PDA

View Full Version : Pro Bowl: Marshall's last as a Bronco?

Magnificent Seven
01-25-2010, 04:59 PM
It was a strange season for Brandon Marshall, so his final NFL week of the 2009 campaign will be fitting.

The star receiver will practice and play in the Pro Bowl on Sunday in Miami wearing a Denver Broncos helmet. There likely won’t be a player at the Pro Bowl on Sunday less thrilled, and/or proud, to wear his team’s colors than Marshall.

Barring an unexpected change, Marshall’s days as a Bronco are all but over. Thus, the Pro Bowl will very likely be Marshall’s last game representing the Broncos.

To recap the reasons why Marshall will likely be packing his bags:

In the spring, Marshall wanted to be traded and he held out of a minicamp. In training camp, Marshall was suspended for 10 days after he was filmed making a mockery out of a practice. Three days before the season finale, Denver coach Josh McDaniels benched him, even though Denver still had playoff hopes.

The wounds are too deep for both Marshall and the franchise for this relationship to continue. Marshall will likely be a restricted free agent in about five weeks. There is a strong chance Denver will arrange a trade for Marshall. The Denver Post looks at possible destinations.

Where Marshall lands is still a question, but the fact is he’s all but gone from Denver. So, if you want to see Marshall wearing a Denver helmet again, you better check out the Pro Bowl.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/9465/marshall-likely-about-to-play-last-game-as-a-bronco

Broncolingus
01-25-2010, 05:07 PM
Pro Bowl: Marshall's last as a Bronco?

...I think that's a good bet.

CrazyHorse
01-25-2010, 05:23 PM
I hope not.

Northman
01-25-2010, 05:26 PM
Hopefully not but i do expect him to leave.

Hoser
01-25-2010, 05:27 PM
Everybody said he was gonna get traded over the offseason and everybody said Boldin was as good as gone Arizona. I really think Marshall will be a Bronco in 2010.

Lonestar
01-25-2010, 05:36 PM
he is a great:

Wr

YAC

Yack

whining

being disruptive

promising to do better

but failing.

chatting with the police.

chatting with the commissioner.

kicking balls in practice

dropping balls in practice

Smile

facing the QB to make a catch

giving petulant classes to his teammates

sure there is more but I'll let others put their 2 cent in..

SOCALORADO.
01-25-2010, 05:39 PM
E!SPN at its finest.
This clown is just tyin to stir up some controversy, drum up some rumors and hope someone at Dove Valley will take the bait and make a comment about Marshalls status.
Then he can take credit.
The article doesnt say anything whatsoever.
The guy might as well just posted "Marshalls gone" a thousand times.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-25-2010, 05:45 PM
I hope he blows it up at the probowl! I hope he makes friends and influences all kinds of players, coaches, and teams with his infectious attitude and great smile! In short, I hope he is so awesome that other teams can't imagine being without him and are knocking down our door to trade for him.

Boost that trade value, B Marsh!!! :salute:

G_Money
01-25-2010, 05:50 PM
What he said. Marshall's not coming back and if the NFL is really stupid enough to get into a lockout situation then teams are not looking to go crazy next year without knowing what the next collective bargaining agreement will hold.

So we want him to get top price. Go show off your awesome side, Brandon. That means no football punting unless they specifically request it.

~G

Lonestar
01-25-2010, 06:02 PM
I hope he blows it up at the probowl! I hope he makes friends and influences all kinds of players, coaches, and teams with his infectious attitude and great smile! In short, I hope he is so awesome that other teams can't imagine being without him and are knocking down our door to trade for him.

Boost that trade value, B Marsh!!! :salute:

What he said. Marshall's not coming back and if the NFL is really stupid enough to get into a lockout situation then teams are not looking to go crazy next year without knowing what the next collective bargaining agreement will hold.

So we want him to get top price. Go show off your awesome side, Brandon. That means no football punting unless they specifically request it.

~G

please do better than you did LAST year. the only thing that came out of that Hawaii trip was a fiance, a potential domestic abuse case and ideas of how much money you thought you were going to get with a new contract.

I want as much as we can get for this kid..

Crush05
01-25-2010, 10:39 PM
If there is one thing I have learned is that you never know what is going to happen until it is done! So I will stand by to stand by! :noidea:

SR
01-25-2010, 11:10 PM
I just think it's kind of funny how ALL of this Marshall leaving Denver business is media generated and most of you latch on to it like it's the Bible or something.

CoachChaz
01-26-2010, 08:17 AM
I expect teams to wait until almost draft day to make an offer. If you were a GM, wouldnt you wait and see how he handles 2 months living at home before you acquired him? God knows Brandon can find ALOT to get into in that 2 months.

AlWilsonizKING
01-26-2010, 09:15 AM
I liked him more and more on his weekly call in's to the Lewis and Floorwax show than I did watching him catch the ball and run 50 yards sideways. I enjoyed watching him 2 years ago, but this last year he seemed to try too hard to make extra yards and it usually turned out worse than just going forward and getting what he could. I will hate to see him go, because he does have POTENTIAL....but I really hate "ME" players.

PEACE!!!

e-Lou-sive1
01-26-2010, 10:12 AM
I would hate to see Marshall leave because he is a talented receiver who would be hard to replace. I know he has an immature side when he doesn't get what he wants,and sometimes he doesn't know what he wants.JMD is going through some growing pains himself but his actions causes players and coaches their jobs and Marshall's actions only causes inflictions to himself.What worse Marshall sitting out a few games to reflect or JMD getting his way at the expense of the team and the fans.If I were the owner or GM I would limit JMD's authority and make him work with the players he has available and counsel him as to what his interpretations are of a playoff team and stop playing Judge ,Jury and Executioner.He came from a playoff caliber team I get that but he wasn't the HC and he only made up a fraction of deserving credit for Patriot victories.He has the option of hiring quality coaches who work with Marshall,Schefler etc.but he would rather pick up Larry,Moe,Curly and Little Ben.Marshall will probably go to another team and make the Pro Bowl again while we try to piece togeher a decent passing game with no marquee receivers.Don't get me wrong Royal,Gaffney and Stokey are good but not great because Marshall is like Carmello,Kobe,Wade, and James capable of having a big game at any moment.McD can't get rid of somebody everytime he can't get along with them this team needs a spice of personality and although we might not win many games at least I can enjoy watching Marshall trying to make something out of nothing.

Lonestar
01-26-2010, 11:43 AM
I would hate to see Marshall leave because he is a talented receiver who would be hard to replace. I know he has an immature side when he doesn't get what he wants,and sometimes he doesn't know what he wants.

JMD is going through some growing pains himself but his actions causes players and coaches their jobs and Marshall's actions only causes inflictions to himself.What worse Marshall sitting out a few games to reflect or JMD getting his way at the expense of the team and the fans.

If I were the owner or GM I would limit JMD's authority and make him work with the players he has available and counsel him as to what his interpretations are of a playoff team and stop playing Judge ,Jury and Executioner.

He came from a playoff caliber team I get that but he wasn't the HC and he only made up a fraction of deserving credit for Patriot victories.He has the option of hiring quality coaches who work with Marshall,Schefler etc.but he would rather pick up Larry,Moe,Curly and Little Ben.

Marshall will probably go to another team and make the Pro Bowl again while we try to piece togeher a decent passing game with no marquee receivers.Don't get me wrong Royal,Gaffney and Stokey are good but not great because Marshall is like Carmello,Kobe,Wade, and James capable of having a big game at any moment.

McD can't get rid of somebody everytime he can't get along with them this team needs a spice of personality and although we might not win many games at least I can enjoy watching Marshall trying to make something out of nothing.

Paragraphs could be your best friend. I stopped reading after it was all run together.