PDA

View Full Version : don't forget about Tebow

titan
01-25-2010, 12:35 PM
If available I hope the Broncos draft Tim Tebow (but not in the 1st round). Here's what Tebow said in Peter King's SI column today:

Tebow will wow everyone he meets one-on-one in Mobile and at the Scouting Combine next month with his poise, presence and humility. That you know, obviously. When I asked about one of the biggest faults NFL scouts find with him -- his elongated throwing motion -- he said it's something scouts also said about Brett Favre and Philip Rivers when they were prospects, and it hasn't seemed to hurt them. Then he said: "I've been training every day since the Sugar Bowl. Every day. And that's one of the things I've been working diligently on. I think the scouts and coaches will see it's something I've improved on.''

Tebow wants to open himself up totally, beginning this week. He wants to show every team in the league everything he can do physically and mentally, and he wants to begin to prove he's not a one-trick pony -- a triple-option quarterback who loves to bowl over linebackers and make weird jump passes and other counter-NFL-culture plays.

"I want to show, number one, that I'm a competitor and I'm not afraid for teams to see everything about me. My goal is to find just one team, one out of 32, to believe in me as a quarterback. I'm not just the guy who can play in the spread offense, or throw a jump pass or run the triple option. I'm a football junkie. I study it all the time. I've studied every type of offense -- pro style, West Coast. Just because I haven't played every kind of offense, why can't I? Why can't I run the West Coast? My coaches at Florida didn't just teach us a system. They taught us football. So I want the NFL people to put me through everything. Grind on me, test me. I feel I've worked my whole life to prepare for this.''

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/01/24/titlegames/2.html#ixzz0de738Roq

==========

I like the "I'm a football junkie" quote - I think McDaniels can turn Tebow into a quality nfl qb. And there will be no better running qb in the nfl than Tebow. That extra qb running dimension is so important in today's game (ask McDaniels what was the key play in the Philly loss - Donovan McNabb's scramble for a 1st down when the Broncos had the Eagles on 3rd and long in the game's waning minutes)

Northman
01-25-2010, 12:37 PM
I like Tebow's competitiveness but i really dont think he will be a star in the NFL.

TXBRONC
01-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Not as quaterback friend.

turftoad
01-25-2010, 12:39 PM
I like Tebow's competitiveness but i really dont think he will be a star in the NFL.

I like him too. He's not a McD system type of guy though. He won't be here.

dogfish
01-25-2010, 12:40 PM
i'd be glad to see us draft him-- if he's available in the 4th or 5th round. . .

SoCalImport
01-25-2010, 12:43 PM
Tebow wants to open himself up totally, beginning this week. He wants to show every team in the league everything he can do physically and mentally

So I wonder if he'll try out at FS..:whoknows:

I kid (sort of)

Seriously. If Tebo wows everyone with his improved mechanics and ability to make NFL throws, then I doubt He lasts past the first round. Ergo, Doesn't get drafted to play in Denver.

underrated29
01-25-2010, 12:46 PM
I watched him and I do think he will be a star in the league as a QB. Maybe not by breaking passing records, but as a Qb who get the job done.

He does however, not really fit our mold for what we are looking for. So while i would enjoy having him here- its not likely gonna happen. I bet a team like the Vikings would go after him, maybe the colts. The guy is a winner plain and simple. Thats all that matters.

titan
01-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Yeah if Pat White went at pick #44 last year (round 2) Tebow is unlikely to last much past the early 2nd round. Jacksonville is rumored to like the home town boy as their #1 pick.

Shazam!
01-25-2010, 12:55 PM
I want him.

claymore
01-25-2010, 01:00 PM
I like him too. He's not a McD system type of guy though. He won't be here.

You mean he doesnt suck? And is somewhat mobile?

CoachChaz
01-25-2010, 01:01 PM
One day there will come a time when not EVERY single post is turned into something slanderous and negative.

claymore
01-25-2010, 01:08 PM
One day there will come a time when not EVERY single post is turned into something slanderous and negative.

I give it 2 years. :heh:

Biz1
01-25-2010, 01:18 PM
Yeah if Pat White went at pick #44 last year (round 2) Tebow is unlikely to last much past the early 2nd round. Jacksonville is rumored to like the home town boy as their #1 pick.

There's a big difference between White and Tebow...Tebow is built like an NFL QB while White is 3" shorter and 50 lbs. lighter. He won't last past pick #20, probably top 10 unless something goes wrong at the combine.

CoachChaz
01-25-2010, 01:18 PM
I give it 2 years. :heh:

Could be sooner if everyone did their part. I guess I may as well ask for world peace while I'm at it.

claymore
01-25-2010, 01:33 PM
Could be sooner if everyone did their part. I guess I may as well ask for world peace while I'm at it.

A winning season could do it.

CoachChaz
01-25-2010, 01:46 PM
A winning season could do it.

No...I'm pretty convinced that Denver could go 19-0 and people would still find reasons to complain. Someone would be unhappy with how McD accepted the SB trophy or something.

GEM
01-25-2010, 01:51 PM
No...I'm pretty convinced that Denver could go 19-0 and people would still find reasons to complain. Someone would be unhappy with how McD accepted the SB trophy or something.

Yea...he'd thank his family and there are some who would freak that he didn't thank them for sticking behind him on the journey....oh wait... :lol:

Slick
01-25-2010, 01:52 PM
I would have no problems taking a chance on the kid. Big, strong, intelligent, can scramble, can throw a little and should be able to improve that aspect of his game under the right coaching. He is a proven winner in arguably the best conference in college football. I think he could develop into a solid starting QB in the NFL.

claymore
01-25-2010, 01:53 PM

I think thats going a little bit over board. JMCD will never win a SB with this offense. :heh:

claymore
01-25-2010, 01:54 PM
Back to Tebow.... Do we believe Ben McDaniels could change Tebows throwing motion?

CoachChaz
01-25-2010, 01:55 PM
I think thats going a little bit over board. JMCD will never win a SB with this offense. :heh:

The 2009 offense? Maybe not...but I doubt that's the same offense we see over the next year or so.

Overtime
01-25-2010, 01:59 PM
I hope we DO forget about TEBOW...he will be worthless in the NFL as a QB.

claymore
01-25-2010, 02:01 PM
The 2009 offense? Maybe not...but I doubt that's the same offense we see over the next year or so.

Im hoping. Whats your thoughts on the 3 new coaches? The RB coach I dont like, Line coach I know nothing other than he spent time in the CFL, and I have zero belief JMCD's brother will actually be coaching the QB this year.

BroncoWave
01-25-2010, 02:16 PM
I hope we DO forget about TEBOW...he will be worthless in the NFL as a QB.

I was on the fence until this post, but now I am 100% sold that Tebow will be a great NFL QB.

JDL
01-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Tebow's throwing motion is as bad and slow as it could possibly be and his footwork is terrible. He literally drops the ball just below his waist, brings it all the way back behind his head and flings it. His feet are all over the place. He was also throwing to WRs constantly 2ft open due to the talent at Florida and in the NFL you realistically have only inches (and only that if you get the ball out on time.) I don't think people appreciate how much SKILL it takes to be an NFL QB, not just athleticism.

It was funny hearing Todd Mcshay talk about him during the East-West shrine game and how his mechanics would have to be totally destroyed and rebuilt at which point Griese said, something to the effect of, if you haven't learned to throw a football at this point in your career, I'm sorry, you're not going to and McShay seemed to agree.

Essentially Andre Ware>Tim Tebow as an NFL prospect and we saw how that worked out.

SOCALORADO.
01-25-2010, 02:40 PM
Tim Tebow couldnt hit the broad side of a barn.
His throwing mechanics are horrific.
He has some of the best athletes like a guy who was named offensive rookie of the year in the NFL, catching his crappy passes.
He is a proven winner, but his abilities just dont transfer to the NFL well. He would need to totally re-learn how to throw a football again.
However, i could see a team like INDY or NE take him in the 2nd, sit him for a few years and do exactly that! Have him re-learn behind a hall-of-fame QB, like Manning or Brady, come in and play the wildcat occasionally to shake things up, and in the meantime work with trainers on his throwing motion and have a superstar Qb help him develop.
He has the mentality and patience to do this.

Overtime
01-25-2010, 02:53 PM
He should either be a tight end or a fullback.

Lonestar
01-25-2010, 03:12 PM
As it stands today I doubt he would ever be a Bronco.

Sent from my BlackBerry Smartphone provided by Alltel.

MileHighCrew
01-25-2010, 03:13 PM
If Tebow wants to be a starting QB it will be for the Florida Tuskers of the UFL

Hoser
01-25-2010, 03:28 PM
I'd rather have Colt McCoy. Several NFL scouts and also Archie Manning have related him to Drew Brees. He fits with our system very well and after watching him for 4 years it gets irritating when people say he has no arm strength, because while he doesn't have a Cutler arm, he can make all the throws.

Picking him up in the 2nd round would be a great pick for us IMO. Tebow I just don't see as an NFL QB. First off, he's just way too built up in the upper body. QB's need to have flexibility, and being able to bench an elephant doesn't give you flexibility at all. He's gonna have to lose some of that bulk and work on flexibility before he can even think about being an NFL QB. Secondly, he needs a complete change of mechanics. He changed up his throwing motion this year but it's still very awkward and his windup takes far too long, his footwork is just strange, and he has a strange habit of kicking out his leg whenever he releases the ball, which doesn't allow him to drive into a throw as well as he should.

Some people argue and say if he succeeded in college with such weird mechanics he should be able to succeed in the NFL, but if you look at Byron Leftwhich, who has the most awkward release I've ever seen, he beasted in college, and we all see how his NFL career turned out. Decent for a while, but eventually went to backup. I don't even see Tebow doing that. He's a huge project at QB, and is better suited switching positions.

underrated29
01-25-2010, 03:52 PM
Here is the thing with tebow that i saw. Now keep in mind I have only seen some clips. I have never watched him play live or anything else. But.....

HIs horrible mechanics. yes, they are evident, painfully evident. but they work, also and here is the big thing I think to him succeeding or not. Is when he uses those bad mechanics....

A lot of the time, the guy is on the run, or moving about, he absolutely should set his feet, but he doesnt and it works for him. However, when he is in the pocket or standing still, going through his progressions, he seems to throw a really nice ball. His mechanics need to be polished for sure, but when he isnt going Vick on people they are not that bad.

My point being that, while he is on the run, scrambling, making plays as a playmaker does- mechanics and such go out the window...(to an extent) as long as it works....... And HE makes it work!.... So that leaves it to the pocket passing and from what i have seen, when he is throwing from the pocket things arent as bad as they seem. Not as good as they should be, or may never be, but I get the feeling that that area of his game takes a bad rep for his lack of proper throwing mechanics when on the move....which really shouldnt matter as much because he has proven that he can make them work.

JONtheBRONCO
01-25-2010, 04:08 PM
Tebow will be a Bronco. For sure.

T.K.O.
01-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Tebow has rough first day at Senior Bowl
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 25, 2010 7:53 PM ET
Already tired of Favre Watch 2010? Then can I interest you in a little Tebow Watch?

We pass along reviews of Tebow's first day at Senior Bowl practice with the knowledge that the buildup to the NFL Draft will be a long one, with many ups and downs for Tebow. Monday was a downer.

Lindsay Soto on NFL Network: Tebow fumbled the first snap from center, then botched roughly 5-6 more during the day. Tebow is used to playing out of shotgun.

Christ Mortensen on Twitter: "First impression from NFL folks on Tebow at Senior Bowl -- it is indeed going to be a challenging process for him."

Stephen Holder of the St. Petersburg Times: "I'm on the sideline at the Senior Bowl practice and let's just say Tim Tebow is not exactly lighting it up. Horrible mechanics and accuracy."

Tebow will get a chance to rebound in the next three days of practice on NFL Network; the next two practices are in full pads.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-25-2010, 08:40 PM
You mean he doesnt suck? And is somewhat mobile?

Badass!!!:salute: :lol: :lol: :lol:

titan
01-25-2010, 08:59 PM
Well on 2nd thought - Tebow didn't look too good at the 1st day of Senior Bowl practices. If he keeps this up he'll be available in the later rounds:

Tebow has rough first day at Senior Bowl

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on January 25, 2010 7:53 PM ET
Already tired of Favre Watch 2010? Then can I interest you in a little Tebow Watch?

We pass along reviews of Tebow's first day at Senior Bowl practice with the knowledge that the buildup to the NFL Draft will be a long one, with many ups and downs for Tebow. Monday was a downer.

Lindsay Soto on NFL Network: Tebow fumbled the first snap from center, then botched roughly 5-6 more during the day. Tebow is used to playing out of shotgun.

Christ Mortensen on Twitter: "First impression from NFL folks on Tebow at Senior Bowl -- it is indeed going to be a challenging process for him."

Stephen Holder of the St. Petersburg Times: "I'm on the sideline at the Senior Bowl practice and let's just say Tim Tebow is not exactly lighting it up. Horrible mechanics and accuracy."

Tebow will get a chance to rebound in the next three days of practice on NFL Network; the next two practices are in full pads.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/01/25/tebow-has-rough-first-day-at-senior-bowl/

Medford Bronco
01-25-2010, 09:11 PM

I think he can be a wildcat player and mabye like Edelman in NE who was a college qB with athleticism (sp) and can be a decent fullback or wideout.

Medford Bronco
01-25-2010, 09:12 PM
Tebow will be a Bronco. For sure.

It can be up there with the Maurice Clarett drafting :lol:

NO please:lol:

bcbronc
01-25-2010, 11:48 PM

If his left hand touches the Lombardi first, I'll freakin lose it. :mad:

Tebow could find a role as a Wildcat QB. he's worth a gamble in the 4th. Not a good first day pick though imo.

Shazam!
01-26-2010, 02:23 AM
I'd rather have Colt McCoy. Several NFL scouts and also Archie Manning have related him to Drew Brees. He fits with our system very well and after watching him for 4 years it gets irritating when people say he has no arm strength, because while he doesn't have a Cutler arm, he can make all the throws.

Picking him up in the 2nd round would be a great pick for us IMO. Tebow I just don't see as an NFL QB. First off, he's just way too built up in the upper body. QB's need to have flexibility, and being able to bench an elephant doesn't give you flexibility at all. He's gonna have to lose some of that bulk and work on flexibility before he can even think about being an NFL QB. Secondly, he needs a complete change of mechanics. He changed up his throwing motion this year but it's still very awkward and his windup takes far too long, his footwork is just strange, and he has a strange habit of kicking out his leg whenever he releases the ball, which doesn't allow him to drive into a throw as well as he should.

Some people argue and say if he succeeded in college with such weird mechanics he should be able to succeed in the NFL, but if you look at Byron Leftwhich, who has the most awkward release I've ever seen, he beasted in college, and we all see how his NFL career turned out. Decent for a while, but eventually went to backup. I don't even see Tebow doing that. He's a huge project at QB, and is better suited switching positions.

Great post.

I'm still hoping Shanahan releases Colt Brennan and Denver can get him on the cheap.

DenBronx
01-26-2010, 02:38 AM
If his left hand touches the Lombardi first, I'll freakin lose it. :mad:

Tebow could find a role as a Wildcat QB. he's worth a gamble in the 4th. Not a good first day pick though imo.

haha tebow will be a 2nd or higher. your smoking if you think he will last till the 4th.

DenBronx
01-26-2010, 02:43 AM

i think alot of people would rather have colt mccoy too but unfortunately he will be long gone by the time we pick. i would waste no time if he was on the clock when its our turn. he has all the tools and YES he is alot like brees! i noticed that awhile back ago. bradford reminds me of matt ryan but mccoy reminds me of brees and that could be great for us.

however....i think mcdaniels looks at qbs kinda like shanny did rbs. he will always look in the 5th or 6th rounds for diamonds in the ruff.

muse
01-26-2010, 03:51 AM
however....i think mcdaniels looks at qbs kinda like shanny did rbs. he will always look in the 5th or 6th rounds for diamonds in the ruff.

I wouldn't necessarily say that...ok, the guy may have worked with two low round draft picks before, but if he sees his archetypal QB in the first 2 rounds, I'm sure he's going to go for him. After all, it's not like NE ever had a use for a high round draft QB whilst McD was there.

bcbronc
01-26-2010, 05:08 AM
haha tebow will be a 2nd or higher. your smoking if you think he will last till the 4th.

I don't think he will last till the 4th.

Nomad
01-26-2010, 02:11 PM
His poor play is due to the fact he has strep throat:)!!

CrazyHorse
01-27-2010, 12:11 AM
Tim Tebow + wild horses = WIN!

KyleOrtonArmySoldier#128
01-27-2010, 12:13 AM
There's no way IMO Tebow is an NFL QB. That said, he's not strong enough to be a fullback and doesn't have the frame, he's too slow to be a receiver and doesn't have the size to be a TE. Maybe a safety?

Dirk
01-27-2010, 06:37 AM
There comes the time when I think a QB will be a bust. I thought Sanchez would be that bust and was wrong. I think Tebow will be a bust....so he will probably be good. :lol:

CrazyHorse
01-27-2010, 10:15 AM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/299077-will-tim-tebow-be-running-wild-horses-with-the-denver-broncos-in-2010

CoachChaz
01-27-2010, 10:51 AM
I said this elsewhere...but I remember a religious left handed QB in Tampa Bay that they tried to turn into a RB. They eventually got rid of him because he insisted on being a QB and couldnt beat DeBerg for a starting job. he ended up in San Fran and had a pretty decent career under the tuteledge of pretty good QB coaching.

MileHighCrew
01-27-2010, 11:42 AM
I said this elsewhere...but I remember a religious left handed QB in Tampa Bay that they tried to turn into a RB. They eventually got rid of him because he insisted on being a QB and couldnt beat DeBerg for a starting job. he ended up in San Fran and had a pretty decent career under the tuteledge of pretty good QB coaching.

So Tim Tebow is Steve Young?

CoachChaz
01-27-2010, 11:47 AM
So Tim Tebow is Steve Young?

I dont recall saying that. My point is that it is possible to take a player of his ability and train him to be a quality player. it's not like the guy cant make NFL throws. He needs tuteledge and a few years to adapt...just like Young did. The benefit as well is he is a very smart player. it's not like taking an intelligence challenged ego like Vince Young and trying to transform him.

If QB was at the top of our list of needs, i wouldnt be disappointed with drafting Tebow

Ravage!!!
01-27-2010, 11:52 AM
I would be disappointed if we took him as our QB... especially if it was in the first couple of rounds. Steve Young had outstanding mechanics.. outstanding. Tim Tebow can't even take snap from a center. Can he learn that, yes. But he's never had to read defenses while under center. His throwing motion is very elongated, and slow delivery.... something you just can't really do in the NFL do to the speed.

He's never been a very accurate passer anyway, but if you have to change his throwing motion (and I truly believe you would have to)... then that just adds to the problems.

Tim Tebow is a 'winner' type of guy. Very competitive, takes what he does with great heart, and gives it his alll..... and truly WANTS to succeed. But I just don't see anything from him (other than his competitive spirit) that makes me WANT to have him as an NFL QB.

Ravage!!!
01-27-2010, 11:53 AM
There comes the time when I think a QB will be a bust. I thought Sanchez would be that bust and was wrong. I think Tebow will be a bust....so he will probably be good. :lol:

Well... at the same time... One year does not a career make. He hasn't succeeded and proved NOT to be a bust, yet. Not that I'm saying he will be, but he hasn't proved he can win a single thing without the best defense in the NFL.

Ravage!!!
01-27-2010, 11:57 AM
There's no way IMO Tebow is an NFL QB. That said, he's not strong enough to be a fullback and doesn't have the frame, he's too slow to be a receiver and doesn't have the size to be a TE. Maybe a safety?

He's 6'3 245 lbs

Tony Scheffler is 6'5 255

I think he has the size to be a TE.... or an H-back for sure.

Nomad
01-27-2010, 12:01 PM
I was watching ESPN and some guy (forgot who) said Tebow needs to lay off the weights especially bench press so he's not so tight in his delivery!! He didn't say don't lift weights but he doesn't have to max out like a LBer!! Flexibility!!

CoachChaz
01-27-2010, 12:05 PM
I would be disappointed if we took him as our QB... especially if it was in the first couple of rounds. Steve Young had outstanding mechanics.. outstanding. Tim Tebow can't even take snap from a center. Can he learn that, yes. But he's never had to read defenses while under center. His throwing motion is very elongated, and slow delivery.... something you just can't really do in the NFL do to the speed.

He's never been a very accurate passer anyway, but if you have to change his throwing motion (and I truly believe you would have to)... then that just adds to the problems.

Tim Tebow is a 'winner' type of guy. Very competitive, takes what he does with great heart, and gives it his alll..... and truly WANTS to succeed. But I just don't see anything from him (other than his competitive spirit) that makes me WANT to have him as an NFL QB.

Mechanincs can be refined...it happens to all young QB's. If i recall...even the best had troubles in their first few years. I think he has every bit of ability to be as good as anyone else coming out in this draft

SOCALORADO.
01-27-2010, 12:21 PM
Mechanincs can be refined...it happens to all young QB's. If i recall...even the best had troubles in their first few years. I think he has every bit of ability to be as good as anyone else coming out in this draft

He does.
Its really isnt his throwing motion. He does have a "windmill" low, kind of a motion, but that can be corrected with minimal tutoring.
He needs to go to the right team. If he does, then theres a real chance he could become a very good player.
Anyone here who thinks Rivers has a nice smooth throwing motion is on crack! the guy "shotputs" the ball downfield, and hes one of the most accurate passers in the NFL. Brees is barely 6' feet tall. Barely. His throwing motion is also very suspect, but he gets it into tiny windows consistently.
Both of these QBs are NOTORIOUS for working in the offseason, and extra hours during the season, not so much on their mechanics, but using what they do have and becoming consistent with it.
For Tebow he will have to humble himself , start from "step 1" and with the help of hopefully a really good QB staff of coaches, re-evaluate and mold his qualities to becoming an NFL QB. He has the mental edge in his corner to do this.

weazel
01-27-2010, 12:32 PM

well come on, our draft pick the next season would suck!

weazel
01-27-2010, 12:38 PM
Tebow will never be a Bronco. you guys are forgetting one important thing...

Even if Tebow is predicted to be a 4th or 5th rounder, Mike Shanahan is now back in the league... he's gonna reach for Tebow in the 1st!! Then he will reach for a 6th rounder in the 2nd round!

titan
01-28-2010, 11:34 AM
Woody Paige likes Tebow:

Q: I've talked to my buddies about this and all have said I am nuts. What if we drafted Tim Tebow?? He lacks the deep pass, but so does McDaniels' offense. He is great with the 15-20 yard passes. And since McD won't use Peyton Hillis on third and short, he would have a QB that could pick it up. For some reason, Tebow's stock has gone up on a lot of big boards. He is moving from a mid- to late-third rounder to a late first-, early second-round choice. Am I nuts or should I be in a team's front office??
-- Jason, Atlanta

Jason: You're nuts. Leave us alone. Seriously, I keep saying I think Tebow will be a very good NFL player. Let me cite one name for you — Steve Young. And one more, Vince Young. How about Mighty Joe Young? He didn't play football.
Young & Young both have stronger arms, but there were serious concerns about both making it in the NFL as quarterbacks. Steve Young is a Hall of Famer and won a Super Bowl with Mike Shanahan as his coordinator, and Vince is making a comeback. (He, not Kyle Orton, was added to the Pro Bowl).
Steve Young, the great-great-great grandson of Brigham Young, was recruited to BYU as a defensive back, even though he was a high school quarterback. He became a running back and was a backup to Jim McMahon at QB.
When BYU played in Boulder against CU, McMahon was hurt, and in came Young. He threw for a few touchdowns and ran for a couple. I wrote about this incredible kid who was going to be an All-American and a great pro quarterback despite the fact that he was a runner, not a passer.
Years later, when I met Steve Young, the NFL quarterback, he said: "You're the guy who wrote the first column about me. I still have it on my wall."
My point is, T-Bone Tebow is cut from the same cloth. He's smart, tough, a good passer, a great leader, a winner. I think he'd fit perfectly in the McDaniels system — a shotgun quarterback, throwing the short passes, running as a wildcatter and occasionally throwing deep. And he has a great football mind.
But the Broncos won't draft him. Most teams will stay away because he's not what the scouts want. Kordell Stewart proved people wrong and became the original Slash.
Tebow will do well. I would guess Jacksonville will end up with him because they need to sell tickets, and the Jagettes need another QB. You're not nuts. I recommend you to the Atlanta Falcons as a personnel guy. Don't stay home waiting by the phone, though.

Read more: http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_14283363?source=rss#ixzz0dvRDNGUc

Traveler
01-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Just say no to Tebow.

Shazam!
01-28-2010, 11:50 AM
If he's available out of the 1st Round and could be had for not a lot, I'd go with him.

His mechanics can be worked on.

Denver definitely needs a QB for the future, sooner than later.

CoachChaz
01-28-2010, 11:55 AM
His biggest issue with mechanics is his footwork and his long throwing motion. Two VERY common issues that can be corrected with a player willing to improve. if Tebow is anything...I believe he's a guy willing to do what it takes to be better.

It could be a little risky...and I wouldnt take him with #11...but if we had an extra pick and took him in the first, I could find better things to complain about

titan
01-28-2010, 12:16 PM
I wouldn't mind the Broncos taking a chance on either Tebow or Colt McCoy past round 1. I like the idea of drafting an extremely productive college qb in a big time program who has some knock against him physically for the nfl.

I'm old enough to remember watching Joe Montana come to the Springs and carve up Air Force (rallying from a 31-10 deficit for a notre dame win in the 70's). Also Montana had a great Cotton Bowl in another Irish win. Scouts said Montana was too small with a weak arm - the 49'ers grabbed him in the 3rd round in 1979 and the rest is history.

Now i'm not saying Tebow or McCoy will be the next Joe Montana (different types of players) but I think either is worth the gamble. Each has a strong will to win that you can't teach. Plus each can make plays with his feet - something lacking from Orton last year.

Traveler
01-28-2010, 02:49 PM
I wouldn't mind the Broncos taking a chance on either Tebow or Colt McCoy past round 1. I like the idea of drafting an extremely productive college qb in a big time program who has some knock against him physically for the nfl.

I'm old enough to remember watching Joe Montana come to the Springs and carve up Air Force (rallying from a 31-10 deficit for a notre dame win in the 70's). Also Montana had a great Cotton Bowl in another Irish win. Scouts said Montana was too small with a weak arm - the 49'ers grabbed him in the 3rd round in 1979 and the rest is history.

Now i'm not saying Tebow or McCoy will be the next Joe Montana (different types of players) but I think either is worth the gamble. Each has a strong will to win that you can't teach. Plus each can make plays with his feet - something lacking from Orton last year.

Guess there is something to be said about a QB that requires work on his mechanics instead of getting/having a risk taking, strong armed QB that will threaten a defense vertically (couldn't resist:D). Having said that, I still say no to Tebow.

atwater27
01-30-2010, 11:03 PM
Tebow would make the ultimate wildcat QB. He could redefine the position in that style of offense and maybe change it from a novelty into a permanent style of O. As a dropback NFL QB? Not likely. Love the guy, hope he pans out, and I'm pretty glad his mom didn't abort him.

EMB6903
01-30-2010, 11:09 PM
I was always a hater of Tebows in college, but he was always there to prove me wrong.

I know hes not the greatest passer. very slow release, very raw when it comes to taking snaps from center, and doesnt have the velocity you look for. But the guys still one of the most versatile QB's in the draft in my opinion. I think Denver has one of the very few playcallers that could make it work for Tebow. The kids coachable, by far the best leader ive ever seen at the collegiate level and an absolute warrior, he doesnt let the critics phase his play. never has, he strives off critistism.

Im not saying im the biggest fan of his but I definately wouldnt be upset if Denver ended up with this kid in the 2nd round.. Hes bound for success regardless where/what position he plays.

titan
01-31-2010, 08:29 AM
Tebow didn't look good in the senior bowl. For a qb past round 1 now I prefer Lefleur or colt mccoy. Tebow needs a good combine to make up for his poor showing at the senior bowl.

Traveler
01-31-2010, 08:46 AM
Tebow didn't look good in the senior bowl. For a QB past round 1 now I prefer Lefleur or colt mccoy. Tebow needs a good combine to make up for his poor showing at the senior bowl.

Tebow definitely validated what most everyone thought about him. Probably lost alot of money due to his poor Senior Bowl showing. Not sure if he can do anything to make up for it either.

Broncolingus
01-31-2010, 10:59 AM
Tebow definite validated what most everyone thought about him. Probably lost alot of money due to his poor Senior Bowl showing. Not sure if he can do anthing to make up for it either.

Was going to make the same observation...

Like I could do any better, but dude really didn't look good yesterday...

On the side, the kid's got a great attitude and outlook as a young man...

elsid13
01-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Tebow is Christian Laettner of football. Great college player who game doesn't translate to the next level. He not worth a draft pick at this point.

Broncolingus
01-31-2010, 06:10 PM
I'll wait until after the combine for my 'final answer' (although that's a concession for applying simple due diligence), but drafting Tebow will not be necessary for the Bronco’s...

Tebow’s a great kid as a younger role model for being a class human being and great attitude and work ethic, but I’m not sold on him being an NFL QB…less now in fact.

If Denver wants to buy him a ticket and work him out, fine…but, again, no draft picks will need to be used for him…

TXBRONC
01-31-2010, 10:46 PM
Tebow is Christian Laettner of football. Great college player who game doesn't translate to the next level. He not worth a draft pick at this point.

I might possibly take chance on him with a 6th or a 7th round pick.

Lonestar
02-01-2010, 12:01 AM
Tebow definite validated what most everyone thought about him. Probably lost alot of money due to his poor Senior Bowl showing. Not sure if he can do anthing to make up for it either.

YEP..

I'll wait until after the combine for my 'final answer' (although that's a concession for applying simple due diligence), but drafting Tebow will not be necessary for the Bronco’s...

Tebow’s a great kid as a younger role model for being a class human being and great attitude and work ethic, but I’m not sold on him being an NFL QB…less now in fact.

If Denver wants to buy him a ticket and work him out, fine…but, again, no draft picks will need to be used for him…

I'd take a flyer on him in the 5th or later. Maybe earlier IF we get a lot of choices from our RFA's that will be moving on.

But, certainly not on day one. Unless he has just one hellish combine and private workout.

A great athlete and human being but I do not see him as a QB in the NFL.

arapaho2
02-01-2010, 12:48 AM
tebow may not make a nfl qb...but he is without a doubt one of the best football atheletes in the draft...hugely talented

if we found him in the third i would pull the trigger and figure a way to get him in the game

Shazam!
02-01-2010, 01:40 AM
Denver definitely will need a future QB.

All QBs are gambles.

Nobody questions his talent.

If he came cheap in the later rounds, especially on the 2nd day? **** yeah. I think it's a no brainer then.

Superchop 7
02-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Tebow is officially "exposed"

Long term project at best.

On the bright side......there's this Snead guy.

Medford Bronco
02-01-2010, 08:34 PM
I want to forget about Tebow.

Why a glorified Wildcat QB for a team that more issues on offense.

Gimmicks will eventually be figured out (the run and shoot offense) and not last forever. A good solid balanced offense is the way to go, unless you have Peyton Manning or somone of that ilk