PDA

View Full Version : No matter what!!!!!!

Crush05
01-24-2010, 08:27 PM
Coming from me for those here who know me, I am and always will be a Denver Broncos fan NO MATTER WHAT!! We have posters that are so down on our team. Heck I was one when Cutler was let go. Although time has shown I am a true fan and support the Broncos in any and all choices they make.

You know we have had it so good for so long I think we have forgotten what it is like to struggle and fight for what you want. We as fans need to be there no matter the choices made by our owner and or gm and even yes our coach. Our players live off of some of or all of our energy. We are fans and that one word says it all to me. I am a "Broncos Fan" I bleed orange and blue through and true. I am not the head coach nor the owner I will have to wait until next season no matter what happens, I WILL wait until next season once again and voice my opinion then again. I am sure in whatever manner that may be I will still support OUR BRONCOS!!

GO BRONCOS!! CHEERS to all our fans in here and thank you for all of your input and making this Forum what it is today!:salute:

shank
01-24-2010, 08:54 PM
http://operachic.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/12/13/cookie_monstare.jpg

Denver Native (Carol)
01-24-2010, 08:59 PM
I'M WITH YOU - NO MATTER WHAT :salute:

Crush05
01-24-2010, 11:11 PM

You know there is alomst nothing you and I disagree with!!! Your a treat!!

Overtime
01-24-2010, 11:32 PM
can I please have my 30 seconds that I spent reading this back?

Crush05
01-24-2010, 11:34 PM

No but I will take the 30 sec it took me to read your comment!!

topscribe
01-25-2010, 12:37 AM
***deleted***

Why would you want to troll a thread such as this?

The OP went to an effort to post something positive. Is that foreign to you?

-----

Hoser
01-25-2010, 12:38 AM

I suppose a step in the right direction to avoid wasting more time would be to not post in the thread that you claimed wasted 30 seconds of your time, no? :D

Crush05
01-25-2010, 12:38 AM

-----

Thanks Top!!!!

Italianmobstr7
01-25-2010, 12:41 AM

-----

Yes it is foreign to him. Go look at his posts and see if you see anything positive.

Crush05
01-25-2010, 12:43 AM
Why is this poster not getting punished for his lack of respect then? Our mods are great but this IMO was a personal attack and uncalled for.

Ravage!!!
01-25-2010, 12:48 AM
Why is this poster not getting punished for his lack of respect then? Our mods are great but this IMO was a personal attack and uncalled for.

Its uncalled for, but it wasn't a personal attack.

Relax.... just ignore him.

GEM
01-25-2010, 12:54 AM
Its uncalled for, but it wasn't a personal attack.

Relax.... just ignore him.

Calling someone illiterate when it's perfectly obvious that it was said to demean the poster is in fact a personal attack and because of this, it was deleted.

NOTE FROM THE MOD TO THE POSTERS IN THE THREAD: Let's keep this cleaned up guys. If you don't like the original post, no reason to post in the thread. Move on.

Crush05
01-25-2010, 12:55 AM
Calling someone illiterate when it's perfectly obvious that it was said to demean the poster is in fact a personal attack and because of this, it was deleted.

NOTE FROM THE MOD TO THE POSTERS IN THE THREAD: Let's keep this cleaned up guys. If you don't like the original post, no reason to post in the thread. Move on.

Respect earned and Thank You!!!:salute:

pnbronco
01-25-2010, 01:53 AM

You know I'm here too. The logo on the front has always meant more to me than the name on the back. I'm a bronco fan for life.

I know War will be joining us soon, but that horse and warrior calls can be kind of scary sometimes.....:D

Shazam!
01-25-2010, 02:28 AM
I am with this all the way.

I am SO ****ING SICK of all the drama surrounding Broncos fans going back to the very start of 2006.

You know, it took this team 30+ years to finally win a Championship. When the Broncos were losing Super Bowls, I walked into school and got abused. But years later it all changed.

We saw the Broncos as the Kings of the NFL, destroying teams regularly, the Broncos were the model for what the rest of the NFL to strive to be. They had their time in the sun just like teams from that decade and those prior, Dallas, Pitt, SF, NYG, etc. Not only that but they ended the AFC losing streak, the choking QB who was to dumb to win the Super Bowl was suddenly more popular than ever and not in jest, and we finally had OUR time.

Yes, the Super Broncos were not only a Super Bowl Champion squad, but what they did was special. After years of being a Super Bowl joke, they finally did it. The Denver Broncos were World Champions, and then they did it again to prove it wasn't a fluke.

Once John Elway retired, I knew it was going to be a long road back. I have even accepted the fact I may never see the Denver Broncos win another Super Bowl. We had a few decent years and one really good year since then that all ended in disappointment.

Let me put this into perspective. This is appropriate.

My friend is a diehard NY Jets fan, and today his Jets were in the Championship Game for the first time since they lost in 1999 at Denver (man, the first 35 minutes of that game scared the shit out of me). I called to wish him luck today, although I thought their luck was going to run out at Indy. It did.

He went into this whole thing how the Jets have been so terrible for so long. They won the Super Bowl when he was literally a baby. He had endured so many embarassing 1, 2, 3 and 4 win Seasons.

Then he went into something like this. I will quote and and I will paraphrase-

"You have no idea what it's been like for (Jets fans). You've seen your team get to a bunch of Super Bowls and even though they lost, they had great years. Then you saw them win two and probably one of them was the best one ever. You had an awesome QB for almost twenty years and a ton of other great players. You watched them kick the shit out of everybody for years. I've never seen any of that with my team."

It all happens in cycles in the NFL. NE has won Championships and has been a contender and the best team of the 2000s, but we will see them one day, sooner than later, a shadow of their former selves.

Hell, look at Dallas since the early 90's. Look at SF since about then.

SD won't be good forever. Oakland is a joke and then there's KC. The Broncos division is in shambles.

There will be better days ahead for the Broncos. I think we've been through the lean years, and there is nowhere to go but up.

Go :defense:

Lonestar
01-25-2010, 02:45 AM
I've been a fan since day ONE, what most are pissing and moaning about today was nothing compared to the 60's.

when you have 16 losing seasons the yea we got a superbowl nod was worth it all.

A couple of losing or 8-8 seasons is nothing.

Back then we drafted a lot of players who signed in the NFL would not even look at AFL teams.

We sucked and every year got our hopes up with the few rookies we did sign and trades that were made. By the 4-5th game everyone around me in the stands was saying wait till next year.

what is going on now is NOTHING.

frenchfan
01-25-2010, 02:58 AM
Go Broncos :salute: :defense:

I'm a Broncos fan and I'll support them no matter they are 0-16 or 16-0...
I'm not supposed to make decisions for our Broncos, or even to understand all of them... I just hope they are the best for our team...

The only thing I expect in return is to see all the organization, coaches and players give their best every day for us...

And after all, we aren't so unlucky... We made 6 SB, won 2... Some teams have never won a SB or even played a SB... I had good times watching them even through tough pains such as our 3 SB lost I've seen... Especially in 89-90 against SF... The loss in playoffs against Jags...

As I said in another thread, I'm fed up to be around 8-8 every year... I'd rather having some tough seasons to build another great team that could make the SB... A true SB contender... Not those average teams we've seen since Elway retired...

Last, Shanny is a great coach and I will always admire him for his work here... I feel the same about Dan Reeves... Now, it was time to change something IMO... It's McD's time now and even if I don't know if he will succeed or not, I will support my Broncos every day... There always be tough days but also bright days... Hope next year will be ours... If it's not, I'll hope for the next one and so on...

GO BRONCOS ! :beer:

Hoser
01-25-2010, 04:07 AM
Unfortunately for me I was just a wee little chitlin who didn't know anything about football when Denver won their Super Bowls. I never got to see TD play, John Elway, none of those guys. The first thing I REALLY remember as a Denver fan was after we slaughtered Arizona in a season finale to finish I think 9-7. Then the next year was the year we brought in Jake Plummer.

So basically all I've gotten to see were several playoff blow outs, and then a dud in the AFC Championship game, but I'm still a hardcore Bronco fan to the bone and have researched and learned enough about our history to be a fan of the name, the colors, and the team, not just the players.

frenchfan
01-25-2010, 04:31 AM
Unfortunately for me I was just a wee little chitlin who didn't know anything about football when Denver won their Super Bowls. I never got to see TD play, John Elway, none of those guys. The first thing I REALLY remember as a Denver fan was after we slaughtered Arizona in a season finale to finish I think 9-7. Then the next year was the year we brought in Jake Plummer.

So basically all I've gotten to see were several playoff blow outs, and then a dud in the AFC Championship game, but I'm still a hardcore Bronco fan to the bone and have researched and learned enough about our history to be a fan of the name, the colors, and the team, not just the players.Damn... unlucky guy!

I've watched our 1st SB win here in France (the game is around midnight till 3 or 4 AM)... I can't describe how I felt during the game... It was a mix between confidence, fear and excitation... Packs stroke first... Then we scored too with our 1st possession... I was thinking "TD is awesome and Elway is ... Elway"... I was dead when TD came out... And so happy when he came back (even if he fumbled)... John didn't have a great passing game but you can see he made almost every key plays... And the greatest one : the helicopter... You know what? When he did that I was really thrilled... I was watching the game with my Brother (a Giants fan :rolleyes: ... LOL)... He even couldn't believe that... Our commentator were amazed... Then... I knew we would win this one... Of course the game was close and a thriller for every Broncos fans... But somehow I have this confidence we would win... Damn... I could endure some more 10 years of disappointment for that! One of the best day of my life (with my wedding, french world champion of soccer's title - in 1998 too :shocked: ;)).

I hope as a Broncos fan you'll have such a day too... :salute:

Crush05
01-25-2010, 04:39 AM

So basically all I've gotten to see were several playoff blow outs, and then a dud in the AFC Championship game, but I'm still a hardcore Bronco fan to the bone and have researched and learned enough about our history to be a fan of the name, the colors, and the team, not just the players.

Well we all have to start somehwere! You know your team and it's history and you stand by them through thick and thin. You cannot ask for more than that!:salute: Go Broncos!!!!

turftoad
01-25-2010, 11:52 AM

Me too Carol but, that doesn't mean I have to like whats going on, AND I don't.

pnbronco
01-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Me too Carol but, that doesn't mean I have to like whats going on, AND I don't.

Turf we understand that and no one is saying that you have to agree or like it. Support is a different thing than approval, just think about what it's like to raise a teenager. You can't believe some of the things that they do and it drives you nuts but when push comes to shove you always have their back and heaven help anyone that tries to hurt them.

For me that's what has bothered me the most about all this. It's not that people are upset, you have the right to feel however you feel. It's that a outside reporter and can say something negative about our team and it's used as a truth.

None of us have a crystal ball and look into the future to see if what is going on will be good or bad. I just don't want to be the Browns of the West and go well maybe we should of given that coach more time.

KCL
01-25-2010, 02:01 PM
If you're a true fan...you have to stand up for your team no matter what...look at me...that should tell you something! ;)

Even though I am not a Broncos fan (no matter what top says...:lol:) the intent of the thread is good!!!

Devilspawn
01-25-2010, 02:48 PM
Any Bronco fan that gives up because of a little puddle is a ***** to me.

Hoser
01-25-2010, 03:19 PM
I dunno. The term fan comes from the word fanatic, and if you look at the definition of that word, there are a lot of people that really aren't "fanatics".

CoachChaz
01-25-2010, 03:21 PM
Without the bad times, we dont appreciate the good times

T.K.O.
01-25-2010, 03:28 PM
we all have the right to voice our opinion on decisions made by the team,thats one of the purposes for the forums.
i think its great that we all care about the team enough to do so.
however it seems that lately it does'nt matter what the decision is,there is just an unusual amount of hate for our new coach (not in #'s of people but in so many instances).
i really think most of the anger is more because people generally dont like change. and its not so much what is being done, as it is who is doing it.
the broncos changed dc's and players frequently over the years . but most people trusted that it was for the good of the team etc...
a HUGE part of the problem lately is...people say "josh has'nt earned the right" to make these decisions etc... but the fact is he has. he is the head coach and has been charged with leading an nfl franchise,that means he will live and die by his choices.
the fact that he is young has had a huge impact on how people view him as well.
its safe to say that inexperience will affect some of his decision making .
but to assume he is incompetent because of his age is unfair.
he did a great job at several coaching levels prior to getting this job and therefore "EARNED" the right to have things done his way.
just ask the guy who hired him to do just that !

i also really get pissed when people say things like "josh mcdaniels had made the broncos a laughing stock" and "he's tearing the team apart" etc...
the broncos are not a laughing stock by any stretch and i have seen no credible sources suggesting it was.
and yes there has been turmoil,but he was hired to figure out why this team has not been a serious contender for quite some time....and fix it.
that is what he is trying to do.
and it will take more than one season to do it .

KCL
01-25-2010, 03:31 PM

I agree...like when Denver kicked ass in KC and KC did the same thing in
Denver? Kinda like that? ;)

All joking aside...you're right!

T.K.O.
01-25-2010, 04:02 PM

and the same can be said that the good times,make the bad times even worse.
like starting 6-0 and finishing 8-8.if we had won every other week all year and finished 8-8 ,there would be alot less hate right now;)
and fans of teams that have sucked forever get all giddy with a 1 and done in the playoffs...sorry bolts fans:D

Crush05
01-25-2010, 07:58 PM
In the end we are all fans of our respescted teams. Those who are respectful here from other teams i.e. KCL for the CHEFS yes I said Chefs not Chiefs lol just a lil poke. And DevilSpawn who I think I met a couple years ago in Oakland met somany that day cannot remember them all. But like I said if your a true fan of your team you stick to your team through thick and thin. Heck look at me I stood by the Broncos when Jake was here and now with Kyle here. But hey they were and are Broncos so I support them!!!:salute:

Hardwired
01-25-2010, 08:59 PM
I've been a Broncos fan since we lived in Denver back in '85. I caught the fever hard. There were some pretty bad years and 3 embarrassing and humiliating SB losses and I gave up on them and tried to pick a new team, but every time I watched a Broncos game I ended up yelling for them to win. I finally embraced my sickness. :)

I watched the first SB win in a house full of Green Bay fans and it was the sweetest feeling in the world to watch them all stare at the screen when my boys stopped GB on 4th down and everyone realized the Broncos had won a SuperBowl.

I didn't pick the Broncos. They picked me, and I'm with them every step of the way no matter what. I bleed blue and orange.

Devilspawn
01-31-2010, 01:27 AM
In the end we are all fans of our respescted teams. Those who are respectful here from other teams i.e. KCL for the CHEFS yes I said Chefs not Chiefs lol just a lil poke. And DevilSpawn who I think I met a couple years ago in Oakland met somany that day cannot remember them all. But like I said if your a true fan of your team you stick to your team through thick and thin. Heck look at me I stood by the Broncos when Jake was here and now with Kyle here. But hey they were and are Broncos so I support them!!!:salute:
We ain't going nowhere. :D

We never met by the way. Hope they treated you nice up there.

56crash
02-01-2010, 12:47 PM
someone post barny