PDA

View Full Version : The official Brett Farve Interception Excuse Thread for ESPN :D

Medford Bronco
01-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Okay Brett did the WR run the wrong route or were you too beat up to make a smart decision and not throw into coverage and run for 5 yards to set up a potenial gw fg in a dome with an excellent kicker. Aikman said you learn in pee wee football not to throw across your body into the middle of the field. Smart play for a 19 year vet. :lol: and some think Cutler will mature. I hate the old 'gunslinger' attitute. high risk means losses. Elway has it while he was young but he actually matured and stopped the dumb throws for the most part when Shanny became coach. You get better with experience not worse right Brett.

"It was the Packers fans fault"

The ball was too slick, that is why peterson fumbled 3 times
and the other wr did as well at the 10 (cant remember his name, too lazy too look lol)

It was the ac being turned on in the Superdome. Too windy ;p

okay great Bronco please insert your Farve excuse.:lol:

I know he said 'I want to be on ESPN for 2356565656 spots from now until training camp and if I won the Super Bowl I would have to retire' lol

or as that moron Tom Jackson (on TV not the player) said. "I admire Farve for not being afraid to throw a pick" are you kidding me? Isnt the way to win is NOT to turn the ball over. Jackson and his suck up buddy Chris Berman missed the boat on this one. This is why I like the NFL Network so much better than these blowhards.

Glad we dont have to hear about Farve vs Manning 123156415641561561561561561561561 times on ESPN this week.

I feel bad for Peterson as he is a great talent and not an excuse maker like some are.

Farve is a self absorbed moron. He must own a spell on the National Media or something.

If anyone else lost some of the games that Farve has lost in his career that is 4-7 since 1998 in the playoffs with 14 tds and 16 picks, they would be scolded or ridiculed.

I just wish he lost to GB and that would have been the ultimate justice. Maybe next years playoffs as Farve is only 3 tds away from 500.

He will be back but wont let us know until Aug 15th so he can skip camp like usual.

Bretts best Jay Cutler moments since 2004

2001 playoffs vs Rams throw 6 picks.
2003 playoffs vs Philly, in Ot thows pick on first play of ot in divisional playoffs

2007 palyoffs vs Giants in ot thorws pick on first play of ot to lose going to Super Bowl

2009 playoffs, throws pick on 2nd to last play of regulation when if he ran or dumped the ball off in front of him, get to the 30 and Longwell attempts a 48 or 49 yarder.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-25-2010, 09:00 PM
The only thing that made me happier than seeing Brett Favre's crushed look when the Saints' FG went through in OT, was seeing Phyllis Rivers' crushed expression when the Jets knocked them out of the playoffs.

The two NFL players I despise more than any others are no longer in the playoffs. It's been a fantastic playoffs thus far! Geaux Saints! :D

Medford Bronco
01-25-2010, 09:08 PM
The only thing that made me happier than seeing Brett Favre's crushed look when the Saints' FG went through in OT, was seeing Phyllis Rivers' crushed expression when the Jets knocked them out of the playoffs.

The two NFL players I despise more than any others are no longer in the playoffs. It's been a fantastic playoffs thus far! Geaux Saints! :D

but what is the excuse:confused:

The Wideout ran the wrong route.
I thought we wore the colored jersies in a dome.
:lol:

Farve is a media whore.

Devilspawn
01-25-2010, 09:52 PM
This was the biggest bonehead play he made in the playoffs. Even though I doubt the kick would've been good from 53 had he ran for yardage, he tried to get all Brett Favre on that throw but instead because... well, Brett Favre.

Shazam!
01-25-2010, 11:20 PM
!@#$ Brett Farve. He is best well known for losing the Super Bowl to the Broncos.

ursamajor
01-26-2010, 06:00 AM
_PUAgITZfq0

Be warned, this Queens fan has a potty mouth.

Dirk
01-26-2010, 06:51 AM
Bret, why did you throw that interception? What was going through your mind?

Bret, "Umm, I couldn't get that damn song out of my mind and how I screwed it up, you know....Pants on the ground, Pants on the ground, looking like a fool with your pants on the ground".

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ew_fZsIKtRQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ew_fZsIKtRQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Northman
01-26-2010, 07:16 AM
Well, at least Brett still has Cutler as a fan. lol

ursamajor
01-26-2010, 07:36 AM
Well, at least Brett still has Cutler as a fan. lol

And Madden

Biz1
01-26-2010, 11:02 AM

Farve is a media whore.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3088/2743581613_34c81cedcf.jpg

pnbronco
01-26-2010, 12:44 PM

Farve is a media whore.

Maybe he was thinking he is Football and what everyone wants to see, not that Brees guy. He is entertainment, so if messes up the refs will help him out because the network need him..... ;)

What a jerk. Ive ignored the I'm retiring, no I'm not oh yes oh no. Then when he skipped camp it was like dude who do you think you are. Well when I heard what he said to his coach about being the entertainment I had my answer and cheer against him the rest of the way.

CrazyHorse
01-26-2010, 09:58 PM
It's kind of hard to run on a sprained ankle that occurred from a relentless defense. It's sad to say but Tavaris Jackson would have won the game if he was in. The Vikings got some bad calls though. They were definitely the better team.

Bronco Bible
01-27-2010, 09:47 AM
It's kind of hard to run on a sprained ankle that occurred from a relentless defense. It's sad to say but Tavaris Jackson would have won the game if he was in. The Vikings got some bad calls though. They were definitely the better team.

Vikings got BAD calls are you kidding me what game were you tuned to Horse?

claymore
01-27-2010, 09:56 AM
_PUAgITZfq0

Be warned, this Queens fan has a potty mouth.

Its kind of weird how much I enjoy watching this.

CrazyHorse
01-27-2010, 10:43 AM
Vikings got BAD calls are you kidding me what game were you tuned to Horse?
The touchdown run that was CLEARLY short. Other questionable calls include the 4th down conversion, the completion to Meachem, and pass interference in overtime.

Bronco Bible
01-27-2010, 12:23 PM
The touchdown run that was CLEARLY short. Other questionable calls include the 4th down conversion, the completion to Meachem, and pass interference in overtime.

The PI I will give you the rest your wrong. a 40 year old throwing late over the middle was the Vikings undoing..........

CrazyHorse
01-30-2010, 01:41 PM
The PI I will give you the rest your wrong. a 40 year old throwing late over the middle was the Vikings undoing..........

Don't forget all the fumbles. Those weren't Favre's fault. That one touchdown his knee was clearly down before the ball broke the plane. MN should have challenged.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-30-2010, 03:03 PM

Prolly 'cause you're like me and you look like that every week when Kyle Orton throws the ball. ;)

sneakers
01-31-2010, 01:10 AM
"I've thrown so many before, I didn't think anyone would notice just one more"

ursamajor
02-01-2010, 04:41 PM

Ill give him credit, he finished his basement quite nicely.

claymore
02-01-2010, 04:46 PM
Ill give him credit, he finished his basement quite nicely.

I really respect the way he got his daughter to truly care about the team. Hats off to that guy.

broncophan
02-02-2010, 06:26 AM
I hear Favre will retire....and Adrian Peterson is quitting as well.

They plan to open a bakery and will specialize in turnovers.

dunk7
02-02-2010, 03:00 PM
Prolly 'cause you're like me and you look like that every week when Kyle Orton throws the ball. ;)

Its funny how people are making fun of the Favre excuses yet the koolaid drinkers made the same excuses for Orton's brain farts (people ran the wrong routes, passing interference, etc...)

MNPatsFan
02-02-2010, 04:22 PM
It's sad to say but Tavaris Jackson would have won the game if he was in.No way, T Jack is a horrible QB that was only on the team because Childress refuses to admit he screwed up when he drafted T-Jack and has failed to turn him into an NFL QB

The Vikings got some bad calls though.Both teams got bad calls. The bad calls were divided fairly equally between the two teams. One of the bad call against the Vikes, the PI call, just happened to come in the OT.

No way the officials were going to be able to over turn the jump over the top of the pile for the 1st down call because wasn't indisputable that he didn't make it and therefore call couldn't be overturned. If call on field had been short of 1st, the officials wouldn't have be able to overturn that call either. IMO, same issue applied to Meachem's catch - wasn't indisputable that didn't catch the ball. He had his hand under the ball and could not definitively tell that ball hit ground rather than his hand under the ball.

They were definitely the better team.When you turn the ball over that many times, there is no way you are the better team IMHO.

MNPatsFan
02-02-2010, 04:25 PM

Bret, "Umm, I couldn't get that damn song out of my mind and how I screwed it up, you know....Pants on the ground, Pants on the ground, looking like a fool with your pants on the ground".

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ew_fZsIKtRQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ew_fZsIKtRQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>You probably heard this, but I found it hilarious. Vikes fans were grousing that the words actually were "Ball on the ground, Ball on the ground, looking like a fool with the ball on the ground".:laugh:

CoachChaz
02-02-2010, 04:31 PM
No way, T Jack is a horrible QB that was only on the team because Childress refuses to admit he screwed up when he drafted T-Jack and has failed to turn him into an NFL QB

Both teams got bad calls. The bad calls were divided fairly equally between the two teams. One of the bad call against the Vikes, the PI call, just happened to come in the OT.

No way the officials were going to be able to over turn the jump over the top of the pile for the 1st down call because wasn't indisputable that he didn't make it and therefore call couldn't be overturned. If call on field had been short of 1st, the officials wouldn't have be able to overturn that call either. IMO, same issue applied to Meachem's catch - wasn't indisputable that didn't catch the ball. He had his hand under the ball and could not definitively tell that ball hit ground rather than his hand under the ball.

When you turn the ball over that many times, there is no way you are the better team IMHO.

I guess my problem with the Meacham and Thomas calls is that is was pretty obvious to us watching TV that it wasn't a catch and that Thomas didnt get the first after the ball came loose. If we can see it...you know they can.

My guess is most people have an issue with the timing of the calls. NFC Championship...Overtime...at some point the obvious has to be taken into consideration.

Regardless of turnovers...the better team lost. They turned the ball over alot, but in the end it was the battle with the officials that lost the game. Teams rarely win those.

MNPatsFan
02-02-2010, 04:44 PM
I guess my problem with the Meacham and Thomas calls is that is was pretty obvious to us watching TV that it wasn't a catch and that Thomas didnt get the first after the ball came loose. If we can see it...you know they can.

My guess is most people have an issue with the timing of the calls. NFC Championship...Overtime...at some point the obvious has to be taken into consideration.

Regardless of turnovers...the better team lost. They turned the ball over alot, but in the end it was the battle with the officials that lost the game. Teams rarely win those.So are you saying that the bad calls the Vikes got don't matter or didn't affect the game just because they came earlier in the game?:confused: Take away even one of those bad calls and the Vikings score one less TD, the game never goes into overtime, and the calls that you are complaining about never even are made.;)

Dirk
02-02-2010, 06:30 PM
You probably heard this, but I found it hilarious. Vikes fans were grousing that the words actually were "Ball on the ground, Ball on the ground, looking like a fool with the ball on the ground".:laugh:

No I had not heard about that. That's funny! :lol:

Ottokar Prohaska
02-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Second Vikes TD drive was kept alive on a ticky tack holding and the personal foul that nobody could really figure out what it was for. I watched the game yesterday from my dvr and still believe that Meacham caught the ball, but I am partisan. Childress should have challenged the run, but even if upheld that left it second and goal from inside the 1. Vikes played a heck of a game, but you can't expect to win at -4 on turnovers.

jhildebrand
02-23-2010, 03:29 PM
I think Brett Favre is destined to retire with his last pass being a big time INT in a big time game.

GEM
02-24-2010, 12:09 PM

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ew_fZsIKtRQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ew_fZsIKtRQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

SOme can hate the guy...but THIS is the reason I love the guy. He is out there with his boys. They believe in him. He loves the game.

Biz1
02-24-2010, 08:18 PM
http://popslant.pblakeney.com/img/p_brett_favre_crying.jpg