants to continue the rebuilding effort and transition to the power run game and 3-4 defense, won-loss record not withstanding.

2. Focus on retaining Dumervil and offer Orton a short term deal since McDaniles hasn't pubically committed to him long term. Hopefully, Orton will take it. Tender everyone else as highly as fiscally makes sense.