PDA

View Full Version : please rate me fantasy team..the moneys down

broncos9697
09-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Will all members please rate my team for this week..
I am in a league where I paid 85.00 to enter its 10 teams..
points are based on 6pts for TD,one point for every 25 yds for WR,TE,&RB..
int count against you -2 and so does fumbles -2.
def get points...fg's 3 points for 0-49 anything over 49 i get 6 points...
here's my team..
starters this week
1.QB leinart
2.RB r brown
3 rb b.westbrook
4.WR I bruce
5.WR c.Johnson
6.WR j porter
7 TE r mcmichael
8.K j feely
9 def-st vikings
bench
1.QB cutler
2.RB a peterson
3WR p burress
4TE d. graham
5. def-st colts..
please let me know what you think am i going to be all right for the season..

broncos9697
09-07-2007, 04:12 PM
I think I have a great line up...I got westbrook in the 2nd round how I dont know..

BroncoWave
09-07-2007, 10:37 PM
Sorry, but I think that's a pretty bad team for a 10 team league. QB's are average, RBs aren't very good beside Westbrook. WRs are good but that position is the most inconsistent position in fantasy. TEs aren't too good and K and DEF are OK.

omac
09-07-2007, 11:11 PM
1.QB leinart - Well, since the QBs TDs aren't worth less in this league, and apparantly no points for QB passing yardage, it would've been nice if you got a QB that's made a lot of TDs. Still, for this week's matchup, it looks pretty good .... 3 really great receivers against a team that ranked in the bottom 4th in passing defense last year. You might have the advantage here, unless you're up against Peyton Manning or Carson Palmer.

2.RB r brown - going up against Washington, bottom 5th of the league against the run .... pretty good.

3 rb b.westbrook - going up against GB, above average against the run ... good.

4.WR I bruce - if Holt isn't 100%, he may get more looks than usual, so that's pretty good. Carolina, however, was top 4 against the pass. Also, the Rams are 2 years removed from Martz, so I wouldn't know if they'll still be as good offensively. I think he'll be below average on this game.

5.WR c.Johnson - the coach is having him 3rd on the depth chart (grrrr .....), so he won't have as many looks. It is a high passing offense, so that's good. They are going up against Oakland, which had the best pass defense last season. When you add those up, Johnson doesn't look to have a good game. They don't seem to be utilizing Johnson's full potential yet, if the preseason is any indication. They have to give him more looks.

6.WR j porter - never impressed with Porter; he's been overated for a while now, because of this 'great potential'. Then again, Detroit was at the bottom 4th of the league passing, so if there's any team he should shine against, this is it. Add to that Culpepper has the arm for the deep threat. He might have a breakout game here.

7 TE r mcmichael - based on his stats, he'll probably get you 1 or 2 points, unless he scores a TD, though he's only had 3 all of last season, so that's doubtful. He is on a new team that passed a lot last year, so who knows. This is probably a wash.

8.K j feely - kickers ... usually not much difference between the top and the average, I think, so probably a wash.

9 def-st vikings - Last season, the vikings were top against the run and bottom against the pass. The Falcons are a great rushing team, but they lost Vick who contributed to that. Then there's Joey Harrington. Some Viking fans seemed concerned that the spread offense installed by new Falcons coach Petrino is the bane of the Vikings defense ... similar to a New England attack. Flip a coin, either Harrington gets sacked and intercepted, or he looks like Tom Brady. :cheers:

bench
1.QB cutler
2.RB a peterson
3WR p burress
4TE d. graham
5. def-st colts..
please let me know what you think am i going to be all right for the season..

Hehe, imagine if you played your Colts defense, but who knew? I guess the question is, would you confidently start your Colts defense based on this game, over a proven Vikings defense? :D

If QBs don't get points for yardage, but only for TDs, then Cutler MIGHT be a better producer than Leinart. Though Denver runs the ball a lot, Cutler has shown in his brief stint last season that he knows how to find the endzone. If he continued that production, that equates to about 28 TDs a season, which would put him among the league's best. That's a big IF though.

Peterson might be better than one or both of your starters mid to late season, based purely on his potential.

Burress is an enigma; he has the talent, but doesn't seem to have the work ethic. He's the #1 WR and they play Dallas, bottom 3rd in the league passing last season, so he might be a better choice than Bruce who goes up against a tough pass defense, or CJ who's a #3 WR going up against a REALLY tough pass defense.

Btw, these are just my opinions ... and they're probably all wrong, hehehe :D

broncos9697
09-11-2007, 04:06 PM
I won week one 108-86.....and QB's get 1 point for every 25 yrads like RB..
qb spot hurt me
rb did good but not brown.
wr did good
TE 1 ponit bad.
k 9 points good
def..did great lots of points....
I am so happy this is my first league that I paid to be in...
before it was just a bunch of friends that did it for fun..