PDA

View Full Version : Chris Long... What are the Bronco's chances of getting him?

Nature Boy
03-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Watching Chris Long at the NFL Combine covered on the NFL network, I was awestruck by how a guy that big can move the way he did. The way he back peddled would make most 245lb linebackers and some DBs jealous.

What if any chance does the Broncos have at getting this guy?

Most draft experts have him projected to go in the top 5-6. Everyone is comparing him to Patrick Kearney. Jarvis Moss didn't impress anyone his rookie year. Chris Long may be the DE Mike Shanny had always dreamed of.

The Broncos draft at 12. How can the Broncos move 6-7 spots up the board to get this guy?

I say we trade our 12th pick plus next year's 1st round pick(I'm projecting 19-21st spot for 2009) up to get Chris Long. The Jets have the 6th pick. Think the Jets would bite on this? Would Mike Shannahan even consider such a move? maybe not, Coach Shanny is a trade down to get more picks kind of guy than up to get less, but he did it for Cutler and Chris Long will not be some average DE.

I know, it'll never happen but it's draft season and it's something to ponder.

str8jacket
03-03-2008, 10:51 PM
Wall.

SmilinAssasSin27
03-03-2008, 10:51 PM
How do you spell zero? Huh, I think I just did it. Well...anyhoo...zero.

BOSSHOGG30
03-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Wall.

Your wall is stupid and you jumping on every thread posting wall is annoying.

(I love freedom of speech)

DenBronx
03-03-2008, 11:13 PM
chris long will be gone before pick 3.

id rather see jake long as a bronco though to tell you the truth. but he will also be LONG gone. (sorry couldnt resist)

Nature Boy
03-03-2008, 11:16 PM
To the Draft gurus... What is the board value of the current year's 12th pick plus the following year's 1st round pick(roughly +/- 16th pick). Is that enough to move 6 spots up the board to trade for the 6th from 12th? just pondering.

JONtheBRONCO
03-03-2008, 11:17 PM
None.

DenBronx
03-03-2008, 11:21 PM
To the Draft gurus... What is the board value of the current year's 12th pick plus the following year's 1st round pick(roughly +/- 16th pick). Is that enough to move 6 spots up the board to trade for the 6th from 12th? just pondering.

we have too many needs to draft up man. we will sit tight or draft down...all the good free agent DTs are gone so we might look to the draft and hoard a couple. if we trade up then that hurts the chances of us picking up some solid players in the later rounds.