PDA

View Full Version : Mile High Report Mock Draft (I Would Love This)

getlynched47
01-24-2010, 10:27 PM
http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/1/24/1267814/denver-broncos-mock-draft-part-12

Please visit the link. If I'm not mistaken, I'm not allowed to post the entire article, but I strongly recommend reading this mock draft if you have a few minutes.

IT'S FREAKIN GREAT!

It addresses both the interior offensive line and the defensive line, and a viable replacement for Brandon Marshall (who seems on his way out).

Check it out :salute:

Mr D
01-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Not sure that I'm on board with having 2 rookie Olineman, especially a center. Center's are usually the most experienced position on the oline.

getlynched47
01-24-2010, 10:36 PM
Not sure that I'm on board with having 2 rookie Olineman, especially a center. Center's are usually the most experienced position on the oline.

I agree he overdid it with his depth chart. I would pick up either a center or guard in free agency, but it's still be awesome to come up with Iupati and Pouncey in the same draft class along with Arrelious Benn...........oooooppppps........clued some people in :lol:

Mr D
01-24-2010, 10:44 PM
I agree he overdid it with his depth chart. I would pick up either a center or guard in free agency, but it's still be awesome to come up with Iupati and Pouncey in the same draft class along with Arrelious Benn...........oooooppppps........clued some people in :lol:

Chester Taylor and Lee Evans would be some interesting pick ups too... I think Chester can get a full time job elsewhere. Buck/Taylor/Moreno would be overload...

Lee Evans would be another ?? too.. but I guess McDaniels can work short WR's into his system.

We'll see what happens during the combine and bowl week as you'll see draft positions fluctuate for all these rookies.

Fun article though.

HORSEPOWER 56
01-24-2010, 10:56 PM
This isn't a "mock draft". It's a "dream draft" Pretty much everything would have to go our way including getting top dollar for all our RFAs, finding the perfect trade partners for picks, and all of the "perfect" picks for us being there exactly where we needed them to be.

Even though this draft would be a Broncos fan's wet dream, it's just hard to even consider getting excited about mocks that are this favorable and have this many variables. No offense to the guy who wrote it, but IMO, the best mocks are those that deal with the picks we have and don't go too much into the "well, if we get 'X' for this player, and we can swindle this team out of 'y' pick, and then we can trade down 15 spots to pick up 3 more picks....etc, etc, etc", because it just never happens that way.

dogfish
01-24-2010, 10:57 PM
we're going to get a 3rd for chef, a 5th for hillis, and successfully trade down from not one but two 1st round picks, AND sign taylor, pickett, evans and pennington?

i'm sorry, this is pure fantasy. . .

Ziggy
01-24-2010, 11:52 PM
we're going to get a 3rd for chef, a 5th for hillis, and successfully trade down from not one but two 1st round picks, AND sign taylor, pickett, evans and pennington?

You're wrong Dog. This draft is completely realistic.....

IN MADDEN

topscribe
01-25-2010, 12:02 AM

That may be true, but it makes for a wonderful dream . . . :drool:

This is a actually better mock draft, though: http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/1/21/1263531/the-sleeper-mock-1-0

-----

topscribe
01-25-2010, 12:04 AM
This isn't a "mock draft". It's a "dream draft" Pretty much everything would have to go our way including getting top dollar for all our RFAs, finding the perfect trade partners for picks, and all of the "perfect" picks for us being there exactly where we needed them to be.

Even though this draft would be a Broncos fan's wet dream, it's just hard to even consider getting excited about mocks that are this favorable and have this many variables. No offense to the guy who wrote it, but IMO, the best mocks are those that deal with the picks we have and don't go too much into the "well, if we get 'X' for this player, and we can swindle this team out of 'y' pick, and then we can trade down 15 spots to pick up 3 more picks....etc, etc, etc", because it just never happens that way.

He has come up with several different mock drafts so far.

That is his intention: to dream . . .

-----

weazel
01-25-2010, 12:29 PM
I think its funny that people expect Sheffler to get us a big return. They guy was shopped around last preseason and no one was interested

T.K.O.
01-25-2010, 01:25 PM
that would be amazing ! i love it....
with one exception,i really doubt mcD will draft another 5'9" corner after the heat he got with smith.

jrelway
01-25-2010, 01:31 PM
how bout trading marshall and our 2nd pick to st.louis for their first? i would love to have suh or berry for a first rounder.

Traveler
01-25-2010, 02:38 PM
That mock draft is a pipe dream. Interesting read though.

topscribe
01-25-2010, 02:43 PM
That mock draft is a pipe dream. Interesting read though.

Actually, the only realistic draft is the actual one.

Until then, it's fun to dream, isn't it? :beer:

-----