PDA

View Full Version : Marshall plan could work for Rams

JONtheBRONCO
01-27-2010, 12:24 AM
Marshall plan could work for Rams

Brandon Marshall | Broncos | Interested: Dolphins?, Rams?, Cardinals?, Cowboys?, Patriots?, Bengals?, Seahawks?, Redskins?, Ravens?

Amongst the many possible trading partners to whom the Denver Broncos could send Brandon Marshall, the team that is perhaps the most offensively bankrupt is the St. Louis Rams. The Rams need a new QB, some WRs, and probably a backup RB to take some pressure off Steven Jackson, to boot. But would they really swap first round picks with the Broncos, and sign Marshall to a new, lucrative deal?

Turf Show Times examines the possibility, with an interesting financial sidenote: the salary they'd have to lay out for Marshall and the Broncos' first-rounder (No. 10 or 11 overall) would probably be less than what they'd have to give to Ndamu- ... err, the first overall pick. With that No. 10 or 11, they can land their QB. Of those who've voted on the site, 39 percent are in favor.

While all of the trade scenarios have varying degrees of likelihood, there's really no hope that Marshall stays in Denver:

Bill Williamson

Return package could be huge for Brandon

"Marshall will be gone. The Broncos are fed up with him. The team doesn't want to deal with Marshall anymore. If it is an uncapped year, Marshall will be a restricted free agent. Thus, the team could end up getting a high draft pick for him or essentially work out a trade for Marshall."

Destinations for Brandon

The first speculation was that Marshall would be headed to the Seahawks or the Redskins, via two of our NFL Nation bloggers.

Cincinnati has the need for a second WR to go along with Chad Ochocinco, but we're not sure the Bengals would want another head case.

The Cowboys need a legitimate No. 1 WR and Jerry Jones would have no problem forking out cash for a new deal to Marshall.

What about the Pats? Randy Moss isn't getting any younger, and Wes Welker might be a shell of his former self after shredding his knee.

Dave Krieger of a href="http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14255783" target=new>the Denver Post speculated on some new spots this past weekend: the Ravens, Dolphins and Cardinals.

Magnificent Seven
01-27-2010, 01:53 AM
Marshall plan could work for Rams

Brandon Marshall | Broncos | Interested: Dolphins?, Rams?, Cardinals?, Cowboys?, Patriots?, Bengals?, Seahawks?, Redskins?, Ravens?

Amongst the many possible trading partners to whom the Denver Broncos could send Brandon Marshall, the team that is perhaps the most offensively bankrupt is the St. Louis Rams. The Rams need a new QB, some WRs, and probably a backup RB to take some pressure off Steven Jackson, to boot. But would they really swap first round picks with the Broncos, and sign Marshall to a new, lucrative deal?

Turf Show Times examines the possibility, with an interesting financial sidenote: the salary they'd have to lay out for Marshall and the Broncos' first-rounder (No. 10 or 11 overall) would probably be less than what they'd have to give to Ndamu- ... err, the first overall pick. With that No. 10 or 11, they can land their QB. Of those who've voted on the site, 39 percent are in favor.

While all of the trade scenarios have varying degrees of likelihood, there's really no hope that Marshall stays in Denver:

Bill Williamson

Return package could be huge for Brandon

"Marshall will be gone. The Broncos are fed up with him. The team doesn't want to deal with Marshall anymore. If it is an uncapped year, Marshall will be a restricted free agent. Thus, the team could end up getting a high draft pick for him or essentially work out a trade for Marshall."

Destinations for Brandon

The first speculation was that Marshall would be headed to the Seahawks or the Redskins, via two of our NFL Nation bloggers.

Cincinnati has the need for a second WR to go along with Chad Ochocinco, but we're not sure the Bengals would want another head case.

The Cowboys need a legitimate No. 1 WR and Jerry Jones would have no problem forking out cash for a new deal to Marshall.

What about the Pats? Randy Moss isn't getting any younger, and Wes Welker might be a shell of his former self after shredding his knee.

Dave Krieger of a href="http://www.denverpost.com/premium/broncos/ci_14255783" target=new>the Denver Post speculated on some new spots this past weekend: the Ravens, Dolphins and Cardinals.

Bowlen! Just sign Marshall to a new deal! Cut Orton and draft Tim Tebow! :D

Dirk
01-27-2010, 06:20 AM

If that happened the defense isn't good enough to overcome a rookie QB season and a lot of the posters on this board would be on meds by the end of the year. :shocked:

claymore
01-27-2010, 07:38 AM
If that happened the defense isn't good enough to overcome a rookie QB season and a lot of the posters on this board would be on meds by the end of the year. :shocked:

Id rather watch a rookie than the offense we showcased last year.

Dirk
01-27-2010, 08:11 AM

Now Clay...you know that if we got a rookie in here and he started throwing INTs like a mad man and the offense didn't produce you would be looking for a branch to throw McD's rope over. :lol:

claymore
01-27-2010, 08:19 AM
Now Clay...you know that if we got a rookie in here and he started throwing INTs like a mad man and the offense didn't produce you would be looking for a branch to throw McD's rope over. :lol:

Not at all. If we had a ten year vet that flipped off the fans and threw INT's I would go Bonkers. But I will give a Young player time to develop.

If MCD had him rated as a first and he slipped to another round and he traded a future first on him, I would be angry as well.

Other than that I would be good with it.

SR
01-27-2010, 10:52 AM

That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

Biz1
01-27-2010, 10:57 AM

Cutting Orton and trying to develop an untested rookie would set your organization back 3 years.

Biz1
01-27-2010, 10:58 AM
That's the dumbest shit I've ever heard.

Didn't see this until posted the same.:D

Hoser
01-29-2010, 04:14 AM

There's a big difference between rookie and Tim Tebow. Have you not seen how terrible he's looked at the Senior Bowl? He's done nothing but destroy his stock, and many scouts are having trouble keeping him at a 3rd round grade right now.

Chris90210
01-29-2010, 06:13 AM

:lol:yea draft tebow if he drops to the 5th round. He'd make a decent backup

HORSEPOWER 56
01-29-2010, 08:30 AM
Cutting Orton and trying to develop an untested rookie would set your organization back 3 years.

I know, it's terrible how badly rookie QBs are doing in their first year - Sanchez, Ryan, Stafford, heck even Vince Young. Those guys were just so terrible and their teams were so much worse for it...

Oh, wait.

CoachChaz
01-29-2010, 08:33 AM
There's a big difference between rookie and Tim Tebow. Have you not seen how terrible he's looked at the Senior Bowl? He's done nothing but destroy his stock, and many scouts are having trouble keeping him at a 3rd round grade right now.

Not defending Tebow, but when was the last time any QB looked great at the Senior Bowl. New center, new offense, new receivers, DB's know the routes as well as the offense does. It's just not a situation where a QB has much room for success.

Plus, Tebow started the week with strep throat, so being sick on top of all the other reasons can help. I'm not advocationg drafting him...just saying

claymore
01-29-2010, 08:49 AM
The only reason I think it would be bad for the team is because we dont have a real QB coach. Something McD should be able to delegate, instead he has to set his Brother up for success, teach him, and the QB.

Nomad
01-29-2010, 08:56 AM
The only reason I think it would be bad for the team is because we dont have a real QB coach. Something McD should be able to delegate, instead he has to set his Brother up for success, teach him, and the QB.

If you had a brother, you wouldn't hire him and give him on the job training!! I would especially at the expense of another! Now we all know who Ben McDaniels is....thanks big brother:)!!

TXBRONC
01-29-2010, 09:36 AM
I know, it's terrible how badly rookie QBs are doing in their first year - Sanchez, Ryan, Stafford, heck even Vince Young. Those guys were just so terrible and their teams were so much worse for it...

Oh, wait.

I wouldn't say that Stafford and Sanchez had good rookie seasons statistically speaking. That aside what's the one thing Sanchez, Ryan, Young, Flacco had in common during their rookie seasons? They had all had a strong running game that they could rely and their defenses played very well during their rookie seasons.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-29-2010, 03:32 PM
I wouldn't say that Stafford and Sanchez had good rookie seasons statistically speaking. That aside what's the one thing Sanchez, Ryan, Young, Flacco had in common during their rookie seasons? They had all had a strong running game that they could rely and their defenses played very well during their rookie seasons.

They had pretty good HC's too. So, except for Sanchez, which one of those QBs had a defense ranked at #7? How many of them had Brandon Marshall, Eddie Royal, Tony Scheffler, Brandon Stokely, etc at their disposal? If any offense was built for a rookie QB to drive, it's us. Well it would've been us, but now Marshall's leaving so **** it.

My point is, a rookie could've easily done what Orton did this past year, and he could probably throw it down field a little, too.

Nomad
01-29-2010, 03:39 PM
Reading at BM, some poster got this from another place/site, anyway would anyone consider this!! It was the writers opinion!!

Brandon Marshall to Tampa Bay for Two 2nd-round picks (35th, 42nd overall) and 5th-round pick

CoachChaz
01-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Reading at BM, some poster got this from another place/site, anyway would anyone consider this!! It was the writers opinion!!

Brandon Marshall to Tampa Bay for Two 2nd-round picks (35th, 42nd overall) and 5th-round pick

I'd jump all over it

underrated29
01-29-2010, 03:59 PM
thats about what i expect. Maybe take let them keep the 5th and give us rights to Antonio Bryant.

I know he is a FA/RFA- but I would like him here, even with his issues. He seems to just want to play and for a team that does not Blow.

We could land pouncey, demarius thomas (marshall clone, if we dont keep bryant), Brandon spikes if we do keep bryant , my boy Kyle wilson (if he did not move himself into the 1st.) all with our 2nds. Still in addition to having our #1.

Poet
01-29-2010, 04:00 PM

Oh, wait.

Sanchez actually played badly for the year. The Jets went to great lengths to hide him in the offense. Matt Ryan was an exception, to a certain extent so was Flacco. Stafford wasn't a world beater either. Vince Young was a perfect storm his rookie year. If you can find a guy who can run like that coupled with a defense as good as the Titans had (you don't have that) then sure, go for it.

The Broncos should consider taking a QB if they don't think Brandstater is the future, but you don't want him starting.